Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
There is something about those 100 year old oven at Lugars, they age the steak just right.

Cincinnatus - if you want better service, ask for  a menu - the waiters love that .

Did you here about that Lugers waiter, costantine, worked there for 30 years, and just opened a steak joint on Park Ave South. My pop told me it was a dupe of lugers.

"Wolfgang's"

I hear it's almost as good, and with a MUCH better wine cellar.
(to you hayseeds, a wine cellar is where good restaurants keep the grape flavored moonshine)

Lugar's still rules, though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
my experince with new yorkers tells me that they're not very intelligent. they think new york is the only place on earth and they're really disconnected from reality for the most part.

+1.  Former NJ inmate here.... Disclaimer word follows MOST of the NYC crowd I ever met thought NY was the greatest place in the world to live.  That in itself is a serious disconnect from reality.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#3]

"Wolfgang's"

(to you hayseeds, a wine cellar is where good restaurants keep the grape flavored moonshine)

Nothing beats the original - This is turning into a Steak House thread
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Half of New Yorkers Believe US Leaders Had Foreknowledge of Impending 9-11 Attacks

Half of New Yorkers are urine colored geeks who got onto the country the  same way shit gets under a door when the toilet backs up. No surprises here.

GO BACK DO DU YOU FUCKING TROLL.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Half of New Yorkers are urine colored geeks who got onto the country the  same way shit gets under a door when the toilet backs up. No surprises here.

Dude - read the CoC now, or just leave and save the staff the trouble of locking your account if you cannot behave.

lol, the european guy said dude!

He is more American than you rpesent yourself as.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

"Wolfgang's"

Nothing beats the original - This is turning into a Steak House thread

As well it should.
I prefer we change the subject, rather than listen to people further denigrate themselves and our war dead.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I LOVE NY! Fantastic Helldog.

As well it should.
I prefer we change the subject, rather than listen to people further denigrate themselves and our war dead.

Agreed - the day is over and blood is still boiling. Jeepster never came back to face the music.

Big surprise.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Because there's very little evidence it happened before and even less that it happened this time.  The closest we've come historically is the Maine incident and even that was more of a function of Yellow Journalism exaggerating the story than some presidential conspiracy.

You're right on that.  The govt. at the time of the Maine incident didn't really want a war, but public sentiment for action forced them to attack.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Presidents and the media have failed to act before (Pearl Harbor) or even fabricated evidence to drum up support for a war.  They have done this repeatedly througout history.  Why would it be so unbelieveable that it's happening again?  Because it's GWB and Republicans would NEVER lie as politicians have lied to people througout history?  I'm not saying I think they DID know about it and consciously let it happen, but it wouldn't surprise me much if evidence surfaced in 40 years or so to indicate that's what happened.

This has always been the looniest theory I have ever heard.  People argue that  Roosevelt wanted to go to war, and he had prior knowledge about Pearl Harbor and let it happen so we can be sucked into war.  
While it is true that Roosevelt did want to stop the Germans, letting the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor would have done nothing to help us fight Germany.  Roosevelt didn't want to fight the Japanese, at least right away.  One of the reasons we did the oil embargo on them, so they would slow down while we dealt with the Germans.  Germany and Japan did sign treaties, but they were defensive treaties.  Germany had to help Japan out, but only if Japan was attacked first.  Since the Japanese attacked the US, Germany didn't have to do anything.  Hitler blundered when he declared war on the US.  

Also, even if allowing the Japanese to attack us first would have been in Roosevelt's interest (which it wasn't) allowing them to attack the headquaters of the Pacific Fleet and sink almost the whole Pacific Fleet wouldn't have been worth it.  

So, what did we learn?  That Roosevelt did have strong feelings about stopping the Nazis in Europe.  Allowing the Japanese to attack Pearl Harbor would have a) not guarnteed that it would help us fight Germany b)would have actually gone against Roosevelts wishes of fighting Germany and c)was undesirable anyways since the Japanese sunk a large majority of the Pacific Fleet.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Not this part of NY (and not the part of me that maintains a residence in Manhattan.)

Quoted:

Quoted:
my experince with new yorkers tells me that they're not very intelligent. they think new york is the only place on earth and they're really disconnected from reality for the most part.

It is not that it is the only place on earth, just that it is it's center.

+ 1 & 1
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Half of New Yorkers Believe US Leaders Had Foreknowledge of Impending 9-11 Attacks

Go crawl back under your doublewide.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I am a life long resident of NYS & I have lived a 10-minute drive from the Manhattan for most of my life. I have spent LOTS of time in NYC proper, and I am constantly exposed to its media outlets.

The statement "Fuck NYC. A cesspool of homosexuals, communists, gun-haters, atheists and God only knows what else" does not offend me in the least. It is very much based in the TRUTH, and it one of the primary reasons why my wife & I are looking to move out of this seriously screwed up state!

As long as NYC dominates the politics & purse strings of this state, I will strive to raise my family elsewhere.

We also pay the majority of the taxes in the state which you people leach on. If NYC is so bad don't go back.

On the other note I do take REAL FUCKING OFFENSE at some morons who know nothing about NYC or 9/11 calling my home a cesspool.

You know what ? GO FUCK YOURSELFS
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#14]
That's why I moved my ass out of there.
Screw the faggy arts and culture. I want elbow space, free gun ownership and no crime.
I lived in Brooklyn most of my life and people from NYC have this attitude of their shit not stinking and being superior.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I am a life long resident of NYS & I have lived a 10-minute drive from the Manhattan for most of my life. I have spent LOTS of time in NYC proper, and I am constantly exposed to its media outlets.

The statement "Fuck NYC. A cesspool of homosexuals, communists, gun-haters, atheists and God only knows what else" does not offend me in the least. It is very much based in the TRUTH, and it one of the primary reasons why my wife & I are looking to move out of this seriously screwed up state!

As long as NYC dominates the politics & purse strings of this state, I will strive to raise my family elsewhere.

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
That's why I moved my ass out of there.
Screw the faggy arts and culture....

...people from NYC have this attitude of their shit not stinking and being superior.

"faggy arts and culture", huh.
You mean Western Civilization, and all of that stuff?
History sucks, too.

Maybe they had that attitude because they actually WERE superior to a guy who says things like:
"faggy arts and culture"

You really can't blame them.
It really makes you look like quite an idiot.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:25:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I just spent a week in the Hamptons visiting my girlfriend's sister (a shrieking liberal bitch).  Any residual sympathy I had for NYC after 9/11 is now dissipated.  Those people are all insane, they pathologically hate GWB, to the point where they trust Saddam more than our President. WHen these people speak of the enemy, they mean Republicans, not Islamist Jihadists.  We think Michael Moore is a demagogue and a buffoon, but they WORSHIP THE GROUND HE WALKS ON.
Fuck NYC.  A cesspool of homos, communists, gun-haters, athiests and God only knows what else.

I know a few Hamptonites that will stomp your ass in to the ground for speaking that way.
On top of that, if your town ever got hit with an attack, these very same people would selflessly come to your aide while you cower in fear. Fuck you Jeepster.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:59:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I was wondering why there was so animosity in regard to that statement. If you said the same thing about San Francisco and West Hollywood, no one in their right mind would disagree. And it doesn't bother me in the least.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:00:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I just spent a week in the Hamptons visiting my girlfriend's sister (a shrieking liberal bitch).  Any residual sympathy I had for NYC after 9/11 is now dissipated.  Those people are all insane, they pathologically hate GWB, to the point where they trust Saddam more than our President. WHen these people speak of the enemy, they mean Republicans, not Islamist Jihadists.  We think Michael Moore is a demagogue and a buffoon, but they WORSHIP THE GROUND HE WALKS ON.
Fuck NYC.  A cesspool of homos, communists, gun-haters, athiests and God only knows what else.

What are you?  A fucking idiot?  You spent time in the Hamptons, which is similar to LA in temperment and style and you say you have no 9/11 sympathy?  You fucking inbred white trash, trailer park dwelling scumbag.  9/11 is an AMERICAN issue, not one that is localized to NYC or even just NY.  Your sympathies should lie in the death of AMERICANS, but maybe you're too damn slow to figure that out.

Fucking hillbilly.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#20]
If all you inbreds lived around ground zero, you would think different.  We in NYC are the front line for all you SHTF wanna-bees. The great hole in the ground that you saw on the news is the resting place for our relatives, friends and neighbors. Nobody in the world gives a crap about your cities in the midwest. We wake up and go to work, not knowing if we shall return. OUR city, NYC, is the greatest in the world. Just remember, the same flag flies on this side of the hudson as in yours. If you dont like us, dont let the toll both stop hit you on ths ass on the way out!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
If all you inbreds lived around ground zero, you would think different.  We in NYC are the front line for all you SHTF wanna-bees. The great hole in the ground that you saw on the news is the resting place for our relatives, friends and neighbors. Nobody in the world gives a crap about your cities in the midwest. We wake up and go to work, not knowing if we shall return. OUR city, NYC, is the greatest in the world. Just remember, the same flag flies on this side of the hudson as in yours. If you dont like us, dont let the toll both stop hit you on ths ass on the way out!

Thats a big +1 to that. Well said

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I just spent a week in the Hamptons visiting my girlfriend's sister (a shrieking liberal bitch).  Any residual sympathy I had for NYC after 9/11 is now dissipated.

Glad to see you are man of strong will and conviction.  At least you fought with your ideology for a whole week, in the Hamptons no less.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Good point.
There he was, sun bathing, swimming, eating corn on the cob...

All the while thinking...

"I no longer care the thousands of my fellow Americans were slaughtered, because they come from the NYC metropolitan area, and are therefore not worthy of my sympathy, because they remind me of my girlfriend's sister, who is a shrieking liberal bitch, even though I never met them"

"Please pass the butter and salt (I hope your sister dies too, honey)"

Idiot.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#24]
All Jeepster did was say what everyone already knew.  ;) Except he forgot all the other generalizations about all the other areas in our great country.  Like the toxic ignorant jerks in Jersey.  And the dumb redneck hicks of the deep south.   And the mamby pamby liberal scum in Boston.  And the fags and surfers and sunbathers in Cali.  And the corn pone midwest farmboys.  And the unintelligible cajuns.  

What a jackass!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top