Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually... it's the FIRST... so you have no other effort to compare with...

grandmaslam
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
What Winston_Wolf said.

+1

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

grandmaslam

Don't you have a titty bar to open??

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I give up

I will not talk politics again for awhile

Best news I've heard all day
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Wg Winstons post was full of propaganda

Shoot he wants to do this
he wants to do that
he sign things Congress did
thin mighty thin

Not propaganda.  Truths.

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

grandmaslam

Don't you have a titty bar to open??

No... I have a garbageman to annoy...
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Well, its good to have goals...but I'm more amused than annoyed.

Yer the only one with any fight in ya.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, its good to have goals...

That's not really a goal. It's an effect.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, its good to have goals...

That's not really a goal. It's an effect.

Actually,I think its a personality disorder.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am tired of all the old BS about Kerry and Swift Boat crap
I am tired of those that rip a vet.

Tel me what Pres . Bush has done in the last 4 years that you like, all I ask is that it not be connected to 911
to Iraq
or guns.

List them please ???

obviously you haven't paid attention to about 90% of the posts on here over the past 6 months
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#12]
No... that would be people who worship an ancient mythological deity invented when people still believed that lightning was demons breathing fire and the world was flat.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#13]
My candidate could beat your canditade.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
No... that would be people who worship an ancient mythological deity invented when people still believed that lightning was demons breathing fire and the world was flat.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The fool hath said in his heart "There is no God."

Then a gain, some people say it yout loud.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#17]
You mean the one that spoke to GWB in an audible voice and told him to invade Iraq?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#18]
no comment
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You mean the one that spoke to GWB in an audible voice and told him to invade Iraq?

You would have to ask GWB about that. Personally, I've never heard God in an audible voice.

But He has spoken to me thru His word. In a very clear, tho not audible manner.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Those who have not experienced it cannot understand it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#21]
You mean the word that someone else wrote down several thousand years ago, and then was subsequently copied, changed, translated, excerpted, and voted into the existing form by democratic process under the control of the Catholic Church?

mmmkay....
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You mean the word that someone else wrote down several thousand years ago, and then was subsequently copied, changed, translated, excerpted, and voted into the existing form by democratic process under the control of the Catholic Church?

mmmkay....

The version of Scripture I use the Catholic church attempted to burn. Certainly they weren't involved in its propagation.

So, NO, not that version of Scripture.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#23]
God's word has versions?

[this is where I need a mushroom cloud thermonuclear explosion smiley....]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#25]
ibid.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#27]
His daughters are partiers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
God's word has versions?

[this is where I need a mushroom cloud thermonuclear explosion smiley....]

No, man's translation of God's word has versions.

God spoke His word to men ranging from about 6,000 years ago to about 2,000 years ago.

They wrote it down in the Greek and Hebrew languages which we now must translate.

But I suspect you already knew that.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#30]
So it's man's word then.

I ALREADY TOLD YOU DIGDUG!! HIS DAUGHTERS ARE HOT BARFLYS!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#31]
He always stands up for the oil and gas industry.  From which I make a living, as does most of my family for the past sixty years.  Also,  the entire SE corner of NM would not exist, but for the O&G industry.

People always love to slam the O&G industry because it's easy.  Hardly anyone out side of it, knows a damn thing about it.  And most people think we are just out here spending our days polluting everything in sight.  

He is from TX.

He is a fan of the TX Rangers

He believes in right and wrong, even when it's not easy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
So it's man's word then.

!!

If you copy down portions of Homers Iliad on a piece of paper, does that make you the author of the Iliad???

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#33]
No, it makes me the author of that version of it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
AND YOU GUYS LIKE PRESIDENT BUSH BECAUSE...  

Thread author punched out of his own thread.

Hijacks are OK in that case.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I am tired of all the old BS about Kerry and Swift Boat crap

Why do you think it's BS? Kerry hasn't come up with a rebuttal yet - he's working to shut them up (violating the First Amendment in the process). Sounds like Kerry knows that it's all true. Plus, if he's trying to legally silence those who criticize him while he's campaigning, what do you think he's going to do to his critics if he is President?

I am tired of those that rip a vet.

Kerry's entire Senate career is based on ripping vets and destroying the military and intelligence agencies. If you don't like ripping vets, why don't you rip Kerry for it?

Tel me what Pres . Bush has done in the last 4 years that you like, all I ask is that it not be connected to 911
to Iraq
or guns.

List them please ???

Now that's ridiculous. How can you come on a forum for gun owners and ask us to defend a politician without mentioning his record on guns? There are a lot of people here who vote solely based on the candidate's support of the Second Amendment, and you want us to just ignore it.

And then WW posts a huge list of things Bush has done, and you dismiss it all without addressing a single point. Did you even read more then a couple of lines of it?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:15:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
No, it makes me the author of that version of it.

Yes it does and those are called "versions."

But the Source of the document remains the same. Homer will always be the author of the Iliad.

God will always be the Author of teh Bible.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:15:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#38]
My version is better than your version.

And for the record... the only reason I posted in this thread to begin with is because bandageman called me out with some bullshit. Otherwise, I would have left it go.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

The word of God is like a road map.

You can make your own map, but if it ain't right, it won't get you to the correct destination.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
DAMN!!!!! From the list above, Bush has done more in 4 years then Kerry has done in umm what , 25years?  Thats why im voteing for Bush. If kerry gets in office, the soverenty of our nation is at risk. Kerry will once and for all group us under total UN control. Hes already said he would never enact a war without UN consent. The UN is already pushing for GLOBAL gun control. If you dont believe me visit the UNs website. Kerry will without a doubt be part of that gun control. Plain and simple, FUCK KERRY and all those who support him, and all those who TRY to make him look like a saint. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll second that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The word of God is like a road map.

You can make your own map, but if it ain't right, it won't get you to the correct destination.

I'm right. My version of God told me so.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I'm right. My version of God told me so.

I guess I'll have to take your word for that.

You'll have to live (eternally) with the consequences of your choice.

Choose well.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#44]
You on the other hand ETH... YOU are annoyed.... it seeths within you to even see my screenname next to a post....

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

There was a time that this was not so. It has been so long ago, though, not even I can remember the day.

Eric The(AndThat'sAFact,Jack)Hun

You gotta wonder what happenned. He was always kinda edgy, and I liked that about him, but lately, he doesn't seem like the same guy.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:35:16 PM EDT
[#47]
I think the day was the very first day I started to dissent against the extremist, near talibanesque attitude of the far right which prevails in the current GOP, and stated that I was not going to succumb to such propoganda and stay closer to the center.

Yep... that was the day.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You on the other hand ETH... YOU are annoyed.... it seeths within you to even see my screenname next to a post....

Wrong, yet again, Ben!

Amused, yes, as Garandman says, but hardly annoyed!

And your Board name in a thread is a source for neverending amusement....lately.

There was a time that this was not so. It has been so long ago, though, not even I can remember the day.

Eric The(AndThat'sAFact,Jack)Hun

ETH this is not a political thing so I will say it

Obsession compulsion -- learn of it, seek help. It isn't to late.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I think the day was the very first day I started to dissent against the extremist, near talibanesque attitude of the far right which prevails in the current GOP, and stated that I was not going to succumb to such propoganda and stay closer to the center.

Yep... that was the day.

Yeah, the "extreme right" is cutting off heads of its oppostion.

When you use hyperbole to the extreme, YOU look like the zealot.

It would seem you have created a phantom boogeyman to suit your own need to vent anger against God.

My opinion.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#50]
No... I'll tell you when it was. It was the day that the Patriot Act came here to me, not in media or esoteric political ideology. But the day I was served a subpoena by a federal judge to compel evidence in a federal trial wherein a convicted criminal was attempting to throw his conviction based on the possibility that a juror MAY have posted to a website that I control.

The defense used the Patriot Act to compel my testimony, tear up servers that I own, destroy my property, to find nothing... because I don't keep server logs -- but they didn't believe me.

So they kept my rightful property from me, and did not compensate me for my lost time in restoring my services.

All with the blessing of a federal judge who eventually conceded that I was telling the truth -- I had nothing for them.

Yep, that was the day.

Yes, I'm a different person because I've been directly affected by the compromise of our civil rights. I have experienced what was supposed to 'only be used in terrorism situations'. Riiight.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top