Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just don't blink or that damn laser will cut your eye lid to sheads. It happened to a friend of a friend. He was in the hosipital for three weeks. They had to cut part of his ass to use skin for reconstructive surgery. Must have hurt like hell.

Don't worry everything will be find.

And now he has really furry eyelids!  

j/k

They taped mine open, IIRC.

They taped your ass open?? Did it improve your vision? Can you get a decent butt to stock weld when you shoot?

incorrigible!  
man, i was interested in the details and chuckling a little until THIS!

i think i can get all the Coca-cola i spewed on the keyboard out!  

i was thinking i oughta do the LASIK thing too until now.  i'll have to wait until i completely forget all these posts.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm getting it this fall, hopefully.  It pays for itself after 20 years.  But the freedom from contacts is immeasurable!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm alive...I had like 20/400 vision with major astigmatism.  My left eye is still a bit blurry but I can see fine without any aids.  This cocktail of eye drops sucks having to use em all the time.

The actually laser part of cutting the cornea and the lasik part was a breeze.  I didn't even realize they had cut the cornea until he flipped it over because I was so freaked out by that suction thing on my eye.  Only reason i knew the actual lasik part was going was because I could smell it.  Smelled like teeth getting drilled!  Not a bad experience at all but getting pie would have been much more fun.

thanks everyone for all your kind words of encouragements!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm alive...I had like 20/400 vision with major astigmatism.  My left eye is still a bit blurry but I can see fine without any aids.  This cocktail of eye drops sucks having to use em all the time.

The actually laser part of cutting the cornea and the lasik part was a breeze.  I didn't even realize they had cut the cornea until he flipped it over because I was so freaked out by that suction thing on my eye.  Only reason i knew the actual lasik part was going was because I could smell it.  Smelled like teeth getting drilled!  Not a bad experience at all but getting pie would have been much more fun.

Crap...guess you get to keep your guns, unless you're one of those fellows who had a tragic boating accident

Seriously, good deal. What's the eyedrop cocktail about, how often do you need to dribble stuff into your eyes, etc?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
 Not a bad experience at all but getting pie would have been much more fun.

At least now you can see what you are eating!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#6]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=267603

Herrrrrrrrre is an eyecharrrrrrrrrt to check yourrrrrrrr vision with!

Glad to hear all's well!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad it went well for you.

Now you just have to hope the flap doesn't break open again and all of your vitreous humor doesn't leak out onto your spiffy Dockers polo shirt.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#8]
DDoouubbllee VViissiioonn iiss nnoott aa ggoooodd tthhiinngg. TThhaatt iiss oonnee tthhiinngg II wwaass ttoolldd ttoo wwaattcchh oouutt ffoorr.. IIff tthhaatt hhaappppeennss,, CCAALL TTHHEE DDOOCCTTOORR IIMMEEDDIIAATTLLYY!! HHee mmaayy hhaavvee ssttuuffffeedd ssoommeetthhiinngg iinn yyoouurr ppooooppeerr..
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:50:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
DDoouubbllee VViissiioonn iiss nnoott aa ggoooodd tthhiinngg. TThhaatt iiss oonnee tthhiinngg II wwaass ttoolldd ttoo wwaattcchh oouutt ffoorr.. IIff tthhaatt hhaappppeennss,, CCAALL TTHHEE DDOOCCTTOORR IIMMEEDDIIAATTLLYY!! HHee mmaayy hhaavvee ssttuuffffeedd ssoommeetthhiinngg iinn yyoouurr ppooooppeerr..

And post pics!

They always forget to post the pics!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crap...guess you get to keep your guns, unless you're one of those fellows who had a tragic boating accident

Seriously, good deal. What's the eyedrop cocktail about, how often do you need to dribble stuff into your eyes, etc?

Some antibiotic eyedrops and another to cut down on the cornea swelling.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]
GET OFF THE FRICKIN PUTER AND REST YER EYES DUDE!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Just don't blink or that damn laser will cut your eye lid to sheads. It happened to a friend of a friend. He was in the hosipital for three weeks. They had to cut part of his ass to use skin for reconstructive surgery. Must have hurt like hell.

Don't worry everything will be find.

This happen to a freind of mine also but they took the forskin off his uncircumsized weener and fixed him up

only problem is now he is a little cockeyed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

This happen to a freind of mine also but they took the forskin off his uncircumsized weener and fixed him up

only problem is now he is a little cockeyed.

LMFAO!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn that screws with my eyes.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Update?  How's your peepers doin?  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Update?  How's your peepers doin?  

They are doing great
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#21]
When is your follow-up? Let us know what your vision has improved to I'm thinking about having this surgery done also.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
When is your follow-up? Let us know what your vision has improved to I'm thinking about having this surgery done also.

Have my one week appt on thursday...will let you know.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#23]
My eye doctor told me that I was not a good candidate for LASIK surgery because my eyesight is not bad enough.

To top it off I have monocular diplopia in my left eye (causes me to see a very faint/slight double image), and he said that it would probably only get worse with the surgery. Luckily, my contact lens for that eye fixes it.

I was very let down with that news.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top