Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:47:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...On the other hand there is no reason to use this as an excuse to get revenge against someone who was not involved.

Do you have kids around their age? I do...look up a few posts. People here have seen pics of my son, who I love more than life itself. I would have no problems avenging his death, or die trying.
My son is a part of me. I will kill or die for him. No questions asked, no exceptions made. Period.

I think we have a slight missunderstanding. My point was that we should not use this as an excuse to attack those who were NOT involved in it. This was an horrible act by a small group of Chechens and some hired guns, not something endored by Iran, or Iraq, or Saudi Arabia, or any other Islamic country. A lot of the posts of the first page seem to support the idea of using nuclear weapons. Most of those responsible for this attack are already dead, or soon will be from what I've read in news sources. Anything done with a nuke would be hurting even more innocents.

Side note: I'm 21, so I don't have kids yet. Though if someone threatened my friends I would do anything I could to help them, but I would not resort to shooting uninvolved people at over theological differences or nuking an uninvolved country.

just a thought but -- It would serve as a deterrant. A terrorist may give his life for the chance to kill a christian. But if he knows that he would be giving the lives of all of his family and friends(involved or not) he may see that the price of his actions is too high.-- just a thought

ktm500

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Dude check the slide show, wayy too many pics to post
story.news.yahoo.com/news?g=events/ts/090104russiaschool&tmpl=sl&e=1
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
...Most of those responsible for this attack are already dead, or soon will be from what I've read in news sources. Anything done with a nuke would be hurting even more innocents.

Radical Islamists are resposible for this.  Last time I checked there were thousands still alive.

God have mercy on the person who harms my child(ren), because I surely won't.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just another reason not to feel bad about killing these fucktards!

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Russia's problem is our problem.  Our enemies have much in common and many ties.  These pictures need to be shoved in the face of every antiwar/pro-Palestinian/pro-Saddam nutcase in America and Europe.  This is what we're dealing with.  These people -- the ones who hide behind a false religion and use it to rationalize their depravity -- must be eliminated.

Meanwhile, I promise you, all of mainstream Islam will remain still in the face of these atrocities . . . continuing to quietly promote future offenses.  That alone speaks volumes about this blight on humanity.  They will never clean house and they will never reform because this is who they are at their very core.

And yes, this will come to the Homeland.  We will see this happen in America.  And law enforcement will be powerless to prevent it.  They will only be able to address these events after they start.  Only an armed civilian majority is capable of quickly cutting short this sort of thing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Jesus H Christ...this looks like my son.....same age and hair. I can't even see mjy keyboard rihjt now...I have tears rolling down my face...

My prayers to the families, my curse to the terrorists.

My son.

I wonder how long he will survive in this world. If he believes in Jesus Christ as his Lord and savior as I do, I fear he will suffer and die because of it.

Though, we may walk through the valley of death, we will fear no evil. The Lord is with us all the days of our lives and through eternity in the next.

I pray for those innocent children as I pray for the innocent children killed through abortion in this country.

-LS
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Bodies of schoolchildren killed in a school seizure seen in Beslan, North Ossetia, Friday, Sept. 3, 2004. Russia's hostage crisis erupted into explosions, gunfire and screams of fleeing children Friday as commandos stormed the school where militants strapped with bombs had held as many as 1,200 people hostage. More than 150 people were dead, and officials said the toll would rise significantly. (AP Photo/Sergey Ponomarev)

ATTENTION EDITORS; VISUALS COVERAGE OF SCENES OF DEATH AND INJURY. A woman grieves over the body of her child killed when Russian troops stormed a school seized by gunmen in the town of Beslan, in the province of North Ossetia near Chechnya (news - web sites), September 3, 2004. Russian soldiers battled Chechen separatists on Friday to end a two-day-old school siege and more than 150 people have probably died, Interfax quoted a presidential adviser as saying. Some children are still captive, but more than 400 hostages have been freed, it said. REUTERS/Sergei Karpukhin

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you are a parent and are not tearing up over that pic, I don't know what to say.

Don't even have to have children. Anyone who would harm a child ... Deserves whatever bad comes their way. Whatever it may be. There is a special place in hell for people who would hurt children deliberately.

/hopes to have a child someday soon
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Pardon my language, but WHY THE FUCK IS IT 150 PEOPLE DEAD?!  Why don't we call them what they were, children?  Are they trying not to offend muslims?

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Pardon my language, but WHY THE FUCK IS IT 150 PEOPLE DEAD?!  Why don't we call them what they were, children?  Are they trying not to offend muslims?

Well, because there are evidently dead adults as well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I am getting mighty tired of this fucking nonsense and PC bullshit all over the world...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:26:17 AM EDT
[#15]

An injured schoolgirl who escaped from a seized school holds a cross in her hand in a hospital in Beslan, North Ossetia, Friday, Sept. 3, 2004. Commandos stormed a school Friday in southern Russia where hundreds of hostages had been held for three days, sending hostage-takers and their captives fleeing in a scene of chaos amid explosions and gunfire. More than 100 children were wounded in the assault, some running from the building naked and covered in blood. (AP Photo/Musa Sadulayev)

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Fair enough
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#17]
The Russians are reporting they have killed 10 ARAB MERCENARIES in the group… some Russian commentators are saying this may have been an Al Quada organised operation…

ANdy
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Volunteers carry an injured girl on a stretcher during the rescue operation of Beslan's school. A large explosion resounded from one of the buildings of the school in southern Russia where militants took hundreds of children and adults hostage, ITAR-TASS reported, citing its correspondent.(AFP/Maxim Marmur)

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Dude check the slide show, wayy too many pics to post
story.news.yahoo.com/news?g=events/ts/090104russiaschool&tmpl=sl&e=1

I made it to the 25th picture before I couldn't go any farther.  I was crying and gritting my teeth so hard that my jaw still hurts.  I had to hug my children after that.  I cannot imagine how devastated they must be.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I am getting mighty tired of this fucking nonsense and PC bullshit all over the world...

Yeah. There's something I remember from my Vietnam History class. Always people talking about how the VC won because they had "more will to win". Remember the end comments by Kurtz in Apolalypse Now about "will"?

Do I like grouping whole groups together? Not really, no. But hey, we had to carpet bomb German cities too in order to win. Sometimes you have to do a lot of nasty things that we regret are necissary.

In light of these folks directly targeting children, I will turn a blind eye to any response the Russians have.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I agree you can't paint the entire religion for the actions of some but where does it stop?  If we had said the same thing about Germans in Nazi Germany or citizens in Japan prior to WWII we would never have taken action.  I have no doubt that the vast majority of citizens of both those countries were good honest people you would be proud to call friends.  

The same can be said of Islam.  No doubt the vast majority have no part in the actions of terrorists.  The problem is who is going to sort good from bad?  The majority may not approve of the actions of the few but they aren't condemning it or stopping it within their own communities either.  They therefor are responsible.

We as well as almost all other powers across the world have bought sensitive wars since the end of WWII.  UN/US vs. North Korea, France vs. Vietnam, France vs. Algeria, US vs Vietnam, Soviet Union vs. Afghanistan, US vs Iraq (first Gulf War), Russia vs. Chechnya, US vs Iraq (second Gulf War).  Not one of these conflicts has yet to be successful for the vastly superior country involved.  Not one of these conflicts have involved total war on the scale of wars fought prior to the Korean Conflict.

I again wish to state I don't believe in the "Nuke em all" school of thought but it is time we take the gloves off in our efforts to stamp out radical Islam.  It is only when your enemy is convinced he is defeated he will cease to fight you.  An enemy will not be convinced he is defeated when he and his compatriots have not sufficiently suffered consequences for their actions.

It is time terrorists, those who harbor them and even those who refuse to condemn them suffer consequences for their actions or inactions.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I vote we try to catch them alive, then we slowly behead them on national TV.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah. There's something I remember from my Vietnam History class. Always people talking about how the VC won because they had "more will to win". Remember the end comments by Kurtz in Apolalypse Now about "will"?

Do I like grouping whole groups together? Not really, no. But hey, we had to carpet bomb German cities too in order to win. Sometimes you have to do a lot of nasty things that we regret are necissary.

In light of these folks directly targeting children, I will turn a blind eye to any response the Russians have.

Absolutely rigth!
In order to do good things, sometimes you gotta do bad things...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#25]
We should not be surprised at the IslamoFacist behaviour towards western children… consider how they treat their own……they just regard them as future suicide bombers

Andy
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

...On the other hand there is no reason to use this as an excuse to get revenge against someone who was not involved.

Do you have kids around their age? I do...look up a few posts. People here have seen pics of my son, who I love more than life itself. I would have no problems avenging his death, or die trying.
My son is a part of me. I will kill or die for him. No questions asked, no exceptions made. Period.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.  And the funny thing is, If I couldn't get the guilty parties, then those who support the guilty would have to suffice.  

I didn't know true hatred until 9/11.   Every attack since then only serves to reinforce that feeling.
At this point, it is either us, or them.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

This was an horrible act by a small group of Chechens and some hired guns, not something endored by Iran, or Iraq, or Saudi Arabia, or any other Islamic country.

are you sure about that?

trust me, in bagdad..in tehran..in mecca, itself, there will be muslims thanking allah for their glorious victory and the martyrdom of their terrorist force.

where is the great muslim outcry against this inhumanity?

why are not the 'good' muslims protesting in the streets?

no need to answer those questions. i already know the answers. they were merely rhetorical.

EXACTLY!  I've been saying that for almost 3 years now -- this is MAINSTREAM Islam we are witnessing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#29]
A woman grieves over the body of her child killed when Russian troops stormed a school seized by gunmen in the town of Beslan, in the province of North Ossetia near Chechnya:

THE FUCKING BASTARDS!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Anyone got russian articles on this? How is the russian media spinning it? How are the people reacting?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Anyone got russian articles on this? How is the russian media spinning it? How are the people reacting?

The populace caught one terrorist and literally pulled him apart and killed him.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#33]
New images

Bodies of schoolchildren and hostages killed in a school seizure seen in a hospital morgue in Beslan, North Ossetia, Friday, Sept. 3, 2004. Commandos stormed a school Friday in southern Russia and battled separatist rebels holding 1,200 hostages. An official said the death toll could be significantly higher than 150. (AP Photo/Musa Sadulayev)

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The populace caught one terrorist and literally pulled him apart and killed him.

Vito says thay showed video of that in England.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good....I actually am glad to hear this.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now pics of that would be worthwhile seeing!

I grieve for the families that lost loved ones over there.  May all the terrorist scumbags rot in hell!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vito says thay showed video of that in England.

I'd like to see that video. It might provide some solace and relief.

If you have young children (mine are 4 and 2), you know where I am coming from.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#38]

I have three girls..14,8 and 3.

I have no words for this atrocity.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Some people are alive simply because people like us haven't met them yet.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Reportedly the local populace are hunting the escaped Chechan rebels themselves with their sporting rifles

cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/09/03/20040903074909990002

[Feinstein]  I spy with my little eye a consipicuously protruding pistol grip.   How un-sporting! [/Feinstein]

Best of luck to our Russian brother in arms there.

- BG

EDIT:  I don't have children, and I can't begin to understand what parents are going through.

But I agree with Spade... I'll turn a blind eye to whatever Russia chooses to do.

God bless the families of the victims.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#41]
FNC just reported, citing ITAR/TASS that the last terrorists in the basement of the school have either surrendered or been overpowered and captured.

I wonder about that, no the usual terrorist MO
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Guys/Gals,
I have lost it at work.  I was sitting here trying to kill some time before I head home and now I have tears streaming down my face.  Those pictures are searing into my memory.  Especially that poor lady stroking the head of her dead child - looking to be the same age as one of my three daughters.  It's making me feel ill.

What has this world come to?  Those beautiful, innocent, young people - killed by satans angels.  That's what these Islamic extremists are.  Followers of the Devil.  Is this the beginning of the end?  Is Christ going to make his grand re-entrance shortly?  If so, I say bring it on Jesus, am I fully prepared to battle these demons with you.

I am rambling now - sad, sick, angry - I need to go home and hold my girls.
10-42
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#45]
I keep hearing over and over that Islam is not the enemy here. For many years I agreed with that statement. But the more time goes by, the more I am starting to see that maybe Islam IS the enemy of us and every non-Islamic nation in the world.

If you don't believe me, look at the following example:

In the US, we too have our terrorist groups. The KKK comes to mind. The KKK claims to do what they do on behalf of Christianity. Yet what has the public in this nation done? The American public and Christians have condemned this group and hold nothing but contempt for them and their ways. When they rally or commit an act of terrorism, the public doesn't cheer them. Instead, they rise in a great mass to denounce them.

Now take these terrorists from Islamic regions. Use Al-Qaida or Hezbollah for example. They commit their acts of death and destruction in the name of their religion also. Yet how does their public react? They cheer in the streets! They don't come out in force mad as hell to denounce these attacks. Those who don't show public support remain silent. What message does that send? It tells me that if they don't publicly support it, they at least do so privately.

That's the difference between them and us. That's the difference between Christianity and Islam.

I've tried to type this post in the rage I'm feeling while being as respectable as possible to those of the Islamic faith. I also hope to avoid causing any trouble here and to avoid conflict with the CoC. But I have to say my above comments are just what I feel. To me, it's as clear as day. And I will voice my opinion because deep in my heart I feel that I am right in saying what I've said. Until Islam denounces such acts I will always feel the religion as a whole is largely to blame and at fault. If the terror conducted by the radical Islamists comes from a small minority as they claim, then where is the voice of the majority? That is why I feel the way I do.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Reportedly the local populace are hunting the escaped Chechan rebels themselves with their sporting rifles

cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/09/03/20040903074909990002

If this is true, that place is more "free" than where I live.  Here, doing that would get you gunned down by the po-po without a second thought, and it would fly just fine "while we regret the fact that a person who was not involved lost his life, we can't have a civilian running around with a rifle, he was a danger to everyone in the area".
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.
-Romans 12:19, NIV

It is mine to avenge; I will repay.
In due time their foot will slip;
their day of disaster is near
and their doom rushes upon them.
-Deuteronomy 32:25, NIV

I don't think killing off all Muslims would solve the problem. MSNBC reported that 9 were Arab mercenaries, but this was organized by Chechen rebels. Apparently during negotiations the bandits/terrorists demanded independance for Chechnya, so these are definately not Muslims who were out to pursue a religious war against Christianity.

I can understand why the Russian civilians grabbed their rifles and headed for the school. Many of them were probably trying to save their kids. On the other hand there is no reason to use this as an excuse to get revenge against someone who was not involved.

Maybe I am way off here, but aren't the Chechans predominantly muslim?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#48]
The whole thing makes me sick.  How many atrocities are we going to tolerate?

In a street fight against someone who is bent on killing you, you don't "hold back" because picking up a ball bat and knocking the agressors head clean off with it "isn't fair".  It may not be fair but you do it anyway because you MUST win the fight!  WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT THIS?

I hope to God that the civilized people of the world WAKE UP!

P.S.  THIS IS WHY REELECTING G .W. BUSH IS SO IMPORTANT!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Fear not, according to unnamed sources Senator Fineswine is expected to hold a news conference later today, where she will announce her office is immediately taking steps to insure this type of tragedy will never occur in our schools. Said one source, "We've already located an Arabic translator, now it's just a matter of getting the new signs printed up and installed at school entrances."

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Off CP

The operation of Russian special forces for the rescue of all hostages in a Beslan school has been completed, according to a statement by General Viktor Sobolev, chief commander of 58th army.

Russian NTV quoted him saying that a total of 556 people, including 322 children, were hospitalized in the local hospital.

Seventy-nine bodies of the hundred-and-more casualties were identified, most of them were shot in the rear while trying to escape from the besieged school.

Apparently three tangos were captured and are being "worked with", which hopefully means torture of some kind or another.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top