Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2001 6:01:44 PM EDT
Im installing a new barrel on my upper and ive run into a slight problem, at 50 lbs of torque the barrel nut is not in a position where I can get the gas tube into the upper(one of the teeth are in the way) do i back off and end up with less than 50 lbs of torque or do I continue turning the nut until the tooth is clear but in doing so over torque the barrel?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure you want to ask this question???
Go here:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=25565#lastPost[/url]
this may help somewhat.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I get the picture thank you.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Our T.O.'s in the Air Force state "30-80 ft-lbs". Many times I have torqued to 80 ft-lbs to clear the barrel nut, and I have never had a problem. If you prefer not to torque the nut that tight, you could always grind a tooth off the nut for your gas tube to clear with a dremel... of course, this is a no-no in the military, but it works fine. Good luck...
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top