BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#2]
A fourteen year old kid is dead , IN PART because her friends were too stupid/sorry/lazy/scared to call the ambulance, and you guys are gonna turn this into an arguement about water?

Am I the only one who read that wondering what was the best approach to take to 'fix' the other kids involved?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
"E" causes your body temp. to go up a lot.  If you don't drink enough water or if you are downing beer you are going to cook.

WRONG AND DANGEROUS!

overconsuming water can cause 'water intoxication' which can lead to fatal brain swelling.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Everytime I see a thread lik this, it almost immediately becomes,

They didn't take it "right"
They didn't do certain things, drink water, 100 jumping jacks, pee, etc. that would have countered the "bad" effect of the drug.
The drug wasn't pure.

MDMA will kill you. It causes the body to overheat, crazy overheat. Further MDMA messes with your brain. Take it onece or a thousand times and nothing may happen. Take it once or a thousand times, and it may shut down parts of your brain that control mood. You will be chronically depressed the rest of your life. You will have to be treated for clinical depresion until you die.

The drug wasn't pure, arguement don't work either. most of the MDMA distributed in the world is made around Amstredam. They use industrial type machines, and proccesses to make it. They make TONS per day. No one is building MDMA one tablet at a time in their basement.

I could go on, but more than a few of you have tried to rationalize away the serious side effects of the drug........................................................Just like alcoholics do when they talk about alcohol.

Next will you tell me heroine is a good diet drug?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I am simply relating a case where overhdration was the cause of death and becuase the girl was on X when she overhydrated, it was sold in the media as an X fatality.

And why did she develop the sudden, insatiable thirst?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"E" causes your body temp. to go up a lot.  If you don't drink enough water or if you are downing beer you are going to cook.

WRONG AND DANGEROUS!

overconsuming water can cause 'water intoxication' which can lead to fatal brain swelling.

We already have been down this road
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#7]
damn that does suck..

I remember when I was at a party once, about 12 years old.

I accidently swallowed a pile of snuff..

I thought I wasn't gonna survive the night!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It IS possible to drink enough water to cause a severe electrolyte imbalance....but I think you'd have to be on drugs to do it in the first place.

Being on drugs is one way that it can happen, but far from the only one.  It happens fairly fequently to athletes.

www.cyclingsite.com/collected_wisdom/touring_info/concerns/electrolytes.htm

www.trainharder.com/training/articles/overhydration.htm

Yeah but my point is this: Unless the hydration deaths were atheltes who happened to take X before a huge workout, while the PROXIMATE cause of death may be overhydration, the ULTIMATE cause was X.

Negative. The ultimate cause was stupidity augmented with inexperience.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

They didn't do certain things, drink water, 100 jumping jacks, pee, etc. that would have countered the "bad" effect of the drug.
The drug wasn't pure.

MDMA will kill you. It causes the body to overheat, crazy overheat. Further MDMA messes with your brain. Take it onece or a thousand times and nothing may happen. Take it once or a thousand times, and it may shut down parts of your brain that control mood. You will be chronically depressed the rest of your life. You will have to be treated for clinical depresion until you die.

The drug wasn't pure, arguement don't work either. most of the MDMA distributed in the world is made around Amstredam. They use industrial type machines, and proccesses to make it. They make TONS per day. No one is building MDMA one tablet at a time in their basement.

I could go on, but more than a few of you have tried to rationalize away the serious side effects of the drug........................................................Just like alcoholics do when they talk about alcohol.

You're saying that most stuff sold on the street by the most dubious of individuals is quality MDMA? The fact that it's produced in bulk has no bearing on how well it's manufactured. Additionally, most of what is sold on the streets is not just impure, but it ain't what it's advertised to be. Do you really think ecstasy dealers are guys you can trust? These people don't have a union or a plant inspector or a license. Would you take pharmaceuticals being produced in batches of a thousand in a basement in Amsterdam without a bottle or a label on the bottle? Why not, don't trust the pharmacy? Please do the research... I think you will find that the bulk of the stuff being sold on the street is MDA and not MDMA or at least is part MDA and part god knows what ... dealers will cut the MDMA with anything to make a profit including amphetamines and aspirin.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It IS possible to drink enough water to cause a severe electrolyte imbalance....but I think you'd have to be on drugs to do it in the first place.

Being on drugs is one way that it can happen, but far from the only one.  It happens fairly fequently to athletes.

www.cyclingsite.com/collected_wisdom/touring_info/concerns/electrolytes.htm

www.trainharder.com/training/articles/overhydration.htm

Yeah but my point is this: Unless the hydration deaths were atheltes who happened to take X before a huge workout, while the PROXIMATE cause of death may be overhydration, the ULTIMATE cause was X.

I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, they didn't take the drug "right", and were an inexperienced subtance abuser................
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The drug wasn't pure.

You're saying that most stuff sold on the street by the most dubious of individuals is quality MDMA? The fact that it's produced in bulk has no bearing on how well it's manufactured. Additionally, most of what is sold on the streets is not just impure, but it ain't what it's advertised to be. Do you really think ecstasy dealers are guys you can trust? These people don't have a union or a plant inspector or a license. Would you take pharmaceuticals being produced in batches of a thousand in a basement in Amsterdam without a bottle or a label on the bottle? Why not, don't trust the pharmacy? Please do the research... I think you will find that the bulk of the stuff being sold on the street is MDA and not MDMA or at least is part MDA and part god knows what ... dealers will cut the MDMA with anything to make a profit including amphetamines and aspirin.

Are you trying to prove or disprove my arguement?

Rationalize, that the person took the drugs "wrong", or that the particular drugs taken were "bad". Do anything but admit taking subtances that subtaintally effect the function of your brain, can have a lasting effect on your brain, or kill you.

Yeah, dealers cut apart MDMA pills, and press sugar into the void to look like the part of the pill that is missing .
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Short of drowning, with what mechanism does drinking water kill a person?  I dont mean a person on X.  Say an athlete instead. How much water would lance armstrong have to drink to OD and die from "water poisening?"

I'm sure the information is in the links, but I'll go over my experience with water intoxication.

Your blood contains between 0.8 and 0.85 grams (or 135 and 145 milliequivalents (mEqu) of sodium chloride per 100 cc's.  As a reference, ocean water contains about 3 grams of sodium chloride per 100 cc's.  

Your kidneys can concentrate or dilute urine according to how much water and salt are in your diet.  If you happen to be eating very salty foods with little water, you will dump more concentrated urine, and if you happen to take in a lot of water but little salt, you will dump more water.  

I'm only going to address the situation of too much water.  While your kidneys can dilute urine, they can only do so up to a point.  You still have to put some metabolic wastes and salt into the urine.  If you continue to drink water without any salt, and you are still getting rid of some salt from the body via the kidney, your sodium chloride level in the blood must drop.  If the drop is over a short enough period of time, say less than a few hours, and the drop is significant enough, say 20-25 mEqu, several dangerous changes occur in the body.  But of all these changes, the most serious and life-threatening occur in the brain.  As the sodium level continues to drop with water intake, there is a decrease in alertness, which progresses through stages of confusion, stupor and, finally, coma.  These changes are often accompanied by seizures.  The clinical picture can be altered by drugs or alcohol taken in conjunction with the excess water.

I've treated 4 patients with acutely low sodium levels.  Three were schizophrenics who had developed funny ideas about how much water they needed to drink and the fourth was a teenage girl on a fad diet she had created which involved the consumption of large quantities of water.  All the patients presented with a depressed mental state eventually lapsing into a coma, and two of them had seizures as well.  They all made a complete recovery after their sodium levels were carefully corrected with IV fluids.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#14]
The same thing happened around here 2 years ago, water swelled the brain.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The drug wasn't pure.

Rationalize, that the person took the drugs "wrong", or that the particular drugs taken were "bad". Do anything but admit taking subtances that subtaintally effect the function of your brain, can have a lasting effect on your brain, or kill you.

Yeah, dealers cut apart MDMA pills, and press sugar into the void to look like the part of the pill that is missing .

Huh? I missed something. That last part is just retarded. I never suggested that or implied that. The only reason you would suggest such nonsense is if you were grasping at straws. I'll give since your straw man bullshit is giving me a headache.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I know a teen that killed himself and a bunch of friends driving his car. Time to ban cars since the failure to ban cars will result in cars in the hands of people who are dangerous with cars. Give a moron a potentially dangerous instrumentality and then act real surprised when they wreak havoc. good grief

I don't think the American economy would survive without "E" as it does so much good for America. Shit, beer, LSD, pot, herion and crack aren't good enough anymore?

I had one sailor that fried his brain - as in sleeps in a padded room - after taking a bunch of E for awhile - trying to kill himself - coming upon the doctors who discovered his addiction (which is always a good thing in the military) - they doped him six ways to Sunday and he still kept taking E. The doctors had him commited with some whacked brain chemistry fried for life shit. He was still in the padded room 6 months after I left the command - looney toons is a funny cartoon but a shitty life.

Fucking dopers.

Least he didn't drown in purple rain, then his brain would really be fucked
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
A fourteen year old kid is dead , IN PART because her friends were too stupid/sorry/lazy/scared to call the ambulance, and you guys are gonna turn this into an arguement about water?

Am I the only one who read that wondering what was the best approach to take to 'fix' the other kids involved?

Shit, we've locked up millions of drug users in this country and you really want to ask the question why nobody got her help?  Damn straight they were afraid of getting caught, and we've got nobody to thank for that but ourselvs.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Brain spotting, yay!!

You feel sick? Oh, that's nothing a fat doobie won't fix, dude!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I support the legalization of drugs, it was this kids own fault he died.

Drug addiction is a self correcting problem. This kid is no long a problem.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am not condoning the use of X by any means, but all the research that I have seen indicates that real pure MDMA won't kill you. There was girl here in CO who died while on X, but the drug didn't kill her.  She overconsumed water, becuase that is what she was told to do (bad information that has already been posted in this thread), diluted her electrolytes to where her brain couldn't function and died.  She died from WATER poisoning, but the media hyped as an X death.

Now, I personally won't do X because while it may not kill you, I do believe that it can fuck up your emotional brain chemistry.

Sorry, but MDMA does indeed cause malignant hyperthermia and people do die as a result.  Can I ask your credentials?

I am simply relating a case where overhdration was the cause of death and becuase the girl was on X when she overhydrated, it was sold in the media as an X fatality.

But can you direct me to all the research that you have seen that indicated 'real pure' MDMA isn't potentially lethal? I need it to set our protocols, our medical control physicians and our poison control references straight.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh? I missed something. That last part is just retarded. I never suggested that or implied that. The only reason you would suggest such nonsense is if you were grasping at straws. I'll give since your straw man bullshit is giving me a headache.

Yeah, you missed where I said

Everytime I see a thread like this, it almost immediately becomes,

The drug wasn't pure.

And lo and behold there you are claiming the drug wasn't pure........................................

Name me how many times that an MDMA manufacturing operation has been busted in the US?

It'll be a short list. The same group of people make virtually all the MDMA in the world. They do it on a huge scale. So since it all cames from the same place it would either be all bad, or all good. It's like saying if someone passes out drunk, that Budweiser made that beer wrong................Yeah just that one can..................

MDMA is most commonly sold in tablet form. You can't cut or dilute a tablet.

EDIT

FYI MDMA is a neurotoxin. If you take a neurotoxin, what does it do to your brain?

Those of you that haven't taken neurotoxins will get the answer. Those of you that have burned up part of your brain won't get the direct obvious answer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey did anyone say "One less crack-whore in the future" Yet?

Sorry that was a harsh thing to say....But aren't those banned like folding stocks on Ar's?

MT
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Seems like just about everyone who's on X is too stupid and scared to call for any kind of help... They'd rather their friends died, instead of possibly getting a slap on the wrist. Kids that young certainly shouldn't be taking drugs - at that age they can barely think right without the drugs.

I don't know what to say about X. It's very dangerous and if people must do it, do it in a controlled environment with a friend who isn't on anything and both know what you're doing. And drink enough water.

Just to clarify a little here, I've never done it and certainly don't want to - If I was going to do any drugs, it would be Marijuana and/or Mushrooms. But I don't do anything anymore
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I feel that hard drugs are a kind of vaccine for human kind if you are dumb enough to take them and die from them GOOD RIDDENCE
Natural selection is a bitch and so is Feinstein
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Somone tried to get me to do it several times said it would make me happy.  I had to remind them that things that make most people happy piss me off very bad,
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:19:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't any of these kids know what a co-pilot is?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:52:48 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How 'bout the army as a source.  5 cases of water poisoning, including one fatality, in ONE MONTH at Benning.

amsa.army.mil/1msmr/2000/v06_n03_article2.htm

Wow!  You learn something everyday
I guess I should be careful about water...

yep. News to me.

in boot camp our drill instructors made us drink two canteens of water right before lights out everynight. a few people vomited, but nobody went into a coma or died.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:02:12 AM EDT
[#30]
I interviewed a 17 year old tweeker bitch tonight. We were discussing her choice in men (drug dealers).  She explained that her first sexual experiance, at 14yo, was with a guy who gave her Ecxstacy, then raped her.  She said X is a "bonding drug" (her words).  I had not previosly considered the potential for ecxstacy's use as a "date rape" drug with the more common Roofies, alcohol, & weed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:03:58 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
No sympathy from me.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top