Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I am feeling kinda bad now, he seemed like a nice kid.  I think I know where he lives, I should go apoligize.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Here are some suggestions for you, first avoid confrontation. Put a fence and gate around your compound. Secondly, put a "No Solicitors" sign on your door and the gate to your compound and finally, buy a TiVO or a PVR for your satellite.

Geesh! You know, they send these kids out to build social skills by interacting with the public. They recently trashed out a Girl Scout because she was making a killing selling cookies on Ebay, money wasn't the point of the exercise so she had to refund buyers.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Were you drunk at the time?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I've bought cookie dough from a kid at the door. Guess what? It made EXCELLENT cookies! You SO fucked up. Fuggin' cookie haters.

AB
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Enjoy Halloween.  And some random day about a year from now when you will have forgotten the incident.....skunk spray in the car, round-up balloon bombs in your yard, scorpions in teh mail box....
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Dude, you need to take it easy.

I hope your house doesn't get egged tonight.  

I hope it does!

Take yer pills man.
That is NO way to treat a kid,
he is just out doing what he was told to do.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
in MI soliciting w/out a permit is a misdemeanor. i don't care if they have 9 pieces of ID, they need to have a permit from the city offices. if they don't dissapear in an hastey fashion, I WILL HOOK THEM UP!

This is one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen posted on this site.  Wimp.

how so?

ETA: you shoul've read my whole post. i'm serious too, the one creepy fucker that was soliciting, i ran him. he had been in & out of prison from NJ most of his life. HOME INVASION being one of his many charming qualities.

so yea, again, no permit-they can get the fuck out of dodge. if you want to roll out the red carpet for them, go right ahead. if in fact wave to them as they case your house.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Was this suppose to be humorous?  I didn't find it to be funny.  What is wrong with kids now?  Hmmm.... maybe they are growing up to be just like the adults they encounter.

Very well said.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
in MI soliciting w/out a permit is a misdemeanor. i don't care if they have 9 pieces of ID, they need to have a permit from the city offices. if they don't dissapear in an hastey fashion, I WILL HOOK THEM UP!

This is one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen posted on this site.  Wimp.

how so?

You are off topic THATS HOW, were talking about an assclown chewing out a kid
for trying to do some thing he was probubly told would benifit a good cause.
Not a guy selling magz for a living or a bible thumper.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#10]
jesus christ dude, chill the hell out! he was prob. doing for some kind of fund raiser.  if you did that to my kid, you can bet your ass i would be there to talk to you about it!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am feeling kinda bad now, he seemed like a nice kid.  I think I know where he lives, I should go apoligize.

That would right all wrong in IMO, would take a man to admit it and apoligize.

ETA: it would also teach this kid that people make mistakes but that
doesnt mean they are ALL ass holes, and a good man will fess up and pay the consequences.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

how so?

You are off topic THATS HOW, were talking about an assclown chewing out a kid
for trying to do some thing he was probubly told would benifit a good cause.
Not a guy selling magz for a living or a bible thumper.

it wasn't so much off topic, i wanna know "how so?" in regards to the simple fact that while many solicitors are harmless, many can be a serious problem. he should not have have felt bad. you responded while i was edting so i'll post it again.

ETA: you shoul've read my whole post. i'm serious too, the one creepy fucker that was soliciting, i ran him. he had been in & out of prison from NJ most of his life. HOME INVASION being one of his many charming qualities.

so yea, again, no permit-they can get the fuck out of dodge. if you want to roll out the red carpet for them, go right ahead. if in fact wave to them as they case your house.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#13]
[Me: IF I DIDNT ANSWER THE FIRST TIME, WHAT THE FUCK MAKES YOU THINK IM GONNA ANSWER THE SECOND TIME?!?!

hahaha,   gee I wonder what set him off.  I think if your lucky most adults would have responded as copnservatively as this kid did.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dude, you need to take it easy.

I hope your house doesn't get egged tonight.  

I hope it does!

Take yer pills man.
That is NO way to treat a kid,
he is just out doing what he was told to do.

Didn't you hear my sarcastic tone?  

I heard it  Lima Charlie ...
I lumped YOUR quote into MY post to HIM...srry fer any confusion
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I really hope you were joking!  It's hard enough for these kids to have to fundraise without having to be treated so terribly.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, even though there was a risk of getting the shit beat out of me by the kids dad, I went and apoligized.  The father thanked me for apoligizing and we talked a bit. It turns out that the father has a nice collection of firearms, and I have a new shooting buddy.

I still feel pretty bad about what I said.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Well, even though there was a risk of getting the shit beat out of me by the kids dad, I went and apoligized.  The father thanked me for apoligizing and we talked a bit. It turns out that the father has a nice collection of firearms, and I have a new shooting buddy.

I see a range acident in your future ....
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see a range acident in your future ....

Nah, he was cool about it.  Nice to see some forgiving people out there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Someone needs to get laid.....  BAD!!!

+1

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

A class move there.  Good Job!

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Next time just take your shirt off and open the door while stroking your shotgun and say something like "You sure got a pretty mouth".
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I go to the door and look through the peephole, there is a kid standing there, about 15 or 14.  I contemplate on whether to open it or not.  I decide not to and I turn away when he knocks again.  I slam open the door and yell...

Me:  IF I DIDNT ANSWER THE FIRST TIME, WHAT THE FUCK MAKES YOU THINK IM GONNA ANSWER THE SECOND TIME?!?!

Kid:  Well, you did.

Me:  WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT?!

Kid:  Um, im selling magazines and cookie dough, would you like to buy some?

Me:  NO

Kid:  It's really good cookie dough, you should buy some.

Me:  How do I know you arent lying to me?

Kid:  Look at me, would I lie to you?

Me:  Probably.

Kid:  Fuck you man, ill go sell to someone else.

Me:  WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY YOU LITTLE PRICK?!  I SUGGEST YOU SHUT YOUR GOD DAMN COCKHOLSTER!

At which point I slam the door.

What the fuck is wrong with kids theese days?

They are raised by assholes  like you.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#26]
You get angry over missing TV?  And you have guns,  a nice argument for the fienstien types.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You did overreact, and were harsh with the kid, but don't feel too bad. Everyone has their days, and says things that are out of line every now and then.  It is easy to get pissed at teens, because you hear how bad many of them are on a near daily basis. Make a mental note of this event, and try not to let it happen again.[0:) Edited because I forgot to read page three.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I go to the door and look through the peephole, there is a kid standing there, about 15 or 14.  I contemplate on whether to open it or not.  I decide not to and I turn away when he knocks again.  I slam open the door and yell...

Me:  IF I DIDNT ANSWER THE FIRST TIME, WHAT THE FUCK MAKES YOU THINK IM GONNA ANSWER THE SECOND TIME?!?!

Me:  WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY YOU LITTLE PRICK?!  I SUGGEST YOU SHUT YOUR GOD DAMN COCKHOLSTER!

They are raised by assholes  like you.

That's gonna leave a mark LOL
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Now you're talking

GM
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#31]
"NO SOLICITING".  A sign that might prevent a future brain hemorrhage.  

I hope that kid pisses in your drink the next time you get fast food.  

You=Richard Cranium.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go see a mental health counselor....show them your post. Take a couple changes of clothes in case they ask you to voluntarily commit yourself for a few days of evaluation.

who, me?

No, the Whackjob.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I am glad you took the risk and things worked out.  Classy move
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Well I have went off before.  I dont like it when people wake me up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Ok..You went and said you were sorry..Good move..Did you buy at least $100 worth of cookie dough from the kid?

My step-son was selling cookie dough last week for Pee-Wee Football. I don't agree with any kid having to sell anything for a school or team for "equipment"... But, his mothers decision overrode mine. Then the kid had to go collect and if some jerk bounces a check, the KID or his parents have to cover it AND all bounced check charges!

But, had that been my kid, you wouldn't have had to come to my house for an apology..I would have come squeezed one out of you...Then made you buy $100 worth of cookie dough and a 5 year subscription to Parenting Magazine...

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:42:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Ok..You went and said you were sorry..Good move..Did you buy at least $100 worth of cookie dough from the kid?

My step-son was selling cookie dough last week for Pee-Wee Football. I don't agree with any kid having to sell anything for a school or team for "equipment"... But, his mothers decision overrode mine. Then the kid had to go collect and if some jerk bounces a check, the KID or his parents have to cover it AND all bounced check charges!

But, had that been my kid, you wouldn't have had to come to my house for an apology..I would have come squeezed one out of you...Then made you buy $100 worth of cookie dough and a 5 year subscription to Parenting Magazine...

And you would have been right in doing so.

I purchased two magazine subscriptions, but no cookie dough.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:49:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

You should.......  If you really did that, you should be ashamed of yourself for chrissakes...

How would you feel if that was YOUR child ???

Jeez.......
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:27:54 AM EDT
[#38]
I maybe a little off topic here...but I will risk it:

Be very cautious about letting solicitors in your house.  While I was in Iraq last year some B!*CH and 2 companions (1 male 1 female) were selling(scamming) door to door and my wife let them in. (my wife is from Brazil and is usually very polite to strangers)My family was living in so. Utah at the time and I think these scoundrels were from Vegas. (they were black and from out of town - St. George has an extremely low pop. of blacks) Anyway, they were pressuring here to buy some cleaning product which she grudgingly let them demonstrate their product but in the end she told them NO. (she told them no several times prior to the demonstration) Well this beast of a woman asks to use the restroom and my wife hesitantly said yes (the woman insisted that she needed to go urgently) after they leave my wife walks into the bathroom to see that this B!*CH had pissed on everything from the toilet to the sink to the towls and rugs - everything.  I called my wife that evening from an Iridium phone and she burst into tears - she was upset but also afraid of this woman coming back at night w/her cohorts. (my wife is small - 5'3", 105 lbs. and not gun saavy) She was worried about herself and our 4 young kids and told her firmly to call the police and file a report, throw out everything, etc., etc. I also had my 20 year old brother stay at my house for a few days just to be sure. Needless to say I will never let a solictor into my house whom I have not calle/invited/etc. and I have a standing house rule to buy nothing from solicitors.

I am all for teenagers working and I am all for entrepreneurship - just don't come knocking at my door.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:33:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Wow, and this whole time I thought you were just pulling our chain...

I wouldn't have been as nice as his father was. I suggest not going hunting with him anytime soon......
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:36:53 AM EDT
[#40]
The schools around here don't allow door to door sales. They leave it up to the parents to sell the stuff to their friends or at work. I forgot where it was, but some kid doing this knocked on the wrong door and the crazy fuck took him inside and killed him. Or maybe it's another urban myth.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:07:45 AM EDT
[#41]
All joking aside, ALL ENDS WELL
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:21:21 AM EDT
[#42]
I think YOU have the problem ASS!!!!!  What the heck makes you talk to  a kid like that anyway.   Way to go bud.   It's people like you who corrupt kids these days.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

And you kooks think I am a prick. This guy is the champ.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:22:17 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I admit I did kinda over react.  I was watching something on TV, so I was angry that I missed part of it.

TIVO!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top