Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:52:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It's a combat zone with snipers everywhere. Give the guy a break. Besides, there is nobody behind the weapon.

I don't think that is a barret. The brake on the end looks .50-ish though. Maybe a MacMillan .50?

In any case, our snipers are probably having a real field day out there. The only question I have is why we haven't put snipers around where this Sadr guy surfaces and popped him yet.

Paging Carlos Hathcock....

The shape of the stock doesnt look very Barretish to me as well.  Looks more MacMillanish to me
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:55:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:58:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This one scares me. No chance until it's too late.cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51197572.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE9A21091711E5AD1E9E5D7EAF2EB918497757C85AE85A779B

This guy probably has some formal training, but he should move back so that his muzzle isn't sticking out. The dumbass will probably get nailed by a 50 AP round coming thru the wall.

WELL, I certainely hope so fucking scumbag madi fucker!   Ma Deuce, get some baby!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What rifle is in the backround? This guy MUST be a qualified sniper, or one must be in the room. Ordinary grunts wouldn't carry a weapon like that.

From the brake, it looks like the Barret semi-auto .50 cal.  I'm sure there's a sniper in the group, but I'm not sure who.  I can probably find out whose rifle that is on Monday, but the best you'll get out of me is "that guy's" or "his battle buddy's" or "someone in his squad."  I'm not going to publically attach names to any of these guys.

Can ya at least Y/N that they are some kinda specops?

Definintely not SpecOps.  Oregon Army National Guard Infantrymen.  Granted, there's a lot of experience in the platoon, though.

The PSG graduated Ranger School 1st-time-Go at 38 years old.  He was active duty 82nd for a while before going Guard.  The WSL spent like 6 years in a Ranger BN (I think 3rd), and has taught the PLT a bunch of RNGR SOP MOUT stuff.  One of the TLs spent 3 or 4 years in a Ranger Bat.  One of the SLs is a cop in my town (when he's not deployed) and when he zeroes his rifle before qualifying, all six rounds make a single ragged hole on the paper.  Has only qualified 40/40 his entire career.  A couple of the Joes in the PLT are tabbed, too.  One of them's back here, now, due to shrapnel injuries (took a 4" chunk out of his shoulder).

And that's just in one platoon.  Needless to say, I'm proud of the men with whom I've served.  I sometimes wish I'd been able to go with them.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top