BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
'rescue me' and 'nip/tuck' are really good too, but 'the shield' is the best.  my fav is when they went down to mexico to grab that guy.  all fuckin balls.  

most innovative show on TV since miami vice.  

That's right... innovative.

And the best show on TV since "Hill Street Blues."

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Up until the last minute of the first episode, I felt the same as you guys. But it turned out to be ANOTHER glorification of dirty cops. Havent watched it since.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:39:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Up until the last minute of the first episode, I felt the same as you guys. But it turned out to be ANOTHER glorification of dirty cops. Havent watched it since.

Yeah, they are bad cops, but if you watch more of season 1, you will see that they go through some serious mental stress trying to come to grips with what they did.  All of them come to see that it was a very bad idea, even if it got them out of hot water temporarily.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Guess you walked out of the theater after the first 5 minutes of Bad Lietenenant w/ Harvey Keitel ?

What did you mean by "ANOTHER glorification of dirty cops."?  Im curious, not being  a wiseass. Are you talking about depictions on other shows, maybe movies?

Yeah, they are bad cops, but if you watch more of season 1, you will see that they go through some serious mental stress trying to come to grips with what they did. All of them come to see that it was a very bad idea, even if it got them out of hot water temporarily.

Couldnt of said it better myself, without the dirty cop  element, this would be just another rendition of Hill Street Blues. The Strike Team plays by their own rules.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:10:35 PM EDT
[#5]
"The Wire" on HBO is also a fine series,  "Street Time" on Showtime was also a good one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#6]
DEADWOOD is a fantastic show as well.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#7]
95% of all movies/shows/news stories relating to cops portrays them in a negative light. You rarely hear about the good things cops do on the news as apposed to the dirty cops on the take. And the good deeds probably outnumber the bad 100 to 1.

I do think what I saw of the shield was all well done, but just a turn off to me.

I agree with the earlier post, i fuckin' love "The Wire"
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#8]
It's an awesome show!

Only annoying thing is, I keep remembering the scene where Mackey stuffs a cleaning brush down the muzzle of his assembled gun, then takes it out and puts the gun right into his holster. So, he's either walking around with an unloaded gun, or stuffing a cleaning rod down the muzzle of a loaded gun. WTF!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:30:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's an awesome show!

Only annoying thing is, I keep remembering the scene where Mackey stuffs a cleaning brush down the muzzle of his assembled gun, then takes it out and puts the gun right into his holster. So, he's either walking around with an unloaded gun, or stuffing a cleaning rod down the muzzle of a loaded gun. WTF!

Huh, I didn't see that one.  The only 'gun mistake' I can remember from that show is when they pulled MP5s out of that crate, and loaded them up to take on the Army guys barricaded in the back room.  I wouldn't have wanted to run into a room full of bad guys with a weapon I had never held, fired, or zeroed before.  But that's just me.  Maybe Vic and the Strike Team believe in HK as much as SteyrAug does.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:43:32 AM EDT
[#10]
i tivo every episode
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#11]
....deleted
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top