Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Another vote for 'them.'
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Clearly and obviously, Blacks use the "N" word more than anyone else.

That word isn't even in my lexicon...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#3]
People will never be color blind, it's too hard to overlook obvious differences.

When the day comes when you can discuss those differences without getting mad or worrying about offending someone racism will finally be dead.

Every color has a different look and different culture.  In reality it's not that important, but as long as people keep making a big deal out of it, it's going to be a big deal.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:07:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
fucking racial trolls.......

You're one of my favs here, Cav, but I disagree with you on this one. What? Can't anyone bring up any issue about race anymore without being chastised for "racial" crimes?

C'mon, dude. Lighten up.

+1

How about this. Fuck you, fuck your +1 and fuck arfcom.

I am fucking tired of all the racial bullshit here as the topic of the fucking day. If it isnt "towelhead" or "raghead" its "nigger" or better yet uppity nigra or complaining about Mexicans.

You motherfuckers wonder why Blacks vote for democrats, its this bullshit, over and over again.

esad.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:29:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're one of my favs here, Cav, but I disagree with you on this one. What? Can't anyone bring up any issue about race anymore without being chastised for "racial" crimes?

C'mon, dude. Lighten up.

+1

I am fucking tired of all the racial bullshit here as the topic of the fucking day. If it isnt "towelhead" or "raghead" its "nigger" or better yet uppity nigra or complaining about Mexicans.

You motherfuckers wonder why Blacks vote for democrats, its this bullshit, over and over again.

esad.

I think it has more to do with welfare.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:44:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:56:49 AM EDT
[#7]
More to do with welfare?  Even though whites make up the largest percentage of people on welfare?

Digital

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:58:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
More to do with welfare?  Even though whites make up the largest percentage of people on welfare?

Digital

Yeah.

I guess sarcasm does not work over the internet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:15:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

C'mon, dude. Lighten up.

+1

esad.

<Ross Perot voice> You People are way too sensative <Ross Perot voice>
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:29:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Yo, Mama
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:06:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

C'mon, dude. Lighten up.

+1

esad.

Maybe it's because everywhere we (white people) look, we're constantly assaulted with "Diversity Day" "______ History Month/Week/Day/Hour/Minute/etc" "Don't offend the Mooooslims, even though they're killing us"  and on and on and on and on.

This is one of the only places people can vent without 88s, Dems, or other jackasses adding their unique bullshit to the mix.  Believe it or not, not everyone who dislikes "Diversity" is an 88 or a Klan member..they're just sick of the accompanying crap that happens when "Diversity" comes to their neighborhood.  

Example.  I live in a suburb of about 25,000 people.  Until recently, it was fairly homogeneous, racially speaking.  There are several black families that have lived in this town for a hundred years or so, and they're just like everyone else here, and any of us consider them neighbors without regard for their color.

In the last three years, tax abatements for businesses wishing to build large distribution centers here have resulted in an influx of blacks and other minorities from Indianapolis, who are working in these warehouses.  Crime here has gone through the ceiling, and listening to the police radio - which reveals details not printed in the paper - shows who's doing it.  Just last night, I heard three separate incidents (remember, this is a town of under 25,000) of robbery (yes, robbery, not burglary) and in all three, the suspects were black males under 25.  Yes, the white people here fuck up too, but it's usually a DV or DUI, not robbing a gas station or assaulting someone at the park.  

Now we have lowriders, POS Cadillacs bumping rap music, and assorted ethnic types causing all kinds of trouble - for instance, you used to be able to go into the local BW-3 and get some wings without having to worry too much about some vato starting a fight that may end in a knifing or shooting right next to you.  Used to be, they'd fuck up their own neighborhoods, but leave mine alone.  It kind of bothers me.

Sorry for speaking the truth, but that's just the way it is.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:09:24 AM EDT
[#12]
CRACKER DOWN!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:22:07 AM EDT
[#13]
I have tried to quit using that word even though as a child living in a white world that was the word that we heard all the time.  The important thing is to consider peoples feelings.  Most of my friends are white and hispanic.  It is my duty to not be the white stereotype, to let others know that I am doing my part.  To realize that color is not all that a person is.  That there are asshole, lazy non workin people in all flavors.

I find it refreshing, surprising, when someone that is not the same color as me, is just like me, someone that I could be friends with.

When the day comes that I am not surprised by this happening, then I will be able to say that there has been true progress.

It is hard to beat your raising and old habits die hard.  The raising in other cultures is different and so there are different perspectives and preferences, this is normal, for "them" or "us".  I associate with people like me and imagine a lot of people are the same way.  The important thing for all of us is to consider the other side and be carefull of others feelings and perspectives.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Do they ever call each other coon?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#15]
My sister-in-law and her family
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#16]
I agree with Pangea-when the NAACP changes their name I'll change too. I'm not gonna look stupid in public stumbling over what to call someone of African heritage while I try to be PC.

Where I'm originally from-south St. Louis-the terms "nigger" and "poor white trash" were used as equals, and were equally derogatory. Rednecks are far superior to PWT, and I had colored friends growing up that I'd trust with anything of mine.

Personally, I stay away from both now, preferring the phrase, "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything".
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:43:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
By using the term "us or them" you are assuming everyone here is white.

+1, dumb assumption
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#19]
I've been living in Atlanta for the last 4 years, (Med school).

Anyway, ...

Oh, nevermind.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top