Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
please keep this thread clean... the world needs to know what happened...  

...so that the world knows what we need to finish.  Kill them all, and establish a republic government on thier mecca.  

As always----->Fuck allah.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I've long had an affinity for the Russians.  I've studied their history and culture.  I've read their literature and learned their language, and have always been saddened by the cruel hand history has dealt them, mostly through their governments, then through the widespread poverty and disaffection most people suffered in a country so rich in potential and natural resources.

And now this.

If the Russians want to pave Chechnya, I'll gladly fly there on my own dime, bring my own yellow paint and paint the parking spot lines.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm getting russian news feeds too and this is what I hear, they were waiting for a big enough audience and were going to kill them all… no demands were made…none…

If 'our' side keeps calling for 'moderation' and 'restraint' we have lost this war… already the coverage has been 'sanitized' this side of the pond after the very graphic live news feeds 'offended' a few liberal sensitivities.

Andy

They now know that the world is on to their bullshit.  The fact is that if you're caught in one of these ops your ONLY option is to fight with everything at hand and kill as many of these cocksucking slime as you can before they take you out.

Who wouldn't be able to do this?  CHILDREN, THAT'S WHO!

This is what this War is devolving to.  They can't possibly "win" if enough people have the guts and balls to fight like cornered rats if they find themselves taken hostage so they pick the most innocent and defensless of us.

I can't imagine what it's like to be a parent in that situation.  In a totally no-win situation.  NONE of the previous ROE means jack shit anymore.

Mac and several others have said EXACTLY what my feelings are on this.  I can't put it any better than they have.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Excellent post.

Much needed.

We NEED to know what are enemy really is.

Kill all the terrorists.

Kill all the terrorist supporters.

Kill all the funders of terrorists.

Kill all those who harbor terrorists.

Kill all those who justify terrorism.

Kill all those who deny the identity of the terrorists.

Kill all those who willfully ignore terrorism.

Kill all those who obstruct or obfuscate the identification of terrorists.

+10000
I hate seeing pics like that but i believe the world needs to see what monsters are out there!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#5]
It makes me SICK to think that these Russian children were force to drink their own urine.

It makes me SICK to think that the captors laughed at the children and the eldery when they fainted in sweltering heat.

It makes me SICK that these f-----g so called "religious of peace" bastards killed hundreds of them hostages.

The one thing that would make feel much, much better is to see that these Islamic son-of-a-bitches get nuked.  Come on, who's going to push that red button on those terrorists so that terrorism will be no more???
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:02:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Some day, maybe soon, a renegade russian general will agree to sell the chechens a nuke. He will drive it into grozny to meet with the terrorists. Of course Osama will be there on such a momentus occasion. While unloading it from the truck, the chechens inadvertantly set it off by dropping it. It was old and unstable.

Russian government will feel bad, of course, promise to keep better tabs on its weapons and to demil even more of them, with US help. Russia will send aid as will the UN and USA.

Russia will deny any complicity and blame it all on the general, who of course will have schools named after him for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:19:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If the Russians want to pave Chechnya, I'll gladly fly there on my own dime, bring my own yellow paint and paint the parking spot lines.

You won't be painting alone
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:26:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:55:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Fight....

NWS bound
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:20:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Last October the United Nations' Development Program and the Kuwait-based Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development released a study showing how dire the situation is. Among the findings:
No Arab country spends more than 0.2 percent of its gross national product on scientific research, and most of that money goes toward salaries. By contrast, the United States spends more than 10 times that amount.

Fewer than one in 20 Arab university students pursue scientific disciplines.

There are only 18 computers per 1,000 people in the Arab world. The global average is 78 per 1,000.

Only 370 industrial patents were issued to people in Arab countries between 1980 and 2000. In South Korea during that same period, 16,000 industrial patents were issued.

No more than 10,000 books were translated into Arabic over the entire past millennium, equivalent to the number translated into Spanish each year.

... and, though the study doesn't state such, many Muslims are now becoming foot ball thuggies. They hate the West, but they don't mind adopting British thuggie. By the way, the origin of Thug is the Thuggies of Kali in India who would choke their victims with a rag. Even though they were suppose to be adherents to the goddess Kali, in fact most members of Thuggie were impoverished Muslims.

Islam and the Arab world is a desert in more ways than just sand. It's sort of been that way for a few hundred years.

Nazis, thuggies and next radical Muslims.........................................it's a social disease and the world needs to cure it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:32:39 AM EDT
[#11]
proactive is what got us to this point. there are just as many pictures of murdered men, women and children from our own bombs too.

Violence begets violence, and when we attack countries to arrest/kill individuals that attack us, it'll just get worse.

I feel for the victims in russia, but don't forget who trained these terrorists, who paid them, and who armed them.

That's right, it was Us. this isn't the first time we've done it, and at this rate, we'll be doing it again real soon.

Chris

Quoted:
Those dirty Mother Fucking coward scumbag fucks! They should all Fucking die a slow and painful death!

May the victims Rest in Peace.

Time to go proactive.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:36:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:39:48 AM EDT
[#13]
GB, thanks for your commentary, for some reason I feel as though I just got a visit from the pope!  I agree with a lot of what you said, but in the same turn, like Dresden, an example needs to be made of an Arab or Chechnyan village.  Whether guilty or innocent, a lot of blood must be drawn over this murderous muslim rampage.  I understand that your site is your site and we abide by your rules, but consider allowing people to vent when they need to vent.  Look at my original post.  Its identical to the original because I copied the whole HTML code before I posted the original.  Why?  Because I knew it would get locked.  This board is no longer friendly to its members over terrorist attacks, it caters to the outsider or to RebelGrey, the great friend and all that he was to this site.

Here's a suggestion - when attacks like this occur, people will be pissed, maybe consumed with rage like myself.  Give a 24 hour window for people to vent and get shit off their chests.  To be stifled on THIS of all boards is somewhat disheartening.  This board is more of a family than anywhere else.  In light of that, why would you ban family members?  I don't know if anyone was banned yesterday, but if they were, they should be unbanned ASAP.  I don't mean to step on any mod/staff toes here (not completely true), but there are egos at play that are perhaps overzealous in pursuing "evildoers" on this board, which is why I think my original thread was locked.  Then when I asked why, I was given a "don't call me out."  Come on now.

The bottom line GB, is that incidents and days like yesterday need a second set of rules.  Atrocities against mankind will garner hateful responses around here, but better that than no response at all.  

Anyway, I found myself watching the videos of the assault and the destruction last night well into the morning.  I did that after 9/11.  I found myself looking at the pics on page 1 over and over.  I did that on 9/11.  I find myself once again consumed by utterly paralyzing and consuming rage.  I felt like this after 9/11.  I have no outlet for this rage other than this board....if the rules were like they are now on 9/11, I'd probably never have gotten away from that day and recovered.  This board was MY outlet for 9/11.  All of the rage and emotions I felt were taken here and like minded others and myself dealt with that.  We also dealt with that in the "Nuke Mecca"  "Exterminate Islam" sort of way.  The rules around here have changed, but the feelings, emotions and sickness will never fade in light of an atrocity like yesterday.  Consider a second rulebook on those days, there will be more of them and you should value these members, who like myself, may NEED this outlet.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:03:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
GB, thanks for your commentary, for some reason I feel as though I just got a visit from the pope!  I agree with a lot of what you said, but in the same turn, like Dresden, an example needs to be made of an Arab or Chechnyan village.  Whether guilty or innocent, a lot of blood must be drawn over this murderous muslim rampage.  I understand that your site is your site and we abide by your rules, but consider allowing people to vent when they need to vent.  Look at my original post.  Its identical to the original because I copied the whole HTML code before I posted the original.  Why?  Because I knew it would get locked.  This board is no longer friendly to its members over terrorist attacks, it caters to the outsider or to RebelGrey, the great friend and all that he was to this site.

Here's a suggestion - when attacks like this occur, people will be pissed, maybe consumed with rage like myself.  Give a 24 hour window for people to vent and get shit off their chests.  To be stifled on THIS of all boards is somewhat disheartening.  This board is more of a family than anywhere else.  In light of that, why would you ban family members?  I don't know if anyone was banned yesterday, but if they were, they should be unbanned ASAP.  I don't mean to step on any mod/staff toes here (not completely true), but there are egos at play that are perhaps overzealous in pursuing "evildoers" on this board, which is why I think my original thread was locked.  Then when I asked why, I was given a "don't call me out."  Come on now.

The bottom line GB, is that incidents and days like yesterday need a second set of rules.  Atrocities against mankind will garner hateful responses around here, but better that than no response at all.  

Anyway, I found myself watching the videos of the assault and the destruction last night well into the morning.  I did that after 9/11.  I found myself looking at the pics on page 1 over and over.  I did that on 9/11.  I find myself once again consumed by utterly paralyzing and consuming rage.  I felt like this after 9/11.  I have no outlet for this rage other than this board....if the rules were like they are now on 9/11, I'd probably never have gotten away from that day and recovered.  This board was MY outlet for 9/11.  All of the rage and emotions I felt were taken here and like minded others and myself dealt with that.  We also dealt with that in the "Nuke Mecca"  "Exterminate Islam" sort of way.  The rules around here have changed, but the feelings, emotions and sickness will never fade in light of an atrocity like yesterday.  Consider a second rulebook on those days, there will be more of them and you should value these members, who like myself, may NEED this outlet.

I CAN'T AGREE ENOUGH ! WE ARE ALL SIMPLY EXPRESSING OUR OUTRAGE THAT THESE SAVAGES ALL OF WHOM HAVE ONE THING IN COMMON. THAT IS THAT THEY ARE ALL MUSLIMS WHO HAVE DECIDED THAT ITS GOOD TO KILL INNOCENT MEN,WOMEN AND CHILDREN.

THINK ABOUT IT,EVERY SINGLE ATTACK AGAINST INNOCENT PEOPLE THROUGHOUT THE WORLD HAS BEEN CARRIED OUT BY ONE SINGLE GROUP. MUSLIM TERRORISTS !!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:08:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm a pretty normal, non violent type of guy and still believe in reason to solve problems. But....there is nothing in the world that presses my button to pound these "people' into the ground as seeing the harm done to a child.

Somewhere, deep in my soul, there is such disgust, anger and a sense of animal revenge for these people that I throw all reason to the side. No reasoned discourse or quarter given.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:13:58 AM EDT
[#16]
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5881958/

From MSN article--
"As hostages took their chance to flee, the militants opened fire on them, and security forces — along with town residents who had brought their own weapons — opened covering fire to help the hostages escape."

Right on!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:15:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Some day, maybe soon, a renegade russian general will agree to sell the chechens a nuke. He will drive it into grozny to meet with the terrorists. Of course Osama will be there on such a momentus occasion. While unloading it from the truck, the chechens inadvertantly set it off by dropping it. It was old and unstable.

Russian government will feel bad, of course, promise to keep better tabs on its weapons and to demil even more of them, with US help. Russia will send aid as will the UN and USA.

Russia will deny any complicity and blame it all on the general, who of course will have schools named after him for a long time.

[fingers crossed] OH PLEASE, OH PLEASE, OH PLEASE let this happen! (Inseveral scumbag havens)[fingers crossed]

It is absolutely heartbreaking to think humans are capable of this fucked-up shit. The world needs to realize that this is a war of the WORLD against these crazy muslim extremist fuckheads.

This is our chance to show the Russians that we are with them in this horrible act. George Bush has been right all along.........your either with us....or you are with the terrorists. GOD BLESS THOSE POOR CHILDREN

COZ
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:21:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Excellent post.

Much needed.

One thing that really pisses me off - ALL of the media - CNN, FoxNews, ABCCBSNBCMSNBC... NOBODY is treating this story as much of anything.

This only reinforces the world opinion that Americans are narcissistic and self-centered. That unless it happens to US - nobody in our media will give more than two shits about it no matter HOW inhuman the massacre is!!!

breathe...............

It just sickens me that it's gonna have to take a couple hundred AMERICAN children getting rounded up, tortured for three days and then shot in the backs for the fucking IDIOTS here to start treating this as what it is - a PanIslamic World War III.

Kill all the terrorists.

We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them.

You're either with us - or against us.

breathe........... walk away..............................

Amen brother!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:26:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
proactive is what got us to this point. there are just as many pictures of murdered men, women and children from our own bombs too.

Violence begets violence, and when we attack countries to arrest/kill individuals that attack us, it'll just get worse.

I feel for the victims in russia, but don't forget who trained these terrorists, who paid them, and who armed them.

That's right, it was Us. this isn't the first time we've done it, and at this rate, we'll be doing it again real soon.

Chris

THAT IS A BULLSHIT THING TO SAY, personal attack removed We are NOT terrorists, WE DONT KILL KIDS FOR FUCKED UP RELIGIOUS REASONS. If I get booted so be it, personal attack removed

COZ
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:35:08 AM EDT
[#20]
speaking of bullshit.
better reread our history there too.

Let me guess, you believe we were faultless in this battle?
Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

edit
COZ

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:38:45 AM EDT
[#21]
and, PS: bush is who used the word "crusade" and the phrase " god told me to go into........"
so don't even attempt to say this isn't religious war

Chris
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:40:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
and, PS: bush is who used the word "crusade" and the phrase " god told me to go into........"

Chris

I wont reply to your dumbass in this thread, start a new one and spout your horseshit in it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:41:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

edit

COZ

Naaaa, we're not terrorists, we just fund and arm them. that's a pretty thin line babes.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:43:31 AM EDT
[#24]
ain't but one who can't help but spout BS to my post. show me how I'm wrong, otherwise. be gone from my sight.
name calling and your "large typed words" don't do it . better try another venue
Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

I wont reply to your dumbass in this thread, start a new one and spout your horseshit in it.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:54:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Chris

There is a very large difference between intentionally targeting civilians for massacre and accidentally killing them while targeting military units hiding among civilians.

This difference is why the law treats involuntary manslaughter differently than 1st degree murder.

People who cannot understand the difference between the deaths of children the US has caused in Iraq and Afghanistan as opposed to the children and other civilians intentionally killed by Jihadists in New York City, Washington D.C., a field in Pennsylvania, the Darfur region of the Sudan, Nigeria, Egypt, Israel, Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya, Ossetia, Russia, Pakistan, India, Bali, Kashimir, Indonesia and wherever else Muslims share borders or habitat with non-Muslims are intellectually and morally bereft of redemption.

Every single significant conflict in the world today is in some form or fashion about Islam's inability to peacefully co-exist with other religions or compete with secularism.  The problem isn't a few bad apples, it's an entire theology where a moderate is someone who can't be counted on to pick up the beheading knife himself, but can be counted on to donate 10% to the Holy Foundation so that others can do so in his name.  

This is not a kill 'em all post.  But if this IS a religious war, it's the Jihadists not the Baptists that started it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:07:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Excellent post.

Much needed.

One thing that really pisses me off - ALL of the media - CNN, FoxNews, ABCCBSNBCMSNBC... NOBODY is treating this story as much of anything.

This only reinforces the world opinion that Americans are narcissistic and self-centered. That unless it happens to US - nobody in our media will give more than two shits about it no matter HOW inhuman the massacre is!!!

breathe...............

It just sickens me that it's gonna have to take a couple hundred AMERICAN children getting rounded up, tortured for three days and then shot in the backs for the fucking IDIOTS here to start treating this as what it is - a PanIslamic World War III.

Kill all the terrorists.

We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them.

You're either with us - or against us.

breathe........... walk away..............................

+1
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:09:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Added to add the link. forgot to post. thanks kill9.

link

A Brief History of US Interventions in the Middle East 1949-2002  

By Ty Moore

1949: CIA backs military coup in Syria, ousting elected government.
1953: CIA overthrows democratically elected Iranian government, placing the Shah in power. In 1951, Iranian parliament had nationalized the British Anglo-Iranian oil company. This popular move was spearheaded by the reformer, Mossadegh, who was elected prime minister shortly after. Britain and the US organize ruthless economic blockade. Shortly before the coup, the Communist Party calls a 100,000 strong demonstration to protest the US and the Shah. Nine hours of street fighting finally quells popular rebellion against the coup.

1954: Iranian oil re-privatized, with US and Britain in control. Popular opposition compels the Shah to rule through a reign of terror unrivalled in the region. US helps fund huge military and police build-up, and trains Savak, the notorious secret police. Amnesty International would write in 1976 that Iran had the "highest rate of death penalties in the world, no valid system of civilian courts and a history of torture which is beyond belief. No country in the world has a worse record in human rights than Iran."

1957-58: Syria and Egypt take steps toward a merger, reflecting revolutionary yearning of the Arab masses to unite against Western imperialism. The US Sixth Fleet is dispatched, and huge arms shipments are delivered to US client regimes. Syria and Egypt claim to uncover "at least eight separate conspiracies to overthrow one or the other government, to assassinate Nasser, and/or prevent the merger of the two countries." Independent evidence detailing several of these failed plots subsequently emerges.

1958: Iraq and Lebanon: Two weeks after 1958 Egypt/Syria merger, the US establishes "Baghdad Pact," uniting monarchies and puppet regimes against threat of Nasserism and growing Soviet influence. Mass rioting erupts throughout the region. Iraqi troops are ordered into Jordan to put down unrest. Under popular pressure, the army mutinies and instead marches on the royal palace. The hated King, Crown Prince, and Prime Minister are lynched.

The next day, US Marines land in Lebanon and British troops are dispatched to Jordan. A virtual civil war erupts as 14,000 US troops enter Lebanon at the invitation of the unpopular, CIA-backed government of Chamoun. Lebanese forces manage to put down the rebellion after months of urban clashes. President Eisenhower would later write: "This somber turn of events could, without a vigorous response on our part, result in the complete elimination of Western influence in the Middle East."

1963: Right wing of Iraq's Ba'ath party leads successful coup with US support, after unsuccessful US assassination attempt against Iraqi leader, Abdul Karim Qassim. The CIA provides Ba'ath party with names of Iraqi communists to murder, and the CP is ruthlessly slaughtered.

1968: A counter-coup, in which Saddam Hussein participates, leads to nationalization of Iraqi oil in 1972.

1973-75: To destabilize Iraq during a border dispute with Iran, US supports Kurdish rebels with $16 million in arms, promising to back them in their struggle for autonomy. When Iran and Iraq reach an agreement in 1975 and seal off their border, Iraq proceeds to violently suppress the Kurdish rebellion. US ends support for Kurds and denies them refuge. Henry Kissinger, architect of the ploy, explained, "covert action should not be confused with missionary work."

1973, 1978: A nationalist coup in 1973 brings down the Afghan monarchy. A 1978 coup puts the Stalinist Peoples Democratic Party in power. Afraid of growing Afghan ties to the Soviet Union, US begins covert funding for the reactionary Islamic Fundamentalist rebels. Mujahideen "Freedom Fighters" (according to President Ronald Reagan), are lead by Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, whose "followers first gained attention by throwing acid in the faces of women who refused to wear the veil." Six months later, the Soviet Union sends in troops to prop-up the Afghan government.

1979-92: US gives over $3 billion in arms and aid to the Mujahideen in Afghanistan. CIA sets up training camps in Pakistan and Afghanistan - some of the same "terrorist training camps" the US will bomb in 2001. Osama bin Laden and many other of today's Islamic Fundamentalist terrorist leaders are direct recipients of US aid and training. By 1992, more than a million Afghan people will have died, three million disabled, and five million made refugees, in total about half the population. The civil war continues to this day.

1979: Striking oil workers and students in Iran call for ousting the Shah, sparking a revolutionary uprising. US tells Shah it supports him "without reservation" and urges him to violently crush protest, but Shah is overthrown.

1980: Iraq invades Iran. Though antagonistic to both countries, the US intervenes to promote and prolong the conflict, looking to weaken both regimes. US opposes UN resolution condemning Iraq's invasion, takes Iraq off its list of nations supporting terrorism, and allows US arms transfers to Saddam Hussein. US urges Israel to arm Iran, and in 1985 the US secretly provides arms to Iran directly.

1982-83: Heavily funded, armed, and backed by the US, Israel invades Lebanon. Over 17,000 civilians are massacred. US blocks several UN resolutions calling for an Israeli withdrawal. In 1983, US troops also land in Lebanon to intervene in the civil war.

1984: Iraq uses chemical weapons on Iran; US subsequently restores diplomatic relations with Iraq. A US Defense Intelligence Agency official involved in aiding Iraq later commented that the Pentagon "wasn't so horrified by Iraq's use of gas. It was just another way of killing people."

1987: As Iran gets the upper hand in war with Iraq, the US moves to decisively back Iraq. A massive US armada in Persian Gulf ensures arms deliveries to Iraq. When a US gunship shoots down an Iranian civilian airliner, killing 290 passengers, Vice President Bush says, "I will never apologize for America. I don't care what the facts are."

1985-90: The US showers Iraq with billions in arms, loans, and aid. After Saddam Hussein uses chemical weapons to murder thousands of the Kurdish opposition in Iraq, the Bush administration continues to license the sale of chemical weapons, and blocks UN initiatives to curb their use.

1991: After Iraq invades Kuwait in 1990, US launches Operation Desert Storm - the most aggressive, high-tech military campaign in the history of warfare. Dropping more bomb tonnage than in all of Vietnam or World War Two, the 43 day air campaign kills between 100,000 and 200,000 Iraqis and destroys civilian infrastructure. Fearing a popular revolt and the destabilization of the region, the US refuses to aid previously encouraged uprisings by Kurds and Shi'as in the weeks after the war. US denies the rebels access to captured Iraqi weapons, and allows Iraqi helicopters use of "No-fly Zone" airspace to crush the uprising.

1990-now: Severe economic sanctions imposed on Iraq by the UN. By UN estimates, the sanctions have cost over a million lives, half of them children. About 5,000 children die each month, mostly from malnutrition and treatable diseases. From the most economically advanced country in the region before the US attack, Iraq today is among the most destitute.

1998: Renewed US and British bombing campaign - called Operation Desert Fox - against Iraq after it exposes US spies among UN weapons inspectors (later admitted by US officials). The UN pulls out inspectors before bombings, which continue to the present on average every other day.

2001: Following the September 11th terrorist attacks, the US launches a war on Afghanistan, killing over 3,500 people. US led UN occupation of the country props up US puppet regime of Karzai.

Middle East History
Colonial Rule Before World War II

In the mid 19th century, as the Ottoman Empire crumbled, the Western powers set determined eyes on the Middle East. Lord Curzan declared that the Persian Gulf should become a "British Lake." By the end of World War I, Britain and France assumed direct control of the territories of Egypt, Persia (Iran), Iraq, Palestine, and Syria. Western occupation, sanctioned by the UN precursor (the League of Nations), was in part also designed to crush the revolutionary ferment that swept the region following the Russian Revolution of 1917.

French and British imperialism arbitrarily carved up the vast territory inhabited by the Arab peoples to create artificial nation-states. These were created for colonial convenience and to break apart the Arab nation, making it easier to foist subservient, corrupt monarchies.

In 1921, Britain imposed a new monarch on Iraq - Faisal, "a king who will be content to reign, but not to govern," in the words of a British Foreign Office bureaucrat. The subsequent mass uproar was suppressed in brutal massacres in 1920-4. The brutality of British rule was captured in an infamous quote from Winston Churchill, who said "I do not understand this squeamishness about the use of gas. I am strongly in favor of using poisoned gas against uncivilized tribes."

By 1932, a limited "independence" was granted to Iraq, with Britain keeping its military bases and control of most industries. Winston Churchill explained that under this treaty British imperialism would remain "the owners or at any rate the controllers at the source of at least a proportion of the oil which we require." Or as the British military chief of staff explained, it gave "the appearance of complete equality... Whatever the de jure arrangements, we must retain the de facto control."

In the aftermath of World War Two, the colonial revolution surged forward on a global scale. Western European imperialist powers were economically devastated by the war and faced revolutionary upheavals at home. The Soviet Union emerged as a global power and, despite the horrors of Stalinist dictatorship, represented an important counterweight to Western imperialism.

The United States emerged as the dominant power in the capitalist world. From the Middle East to South East Asia, the US moved to displace the European powers as masters of the resources and peoples in the colonial world and the main defender of capitalist interests against radical movements for social change.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:12:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

<spew snipped>

The source of the tripe above:  www.socialistalternative.org/justice32/11.html

Now that you've been outted, begone from here you DU troll.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:17:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20040903/lthumb.mdf685552.jpg

This picture brings tears to my eyes. Look at the expression of horror on this poor girl's face.

We need to eliminate any and all people who would rob American children of their innocence.

You know, I generally don't play the role of a keyboard commando.  But if I ever saw a look like that on my daughter's face I know for a fact it would push me over the line.  And y'all can read that any way you want.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:17:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Google search it. not the only source, just lazy this Am.

show me the time/dates are wrong. Can you?

I remember, do you???????????????????????????????????

troll , weakest statement ever. were I a troll, do you think it'd be on this petty crap? NOPE

thanks for the input. now, if you could. answer .

Chris

PS: I've never stepped foot on DU. nor any other "political" site forum.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:25:12 AM EDT
[#31]
I can't express the horror that I'm feeling over this tragedy,  the anger, sorrow and shock.   I cannot understand how one can do this type of thing  to the innocent.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:27:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

troll , weakest statement ever. were I a troll, do you think it'd be on this petty crap? NOPE

Chris

start a new thread with your crap, I tried to get you to one and it got locked. YOU start one and people will answer your dumbass questions.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:28:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

start a new thread with your crap, I tried to get you to one and it got locked. YOU start one and people will answer your dumbass questions.

NO  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:30:37 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

NO  

great reply! Later, I'm going shooting.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:32:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Good,Have fun. When you come back, hound someone else. thanks
Bye

Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

NO  

great reply! Later, I'm going shooting.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:35:45 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
This guys shirt isn't a photoshop.

Coming to a school event near you in October.

wganz
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:41:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Added to add the link. forgot to post. thanks kill9.

link

Snip.  So I guess in your demented little mind this justifies taking over a school, holding children as hostages, and then killing said hostages.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:50:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Your photos are great.  Thank you for the information.  I will show them to all who I can get to look.  Like the 9-11 internet memorials, it would be helpful to have these photos somewhere permanent.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#39]
We have milti billion dollar machines. They have hand granades and machine guns.

The chechens have been desimated by the russians for how long now?
Men, women and children no mercy, no qualms.
The chechens are using the means they have. be it directly or indirectly, civilians get killed.( from what I hear here anyway) the chechens don't have wizz bang missiles and airplanes, they use what they have.

Laser guided bombs or hand granades, same results. innocents pay, while politicos play.

As I've heard on here many many times in my short term reading here on AR15 forums.
"I'd do this were that my kid"
"I'd do that to their whole family for doing that to one of mine"
Bla Bla Bla and all the rest of that chest pounding bullshit.

Then you ask a question such as.

"So I guess in your demented little mind this justifies taking over a school, holding children as hostages, and then killing said hostages"

A look in the mirror is called for here. look deep into your image, and ask that question of yourself.

you know the answer is right there for you to see.

Enough with the namecalling already. How old are you?

Chris

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:00:48 AM EDT
[#40]
This is where the Eagle and the Bear unite
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:07:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:09:59 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20040903/lthumb.mdf685552.jpg

This picture brings tears to my eyes. Look at the expression of horror on this poor girl's face.

We need to eliminate any and all people who would rob American children of their innocence.

All children, regardless of their nationality, need to be protected from evildoers.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:10:16 AM EDT
[#43]
I looked. bottom line

NO
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:15:00 AM EDT
[#44]
virginia22 - take your questions and arguments and start your own thread ON THAT TOPIC please.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:22:11 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
virginia22 - take your questions and arguments and start your own thread ON THAT TOPIC please.

Yeah - no kidding.  Trying to hijack this thread shows little class on your part, no matter the merit (or lack thereof) of your arguments - let people vent, and start a differnt thread.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:22:45 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Yeah? You're HERE, NOW aren't you?

AB
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:24:39 AM EDT
[#47]
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5912071/

Self-criticism in Arab media follows school siege
Al-Arabiya GM: Muslims are main perpetrators of terrorismThe Associated Press

CAIRO, Egypt - Muslims worldwide are the main perpetrators of terrorism, a humiliating and painful truth that must be acknowledged, a prominent Arab writer and television executive wrote Saturday, as Middle East media and officials expressed horror at the bloody rebel siege of a Russian school.

Unusually forthright self-criticism followed the end of the hostage crisis, along with warnings that such actions inflict more damage to the image of Islam than all its enemies could hope. Arab leaders and Muslim clerics denounced the school seizure as unjustifiable and expressed their sympathy.

Russian commandos stormed the school Friday in Beslan, Russia; it had been taken over by rebels demanding independence for Chechnya. Russian officials said Saturday that the death toll was at least 250, with twice as many wounded. Many of the casualties were children.

Images of terrified young survivors being carried from the scene aired repeatedly on Arab TV stations. Pictures of dead and wounded children ran on front pages of Arab newspapers Saturday.

“Holy warriors” from the Middle East long have supported fellow Muslims fighting in Chechnya, and Russian officials said nine or 10 Arabs were among militants killed.

“Our terrorist sons are an end-product of our corrupted culture,” Abdulrahman al-Rashed, general manager of Al-Arabiya television wrote in his daily column published in the pan-Arab Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper. It ran under the headline, “The Painful Truth: All the World Terrorists are Muslims!”

'Humiliating, painful' picture
Al-Rashed ran through a list of recent attacks by Islamic extremist groups — in Russia, Iraq, Sudan, Saudi Arabia and Yemen — many of which are influenced by the ideology of Osama Bin Laden, the Saudi-born leader of the al-Qaida terror network.

“Most perpetrators of suicide operations in buses, schools and residential buildings around the world for the past 10 years have been Muslims,” he wrote. Muslims will be unable to cleanse their image unless “we admit the scandalous facts,” rather than offer condemnations or justifications.

“The picture is humiliating, painful and harsh for all of us,” al-Rashed wrote.

Contributors to Islamic Web sites known for their extremist content had mixed reactions on the hostage crisis, with some praising the separatists. Others wrote that people should wait until the militants had been identified before implicating Arabs in the drama.

Ahmed Bahgat, an Egyptian Islamist, wrote in his column in Egypt’s leading pro-government newspaper, Al-Ahram, that hostage-takers in Russia as well as in Iraq are only harming Islam.

“If all the enemies of Islam united together and decided to harm it ... they wouldn’t have ruined and harmed its image as much as the sons of Islam have done by their stupidity, miscalculations, and misunderstanding of the nature of this age,” Bahgat wrote.

'A new low'
The horrifying images of the dead and wounded Russian students “showed Muslims as monsters who are fed by the blood of children and the pain of their families.”

An editorial in the Saudi English-language Arab News put some blame for the bloody end to the school siege on Russian President Vladimir Putin, saying he couldn’t afford to lose his “tough-man image.” But it added that “the Chechens, with the choice of their targets, had put themselves in a position where no one would shed tears when the punishment came. They reached a new low when they chose toddlers as bargaining chips.”

Heads of state from Egypt, Lebanon and Kuwait offered their sympathy Friday to Russian officials and to the families of people caught up in the hostage drama. A prominent Muslim cleric also denounced it.

“What is the guilt of those children? Why should they be responsible for your conflict with the government?” Egypt’s top Muslim cleric, Grand Sheik Mohammed Sayed Tantawi, was quoted as saying during a Friday sermon in Banha, 30 miles north of Cairo.

“You are taking Islam as a cover and it is a deceptive cover; those who carry out the kidnappings are criminals, not Muslims,” Tantawi, who heads Al-Azhar University, the highest authority in the Sunni Islamic world, was quoted by Egypt’s Middle East News agency as saying.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:25:26 AM EDT
[#48]
I would, being as you're the first person to address as an adult. ( had that happened in the first place I may have in fact gone and done that)

BUT, with my personal views in this situation,( Labled a troll). I can not.

thank you for being an adult and the nicely posted request, but at this time, I must decline.

We Americans are quite forgetful of our own misdeeds in that part of the world, Our support of these same deeds and terrorists ( freedom fighters they were called) as have happened in chechnia. then claim " why do they attack us?"  "Why do they hate us". I give examples of why............. and ask questions about them.
I'd like to hear the denial and the personal attacks, it shows  my point above about "forgetfulness"

being angry at the act is fantastic, we should be angry, but uncontrolled anger is not the answer to this
it blocks the why and narrows the vision.
Chris

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:26:40 AM EDT
[#49]
this is a general discussion forum, not a political site or forum that I am aware of we're in, is it?

Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah? You're HERE, NOW aren't you?

AB

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:32:25 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I would, being as you're the first person to address as an adult. ( had that happened in the first place I may have in fact gone and done that)

BUT, with my personal views in this situation,( Labled a troll). I can not.

thank you for being an adult and the nicely posted request, but at this time, I must decline.

We Americans are quite forgetful of our own misdeeds in that part of the world, Our support of these same deeds and terrorists ( freedom fighters they were called) as have happened in chechnia. then claim " why do they attack us?"  "Why do they hate us". I give examples of why............. and ask questions about them.
I'd like to hear the denial and the personal attacks, it shows  my point above about "forgetfulness"

being angry at the act is fantastic, we should be angry, but uncontrolled anger is not the answer to this
it blocks the why and narrows the vision.
Chris

Quoted:

Agreed. America has done things in the past that, in hindsight, might not always be the same decision that we would make again today. All that I am asking is that you take you points ("why do they attack us?"/ "Why do they hate us" )and pose them in your own thread if you are really concerned about the matter. To do so here under this topic I think degrades your points completely and is only done to aggitate and anger. If you truly want to raise such points to discuss their merits, do so elsewhere. Again, doing it here would cause others to question your motives and make you appear not interested in the points themselves but only interested in stirring the pot. I personally believe the latter. My $.02
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top