Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
... They're just kids, no real political value either way
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been reading over at DU also. What does it mean when they end a post with n/t? Saw a lot of that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#5]
... no text
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm truly sorry, but I can't seem to get Jenna's annunciation of the word 'sex' out of my head.
Truly sorry.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#7]
No Text

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've been reading over at DU also. What does it mean when they end a post with n/t? Saw a lot of that.

no text ... i.e. just read the subject line
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#9]

They used the kids to make contact with a different demogrphic than most of us here.  Note the mention of "Sex in the City," "Outkast," etc.

"Their kids don't seem so stodgy like those Rebubs are supposed to be."

Maybe it'll help a little...

Since they the President's kids, it prolly won't hurt much...

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I think They are HOT!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#11]
If someone doesn't vote for George Bush for president because of his daughters speech then that person isn't part of the equation anyway.

Could you imagine being such a dumbass as to make your political decission based on what the candidates kids say? I can't.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I think alot of people will figure they were playing to the 18-22 year old crowd & let it go after tonite.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
But I just heard the Fox News Panel talk about it, and Chris Wallace thought that the Bush Girls were the highlight of the evening. He said that 'their stock was going to rise' after tonight's performance.

Hmmm. That seems strange that there is such a division in views.

Eric The(ILoveBush)Hun

Maybe Chris had the sound turned off...
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But I just heard the Fox News Panel talk about it, and Chris Wallace thought that the Bush Girls were the highlight of the evening. He said that 'their stock was going to rise' after tonight's performance.

Hmmm. That seems strange that there is such a division in views.

Eric The(ILoveBush)Hun

Maybe Chris had the sound turned off...

i watched it with the sound off (on phone)

i thought they looked pretty good    
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Stand infront of millions (TV) and see how well you do reading a script which you did not write.

No way 7 million people are watching PBS.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I was down at my bridge on  the river cat fishing and listening to the radio and drinking
whiskey and  laughing, and having a good time hearing them. Was I too drunk?

GM
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought they were cute, if not cute airheads.

However, I think they pushed their luck with grandma a little too far, and there is an ass whoppin' in store for them later.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#21]

I thought they were great. I have no idea what the rest of you are complaining about.

I got most of the inside political jokes. Pretty crafty of them.  They were very funny.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:02:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I thought they were cute, if not cute airheads.

However, I think they pushed their luck with grandma a little too far, and there is an ass whoppin' in store for them later.

Yes, yes they were very naughty and need to be punished. I will volunteer to administer the spankings.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Next time say Grandma thinks Outkast is gonna be the Democrats November election results.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who was surprised.

I was listening to it on the radio driving in my car, and at first I SERIOUSLY thought it was some kind of mean-sprited SPOOF of the Bush girls.  When I realized it was really them, I was shocked.  It sounded like two twelve-year old ditzy girls, mangling lines, and giggling and making stupid "jokes."   That was supposed to be COLLEGE GRADUATES?  They sounded retarded

I don't think the press or the Dems will be particularly mean-spirited towards them - regarldess of how silly, it was still "cute" I guess, and nobody official seems to go after each others kids in campaigns, so I think it'll just be quickly forgotten.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stand infront of millions (TV) and see how well you do reading a script which you did not write.

No way 7 million people are watching PBS.

It was on network TV tonight...

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I was listening to it on the radio driving in my car, and at first I SERIOUSLY thought it was some kind of mean-sprited SPOOF of the Bush girls.  When I realized it was really them, I was shocked.  It sounded like two twelve-year old ditzy girls, mangling lines, and giggling and making stupid "jokes."   That was supposed to be COLLEGE GRADUATES?  They sounded retarded

Most 18-22 year olds I talk to sound like that. They'll fit right in.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#28]
both of them look hitable
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Now you know why god invented the mute button.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. Most young women around that age, and guys, too, sound pretty silly to us older folks. The women at that age who don't sound silly are generally ivory tower grad school types (blank stares, arched eyebrows, looking down their noses at everybody who isn't going to grad school in the liberal arts >sniff<*), and at that age, that's too young to be like that. Go out and have some fun, before you become a drone....

* Case in point: Kerry's daughters. How snooty and supercilious can two people be?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#32]
I thought their speech was stupid but I'd poke 'em!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Now you know why god invented the mute button.

I tried it on my wife last night and found out she's wired wrong--she got louder.  

Are you married to Stella Mudd?

"MMMMMM.....HARCOURT FENTON MUDD YOU GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT HAVE YOU BEEN DRINKING AGAIN YOU OLD SOT WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO I KNOW THERE"S SOMETHING GOING ON........"
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. Most young women around that age, and guys, too, sound pretty silly to us older folks. The women at that age who don't sound silly are generally ivory tower grad school types (blank stares, arched eyebrows, looking down their noses at everybody who isn't going to grad school in the liberal arts >sniff<*), and at that age, that's too young to be like that. Go out and have some fun, before you become a drone....

great - now you've depressed me.  I start teaching an undergraduate class (of mostly seniors) this week.  

Actually, I teach this one undergrad class every year, and I've generally found the 20-22 year-old undergrads (especially the women) to be very articulate and serious WHEN THEY NEED TO BE (like in presentations of projects, practice job interviews, working for me as research and teachings assistants, etc.).
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Man I can't watch it anymore! WTF are they doing?

They sound like they need to keep their mouths shut and just look cute in the background. Way too much giggling for girls who are supposed to be out of University!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:05:53 PM EDT
[#36]
I thought they were cool myself. Sheesh, some of you folks need to lighten up and cut the girls some slack. The same thing I admire about them I also admire about their dad. They are REAL. They aren't a bunch of fakes who dress up and act like snobs just for the camera. The same girls we saw tonight are the same girls you'd see anytime you meet them. They are fun, full of life and they aren't ashamed of that. I'd much rather them come out and act like themselves (even if some perceive them as silly) than to put on an act and pretend to be the snobs we all hate. What would that accomplish?

The only reason the girls have come out and started participating in this campaign is to attract more of the young voters. Who better understands young voters than people who are also young? In a race where every vote counts, don't discount the value of the young vote. Now, in order to get them, will traditional means work with people who in large could care less about politics and usually don't vote anyway? No, I think not. But a couple of fun loving, attractive gir;s saying "hey, come vote for my dad, he's cool" just might. Remember, the people they are trying to bring over to our side aren't a bunch of balding 50 year old fat guys, but instead, young people! So while they may seem a bit "over the edge" in some ways to older folks, they identify well with young people. They are different. And in many ways, they are a breath of fresh air.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
...  They are coming across as very ditzy...  

true, but the party is widely percieved as a bunk of grumpy old men. So a couple young hotties, even if they are air heads, are an acceptable risk. they are not going to scare away any staunch Republicans, and may make some younger people at least consider the Republican party.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#38]

If you listened on the radio you have no idea what was going on. Try listening to an "I Love Lucy" with no picture and tell me what you think.

If you saw it on TV it was funny. You had to have all the visuals to know what was going on. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a convention. For a few minutes the Presidents daughters took over the convention and made us laugh.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:41:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Man, Laura Bush is a classy lady.  

She's got more class than that Teresa Heinz Kerry.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:28:20 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Man, Laura Bush is a classy lady.  

She's got more class than that Teresa Heinz Kerry.  

THK is a spaced-out gold-digging bitch.

Seriously, I think this is racist, saying such things about an African-American.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:38:46 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Enough with the sex  jokes for crying out loud. Jeeze, someone gong these two airheads.

I heard that the nut does not fall to far from the tree ??? Now see that it is true.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:42:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Enough with the sex  jokes for crying out loud. Jeeze, someone gong these two airheads.

I heard that the nut does not fall to far from the tree ??? Now see that it is true.

Quoted:
I am not getting involved with any more political discussions unless directly asked something by someone.

Seems people can not talk politics without attacks, and slurs on a persons character.

This self imposed ban on discussion of politics by me  will remain in effect till 1 month before the election. One month  before the election.

Peace my fellow team members peace.

WTF?  

Where did I take a political stance here ?

I commented on two children of a President.

Non political statement . I believe I am allowed to make / draft / state/ an opinion of a person in office without it being political.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am not getting involved with any more political discussions unless directly asked something by someone.

Seems people can not talk politics without attacks, and slurs on a persons character.

This self imposed ban on discussion of politics by me  will remain in effect till 1 month before the election. One month  before the election.

Peace my fellow team members peace.

WTF?  

Where did I take a political stance here ?

I commented on two children of a President.

Non political statement . I believe I am allowed to make / draft / state/ an opinion of a person in office without it being political.

My query is not a matter of what you are "allowed" to make/draft/state--I'm merely asking, in a rhetorical fashion, why, after stating of your own accord, "I promise . . ." <not to make political statements> you would choose to make yet another disparaging comment regarding GWB.  The expression is "The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree."  For you to say "nut" and quote the "airhead" post in particular (considering I've never heard GWB make a sexual joke of any kind) is a clear cheap shot at the President.  I'm NOT saying you are in any way not free to take your usual cheap shots--I'm only pointing out the obvious lack of keeping your (admittedly self-imposed) word.  That's all.  Carry on.  

I see -------------------------------------------------------------------------- I will avoid all GW posts till Oct 2 , so no mistaken views will be made in the future.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Cy, you called GW an airhead by agreeing that the twins were airheads and that they were just like their dad.

I don't necessarily have a problem with this, as you are entitled to your opinion.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top