Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2001 8:32:30 PM EDT
Got a divorce which brought about a new computer, a new email address, a reset AR15.com account, but I'm back...even if I'm a junior again.
At least I can buy any "toys" I want now!! Which leads to my question: I bought an HK93 from a guy and have no manual or any info on it. Can anyone email me a web site or PDF file with any 93 specific info?
I figured out how to field strip it, but I don't have a clue about ANY tricks or quirks this line of rifles has, so please, fire away.
Thanks in advance,
Coversix
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Coversix, try HK91.com and HKPRO.  They have lots of guys who know a lot about HKs.  There are a whole bunch of guys here as well.  I wrote to HK USA and they sent me a manual for my HK91A3 for free.  Steyraug and HKocker are a few of the guys that seem to know a lot.  DONT PUT A CLAW MOUNT ON IT.  It will mar the finish and will cost you if you try to sell it later.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Perfect. Thanks, man. Claw? Hell no, this one's staying stock.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude; The HK G3/90/MP5 series rifles are easy to break down.  Remove buttstock.  You can remove trigger group.  Cock weapon to remove bolt group.  Remove return spring.  Turn bolt head in counter-clockwise direction to remove it and remove firing pin.  The only trick you would need to know how to reassemble the bolt head back to the bolt carrier.  You need to depress bolt locking lever when turning the bolt back into the correct position.  In addition, the bolt has to be in the fired/unlock position in order to be reinstalled.  If you have the bolt in the lock/closed position, gets push on the locking lever and pull forward on the bolt for the fired/unlock position.  That's it.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude; You are correct by not installing the scope mount on the rifle.  It will take some finish off.  Just do not use the B-Square mounts.  You can overtighten the two set screw and put some nasty dents in upper part of the receiver.  I have seen it.  The claw mounts from HK or ARMS are the best solution if you want to mount optics.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#5]
DUDE?! I said I figured out the field strip part. :) The most complicated frikin' thing so far has been the supplied sling. It looks like the JFS Patrol on my shorty, but I can't figure out where all the damn buckles connect at. heheh I feel like a dumbass. ;)
Thanks for the info though!
CS

Quoted:
Dude; The HK G3/90/MP5 series rifles are easy to break down.  Remove buttstock.  You can remove trigger group.  Cock weapon to remove bolt group.  Remove return spring.  Turn bolt head in counter-clockwise direction to remove it and remove firing pin.  The only trick you would need to know how to reassemble the bolt head back to the bolt carrier.  You need to depress bolt locking lever when turning the bolt back into the correct position.  In addition, the bolt has to be in the fired/unlock position in order to be reinstalled.  If you have the bolt in the lock/closed position, gets push on the locking lever and pull forward on the bolt for the fired/unlock position.  That's it.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Not knocking AR's but I love H&K's. You will have alot of fun with your 93. Before long you will have to have a 91 so your 93 won't be lonely. I know they look cool but they are really a super gun. And they have all kinds of really expensive accessorys you will never use but that you must have anyway. Hell I bet i could buy 10 AR pre bans if I sold all my H&K stuff.
Just hope you don't get to wanting an Aug next
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Speaking of accessories...Where are some reasonably priced outlets? I checked out HKPRO.com and they want $350.00 for a retractable stock! MY GOD! The thing only weighs a few ounces. I'd honestly never use the bayonet or bipod...well maybe the bipod, but I already have a few from Harris I could adapt to fit.
My ARs do appear happier in the safe with their new European cousin. They're jealuos of his 60-80 dollar mags though. heh
CS
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I wish I knew a good place to buy stuff cheap. I am pretty good at finding used stuff so thats the way I go most of time. Just remember this.  
DON'T BUY ANYTHING from the toad at Special Weapons
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top