Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If the cops had tased him or shot his dog or stomped him, those on this board who are praising the vigilantes would be calling for the cops heads.  Your double standards at work.  I guess a little street justice is ok with some only so long as its done by strippers and 19 year olds who like to screw underage girls (15).  Just a note, this is a relatively middle/upper middle class neighborhood.  Where the 15 year old lives is like 40 miles away.  Peeping on little ones is pretty sick, but better he stands trial than this kid now loses her mother to the prison system.

Amen!  That guy is a sick piece of trash, but once they subdued him, they should have called the police and waited.  Anything beyond that is inexcusable by either LEOs or civilians.  We are a civilized nation aren't we?

Well you're most obviously staying true to Captain Picard's persona.

At least you didn't shit hammer me for my opinion.  I'm really not as civilized as the real (fictional) Picard is.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Neither side in this case represents particularly glowing examples of humanity - strippers v. perp. The "posse" didn't exactly helped their own futures by acting this way, but the "treatment" & release method hasn't shown itself to be particularly effective in dealing w/ perps, given their avg. recidivism rate, which is fractionally close to 100%. Curious to see how a jury responds to this?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There is a way to do things and a way to do things -- they did not do it properly.

Like putting the "not" in the second "a way to do things"?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Btw.  I saw just go ahead and send all of them but the 15-yr-old to the frying chair and turn off the life support for the pedophile.

America doesn't need any people like any of that here.

(Go Texas and it's death penalty.  Now all we need to do is SPEED IT UP!)
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If the cops had tased him or shot his dog or stomped him, those on this board who are praising the vigilantes would be calling for the cops heads.  Your double standards at work.  I guess a little street justice is ok with some only so long as its done by strippers and 19 year olds who like to screw underage girls (15).  Just a note, this is a relatively middle/upper middle class neighborhood.  Where the 15 year old lives is like 40 miles away.  Peeping on little ones is pretty sick, but better he stands trial than this kid now loses her mother to the prison system.

That's because they dont represent an oppresive gooberment.

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They could have called the police after beating him, and their case would have been helped quite a bit.

I hope the guy dies, and a jury finds the perps guilty of being stupid, and give them a $100 reward.

Kicking his ass during the process of holding him for the cops is one thing.  A big thumbs up & all that.
Stomping him into a greasy spot, leaving then coming back for a 2nd round of ass kicking the already downed perv, sodomizing him with a tree branch, leaving him to die, (supposedly) discussing where to dump the body if he did die & trying to eliminate the videotape evidence though??  

I agree.  He needed his butt kicked, but this was over-the-top.  Had he so much as touched the girl (not that's he's not the type that would), then I'd say stomp him into a greasy puddle.  But this sick piece of crap was just "peeping".  He didn't rape the girl, but he sure got butt raped in return.  Using the same logic, I guess someone should go butt rape Athena Lemieux (the one that used the stick) except use a 2' long stick this time.  It just seems really messed up to teach a pervert a lesson by doing perverted things to him.  

CR

Anyone wanna guess what this often leads to?

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:06:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Fuckin I hope the bastard conks it and that the people get off free.

I hate sick fuckers
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:11:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe if the perp makes it he'll think twice before going after a little kid again...
Naaaahhh...forget it.  He won't.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:02:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Ya know, I'm all for the beating or him resisting arrest in the back of the Police Wagon, I think giving him a feel of what it's like with the tree branch is a little off.

but I can't say I'm that concerned about his feelings though, even for a relatively liberal Welsh guy. Hope they get a tap on the wrist.

Rectum, hell I hope it kills'em.

and that's just brilliant

/PHil
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:11:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Police said one of the suspects rationalized their behavior saying, "It was not the smartest thing we've done . . . But he deserved it."

HaHaHaHaHa!  Nice quote!  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:54:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.  He needed his butt kicked, but this was over-the-top.  Had he so much as touched the girl (not that's he's not the type that would), then I'd say stomp him into a greasy puddle.  But this sick piece of crap was just "peeping".  He didn't rape the girl, but he sure got butt raped in return.  Using the same logic, I guess someone should go butt rape Athena Lemieux (the one that used the stick) except use a 2' long stick this time.  It just seems really messed up to teach a pervert a lesson by doing perverted things to him.  

CR

S.O.

Um, if you'll notice I said "Had he so much as touched the girl (not that he's not the type that would)..."  Meaning, I also agree he's capable of worse.

I don't think anyone is saying this guy is an angel.  But you can't send some to the chair today because they MIGHT kill someone tomorrow.

Like someone else stated - that's just one side of the story anyway.  Maybe they made up the deal about the 5 year old thinking they'd get off easier.  Maybe he could see through her bedroom door to where the other women were?

I'm not upset about it - just think it was a tad extreme.

CR
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

<snip>

CR

You have any daughters?

My standard post for child molestor threads:  "Blowtorch and pliers."

Hope he dies.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:07:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Might want to learn to read a little better. He was looking at and masturbating to a sleeping 5 year old outside her window. I'd be willing to bet that there are other things we don't know about that this guy has done. I personally wouldn't have killed him but I'd have beat him within an inch of his life.

Isn't that pretty much what happened to him?  

Did he deserve it?  Probably, and what he didn't get now he may get from Bubba.
Does this give (more) legitimate defensive actions by private citizens a bad name?  YES.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:15:08 AM EDT
[#14]
 If you guys had ever read the papers here in AZ, we have an inordinate amount of these bastards loose on our streets causing all kinds of horrible mayhem....it certainly appears that this bum got caught red handed WITH his pants down and he PAID.   I am certainly glad....personally, I think these folks deserve an award.  Fuck that chomo....hee hee, oh wait, they already did!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:27:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CR

S.O.

Um, if you'll notice I said "Had he so much as touched the girl (not that he's not the type that would)..."  Meaning, I also agree he's capable of worse.

I don't think anyone is saying this guy is an angel.  But you can't send some to the chair today because they MIGHT kill someone tomorrow.

Like someone else stated - that's just one side of the story anyway.  Maybe they made up the deal about the 5 year old thinking they'd get off easier.  Maybe he could see through her bedroom door to where the other women were?

CR

Did you read the article, the police have video of the guy wacking off. This does not mean he deserves to die. The beating tell me a father here who would not  just shot his ass and be done with it. I have no sympathy for pedophiles, wacking off to a five year old girl.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:45:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

CR

You have any daughters?

YES!  

I have one.  If I'd caught this punk in my yard doing what he was doing, I'd tackle him, put a knee in his back, and call for a black-n-white taxi.  If he wanted to put up a fight, he just go to jail tired and bloody.  I definitely wouldn't tell my wife to look for a twig to shove up his ass.

CR
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:50:13 AM EDT
[#17]
they would have prob. been just fine if they had just beat the hell out of him, but the sexual assualt thing is just bizzare and will prob. be their downfall.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:51:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CR

Did you read the article, the police have video of the guy wacking off. This does not mean he deserves to die. The beating tell me a father here who would not  just shot his ass and be done with it. I have no sympathy for pedophiles, wacking off to a five year old girl.

Yep, I read it - did you read ALL of my reply?

I said "MAYBE" he could see into the rest of the house through the kid's open bedroom door and was really getting off on looking at her momma.  I don't know that and you don't.  But yeah, it appears he was looking at the kid.  Still, I don't condone butt raping him with a stick!

And this is one father that loves his daughter enough to want to be around to raise her.  So, heck no, I wouldn't have SHOT him.

Don't get me wrong.  I have NO sympathy for him either.  But I'll also have very little for the stripper that shove the stick up his butt.

CR
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
they would have prob. been just fine if they had just beat the hell out of him, but the sexual assualt thing is just bizzare and will prob. be their downfall.

Exactly!  That's the point where they crossed the line IMO.

CR
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If the cops had tased him or shot his dog or stomped him, those on this board who are praising the vigilantes would be calling for the cops heads.  Your double standards at work.  I guess a little street justice is ok with some only so long as its done by strippers and 19 year olds who like to screw underage girls (15).  Just a note, this is a relatively middle/upper middle class neighborhood.  Where the 15 year old lives is like 40 miles away.  

Oh, I doubt that.  Child Molesters are pretty much hated around here.

They have done so in the past.  I distinctly remember a multi-page thread by the usual crowd,  concerning a Felony sexual abuser, an armed standoff, and a murdered officer.  Possibly somewhere in Oklahoma.

As for the "Part time" strippers, anyone want to place bets where they derive the rest of thier income?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:56:27 AM EDT
[#21]
I believe a little "Jury Nullification" would be in order in this case.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#22]
the pervert probably use to do this stuff all the time, it's just that he got caught this time.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:14:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
At least all the cats got home safe that night.

Yeah, as long as all the cuddly, fuzzy kitties went home safe it's okay.

Seriously though, I can't imagine why they beat this guy and sodomized him nearly to death. Maybe if they had just given him some food, or invited him into their lives he could have been the greatest friend they've known.

At the very worst they should have live-trapped him and turned him over to animal control police.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they made up the deal about the 5 year old thinking they'd get off easier.  Maybe he could see through her bedroom door to where the other women were?

If that were true, he'd have known it when that many started heading out the door, plus someone would have looked that direction before running out there.
  He put these events in motion, so he's gotta take what he gets.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#25]
I think they should get the money the state would have spent while he was in prison and getting ass raped.

Not Guilty on all charges.

Now, go fuckin whack off to another 5 yr old, I dare ya.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:32:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Not that I'm on the Peeping Tom's side or anything, but did it ever occur to anyone that he may have been looking for the mom ? I mean after all, she did have a party the night before
and doesn't look too bad.

It's possible that he was looking in the window, not being able to see anything clearly but fantasizing about Mom when they nabbed him.

Not saying that what he did was OK or anything, but it this WAS the case, then death seems a bit harsh to me.

Ed
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they made up the deal about the 5 year old thinking they'd get off easier.  Maybe he could see through her bedroom door to where the other women were?

If that were true, he'd have known it when that many started heading out the door, plus someone would have looked that direction before running out there.
  He put these events in motion, so he's gotta take what he gets.

In a later post, I stated that he was probably looking at the girl.  So, I'm not really arguing that's what he was doing (just thinking outloud, i guess).

But (since you brought it up), if you're looking into my living room, you can't see what the people in the kitchen are doing.   The exit I use most is in the kitchen.

CR
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If the cops had tased him or shot his dog or stomped him, those on this board who are praising the vigilantes would be calling for the cops heads. Your double standards at work. I guess a little street justice is ok with some only so long as its done by strippers and 19 year olds who like to screw underage girls (15). Just a note, this is a relatively middle/upper middle class neighborhood. Where the 15 year old lives is like 40 miles away. Peeping on little ones is pretty sick, but better he stands trial than this kid now loses her mother to the prison system

No, I think we'd all be trying to give the cop a medal. I'm pretty sure stomping pervs who beat off to 5-year olds is just fine with everyone here.

However, tasing guys trying to get home and shooting dogs indiscriminately might make us ask a few questions.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I agree. It turned pretty damn shady/deviant when they sodomized him and talked of dumping the body.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Not that I'm on the Peeping Tom's side or anything, but did it ever occur to anyone that he may have been looking for the mom ? I mean after all, she did have a party the night before

It's possible that he was looking in the window, not being able to see anything clearly but fantasizing about Mom when they nabbed him.

Not saying that what he did was OK or anything, but it this WAS the case, then death seems a bit harsh to me.

Ed

He was masturbating while looking at the 5 year old as she slept.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:43:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Why am I doing this...

What if, on the off chance, the guy was just taking a leak and the psycho stripper woman, or whomever misinterpreted what was taking place?  This is why vigilantism is a bad idea.  And no, I don't support wack jobs who victimize children, it's just that the credibility of the accusers is not so good, you know?   Last week, she was probably up on child endangerment charges herself.

I keep thinking back to that incident in NYC where the cop shoved a broom handle up the ass of that guy Louima.  What sadistic glee these people have when they find some way to rationalize expressing their own animal instincts.  No matter what the guy did, it doesn't really justify sadism.  Two wrongs and all that.

But either way, I don't think the guy will be going near any windows, for whatever purpose, anytime soon.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ed

You do NOT know that for a fact. You are interpreting what the people who beat the hell out of him said. He may not have been able to see anything.  I'm not saying that he wasn't, but don't take everything the victims say as gospel.  It's quite possible that he was looking for Mom (much more probably) and they simply caught him.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#33]
well, all  i got to say is that had it been my kids being watched by this pervert ........
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ed

You do NOT know that for a fact. You are interpreting what the people who beat the hell out of him said. He may not have been able to see anything.  I'm not saying that he wasn't, but don't take everything the victims say as gospel.  It's quite possible that he was looking for Mom (much more probably) and they simply caught him.

Read the report again. There were 4 cameras that showed what he was doing.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ed

Read the report again. There were 4 cameras that showed what he was doing.

The cameras saw that he was looking in the window. The cameras have no idea as to what he was seeing. Even if it was the kids window, Mom could have been in there at the same time.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
The cameras saw that he was looking in the window. The cameras have no idea as to what he was seeing. Even if it was the kids window, Mom could have been in there at the same time.

At 4:10 a.m., the video shows that Russo walked up to the apartment window of the room where Umstott's 5-year-old daughter was sleeping and looked in.

At 4:21 a.m., Phipps went to his car to get a CD and noticed Russo standing in the bushes next to the bedroom window facing Ridge Road. Russo was masturbating with his pants partially down.

Yes, mom was in her sleeping daughter's room for 11 minutes hanging out and partying with friends. Note, the exact times are included, as they were recorded on camera. Using the logic that they are reporting what is fact as the camera recorded it, I doubt they would throw in allegations as stated by the now arrested defendants. The report seems to state these things as fact and as caught on camera.

Edited to add: I'm also sure mommy would have noticed a strange man standing outside her window jerking off. Also, I'm sure the video shows that at least he can see in, because again, they state it as fact.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:54:29 AM EDT
[#37]
The article spoke of charges for the group that beat him, but what charges is Russo facing. And are the police investigating to see if Russo had done anything else?

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Yes, mom was in her sleeping daughter's room for 11 minutes hanging out and partying with friends. Note, the exact times are included, as they were recorded on camera. Using the logic that they are reporting what is fact as the camera recorded it, I doubt they would throw in allegations as stated by the now arrested defendants. The report seems to state these things as fact and as caught on camera.

Edited to add: I'm also sure mommy would have noticed a strange man standing outside her window jerking off. Also, I'm sure the video shows that at least he can see in, because again, they state it as fact.

You still haven't proven that he was looking at the kid! He was looking in the kid's window, yeah. I'm not disputing any of the facts reported on tape. But no where does it prove that he was looking at the kid while whacking off. Kid could have been long asleep in the bed and he's looking through the open inner door into the party room.

Any what does "I'm sure mommy would have noticed a strange man standing outside her window jerking off" mean ???  He's perverted, not stupid. Don't ya bet he was hiding ???

Edited to say  I'm just trying to say that you'd better be damn sure of the facts before using deadly force.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
The article spoke of charges for the group that beat him, but what charges is Russo facing. And are the police investigating to see if Russo had done anything else?

No one is going to bother pursuing charges until they see if he's going to live.   Not much point in the paperwork otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Any what does "I'm sure mommy would have noticed a strange man standing outside her window jerking off" mean ???  He's perverted, not stupid. Don't ya bet he was hiding ???

Edited to say  I'm just trying to say that you'd better be damn sure of the facts before using deadly force.

Somebody in what was most likely a drunken and drugged state saw him while walking to their car to get something.

I'm not sure why you think what was in the police report is not accurate and why your own personal plausible explanation for the events is more likely what happened, given the fact that you have not seen the video or ever spoken with any witnesses.

Legally however, this is not even close to justification for deadly force at all, whether you or I are correct.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top