User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does he claim that they took a Swift boat up the Mekong into Cambodia?  The reason I ask is that I don't believe the Swift boats went that far up the Mekong, as that was the domain of the PBRs.

I don’t know if he was in a Swift boat at the time, but apparently he did enter Cambodia at some point (I believe to transport weapons to friendlies).

That's right, he went to Cambodia on a top secret mission for which no records were kept.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#2]
tagged
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does he claim that they took a Swift boat up the Mekong into Cambodia?  The reason I ask is that I don't believe the Swift boats went that far up the Mekong, as that was the domain of the PBRs.

I don’t know if he was in a Swift boat at the time, but apparently he did enter Cambodia at some point (I believe to transport weapons to friendlies).

That's right, he went to Cambodia on a top secret mission for which no records were kept.

And these missions were so secret no one else in the chain of command or on his boats knew they were in Cambodia either.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
PLEASE tell me this is an ACTUAL letter written by Ollie North and not something I will read on SNOPES.COM and the word "FALSE" next to it.

www.snopes.com/johnkerry/letter/ollienorth.html
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
PLEASE tell me this is an ACTUAL letter written by Ollie North and not something I will read on SNOPES.COM and the word "FALSE" next to it.

When I click your link, it says it can't find it.  When I copy and paste, starting at the www.snopes, with all the rest in there, it goes to snopes, but can't find the letter.

So, what are you trying to say?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like I was quoting old information.

It now sounds like he was never in Cambodia at all (he was close to the Cambodian border though!! ).

Is there anything Kerry hasn’t lied about?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:45:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When I click your link, it says it can't find it.  When I copy and paste, starting at the www.snopes, with all the rest in there, it goes to snopes, but can't find the letter.

So, what are you trying to say?

If you hover the cursor over the link, it will say "kerry is a loooooser! :)"

just having some fun with DrFrige's apprehension about the letter being debunked by (the pro-kerry) snopes. AFAIK, the letter is genuine Ollie North & right on the money.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:02:15 AM EDT
[#10]
The liberals do not want to know the truth...Heck "They can't handle the truth!"

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Allow me to do my best Clintonesque parsing:

1. Reagan did not "sell" arms before he became President. Talk is all they did. No money or arms were exchanged, just "gentlemen's agreements".

2. According to what you said Reagan did not promise arms in exchange for hostages, he promised arms in exchange for the TIMING of the hostage release. The hostages were going to be released. Getting the man who CAUSED them to be taken in the first place (Carter) out of office was a pre-emption of any further hostage taking.

3. When the enemy outnumbers you in Congress and the law is putting America in a weaker position, what could a President do? The consequences of Reagan NOT doing what he did are far more serious than what he did do. Consider it "civil disobedience"

While technically true, and nobody is calling for his impeachment or anything, we know what he did and he didn't do it for the best of reasons. Reagan did a few back door things but in most cases it was with the best of intentions.

Holy Cow!!!! How interesting to see these two big-time posters here AR15.com, condoning TREASON by both Ronald Reagan and George Bush Sr.

Both ADMIT to knowing what really happen regarding "The October Surprise" and are fully aware of the back-door deals done behind the back of then President Jimmy Carter, and both explained why they thought TREASON against the TRUE government of the United States was justifed.

Note from the dictionary:
treason; 1. Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.

Don't know about most of ya, but cutting deals with a foreign country, that happens to be holding U.S. hostages, in circumvention of the efforts of the standing U.S. President and offering arms in exchange for those same hostages dang sure qualifies as TREASON in my book.

But that’s okay by SteyrAUG and The_Macallan.

I have been chastised by these two many an occasion over the last few years w/ tin-foil hat comments and other slurs, at one time IIRC (I have an old link which is dead I can't access) on this very same subject in which they claimed that this situation never happened (the back-door deals) and now they show their true colors…….

Thanks guys ya made my day,  
Mike

P.S. - Don’t matter how much one dislikes the current setting President, acting behind his back on matters of National Security and Foreign Policy ain't justified for any reason, and is exactly what I called it, TREASON.

FWIW, I'm inclined to believe that Reagan knew very little of this, as "October Surprise" evidence points more toward Bill Casey and George Bush Sr along with a few others setting right now in the current GWB adminstration.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:33:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#13]
mr wilson-

the world is a nasty place.  sometimes nasty men must do nasty things to protect the country.  it's why we're not speaking german, or japanese.  or russian.  treason is hardly black and white.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Allow me to do my best Clintonesque parsing:

1. Reagan did not "sell" arms before he became President. Talk is all they did. No money or arms were exchanged, just "gentlemen's agreements".

2. According to what you said Reagan did not promise arms in exchange for hostages, he promised arms in exchange for the TIMING of the hostage release. The hostages were going to be released. Getting the man who CAUSED them to be taken in the first place (Carter) out of office was a pre-emption of any further hostage taking.

3. When the enemy outnumbers you in Congress and the law is putting America in a weaker position, what could a President do? The consequences of Reagan NOT doing what he did are far more serious than what he did do. Consider it "civil disobedience"

While technically true, and nobody is calling for his impeachment or anything, we know what he did and he didn't do it for the best of reasons. Reagan did a few back door things but in most cases it was with the best of intentions.

Holy Cow!!!! How interesting to see these two big-time posters here AR15.com, condoning TREASON by both Ronald Reagan and George Bush Sr.

Both ADMIT to knowing what really happen regarding "The October Surprise" and are fully aware of the back-door deals done behind the back of then President Jimmy Carter, and both explained why they thought TREASON against the TRUE government of the United States was justifed.

Note from the dictionary:
treason; 1. Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.
[And Reagan did NONE of those things - he in fact aided AMERICA by defending and restoring America's honor and respect throughout the world - there's NO denying that. America was STRONGER for what Reagan did, not weaker.]

Don't know about most of ya, but cutting deals with a foreign country, that happens to be holding U.S. hostages, in circumvention of the efforts of the standing U.S. President and offering arms in exchange for those same hostages dang sure qualifies as TREASON in my book.

Seeing as how your book is wrapped in tinfoil, I can understand that.

Reagan did what Carter was unable to do. Why? Because it was CARTER who was the inept stooge aiding and abetting Islamic radicals who sought to undermine US national interests and US power and respect throughout the world. Carter, through his spineless ineptitude aided the Islamic radicals whose intentions were to embarass and humiliate America - and Carter aided and abetted their cause to a "T".

Now I don't believe there were any actual "traitors" involved in anything surrounding the Iran Hostages but if ANYONE was damaging AMERICA - it was CARTER, not Reagan - and history proves that beyond a doubt.

And for that, Reagan should be honored.

But nice try anyway mr_wilson. I give you two stars.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:46:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Excuse me while I freakin' fail to see how ANY of this debate about Olie's involvement in Iran-Contra negates the DEAD-ON points in his letter to Kerry.

I don't know what really went on the events mentioned here, but I DO know that John F'n Kerry is a traitor to our troops who served in Vietnam and is not fit to be the CINC. In that, Olie and I TOTALLY agree.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top