Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The Cat is on the roof.  I repeat, the Cat is on the roof.

Snow falls in October.  I repeat, snow falls in October.

The race is not to the swift, but to the spit upon balls.

Click.  Click.  Click.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]
My birthday is in October, is that a bad thing? I hope not... I've always celebrated it...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why someone would leave Las Vegas for New Braunfels is a bit beyond me.

I'm a bit north and east of ya and live in one of the least populated areas of the US. Lay in food, water, generator, gas, first aid kit, guns and ammo. If shtf you are prepared as well as you can be.

If your family is elsewhere, bring them to you. Not the other way round.

Well, I am retired military and can be of more use near the bases in San Antonio. My folks will be 85 this year so I am returning to where they live. I really don't think a major attack will happen, but one never knows. What town are you by? Wagon Mound? John
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
... Live not in fear, ever

+1

I'm as ready as I'll ever be...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#5]
i do turn 21 in october. that could be bad
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck it. I'm ready. Bring it on.

Amen...waiting is the worst part. We all know what is coming so let's get it started.

Pre-emptive strike
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing will happen pre-election.

The PTBs on the other side NEED a Kerry win to rebuild & regroup. Their entire strategy bends on the west going French whenever they're hit, and Bush has been quite clear that he will not do this...

The PTBs cannot protect their seats of power thru terrorisim if we respond to terror with force. When we refused to fight, it worked, and they want that back.

Attacking here WILL cement a Bush 2nd term, as people will want blood and the polls indicate they DO NOT trust Kerry to deliver.

Further, look at the way truly international terrorisim operates.

We will NOT see any of the following here:

Individual suicide attacks

Attacks employing firearms or similar military small arms as the primary method of destruction(although a MANPADS attack is possible, that's as 'small' a primary weapon as they will ever use here).

Hostage taking or  'commando' raids on schools & public buildings.

The logistical effort is too great for the effect achieved. This is why INTERNATIONAL terrorisim (as opposed to the national terrorisim seen in Iraq, Israel, Ruxssia, Colombia, Bolivia, Peru, and similar) gravitates towards sabotage attacks on big targets.

It took 20 men to bring down the WTC, and that was pushing things... 20 to kill 3,000, and 5 of them never hit their target - this is the scale we're looking at. Not 20 to kill 400 (the aprox results of a typical single-actor suicide bombing campaign are 20 or less KIA per attack), not 50 taking 150 hostage... The further you get from a terror group's base of operations, the less likely you are to see 'petty ante' terrorisim.  Minor ops like the school raid are practical for the Chechens, FARC, Shining Path, PLO or the Iraqi insurgency, as they live & fight in the same place.

They are not practical for AQ, which is why ever AQ attack against the USA has been with bombs, has been against a large & significant target, and has been carried out by 4-5 man teams. AQ won't waste their time or money training & sending teams to shoot up a mal, blow up a McDonalds, or take over State U... It's just not worth the effort when they can try to blow up the Pentagon, or hit a carrier, or shut down the US airline industry again....

Further, Al Queda 'proper' does not take hostages. Ever. They attack, kill as many as possible & either die in the process or fade into the ensuing chaos & escape. Some of the local/regional groups who's causes AQ supports do engage in hostage taking, but AQ itself does not. So you may see AQ operatives involved in a hostage taking op under another group's command, but it will be local/national terrorisim, not an international AQ op.

Things we do need to worry about -> large bombs (ala WTC I and OKC, although OKC was homegrown, the methodology is used worldwide (IRA, AQ, Iraq), attacks with WMD, and large vehicular suicide attacks aginst military, political, or economic targets.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I actually quit my job yesterday and plan on sitting at home beating off...

Can one be paid for this.I mean can you support yourself?

let me know

you can if there is a liberal in the white house

Clinton got paid to whack off in the lavatory sink in the Oval Office.  I read it in the Starr Report.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#9]
It's my Mothers Birthday in October… if I forget to send her a card and flowers something very bad will happen.

ANdy
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, as you can imagine, I hope it doesn't, either because the ROP maniacs get a dose of common sense or because our SPECOPS guys slit their throats before they get the chance.

That said, I'll not live in undue fear. I have faith in my God and in my country. If they choose to strike, we will strike back and survive.

If we survived Hitler and Tojo, we can survive some piss-ant scumbag in a cave somewhere...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I actually quit my job yesterday and plan on sitting at home beating off...

Can one be paid for this.I mean can you support yourself?

let me know

actually yes.  you beat off so much that you get carpel tunnel syndrome. then you file for disability.  if you have a good doctor and a good lawyer then you are gonna get paid to sit at home and punch the clown.

edited: for spelling.

codycoyote-You Sir are a Genius.You should be working for NASA or something

I would but I can't get a job, it would screw up my disability checks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think an attack will happen right before the election to disrupt the process or swing the vote one way or another.  Just like Spain - it worked there, right?

That shit won't work here - we're Americans!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top