BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, while I certainly don't fit into that mold (being a 250 pound Jewish Eskimo lesbian) - but there's definitely a visceral "T-shirt" antagonism predominant amongst quite a few here.  

This thread getting locked will prove me right on that.

Yep... let's see how long it takes.

I'll be accused of trolling for simply bringing it up.

And on page 3, you'll admit to it.

Then on page 5 he'll cry about "I don't care if you guys don't like me, I'm just here to stir crap up in your pathetic internet lives.  I'm trying to reach 8000 posts.  You'll see, maybe next week I'll be cool again, but I don't care because the internet is stupid.  Someone PLEASE pay attention to me!!!"
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:49:02 AM EDT
[#2]
It was worse before the war started.  No dissent tolerated whatsoever.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:53:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm a left-handed, herniated Hopi Indian female college professor in a wheelchair. And I'm dyslexic. And I have guns. You happy now?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:58:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I was a conserative long before I got interested in guns.  What got me into guns was liberals plotting to ban them in 1999 after Columbine.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Happily resembling your topic
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, while I certainly don't fit into that mold (being a 250 pound Jewish Eskimo lesbian) - but there's definitely a visceral "T-shirt" antagonism predominant amongst quite a few here.  

This thread getting locked will prove me right on that.

Yep... let's see how long it takes.

I'll be accused of trolling for simply bringing it up.

And on page 3, you'll admit to it.

Then on page 5 he'll cry about "I don't care if you guys don't like me, I'm just here to stir crap up in your pathetic internet lives.  I'm trying to reach 8000 posts.  You'll see, maybe next week I'll be cool again, but I don't care because the internet is stupid.  Someone PLEASE pay attention to me!!!"

Oops... it's page three... I guess it's time for the obligatory, groupthink imposed behavior... .so with out further adieu....

I'm just trolling as a professional troll does from time to time.

There. Are you happy now?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It was worse before the war started.  No dissent tolerated whatsoever.  

So you've been silenced then?  Or do you perhaps mean that people simply wouldn't sit by and put up with your bullshit in silence?  News flash for you, dude, you don't have the right to unopposed speech.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Oops... it's page three... I guess it's time for the obligatory, groupthink imposed behavior... .so with out further adieu....

Well, it is the first accurate thing you've said in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm a left-handed, herniated Hopi Indian female college professor in a wheelchair. And I'm dyslexic. And I have guns. You happy now?

Busy this weekend?

You're going to hell, Penguin!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#15]
To stay totally On topic........

Is it me? Or has gun ownership become synonymous with White Christian HeteroRepublican on this site?

Its you.

Gun Ownership is the tie that binds ont his site.

(White) I can think of more than one non White Mod/Staff'ers, let alone posters from every race, creed, color and national origin...

(Christian) Lord knows () we have Muslims, pagans, atheists and agnostics...

(hetero)We have the pink pistols here.....

(Republicans)And then there is cyanide.... And we also have DU trolls.....

Its you.

(I left me out of this one, cuz I am 3/4ths of the label in your thread title. )

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#16]
It's just you Ben.

Personally, I find this board very tolerant of all different views, and representing a huge variety of America, and the world.

We have Blacks, Whites, Orientals- oops sorry,  Asians, Jews, and Jew haters, Cops, and Cop haters, Out of the closet Homosexuals, and those who believe that fagots make baby Jesus cry.  We have sexually permissive horny girls, (or at least lonely old men that claim to be)  Hell, we even had a militant Muslim!  (Until he got taken away, by those less understanding than we)

All of us brought together into one big dysfunctional family by the shared defense the 2nd Amendment.

What you may be detecting is that being a Conservative-White-Straight-Christian-Male has gotten to be so politically incorrect that this is about the only place left where they can express themselves.

The free exchange of ideas (even in the form of insults) is one of the things that keeps me logging on.  It's a hell of a lot more interesting then "I like Pie"

I am Libertarian leaning also, but I am pragmatic enough to know that we need to vote Republican, until the Libertarians are a legitimate force.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Gun Ownership is the tie that binds ont his site.

Roger that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:39:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Nope, not until you start telling us how pathetic we are for hanging around on the internet and not having a sense of humor.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#19]
SHADDUP!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

So, there are a whole world of reasons for being pro-Second Amendment, and being White Christian HeteroRepublican from the rural South, with Scots-Irish ancestry, are just a few of them.

Eric The(Etc.,Etc.)Hun

If I didn't know better, I'd say ETH has been looking at my family tree.  

Sorry to have offended you with my presence, BenDover.  Although, I'm sure you will be real happy once I have White Entertainment Television on the air, once I have billboards asking all who may see to supporth the United Caucasian College Fund, once I have an entire month devoted to White Male History, and once I have organized a Straight Pride Parade through downtown Austin.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:42:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, not until you start telling us how pathetic we are for hanging around on the internet and not having a sense of humor.  

Well shit.. I'm pathetic for hanging out here with you, and at least 8.1573488 of you have a sense of humor as twisted as my own. So I refuse to lower myself to hypocrite status. Troll Status I can live with. Hypocrite... no way.

Let's hear it from the fishnet wearing, transvestite heroin addict gun owners today!! SOUNDOFF!!

[crickets...]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
It's just you Ben.

Personally, I find this board very tolerant of all different views, and representing a huge variety of America, and the world.

We have Blacks, Whites, Orientals- oops sorry,  Asians, Jews, and Jew haters, Cops, and Cop haters, Out of the closet Homosexuals, and those who believe that fagots make baby Jesus cry.  We have sexually permissive horny girls, (or at least lonely old men that claim to be)  Hell, we even had a militant Muslim!  (Until he got taken away, by those less understanding than we)

All of us brought together into one big dysfunctional family by the shared defense the 2nd Amendment.

What you may be detecting is that being a Conservative-White-Straight-Christian-Male has gotten to be so politically incorrect that this is about the only place left where they can express themselves.

The free exchange of ideas (even in the form of insults) is one of the things that keeps me logging on.  It's a hell of a lot more interesting then "I like Pie"

I am Libertarian leaning also, but I am pragmatic enough to know that we need to vote Republican, until the Libertarians are a legitimate force.  

Wow- well-said! Did you wrote this, or did I? This should be the manifesto of ARFCOM!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Ben I have a off topic question........what happen to your gerbilcam avatar?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Better not deviate from the concept, lest ye be branded something other than one of the 'good guys' aka. caucasian, Republican, Christian hetero.

All others are evil -- even if they believe in the 2nd Amendment with all they are and have as a person.

Herd mentality.

No wonder people hate my demographic.

Grow up. Nobody hates you.

But you obviously disklike how the chips fall for the majority of people, and their views.

Assert your sense of 'individuality' in some less obvious manner, perhaps above the rantings of a disaffected highschooler, and people might give a crap.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Christian? Sure, how many Christians are gun banning liberals? Not many.
Hetero? What, like 1% of the population is gay so what are you expecting, some big gay fag party here on ar15.com?  Why would the site draw a disproportionate amount of gays?
Republican? Not many Democrat AR15 freaks.  That's like wondering why everyone posting on DUh is Democrat.
White? WTF does that have to do with ANYTHING?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Let me try from another angle Ben.  
It's not all B&W.

Every day I am bombarded with Political Correctness.
We can't hate Arab Terrorists.
We can't search Arabs getting onto aircraft.
We can't seal our borders.
We have to let Muslims fire a woman for eating a bacon sandwhich, but if an Muslim woman wants to wear her veil for her drivers license, she should be able to cover her face.
We can't say Homosexuality is wrong, and I do not wish for them to be around me ofr my kids.
Sex outside of marriage is wrong.  Doesn't mean that we're not going to try it before we get married, but we know it is wrong.
Soldiers are pretty good guys, in general.  
The abuse at Abu Graib was bad, but not an atrocity.  
What happens to our people who beome POW's IS an atrocity.
What happened to our soldiers during WWII in the Pacific was an atrocity.
Teenage mothers are wrong.  Shame used to help.  Now there is no shame.  There are day-cares in high schools and junior high schools.
Laziness is now a disease.  Pretty soon lazy employees will be protected by the supreme court.
The courts strike down many laws we try to pass to stop the insanity.

Maybe I come here for my daily reminder that the whole country isn't off its collective rocker.
Maybe I come here because there are others who are not afraid to speak their mind and don't hold back.
Everyone needs an escape.
Everywhere else I am the white devil oppresser.
I have never oppressed anyone.
I have never owned a slave.
Nor have I stolen land from an Indian.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well shit.. I'm pathetic for hanging out here with you, and at least 8.1573488 of you have a sense of humor as twisted as my own. So I refuse to lower myself to hypocrite status. Troll Status I can live with. Hypocrite... no way.

Let's hear it from the fishnet wearing, transvestite heroin addict gun owners today!! SOUNDOFF!!

[crickets...]

I don't think Leslie Cochran has internet access....   See Leslie Here
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Hey Stoner... like the loser DU troll that I am, I let my Team Status lapse, and haven't sent any money yet to re-up.

I suppose I should huh?

Disaffected highschooler?

LOL... that's a way to win a disenfranchised Republican over.... good one...
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Hey Stoner... like the loser DU troll that I am, I let my Team Status lapse, and haven't sent any money yet to re-up.

I suppose I should huh?

Better fix that oversite pal..
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#30]
You mean to tell me that the majority of the population is really the majority? I CAN"T BELIEVE IT!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Who the hell WANTS to "win you back?"  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#32]
You do. Otherwise I might vote for Kerry and help to usher in a whole new era of draconian liberalism that includes mandatory capturing public acts of gay sex with your digital cam.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Not particulary interested in "winning you over," as your comments imply you value seeing yourself as a contrarian. And if you're just gonna complain about how sets of beliefs naturally come together, well, nothing is going to change that.

Might as well get pissed off about the weather.

Just think you should STFU, and take it easy. Or, start harassing Arock again. That was pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:09:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#35]
the White Christian HeteroRepublican's have been more vocal lately...for whatever reason- I dont know
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Is it me? Or has gun ownership become synonymous with White Christian HeteroRepublican on this site

I must admit I am white other than that I dont fit your mold.

Seems like you were quiet at home just a few short months ago.
You do seem to have changed some how ?

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
You do.

No, I don't.  Frankly, I think you're a lost cause.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Well, I'm two out of three so I feel welcome most of the time.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You do.

No, I don't.  Frankly, I think you're a lost cause.

That's exactly what my committee chair thinks... wait till he hears I got someone to contest him in his own precinct...
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#40]
You aren't going to get the 90% of the people here that ARE just following the herd to admit it, so what's the point?  Just deal with it.  I tend to disagree with alot of the posters here, but I still get along with quite a few of them.

Hypocrisy is the only thing that I can't stand and don't respect.  There are several members here who are held in rather high regard that are some of the biggest hypocrits, and some who are demonized who are at least consistent.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm hip to it. I've read a lot of good stuff in this thread today from some surprising folks. Gives me hope.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#42]
I didn't read all 4 pages but here's what I think.  Your question is silly.  It's like going to a lesbian-rights site and asking why everyone is a gay, religion loathing, man hating, left-wing, activist  type and how other views are frowned on.  This is a rather natural situation when people gather based on a common interest and that trait tends to found among X,Y, and Z other traits.  

For the record I'm a white, heterosexual, male who happens to be a-theist and staunchly support the 2nd amendment.  I tend to stay out of discussions about religion or faith unless the topic of that thread is about forcing me to abide their faith.  Frankly I don't care what makes up your moral compass, If it's correctly aligned then good on you.  

Of course there is a hive mind.  It's a natural condition of a large group of mostly like-minded folks.  Thus far no ARFcom members have showed up at my door to force me to convert to correct my aberrant condition, so I don't see the issue.  Argue if you want to...  don't if you don't want to.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm a wee bit offended by ErictheHuns assertion about Dungeons and Dragons players.

I'm quite certain the old Goat (and I mean that in a nice way), has never so much as seen the game except as far as what he's heard on TV.

It would seem odd to take anything the media reports about firearms with a grain of salt but to then on the other hand, swallow the notion that D&D is a satanic game corrupting the youth without any critical thought.

Its basically an age old problem, there are troublesome children who don't get enough attention and its easier for the parents and the media to  point to thier hobbies as the cause of the problem instead of looking at what they might be doing wrong.

The same thing is said today about Violent video games as was said about D&D in the eighties and comic books in the fifties... Heck even if you were to look back into your youth you'd recall much the same hysteria about that newfangled "Fire" corrupting children.

Essentially D&D is little more then interactive storytelling, One player presents a descriptive narrative and the other players interact within that narrative.

Setting is very important and the publisher has provided several different worlds with varying "flavors" to use as templates, they publish novels advancing the political background on these worlds. Necessarily they shy away from Established religions in these, although you can find equivalents to most any religion.

They also publish historical settings which don't shy away from religion, in particular theyve released books about the Celtic era, the Arthurian saga, the Dark Ages, the Renaissance etc and also releasing regional books for  England, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia, the middle east etc.

These books are little more then introductions to the premise so that the storyteller (or Dungeon Master in the vernacular) can create an interesting adventure within that distinct setting,

As far as rules, they are mainly layed out in such a way as to encourage good storytelling.

Most of the rules surround the creation of a character, from his general abilities (Or Class, mainly whether he is a Fighter, Scholar or Rogue) to his demeanor (a combination of his inclination towards good, evil or neither and his inclination towards law, chaos or neither). To his specific capabilities.

Essentially its effective characterization made easy, Lawful Good people are basically like the types stereotyped as comprising this board.. they love their families and thier nation, respect the law even if they don't agree with it, want to do good and help others.

Chaotic Good folks are more like  Libertarians, they generally want to do good and help others when the opportunity presents itself but they have no use for the interferance of a government or principality and generally ignore authority.

Lawful Evil folks believe that the law is there to seperate the weak from the strong, and that there is nothing wrong with using the law to crush those whom are helpless. Typically conniving and ruthless, they keep thier word but are loathe to give it... this is what the folks on DU think republicans are like.

Chaotic Evil people believe in doing whatever the hell feels good, they generally hurt those weaker then them because they can, they loot, murder pillage and rape becuase they can.

Chaotic Nuetral people souls don't really believe anything, they go from one path to another rapidly, they can be insane or just flighty the only consistant quality about them is thier inconsistancy.

Etc

Really its a very amusing game with rich subtexts that relies on the very primal appeal of sitting around with your friends and sharing a good story. Most of the players I know are Christian, although there are a couple of wingnut pagans, athiests and undecideds. Its generally a suburban game and its main audience represents that demographic, while its escapism does attract some of the more disaffected types.

I'd say that you find more pagans and athiests, but on the whole the games players are largely normal christian kids.

To get a little bit of my point about how the rules are largely set up to create interesting characters, heres a little Java Quiz that asksa couple of questions and crafts a response of what a person with those beliefs would be in the D&D world.

Character Quiz
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#45]
This is some really great whine Ben!  It would be better if it were a little drier though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Well hell ETH.. I sit on the campaign committee for the Republican candidate for one of the contested county commission seats. Of course, she was the underdog back in the primary, and was despised by the Central Committee at large. She picked her team, and we brought her from behind to sweep a 4-way race for the GOP candidacy in November against a well-entrenched Dem encumbent.

She's one of those damn contrarians too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top