User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless you're going high-def (like DVD) soon try and buy something to hold you over. For the last 60 years we've been using RGB-Y video - red, green, blue, and luminance video. There's been a recent break though and they're developing RGB/CYM televison which does the RGB but also cyan (sky blue), yellow, and magenta (purple) which in theory will open the color triangle about 50% meaning colors will be so much more like real color - think of the leap from black and white to color in difference.

Paul
SBE CPBE
(Society of Broadcast Engineers Certified Profession Broadcast Engineer)

The New mitsubishi DLP's are the first that I've seen that have this capability.  It gives you independent control over the settings for each input instead of one setting for the entire tv.

In your opinion, are these new Mitsubishi models worth looking into?

Highly recommend looking into them.  I work in home theater sales so I get to play with all the new toys when they first come out.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:46:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess that's why ALL TV studios use Sony.  I guess that's why all the shows you watc on your TV were edited on a Sony monitor.  Yeah Sony sucks.  That's very funny.
Sony is the De-facto standard in broadcst television.  If your studio or post house has anything else your clients will force you to rent or buy a Sony.

That is well and good for commercial grade equipment, but most people here are buying consumer grade equipment, not studio monitors, and I am sure the studio stuff is a bit more pricey than what you would find at your local Best Buy.

Luckily for us, their consumer grade equipment is very high quality as well.  I've owned two different Sony TVs as well as other Sony electronics (including digital cameras) and they all performed wonderfully.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:09:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you guys for all your help, I knew I could get great advise from you guys.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top