Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
There are lots of people here who would've been perfectly happy to have been in the Silver Shirts.*

*AKA the Christian American Patriots.  Founded on January 31, 1933, the day after Hitler took power.  (Not a coincidence.)  Their uniform consisted of silver shirts, blue corduroy pants and gold socks.

Name them, and be prepared to prove it, or admit that you are full to overflowing with fermented pigshit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm as libertarian as anyone I know. I just happen to be a Republican.

Hence I call myself a 'libertarian Republican.'

There are some planks in the Libertarian Party's Platform that are repugnant to me, so I there are many reasons that I don't even consider the Libertarian Party.

The main reason is that they are a shrinking, unwinning political party.

In politics there is NO subsitute for victory.

Even more so in these troublous times.

Eric The(FourMoreYears,FourMoreYears)Hun

+1

The LP party has lost it's mind on too many issues.  Now is not the time to open the borders and have unlimited imigration.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Of course, there's a shoutdown on AR15.com as soon as you start talking about anything moderate, middle of the road, balanced, or intellectually skeptical (Socratic) on this site.

You must sing the chorus as it is written.

That'd be why you aren't allowed to post here anymore, right?

Being called on factual inaccuracies, fallacious argument, and pompous manipulative condescension is probably embarrassing, but it isn't a "shoutdown."
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a Libertarian from WAAAY back (My Dad and Mom were students of Hospers in the early '70's) BUT, I've spent 14 yrs in the US Army on-and-off since '81 (I got "Strung-out" on Armor) and post 9-11, I find myself in agreement with the Rep's about five times as much as anything the Dem's offer.

The one ideal I hold most dear from my Libertarian up-bringing is the right of individuals to associate with those they wish to if both parties are agreeable.  The Republicans don't always agree with THAT idea 100% but, the Dem's/Lib's agree with it at about 1/10th their (The rep's) acceptance level (They're too busy creating "Victims" out of personal choice decisions) so it's really a pretty easy call for me.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Of course, there's a shoutdown on AR15.com as soon as you start talking about anything moderate, middle of the road, balanced, or intellectually skeptical (Socratic) on this site.

You must sing the chorus as it is written.

That'd be why you aren't allowed to post here anymore, right?

Being called on factual inaccuracies, fallacious argument, and pompous manipulative condescension is probably embarrassing, but it isn't a "shoutdown."

DAYUM... I LIKE THAT!!! POMPOUS MANIPULATIVE CONDESCENSION!!!!

DUDE!! YOU ROCK!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think I'd feel welcome if people  DIDN'T beat up on me.LOL
That's half the fun around here, kickin' each other about stuff all the time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd consider myself to have a libertarian view on most issues, but I sure as hell am not stupid enough to throw away my vote in a Presidential Election.

+1

The war on terrorism takes priority over everything.

+2
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#9]
What was the quote by Regan

Something about agreeing on 80% of the issues.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Every time I post something about being a libertarian or read someone else's libertarian post, I get the feeling that libertarians arent welcome.  Its always "Bush is god, and anyone that doesn't think so is a pinko commie who gladly fellates Kerry while giving him their vote."  And I have only been here a week.

So speak up.

*Why the hell cant I post a poll?*

Fuck 'em and feed 'em fish !
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've been bashed for being Christian, for being republican, for shooting a stray animal, for.....you get the idea.

Get over it.

I've been bashed for being from Texas,  liking Willie, being skinny,  occasionally drinking beer with a fruit flavor(if you listen to the wrong people, that makes me flaming gay), etc.
Bashing a way of life with guys.  It give you a thick skin.

Apologies - I thought that, the long haired guy Avatar didnt help

Luck
Alac

I would like to think I look like a Skinny Chesty Puller, but I have actually been described by Zhukov as an Anorexic Sinead O'Connor with a slightly retarded look.

Well I'll never smoke weed with Willie again - glad the sarcasm got thru - Ive drank a Cola Wiessen here or there - I guess I dont look gay - or like the kinda guy you'd say it to

I vote freedom and 9/11 - if the GOP betrays the Constitution, then I'll stand against them. As it is now, they are our best hope. May you live in interesting times.

Luck
Alac
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Bunch of pub nazi's here for sure.

way to keep a low profile
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't feel unwelcome.  I try to get along by not picking on the Christians too much.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You're a lawyer, aren't you?

That would explain why your only morality is victory.

To a lawyer, the facts don't matter, logic doesn't matter, even common decency doesn't matter.  Winning is the only thing that matters.  Well, that and racking up as many billable hours as possible.

It's no mystery to me why you identify yourself with a destructive force like the Huns.  It makes perfect sense as far as I can tell.

WWJD?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

The alternative is failure.  Do you think that's a good thing?

But what would you be succeeding at?  

Is it ok to be a winner on the not-so-bad team when the good team lost?  Is it merely enough to have beaten the very bad guys, yet the best team lost?  It all depends on how you define a victory.  And the word "is". h.gifGranted, the "good-guys" will be differently defined by you and I, and YMMV.  That said, its not like we are voting against Cuthulu here.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Ahh... the "throw away my vote" excuse. Timeless and as long as it remains a good excuse, things will never change.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#21]
It depends on how severe.  I have had surgery, been hit by a car, broken arms, scraped my knee until I could see my kneecap, etc etc etc.

If its a paralizing injury, I will take death, thanks.  But not for another 80 years.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Hit the road. Jack
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've been bashed for being Christian, for being republican, for shooting a stray animal, for.....you get the idea.

Get over it.

I've been bashed for being from Texas,  liking Willie, being skinny,  occasionally drinking beer with a fruit flavor(if you listen to the wrong people, that makes me flaming gay), etc.
Bashing a way of life with guys.  It give you a thick skin.

Yeah, get rid of that picture of that Clinton loving liberal.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I usually don't feel unwelcome here.  If I get crap from people I have purposely brought it upon myself. Also, both Bush and Kerry are twits and shouldn’t be president. The both are supporters of un-American ideals in which they wish to force on the nation.  I vote for freedom and personal responsibility.  I'm going to "waste" my vote and pick the guy that best represents my interests.  Oh and by the way, I’m one of those “capital L” Libertarians, The less government the better.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#26]
A word of advice for MoparMike and mist.

The first thing I look at when I suspect that a poster is an agitator troll is the length of time that person has been registered.  

If  it is Sept . 2, 2004 and I see that the suspect troll has only been registered since Sept. 2004, it's a pretty good damn bet that the poster has scaly, hairy skin and bad breath.

I would venture to guess that most regulars on this site can rub two brain cells together and figure this out as well.

In order to be a successful troll you have to try a little harder. It's too late for this kind of hokey shit to work for the 2004 election. Start planning for 2008.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Well said Iowa Sam.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Open Borders.I have never agreed with this part of their platform.
No Customs.That is not a part of their platform.
No passportsThat is not a part of their platform..
Bringing home all the troops from overseas. And getting the fuck out of the UN.
Abolishing the UCMJ.That is not a part of their platform.

The list could go on.

Bottom line:
Given the REAL threat that exists today, the Libertarian Platform would ensure our death.That is your opinion, and you are welcome to it.

A) An Enemy who wishes death to America

B) An Idiot.

Again, you are welcome to your opinion, no matter how ill-informed it may be.

Oh yeah, if you're just a "small L" libertarian.
Then you're Okay.  

Which I am.

I suggest you go read the party platform, for you are mistaken on several of those "That is not a part of their platform".  It clearly states the they want to do away with the UCMJ, along with other points that you deny is on their platform.

Passport:

Solutions: We look forward to an era in which American citizens and foreigners can travel anywhere in the world without a passport. We aim to restore a world in which there are no passports, visas or other papers required to cross borders.

Your boy Bubba Clinton probably gave them this idea:

Transitional Action: We call for the immediate and unconditional exoneration of all who have been accused or convicted of draft evasion, desertion from the military in cases of conscription or fraud, and other acts of resistance to such transgressions as imperialistic wars and aggressive acts of the military. Members of the military should have the same right to quit their jobs as other persons.

UCMJ:

We recommend the repeal of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and the recognition and equal protection of the rights of armed forces members. This will thereby promote morale, dignity, and a sense of justice within the military.

All this is right here:

Libertarian Platform

So next time you start spouting what is and what is not their platform, at least have a fucking clue about what you speak.  Before you say someone else is ill-informed, get informed yourself.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're a lawyer, aren't you?

That would explain why your only morality is victory.

To a lawyer, the facts don't matter, logic doesn't matter, even common decency doesn't matter.  Winning is the only thing that matters.  Well, that and racking up as many billable hours as possible.

It's no mystery to me why you identify yourself with a destructive force like the Huns.  It makes perfect sense as far as I can tell.

WWJD?

Jesus would tell you to stop whining.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, moparmike, do you not respond when proven wrong?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Every time I post something about being a libertarian or read someone else's libertarian post, I get the feeling that libertarians arent welcome.  Its always "Bush is god, and anyone that doesn't think so is a pinko commie who gladly fellates Kerry while giving him their vote."  And I have only been here a week.

So speak up.

*Why the hell cant I post a poll?*

Welcome MoparMike, check out the Arkansas hometown forum. Introduce yourself.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Umm, I dont live on ARFCOM.  I do have other things to do, you know.

Ok, so you proved me wrong about the UCMJ.  And that passport thing isnt a "We are going to ban it", its a statement of desire to return to a way of life that doesnt require you to be paranoid about who is coming in and out of the country.  Its a little naive, and for the record I have never agreed with the open borders policy.  But the quote you gave sounds more like "I hope to once again see a time where locking the doors isnt necessary, like it was years ago" etc etc.  You will have to come up with a more sinister sounding quote or platform excerpt for me to concede that point.

But good job in educating me on one point.  I stand corrected, and you stand corrected about my belief that I agree with the abolishment of the UCMJ.  I dont.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I am more a Libertarian than a Republican but I am also a realist. (I will vote for GWB unless we get a new AWB before November)

I don't think Libertarians get bashed that often. The is a little bit of small "l" libertarian in all Republicans.

Amen! Which is why I am a 100% royalist... I am all for monarchies...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The list could go on.

Bottom line:
Given the REAL threat that exists today, the Libertarian Platform would ensure our death.That is your opinion, and you are welcome to it.

B) An Idiot.

Then you're Okay.  

Which I am.

I suggest you go read the party platform, for you are mistaken on several of those "That is not a part of their platform".  It clearly states the they want to do away with the UCMJ, along with other points that you deny is on their platform.

Passport:

Solutions: We look forward to an era in which American citizens and foreigners can travel anywhere in the world without a passport. We aim to restore a world in which there are no passports, visas or other papers required to cross borders.

And YOU have the nerve to accuse ME of being Clinton-like??
What does that Passport paragraph even mean?
Your only defense is to say that it's meaningless.
But if they try for it, it sure sounds like NWO.

Your boy Bubba Clinton.....

Yeah, all of us non-Libertarians are naturally Clinton fans.
This contributes to your status as "idiot", but we'll get to that later...

UCMJ:

We recommend the repeal of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and the recognition and equal protection of the rights of armed forces members. This will thereby promote morale, dignity, and a sense of justice within the military.

All this is right here:

Libertarian Platform

So next time you start spouting what is and what is not their platform, at least have a fucking clue about what you speak.  Before you say someone else is ill-informed, get informed yourself.  

This is sooooo tedious, to have to teach a man about his own Party, but, ok.....

Open Borders."I have never agreed with this part of their platform."
No Customs."That is not a part of their platform."

-What exactly do you think "open borders" means, you genius?  (hint: no Customs, y'know... the guys at the borders) But don't believe me, READ YOUR PLATFORM:www.lp.org/issues/platform/platform_all.html#immigrat

"We call for the elimination of all restrictions on immigration, the abolition of the Immigration and Naturalization Service and the Border Patrol"
PSSSST... that includes Customs, genius.

Bringing home all the troops from overseas. "And getting the fuck out of the UN."

-Yes, but the UN has nothing to do with our defense  IN DEPTH,  the defense that allows us to not have to fight our enemies HERE.  Bringing all our troops home (yes, YOUR platform says ALL) would put us in danger.

Abolishing the UCMJ."That is not a part of their platform."

This is easy, I'll use your link:www.lp.org/issues/platform/platform_all.html#consmili

"We recommend the repeal of the Uniform Code of Military Justice..."

The good news:  You're not a traitor.

The bad news: yes, YOU are indeed an idiot.

You apparently haven't read YOUR OWN PLATFORM.

Even in your own post, you contradict yourself.  Look again, right here (it's really quite funny):

Abolishing the UCMJ."That is not a part of their platform".

REALLY?, but then you post from the PLATFORM ITSELF:

AMAZING.

Bottom line:
Given the REAL threat that exists today, the Libertarian Platform would ensure our death

."That is your opinion, and you are welcome to it."

You haven't read it, huh?  Open Borders, without ANY CHECKING who enters, and what they bring, be it a bread basket or a shipping container.  That alone would spell our doom.  And YES IT IS IN YOUR PLATFORM.
If you think it is just an "opinion", that these things would put us in daNger, AGAIN...  YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

Thank you for illustrating what complete idiots Libertarians are.

Oh, by the way......

www.fototime.com/E4F1ED39283FF55/standard.jpg

Gee, cincy, go back and re-read the post you quoted.  That was me rebutting mopar mike.  You were attributing some things that I was saying to him as things he was saying.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, so you proved me wrong about the UCMJ.  And that passport thing isnt a "We are going to ban it", its a statement of desire to return to a way of life that doesnt require you to be paranoid about who is coming in and out of the country.  Its a little naive, and for the record I have never agreed with the open borders policy.  But the quote you gave sounds more like "I hope to once again see a time where locking the doors isnt necessary, like it was years ago" etc etc.  You will have to come up with a more sinister sounding quote or platform excerpt for me to concede that point.

But good job in educating me on one point.  I stand corrected, and you stand corrected about my belief that I agree with the abolishment of the UCMJ.  I dont.

I see that you can't admit when you are wrong.  I also see that if you believe in the abolishment of the UCMJ, you are very ill-informed about military matters, thus not in a position to make a call on that particular matter.

If you want to make the part about passports seem all rosey, go ahead, but it just shows that you can't accept the facts when they stare you in the face.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#37]
... Where was the option to vote for being a whiner?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#38]
uh, if I wanted to be popular I wouldn't pick this handle.  Nor would I share my views regarding freedom.  So, yeah, it's not all that welcoming here, but it's no worse than most other places, so what's the problem?  

I'm more of a Boortz libertarian than a Badnarik type.  But I'll still vote L, because I think that government growth is more disconcerting than suicide bombers.  I support the war, but if the war comes as a package with prescription drug benefits, aids funding for Africa, education reform ($$$), and campaign finance reform, etc - then, I can't vote for the president.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The list could go on.

Bottom line:

B) An Idiot.

Then you're Okay.  

Which I am.

IThe good news:  You're not a traitor.

Even in your own post, you contradict yourself.  Look again, right here (it's really quite funny):

Oh, by the way......

Gee, cincy, go back and re-read the post you quoted.  That was me rebutting mopar mike.  You were attributing some things that I was saying to him as things he was saying.

Damn you non proper quote-code users.
Now I don't know who said what.
Standby....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see that you can't admit when you are wrong.  I also see that if you believe in the abolishment of the UCMJ, you are very ill-informed about military matters, thus not in a position to make a call on that particular matter.

If you want to make the part about passports seem all rosey, go ahead, but it just shows that you can't accept the facts when they stare you in the face.

CAN YOU NOT FUCKING READ?  I JUST ADMITTED I WAS WRONG! AND I SAID I DO NOT AGREE WITH THE ABOLISHMENT OF THE UCMJ!!!

ITS CALLED LITERACY!  GET SOME!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Hey don't forget about the abolition of customs, you're also WRONG ABOUT THAT:

Quoted:

No Customs.

"That is not a part of their platform".

YOUR PARTY SAYS:

"We call for the elimination of all restrictions on immigration, the abolition of the Immigration and Naturalization Service and the Border Patrol"

Hint: That includes customs.

I suggest you take the time to read your own platform, before you claim others are "ill-informed".
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CAN YOU NOT FUCKING READ?  I JUST ADMITTED I WAS WRONG! AND I SAID I DO NOT AGREE WITH THE ABOLISHMENT OF THE UCMJ!!!

ITS CALLED LITERACY!  GET SOME!

No, my literacy is fine.  You worded it as if you did agree with it.  If I am wrong on that point, sorry, but the rest of it I stand by.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Ok, so I was wrong.  Its not like I agree with it.

I swear to God, you people are no better than the liberals on DU or on Fark.  The second someone trips, you are there to push him down into the mud.  I truely have been sheltered by staying over on TheHighRoad where people have a modicum of respect. And someone said something about not eating your own...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The list could go on.

Bottom line:

B) An Idiot.

Then you're Okay.  

Which I am.

Oh, by the way......

Standby....

Hey, I used the thingy damn good.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:58:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Stay in the info forums and not GD.

Parties other than Republican have different views on firearm ownership.  Libertarians not so much, but if you come here as a Democrat, you might wanna keep it a secret.  I am a Lib, but know enough to vote for bush since my vote in my state may change the outcome...

Otherwise, talk about guns in the other spots.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#47]
"Congratulations on getting a poll going, but you are a pinko-communist Kerry-voter" is my choice. Sorry if I offended, but I was just choosing the best answer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Ok, so I was wrong.  Its not like I agree with it.

I swear to God, you people are no better than the liberals on DU or on Fark.  The second someone trips, you are there to push him down into the mud.  I truely have been sheltered by staying over on TheHighRoad where people have a modicum of respect. And someone said something about not eating your own...

Why do you think you deserve a "modicum of respect"?
You claim to be a "Libertarian", and have demonstrated that you don't have even the FAINTEST CLUE as to what is in their Platform.
Perhaps if it is "respect" you wish, you should try to avoid looking SO ill-informed.
You advocate a Platform which ANY THINKING PERSON CAN SEE is full of recipes for America's doom, AND YOU HAVEN'T EVEN  BOTHERED TO READ IT (or worse, comprehend it).
"The second someone trips... "??  You call not understanding the very BASIC tenets of your political beliefs a mere stumble?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The list could go on.

Bottom line:

B) An Idiot.

Then you're Okay.  

Which I am.

Oh, by the way......

Standby....

Hey, I used the thingy damn good.

I know you did.
My apologies for the misunderstanding.
It was all the RED.
I didn't know who to attribute it to.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#50]
I don't consider myself unwelcome here. But I wouldn't say I'm 100% libertarian either. As much as it pisses so many people off around here, I'm between that and liberal. The biggest thing I don't like about the libertarian party is there border policy. Open borders could never work. Especially with the terrorist crap going on now. I do stay out of the Bush debates now because I think he is every bit as much scum as Kerry. I think I’m going to vote for him only because it’s a wasted vote on Nader, and of course the whole AWB issue.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top