Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Why do so many people get married these days without a prenup?    I have been happily married nearly 10 years.   The prenup may not be worth the paper it is written on, but the lil lady is convinced that she would get nothing.  So far, that has kept her in line.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The depths of a womans depravity are unimaginable. ....

+1

seriously!

think 9/11 when it comes to women.. they'll do shit you would never imagine in a million years.

and the fucking courts let them get away with so much shit, no to mention how biased the courts are.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:18:15 AM EDT
[#3]
AWWW, Crap! Man that sucks dead dog wiener! If she is goona be nast, be TWICE as nasty back. Without being against the law ofsourse. I would talk to the neighbor also. If you want ,I'll talk to him also. Send me an IM if you want. Good luck fella!Take care. Coondog
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:21:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Geez, I need to drink more coffee. Sorry about all the misspelled words. Just call me a hypocrite. Take care. Coondog
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:23:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Gee,
Where are all the Women of ARFCOM ???

Obviously not here defending their gender against us Neanderthals....

CKMorley
(not married.....thank god)
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:30:27 AM EDT
[#6]
If the neighbor is being a shit bag, tell him two of them are registered as NFA SBR.  Tell him you have to report his possession of them to the ATF.  When he asks which ones, just tell him it doesn't matter unless he wants to sell them all back to you.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:36:56 AM EDT
[#7]
This is what you do.  Call the police and have them meet you in front of his house and tell them that he has your guns and you want them back.  When he tries to say he bought them insist that they are yours and you want them back.  The guns are yours.  Insist he be arrested if he refuses to give them back.  Of course you will bring proof of ownership.  He just might be willing to let you have them back instead of going through all the trouble.  The worst thing is that the police will say there is nothing they can do.  It thats the case let him know you will be filing a lawsuit against him.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
link?

I think you can surf your way over there and find it.
Edited to add: I went over to look, and the comment was edited out by the poster  but still contained within a quote elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:03:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Ouch!
I feel for ya brother.
I just completed my divorce this week.
We had a nice concillitory divorce after 28 years.
We used one lawyer, I paid her the equity in the house, we split what little bills we had.
She kept her pensions, I kept mine.
What ever stuff she wanted in the house she took.
I still have all my guns and antique bicycles.
I consider myself lucky that it turned out this way, instead of the uglier way
it could have.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Sue the fucking balls off her after its all done.  Ask the neighbor for the stuff back, if he refuses, sue the fucking balls off him.  Sue, and keep sueing.  

I got fired one time from a telemarketing job once for having to take 3 days off for a college orientation.  Called up my lawyer, got the bitch fired, collected some doe, and now the place is shut down...moral: Don't fuck with me!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It's community property, what's his is hers and hers is his....

It is'nt theft.

Sad but true.  All the more reason to get your house in order.  This ungodly matriarchal system that WE have allowed to be established has the sole objective of cutting the testicles off of men.  And to think WE gave women the right to vote.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It's community property, what's his is hers and hers is hishers....

It is'nt theft.

fixed it for ya

Ive never seen a divorce work any other way

man gets the shaft never gets the kids or house or any of the stuff other than clothes on his backrarely see the kids. gets half ort more of his income taken from him and constant cout battles with the bitch.

untill death do we part
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Sucks to hear that man but it only proves a theory...

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sue the fucking balls off her after its all done.  Ask the neighbor for the stuff back, if he refuses, sue the fucking balls off him.  Sue, and keep sueing.  

I got fired one time from a telemarketing job once for having to take 3 days off for a college orientation.  Called up my lawyer, got the bitch fired, collected some doe, and now the place is shut down...moral: Don't fuck with me!

That is my philosphy too. The amount of shit I will rain down upon you is incomprehendable.

In the time it took to start this thread, I would have sold everything she fucking owned to the first person to haul it away. Cancelled credit cards, everything, emtied bank accounts, etc.

And go get a restraining order right now against her, before she does it to you. And be sure to accuse her of molesting the kids, as she will probably pull that one on you.

Lesson: be on offense, not defense.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#15]
What's truly pathetic is that we have men in positions of power willing to screw over other men for the women in this country. Lower than the crap on the bottom of my shoe, IMO.

I'd have a pretty damn serious talk with my neighbor given the circumstances.

If that failed I might violate rule#4 several times.

Best of luck...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#16]
File s uit agaisnt the neighbor for fraud.

Your wife sold the tools and rifles for FAR below market value.  this is illegal.

Filing a fruad suit against him will stop him form getting rid of them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Are you a C&R license holder?
If any of those guns were on your bound book, the ATF would definitely be interested in talking to your soon-to-be-ex and Mr. Neighbor.

I couldnt imagine the shit somebody would go through if you told the ATF they've got a closet full of stolen C&R guns that you've got listed in your bound book.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Basically, in a divorce or suit, you cannot dispose of assets below market value.  If you do this, it is fraud upon the estate and maybe on the court.  I would sile suit on Monday and attmept to get a Temp injunction to stop the neighbor from selling the guns.

Monday morning, I would talk to my lawyer and have him prepare the suit, pay him to get it ready to file when you call.

Then, I would nkock on the neighbor's door and talk to him.  Offer him $1800.00 for the guns nad tools.  $300.00 for saving them for you.  Might even let him keep one of the rifles that you don;t like.

If he says no, them file that day or Tuesday morning & have the fucker served.  I would not let him know that you had a petition for fraud ready to go.  If he won;t give you the guns when you tlak to him, then sue the fucker and make him get an attorney & defend his purchase.  The fact is, he knows he got those tools and guns way below market value and he is going to have to spend a lot of money to prove he didn't.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I would probably amend my client's counter petiton for divorce, naming the neighbor as a party and including a count for perpetration of fraud upon the marital estate ad he would be the subject of that count along with the bitch wife..
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#20]
you should re-title this Wife STOLE my gun collection....

Sorry to hear this...sue her ass and get that neighbor to do the right thing....
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm pushing 40 really hard, and it's threads like these that make me glad I never married and never had kids.

On the other hand, it's lonely sometimes and I want a wife and some children. I love kids.

I guess the bottom line is, you have got to find the right wife AND there has to be a moral compass in the marriage other than yourselves to guide the often rough road of a strong and lasting marriage.

God help us.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Were the registered in your name?  Not that I am a fan of gun registration, but if they were, it will go a long way in your favor.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe maybe not . Talk to the dude . It might be a "I saved your guns , but it cost me $1500 to do it for you ."situation.

That would be nice, but I'd assume that he already talked to him before posting here.

You might want to offer your neighbor an extra $100 "for his trouble."  If he still gives you the "tough shit, I got myself a bargain" routine, explain that your divorce attorney will be filing a lawsuit against him to recover the firearms and that they are going to become real expensive, real fast.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
link?

Edited to add: I went over to look, and the comment was edited out by the poster  but still contained within a quote elsewhere.

didn't see it in the topic titles, any clues as to where it might be ?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's community property, what's his is hers and hers is his....

It is'nt theft.

Sad but true.  All the more reason to get your house in order.  This ungodly matriarchal system that WE have allowed to be established has the sole objective of cutting the testicles off of men.  And to think WE gave women the right to vote.

Where the fuck is his half of the money from the sale of THEIR guns then. BULLSHIT. Get a vicious hardcore lawyer and rip her to shreads.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:28:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
link?

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=71&t=269997
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#28]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Is the marriage worth saving or just your stuff?

MT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

she essentially stole and sold something of great value to him. marriage worth saving? what do you think?

I only asked because some women do strange things to wake us up from our own little world. I was wondering if it was actually an effect from something he might have caused???

We don't know the specifics of his relationship.

MT
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
link?

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=71&t=269997

Yow!

Took 9 minutes for the GT* to reconsider and edit the post...

*Gender Traitor

[disclaimer]It is my fervent hope that by mentioning the title "G***er Tr****r" that it will only be used for a short laugh or guffaw, in this thread for a brief moment, then lost to the fog of time, like sand through the hourglass, rather than a relentless, omnipresent millstone-like moniker, to be carried by the party and or parties in question for the rest of their days[/disclaimer]

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#31]
my wife just brought up an excellent idea. Go sell all your wifes clothes and personal belongings since everything is "community" property.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Are you a C&R license holder?
If any of those guns were on your bound book, the ATF would definitely be interested in talking to your soon-to-be-ex and Mr. Neighbor.

I couldnt imagine the shit somebody would go through if you told the ATF they've got a closet full of stolen C&R guns that you've got listed in your bound book.

Kharn

This is a nice idea.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#33]
1) Is MO community property state?

2) Either neighbor is innocent and will hook you up or he is banging her. I just dont see any middle ground.

3) After this is all long over, give me her phone number. So I can tell her in her ear, " I heard what you did to KLR2001. You are so lucky you did it to him and not a million guys I know. If you had done this to anyone else, you probably wouldnt be hearing this phone call right now. You need to call him and thank him for not [censored by rule by author]".

Take the slow legal recourse, mucho better for you in the long run. The better the lawyer the more you pay. Depends on how bad you want to stuff it to her, versus getting as far away from her as possible.

You also may want to think about getting your tools secured before your neighbor has a new toolbox too.

I pray this never happens to me. I have no clue what my limit is, I have always managed to be well in control of myself, but this one sounds very scary. <"man, that bitch tok my guns?">

Mmanwitgun, as for slick rick songs.....

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm not a lawyer, didn't play one. Call police and report them stolen! They are probably all in your name, correct?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:15:36 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe maybe not . Talk to the dude . It might be a "I saved your guns , but it cost me $1500 to do it for you ."situation.

That would be nice, but I'd assume that he already talked to him before posting here.

If he left his guns in a safe where his wife had the combination during their divorce proceedings, I wouldn't bloody count on it.

Anyone who has been here for more than a year knows the first rule of being a gun owner and getting divorce:
GET YOUR GUNS OUT OF THE HOUSE AND 'SELL' THEM TO YOUR PARENTS, BROTHER, TRUSTED FRIEND BEFORE YOUR WIFE DOES THIS SHIT OR SAYS YOU'RE A DANGER TO HER AND GETS A RESTRAINING ORDER SLAPPED ON YOU AND YOUR GUNS CONFISCATED!

Ignore that at your own peril.

I feel for him, but unless his neighbor is helping him, he just got screwed and he's got little chance of having anything happen in his favor.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Where is your Attorney and what is he doing about it?  Pay attention to the post by SC-Texas on page 3.

Your wife may also have transferred the firearms illegally under both State and Federal law if the firearms were never transferred to her by you prior to her disposing of them.  If that's the case your neighbor could be forced to return the firearms without compensation from you and would have to sue your wife for the return of his money. Your Attorney should be able to scare his pants off without too much trouble.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Anyone who has been here for more than a year knows the first rule of being a gun owner and getting divorce:
GET YOUR GUNS OUT OF THE HOUSE AND 'SELL' THEM TO YOUR PARENTS, BROTHER, TRUSTED FRIEND BEFORE YOUR WIFE DOES THIS SHIT OR SAY YOU'RE A DANGER TO THEM AND GETS A RESTRAINING ORDER SLAPPED ON YOU!

Ignore that at your own perl.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

I'm always kind of amazed at that. Not sure I'd give anyone anything and I really don't understand why people do. Just my 2 cents on the subject as I see neither reason nor justification for doing so. I might cache most of my weapons somewhere but that's about it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#38]
 The only thing you can do is talk to your lawyer and see what he says can be done in your state. Remember though that they are just guns. That is coming from a guy who has been messing with guns for 30 years. Unless they are high condition antique guns that can not be replaced, after this is over you can replace them with the exact same model set up the exact same way.
 Your lawyer may be able to leverage the neighbor into returning them. I'm sure your neighbor won't like being subpoenaed to civil court to testify about the gun buy.
 It really sucks to have this happen and you have my sympathy. We all buy guns during good times only to have to come off some of them during bad times or to pay for things that become more important. I've seen guys liquidate entire collections of Lugers during divorces. You'll end up with a safe full of guns again a few years from now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#39]
I'd go have a talk with the neighbor (assuming he's not in cahoots with your wife) and explain to him why he should return the guns to your wife while you are there and have him  demand she give him his money back. Then I'd make sure the guns disappeared until after the divorce. Maybe sell them to a friend for $1500 with the understanding that they will be returned after the smoke clears.

Then I'd make sure every fucking piece of clothing and jewelery the wife owns gets donated to the Salvation Army. I'd get rid of all her make up and toiletries too. Donate all the doilies, slip covers, sofa pillows, Longaberger baskets and other girlie foofoo shit in the house.  Really kick her ass to the curb for being such a heartless cunt.  Get rid of all her pictures, dried flowers, greeting cards, scrap books  and momentos that she cherishes. Fuck her over with the same shitty tactics she used. She did it because it was the meanest thing she could think of doing, so it will certainly carve a gaping hole in her psyche when you use it against her.

But that's just me. You may want to take a more drastic and heartless approach.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#42]
1. Mention this to your lawyer: "Uniform Fraudulent Transfers Act." I don't know for sure if it will apply here, but in general terms it allows the recission by a potential creditor of any transaction made by a potential debtor after the debtor knows or should know of the impending maturity of the obligation. The coming division of your property creates mutual debtor/creditor status between you and your wife.

2. In any event, your wife is liable for the fair market value of the property, not the sale price, so she may have screwed herself.

3. If she's hiring a lawyer for $1500, and he's dumb enough to tell her to do something which will certainly alienate the hell out of the judge, you shouldn't be sweating too much.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:54:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

How'd she get into your safe?

Ditto.  Mine knows it's a safe, that's about it.  If I di, she's gonna have to get a torch amn to open it
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#44]
All women want to do in life is the following five things…

1. Cry
2. Talk about their emotions / feelings
3. Screw over man / husbands
4. Eat
5. Watch Oprah

Congratulations – you most likely laughed at for doing #1 and #5, did not do #2 enough, encouraged here not to do #4  - so she did #3.

Women, in general (with exceptions) are just not as rational as us men. For example, remember four years ago when Al Gore kissed his wife before his acceptance speech? Well his poll numbers went through the roof, especially among women. When Fran Lutz did the after action report on the speech – all the women could talk about was ‘The Kiss’, as they put it. Now, if women can be swayed to vote for a man because kiss kissed his wife like that on TV – do you really expect them to be rational?

Hell, I would be willing to bet that in her own mind she was jealous of your guns, because it took attention away from her. Sure, they were there to protect her, but to think that is to apply reason to the situation – something that women have a hard time doing. She probably even blames YOU because she cannot eat what she wants to in fear of being fat and the conations that has to most men.

Simply put – there is NO reasoning with them because emotions and feelings hold as much or more weight in any argument to women as does cold hard facts.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#45]
uh oh...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#46]
His guns are his, she stole them and sold them. If she contributed to them that is a different story.   Call the Police and the ATF and have her arrested

I'm going through this divorce shit as we speak, and my wife was smart enough to leave the guns out of it. I dont mean that as a threat, but she has her stuff that she collects and I have mine.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#47]
if you were the one that filled out the 4473s wouldn't be illegal for her to sell them?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
His guns are his, she stole them and sold them. If she contributed to them that is a different story.   Call the Police and the ATF and have her arrested

I'm going through this divorce shit as we speak, and my wife was smart enough to leave the guns out of it. I dont mean that as a threat, but she has her stuff that she collects and I have mine.

Sorry to hear that man
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#50]
were any of these guns pistols? if they are concealable weapons, your wife and neighbor may be in violation of  
MO Revised Statute Chapter 571 Weapons Offenses Section 571.090
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top