Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2001 10:33:37 AM EDT
I've been thinking about putting a pistol grip stock on my 590, and am wondering if any of you can give advise on what's best.  I've heard that the Speedfeed stocks are good.  I like the Speedfeed IVs.  I'd like to be able to use a recoil reducer on it as well.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#1]
This one sounds very intersting:

[url]www.knoxx.com/product/COPstock.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got a speedfeed 4 on my Rem 870.  It would be very hard to go back to the regular stock.  I rarely used the shell holder in the stock and woul prob just get the model 3 (solid stock w/pistol grip) next time.  

Overall, I love mine.

scottMO
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Be careful, a friend of mine put a pistol grip on his 870. We went out to a public range and started shooting at random targets. I was able to hit everything with my Win Defender full stock, he missed about half of his shots so he tried to aim the 870 and almost knocked his teeth out. From the hip pistol grips work ok, but you really can't get a true aim at your target without risking your face.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
This one sounds very intersting:

[url]www.knoxx.com/product/COPstock.html[/url]
View Quote

Interesting?  Yes.  But since I don't envision myself shooting much in full body armour, I'll leave the U shaped bruises to someone else.  Besides, it's not available for the 590 yet.  And $130, YIKES!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Be careful, a friend of mine put a pistol grip on his 870. We went out to a public range and started shooting at random targets. I was able to hit everything with my Win Defender full stock, he missed about half of his shots so he tried to aim the 870 and almost knocked his teeth out. From the hip pistol grips work ok, but you really can't get a true aim at your target without risking your face.
View Quote

I'm not talking about a pistol grip only.  I mean a conspicuous pistol grip protruding from the bottom of the firearm.  Much like an AR15.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Mossberg 500, I use the Choate full length pistol grip stock. It comes with three adjusting inserts and a nice think shoulder pad.
I think it works great, I would suggest it for anyone who wants to have a pistol gripped full length stock.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#7]
[img]www.uws.com/adj_pg_stock.gif[/img]
This stock is adjustable with spacers and cost is about $62 on this site-----------------------------[url]http://www.uws.com/CHOATE/AdjustablePGStocks.html[/url]

Is this what your talking about above?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, that's the idea.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#9]
[url]http://choatemachinetool.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I use my 590 for my under-the-bed gun. It's purpose is a close quarters home defense weapon only, so I went with double pistol grips. The photo below is what I have. The accessories are all TacStar. I love it! Some people think the kick is too much for this set up....I TOTALLY disagree. It's easily controled, and is just short enough to be effective in the confines of most houses.
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1242673&a=9213640&p=32474503[/img]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#12]
So does the pistol grip get in the way of the slide release button?  Or can you reach it with your thumb?

Link Posted: 6/1/2001 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Hmmmm,
Looks dorky?
I dunno about you, I would rather have something that works vice having something that dosen't "look dorky".

Muad_Dib,
You can't get to the slide release button if you are holding the shotgun by the pistol grip.
You have to release the slide button before you put your hand on the grip to shoot it and before you get a cheekweld going.
I will grasp the shotgun by the forend with my left hand and support the back of the shotgun under the trigger guard with my right hand. I'll extend my middle finger and use it to reach around to depress the slide release, then as I am racking the forend I'll shift my grip to the pistol grip and by the time I am done chambering a round my right hand is on the pistol grip and my trigger finger is at the ready.
One thing you have to make sure of and that's make sure the screw that is inside the chamber is not too tight or else the slide release button will not reset.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top