Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#1]
hmm sound like i should save my money.

yet again the ar15 pool of knowledge saves the day
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#2]
My brother had a "rice burner".  
Started out as a 95 Acura Integra.  We put in the cold air intake and gained around 5-6 HP, it also boosted gas milage by 4 mpg.  But, we ended up taking like 30 lbs of air intake parts out, and replaced them with a 5 lb cold air intake.  Since then we stripped the interior, put on Carbon fiber body panels, an aero kit, chassis and suspension stiffeners, neons, and a stereo, and it is about 400 lbs lighter than stock. Engine mods include the Cold air intake,  a computer chip, racing ignition, a custom exhaust system, and a modified turbo unit I scavenged out of a junkyard.(We may also have the capacity for a certain substance that can boost performance in it as well )   Still messing with the turbocharger, but we get about 275HP and like 200 ft lbs out of it.  
Unless you want to seriously tune your car, dont mess with a cold air intake.  It took a long time to get it to run right, as it messed up the air/fuel mixtures the computer was used to.  Instead, invest it in a case of ammo.  Or send it to me.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top