Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Woo-Wooo!  Now I can buy guns with more thrust per squeeze!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
MICHIGAN MEMBERS NEED TO PREPARE FOR ANOTHER FIGHT!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=39&t=184292

They are attempting a last minute blitz to get a state AWB!

Follow the link. You will find the story and a link to locate and contact your state Reps and Senator!

Give me some plausible michigan address/zip code info to use and I'll call too.

for Freeland, Michigan (Jim Howell's district) you live in 48623. You can live on River Road, First, Second, Third..., or just about any northern tree name road.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Tom Delay is my man!  I received a very nice letter from him in reply to my Sunset letter.

He is definitely on our side!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:02:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
*raises hands... steps forward*  I'll take one for the team...  But you guys ow me a mint pre-ban (pre-94 I'm in NY afterall) HK-94, HK-93, FN FNC, Sig 550 series, Daewoo K2, Krinkov 5.45 and a nice AK sidefolder.  Guys, you do that for me and I'll nail her eight ways until Monday... poor old Goat will be too tired to fight for the ban... and if you throw in an MP5SD and store it for me in a free state, well I'll stuff it in the pooper and take pics for all you sickos!

You sure, Hiram?

www.thegunzone.com/rkba/images/di-fei.jpg

That is one SCARY pic
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#5]
My letter to Feinswine:

"Senator" Feinstein,

I am not a CA resident, but your actions as a lawmaker have affected me, so I feel compelled to write.  

Your so-called "Assault Weapons" ban is about to go the way of the dodo.  This law did nothing except to criminalize the actions of gun collectors and sport shooters across this country.  We owners of "Assault Weapons" are patriots, interested in military history, collectors, hunters, we have families to protect.  We ARE NOT criminals, and you wish to make us criminals because of your own emotion based opinion that these weapons are yucky, or somehow more deadly than other types of weapons.  

A bolt action 30-06, commonly used as a hunting rifle, can be employed to accuratly hit targets up to 1,000 yds away.  Thats over a half a mile.  Is it an "Assault Weapon"?

A .38 caliber revolver can fire 5-6 shots in less than 2 seconds, and fit inside a womans purse without being noticed. Is it an "Assault Weapon"?

A pump action shotgun can fire a 5 rounds of 00 buckshot, accurate to 50 yds, in about 5 seconds.  Thats the equivalent of about 45 9mm bullets.  Is that an "Assault Weapon"?  My AK-47 can't put that much lead downrange that fast.

You see, ANY firearm can be construed to have evil features or purposes, but the underlying fact is that PEOPLE are the problem.  A gun is a machine.  The operator is the weapon.  

What makes you think that people inclined to commit murder or rape, robbery or terrorism, would stop for even one second to consider whether the weapon they plan on using is legal?  They don't have regard for laws, thats the definition of criminal.  

Murder is illegal.  It still happens.
Rape is illegal.  It still happens.

Both of these crimes are preventable, simply by being armed, and not willing to be a victim.  All you want to do is disarm the people in this country who have regard for law.  You want to create a society of victims.  Criminals will always have guns, legal or not.  You won't get the criminals guns, only those who obey the law.  You plan will never work, it will make the whole country as crime ridden as Washington DC, home of the nations most strict gun control.  Yeah, that really worked well, didn't it.  
States with less restrictions on guns, and more legally concealed weapons, have less crime.  Its a provable fact.  Your model of a dream world with no evil weapons is delusional.  

And your willingness to blatantly lie about the useage of "Assault Weapons" is a disgrace to your title.  

You swore an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States.  If you hate gun ownership so much, resign your office today.  Because gun ownership is a part of being American.  We are a country of doers, not sayers.  We are not a culture of victims, either of crime or government.  That is what our founding fathers envisioned for our country.  If you don't like it, then don't pretend to represent the people of California anymore.  

The next time you bring a bill to the table, myself and millions of gun owners like me will be calling, writing, faxing, and emailing our representatives like crazy to see your "laws" shot down.  You will never get another Ban passed.  In fact, the DC handgun ban is up for repeal, and the House will certainly pass it.  Your cause is dead.  Gun owners are sick of having their rights taken away, and people across this country realize that owning and being proficient with a gun is the best way to keep themselves and family safe from criminals and terrorists.  After all, we don't all get State sponsered bodyguards like you do.  Kinda hypocritical, don't you think?

Happy AWB Sunset day, in advance!"

Logic might work, and I got some shots in on the personal level too.  Fuck that bitch.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Somebody...not me, but somebody needs to take one for the team and stuff one down her throat until Monday at midnight.  

You mean a baseball bat, right?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

F*CK FEINSTIEN!    

YOU F*CK her; I don't want to wind up with a bad case of Da Clap.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My letter to Feinswine:

"Senator" Feinstein,

I am not a CA resident, but your actions as a lawmaker have affected me, so I feel compelled to write.  

Your so-called "Assault Weapons" ban is about to go the way of the dodo.  This law did nothing except to criminalize the actions of gun collectors and sport shooters across this country.  We owners of "Assault Weapons" are patriots, interested in military history, collectors, hunters, we have families to protect.  We ARE NOT criminals, and you wish to make us criminals because of your own emotion based opinion that these weapons are yucky, or somehow more deadly than other types of weapons.  

A bolt action 30-06, commonly used as a hunting rifle, can be employed to accuratly hit targets up to 1,000 yds away.  Thats over a half a mile.  Is it an "Assault Weapon"?

A .38 caliber revolver can fire 5-6 shots in less than 2 seconds, and fit inside a womans purse without being noticed. Is it an "Assault Weapon"?

A pump action shotgun can fire a 5 rounds of 00 buckshot, accurate to 50 yds, in about 5 seconds.  Thats the equivalent of about 45 9mm bullets.  Is that an "Assault Weapon"?  My AK-47 can't put that much lead downrange that fast.

You see, ANY firearm can be construed to have evil features or purposes, but the underlying fact is that PEOPLE are the problem.  A gun is a machine.  The operator is the weapon.  

What makes you think that people inclined to commit murder or rape, robbery or terrorism, would stop for even one second to consider whether the weapon they plan on using is legal?  They don't have regard for laws, thats the definition of criminal.  

Murder is illegal.  It still happens.
Rape is illegal.  It still happens.

Both of these crimes are preventable, simply by being armed, and not willing to be a victim.  All you want to do is disarm the people in this country who have regard for law.  You want to create a society of victims.  Criminals will always have guns, legal or not.  You won't get the criminals guns, only those who obey the law.  You plan will never work, it will make the whole country as crime ridden as Washington DC, home of the nations most strict gun control.  Yeah, that really worked well, didn't it.  
States with less restrictions on guns, and more legally concealed weapons, have less crime.  Its a provable fact.  Your model of a dream world with no evil weapons is delusional.  

And your willingness to blatantly lie about the useage of "Assault Weapons" is a disgrace to your title.  

You swore an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States.  If you hate gun ownership so much, resign your office today.  Because gun ownership is a part of being American.  We are a country of doers, not sayers.  We are not a culture of victims, either of crime or government.  That is what our founding fathers envisioned for our country.  If you don't like it, then don't pretend to represent the people of California anymore.  

The next time you bring a bill to the table, myself and millions of gun owners like me will be calling, writing, faxing, and emailing our representatives like crazy to see your "laws" shot down.  You will never get another Ban passed.  In fact, the DC handgun ban is up for repeal, and the House will certainly pass it.  Your cause is dead.  Gun owners are sick of having their rights taken away, and people across this country realize that owning and being proficient with a gun is the best way to keep themselves and family safe from criminals and terrorists.  After all, we don't all get State sponsered bodyguards like you do.  Kinda hypocritical, don't you think?

Happy AWB Sunset day, in advance!"

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/politics/2783410

Renewal of assault weapon ban shot down in Senate
With president on the sidelines, its sponsor says, bill has no chance
By GEBE MARTINEZ
Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON - The fight to renew a favored ban on assault weapons effectively died Tuesday after the lead Senate sponsor of a bill to continue restrictions on the sale and manufacture of some semi-automatic weapons conceded defeat.

"Absent the president twisting arms, it's nil," said Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., of the chances to get a bill passed before midnight Monday, when the law expires.

President Bush has indicated he would sign an extension of the 1994 law if Congress got it to his desk. But Bush has not asked the House to pass it, and congressional Republican leaders, including House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Sugar Land, have refused to bring it to the floor for a vote.

A survey released this week by the University of Pennsylvania's National Annenberg Election Survey in Philadelphia found that 68 percent of Americans want Congress to extend the gun law.

But gun manufacturers already are marketing military-style firearms in preparation for the rollback of the weapons law, according to a study released Tuesday by the Consumer Federation of America, a nonprofit collection of 300 consumer groups.

The consumer group interviewed gun industry experts and marketing representatives and surveyed manufacturers' catalogs and Web sites. At least one company offers a nonrefundable prepayment option to those looking for a head start.

As a result, "assault weapons are going to be more lethal and less expensive," said Susan Peschin, firearms project director at the federation.

Earlier this year, 52 senators voted for the ban on manufacturing 19 types of semi-automatic rifles and shotguns and on ammunition clips holding more than 10 rounds. But it was part of a bill that was later defeated.

While some House members are expected to try to attach the ban to another "must-pass" bill this session, a pragmatic Feinstein said the fight is over for now. She vowed to re-introduce an assault weapons ban next year.

"If the president says he's going to sign the bill — and that indicates he supports the bill — but he does not do anything to help it pass, the bill will fail," Feinstein said.

Nonetheless, groups continue to campaign until the deadline.

For example, the National Rifle Association gun lobby warned on its Web site that it "cannot take anything for granted." It vowed to "pull out all the stops" to make sure the ban isn't renewed.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, questioned the effectiveness of the current ban and said supporters of gun owners' rights fear a new law might overreach "to all kinds of hunting rifles. Automatic weapons are banned already."

Consumer Federation of America

Show me ONE unbiased report....just one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top