BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

That is sure to make some heads explode.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There was some Russian unit a few years back that had Confederate battle flags on their armor.
View Quote

Was it the flag of Novorossiya? Or a legit battle flag?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you're trying to persuade, cover up or direct the details of the story, you're not a journalist. You're a fucking hack.
View Quote
This is what my take from all this is. I have no dog in the fight and couldn't care less of either side but this points out the propaganda machine that is us journalism.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you're trying to persuade, cover up or direct the details of the story, you're not a journalist. You're a fucking hack.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

In the trench fight video a few weeks back they translated "Faggots" into "Orcs" so this probably isn't far off.
View Quote
And the leftist were commenting "I hope the Ukrainians soldiers aren't using homophobic language"

They are, pidor.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nope. It was a Confederate battle flag with the stars and gold fringe.

Very similar. I got a picture of it somewhere on my phone.
View Quote
Considering where we live and the sheer volume of the flags we have seen I figured you were sure lol.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#11]

I'm sick of pussy footing around with this issue.  

Azov battalion, with flags.  My Ukrainian Russian teacher who has a Jewish grandmother, I guess that makes her 1/4 didn't even give a single damn when I showed her photos like these.  She supports pretty much anyone fighting against the Russian military, and I was taken a bit aback by it myself, but considering she fled Kiev the day the missiles started coming down, it's not so surprising.  Azov may have actual neo nazis in it, but they also fly the flags the Russians hate, NATO, and the flag of Nazi Germany that flooded into western Russia and ground division after division of Red Army to dust.  Well, I have a good deal of German ancestry myself, I hate communists, and communism.  Hitler wanted to "gouge Moscow from the earth", Patton wanted to march east after Nazi Germany was defeated.  The USSR wasn't properly dismantled, and look at the shit we have now.  Any American who sides with Russia in this war is a traitor and enemy as far as I'm concerned, including to the US.  If Russia decided to just drop every ruse and directly attack the Baltic countries tomorrow, I doubt all the American Russia lovers would change their tune.  I'd shove them into camps, just like the Japanese during the last war, gladly.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Pre project mockingbird. It's all been lies and propaganda since
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if there was ever a time when journalists just reported what was going on instead of trying to control what was going on.

Pre project mockingbird. It's all been lies and propaganda since

LOL, propaganda in the United States media has existed as long as the United States has.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm sick of all this fucking pussyfooting around.

https://i.ibb.co/wYXWrHJ/Azovwithflags.jpg

Azov battalion, with flags.  My Ukrainian Russian teacher who has a Jewish grandmother, I guess that makes her 1/4 didn't even give a single damn when I showed her photos like these.  She supports pretty much anyone fighting against the Russian military, and I was taken a bit aback by it myself, but considering she fled Kiev the day the missiles started coming down, it's not so surprising.  Azov may have actual neo nazis in it, but they also fly the flags the Russians hate, NATO, and the flag of Nazi Germany that flooded into western Russia and ground division after division of Red Army to dust.  Well, I have a good deal of German ancestry myself, I hate communists, and communism.  Hitler wanted to "gouge Moscow from the earth", Patton wanted to march east after Nazi Germany was defeated.  The USSR wasn't properly dismantled, and look at the shit we have now.  Any American who sides with Russia in this war is a traitor and enemy as far as I'm concerned, including to the US.  If Russia decided to just drop every ruse and directly attack the Baltic countries tomorrow, I doubt all the American Russia lovers would change their tune.  I'd shove them into camps, just like the Japanese during the last war, gladly.
View Quote

Pissing off the enemy is always fun
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm sick of all this fucking pussyfooting around.

View Quote

I've always said I supported stopping Russian expansionism 80 years before it was cool
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#15]
In this thread, we find out who doesn’t know what “Not the Bee” is.

I’ll give you a hint. If Babylon Bee posts parody news, Not the Bee is the slightly less funny but still not true sister site for people who believe everything they read on the internet.

Oh and their “slightly true” source is ZeroHedge.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well Patton wanted to use the Nazis to kill the Russian commies so there is precedent...
View Quote

GD wouldn't have been so divided today had we just gone along with Patton's plan. Fuck!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The unsensational reason is it's not but nor does it not have Nazi sympathizers either. I guess sorta like that West Point commie kid we had.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The unsensational reason is it's not but nor does it not have Nazi sympathizers either. I guess sorta like that West Point commie kid we had.

For many months, the Russian propaganda tactic was to point to Azov battalion and scream "see, look, here is a group of Neo-Nazis fighting for Ukraine!" with the implication that all Ukrainian military, maybe even Ukrainian society itself, was infested with neo-Nazis.

Quoted:
Ironic that an invading army that rapes and murders Ukrainian civilians behind their lines is trying to play the moral high ground card.

About this....I saw a video on youtube with some Ukrainian soldiers joking about some dead Russians they or some others had killed recently, one says, in reference to the bodies not far away, "Mama, come and get him".  It's about the same level as some American soldiers or marines pissing on dead Taliban, if that, but I'm sure Ukrainian soldiers have committed war crimes.  The US and Britain firebombed civilians en mass last world war, they didn't gas helpless people by the millions, shoot them, but still......at some point, who cares about moral high ground.  Just win the fucking war.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I’ll give you a hint. If Babylon Bee posts parody news, Not the Bee is the slightly less funny but still not true sister site for people who believe everything they read on the internet.

View Quote

So you are saying some Ukraine units don’t use Nazi symbolism? I think it is pretty well established and known that they do. The only question is what response if any it warrants. That answer varies of course on your opinions of the war.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

For many months, the Russian propaganda tactic was to point to Azov battalion and scream "see, look, here is a group of Neo-Nazis fighting for Ukraine!" with the implication that all Ukrainian military, maybe even Ukrainian society itself, was infested with neo-Nazis.
View Quote

You can point to any country on the planet and find nazis, including Russia and the USA. Hell, I remember when I was in high school, the small town near ours let the KKK hold a march down the main street. Does that mean all of America is KKK? No. Remember when US scout snipers were using SS symbols? Does that mean the entire military is nazis? No. Just like Azov doesn’t mean Ukraine is full of nazis and it doesn’t justify Russia’s invasion, destruction, and genocide. 30 years ago, the same people on this website who are REEEEEEing over Azov probably would have supported the Scout snipers and told the liberals to fuck off, because there are bigger enemies out there
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#20]
So I’m a little lost. So is wearing the Nazi symbol not a big deal or is it a big deal? I don’t know anymore.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So you are saying some Ukraine units don’t use Nazi symbolism? I think it is pretty well established and known that they do. The only question is what response if any it warrants. That answer varies of course on your opinions of the war.
View Quote

A small section does, or did. Hell, when Germany invaded during WW2, large amounts of Ukrainians took up arms with the Germans against the Russians. So the countries have a very long twisted history. If the Russians invaded, would I dust off grandpa’s war flag? Probably not, but I can see how somebody would be motivated to.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In this thread, we find out who doesn't know what "Not the Bee" is.

I'll give you a hint. If Babylon Bee posts parody news, Not the Bee is the slightly less funny but still not true sister site for people who believe everything they read on the internet.

Oh and their "slightly true" source is ZeroHedge.
View Quote

https://notthebee.com/article/welcome-to-not-the-bee

Not the Bee is a humor-based news, opinion, and entertainment site from the creators of The Babylon Bee and Disrn. Like the name suggests, it'll feature some absurd and hilarious (but real) news that seems like it should definitely be satire.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
There was some Russian unit a few years back that had Confederate battle flags on their armor.
View Quote

The St. Andrews Cross you see on the "Confederate flag", the battle flag of the army of Northern Virginia, is historically also used by the Russian navy, and that is probably why it was on the flag of the forces of Novorossiya, the name they gave to the region made up of Donetsk and Luhansk provinces they were trying to break off from Ukraine.  Maybe they were making some sort of reference to the American civil war by way of the fact that the two provinces were rebelling against Kiev just like the Confederacy rebelled against Washington.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensign_of_the_Russian_Navy#:~:text=The%20flag%20has%20a%20white,be%20added%20to%20the%20flag.

The flag of Novorossiya which was used by its forces, and maybe some are still using it somewhere.  Like a confederate battle flag, but no white stars.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except "not the bee" actually cites this article... https://news.yahoo.com/nazi-symbols-ukraine-front-lines-114825778.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall   (left cold)
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#25]
When will the globohomo psyops stop. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

You already live in a totalitarian camp. Maybe that explains your desire to deny others of their right to their own opinion and drink the narrative that the Dem Gov't has provided you.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are completely wrong about “Not the Bee”.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Does Ukraine now have a secret flying saucer base in Antarctica?
View Quote

That's the USAF. Haven't you seen the training films?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You already live in a totalitarian camp. Maybe that explains your desire to deny others of their right to their own opinion and drink the narrative that the Dem Gov't has provided you.
View Quote

Bingo.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Bingo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.

Yeah, that was a pretty frightening rant from a "conservative."   Putting people in camps for having a different opinion than them...where have we seen that before?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah, that was a pretty frightening rant from a "conservative."   Putting people in camps for having a different opinion than them...where have we seen that before?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.

World war 2 America where the DemonCrats put Japanese people un unconstitutional Concentration Camps
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Trump wants to build “cities” for only conservatives?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#33]
They should emmulate the Spanish Blue Division who fought for the Nazis aganist the Russians. They were some commie killing machines

The current uniform would serve the Nazis and the LGBTQ at the same time.

Desfile de La Legión en el Día de la Fiesta Nacional - Paso de Marcha Legionario
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh fuck the Dem government....sure they support Ukraine, they fuck pretty much everything else up they touch.  The republicans don't do much better.  The dem government that runs my state, its medical board, failed to revoke permanently the license of the quack psychiatrist who ruined my life starting back in 2018, despite the fact he lied to the same medical board during their investigation of his conduct.  They simply slapped a 90 day suspension on him.....that's my opinion of the dem government, and the government in general.

And all of you that think Russia is some freedom loving paradise where you can own pretty much any firearm you want either need to do your own research, or you're too blinded by your hatred of the west/US/current American government that you would simply say that any evidence presented that Russia is in many, so many ways a totalitarian state where they will actually currently jail you for saying the wrong thing is a lie.  I found my first Russian teacher who was and likely still is in Russia after 17 years.....in the deepest darkest pit of depression, online, and could talk with her for about 4-5 months, and then she went dark, stopped talking entirely because as she told me, and I had already read, "you can't even call it a war".  For months calling the war by the Russian word for war, voyna, could at the least get you a visit from the authorities.  You had to call it a "spetsnaya voinskaya operatsiya", a special military operation.  You can bitch about gays, minorities, and not being able to say what you want to about them all day long, at least in the US people are almost never actually ending up in prison simply because they used the word "faggot" or something worse, but there, try and protest against the war, at all, and you'll find yourself in a Russian prison very quickly.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

super confused - if Ukraine is full of Nazi's why did they elect and still support a Jewish president?
View Quote

I'm guessing that the Nazi Swastika is the most anti Russian symbolism Ukrainian solders can think of.  Wear the symbol of your enemies most feared enemy kind of thing.  Likely not aware of the negative connotations it has in the west.  I seriously doubt there are many real Nazi's in Ukraine...

Just my shit house opinion.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

World war 2 America where the DemonCrats put Japanese people un unconstitutional Concentration Camps
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.

Also pretty frightenning and wrong. You'd think some woul dhave learned a lesson from that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#38]
If anyone has a Kindle....read the book "Valhalla Express"... Written by a former Azov member. It's available for free or was!

It'll answer many questions you might have and give insight and history on the formation of this unit!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

We need these as stickers. Put them everywhere.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Also pretty frightenning and wrong. You'd think some woul dhave learned a lesson from that.
View Quote

You think the world has changed much?  Not enough, I'm so sick of these retards, and especially American, but to an extent European too, (and I know you're not one of them) that genuinely support Russia, that I'm ready to do the same to them.  Of course it was horrible, but the universe is a cold place, and people living here should remember that perhaps more than just some of the old, iron spirit of America lives on in this nation.  Some lawmakers in Texas and Florida floated some bills which would have denied the ability to purchase property to Russian and Chinese immigrants recently.  That's shades of the America that fought, and was one of the victorious powers in the second world war, and it's also a reminder that things could, in a way, go that way again, and traitors would not be dealt kindly with.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Meh, I get that most of the Nazi regalia is about trying to look like edglords and convey a honeybadger "We hate you so much we'll wear Swastika shit!"

And it goes deeper than that apparently, the CEO of Wagner has all those SS runes and rank diamonds tattooed on him. If more for the self-important "I'm just that much of a bad-ass!"-factor than the anti-Russian ones, I guess.

For Ukrainians, life under Stalin, the Holodomor and attempts to depopulate Ukraine and move ethnic Russians in was a big deal, and was bad enough that it made throwing in with the Nazis/Germans as operation Barbarosa rolled through seemed like a tenable option.

And it all plays into the existence of the Soviet Union, and then later on the Warsaw Pact, as being as much, if not more, about building an empire to surround Russia with vassal buffer states, as it was "Let's spread communism."

And then I'm sure that late-night door knocking by the NKVD then KGB, and folks vanishing for years after WWII, kept those feelings going.

And the whole thing in terms of using "Nazi" plays differently in the region. It's a different set of of shorthand, code-words, and dog-whisles used to convey ideas over there.

Putin's own use of "De-Nazification" as part of his pretext over Ukraine is itself loaded in ways for a Russian audience that aren't truly congruent to Western notions of what's meant when the Nazis are invoked. We think "Holocaust" and "Skinheads" etc. organized militant evil.

For Russians, to a degree, it's more like when militant Islam/Islamofascists/terrorists talk about "The Great Satan." And it ties together a whole bunch of ideas about Western Civilization vs. Islam, stuff the British Empire did over a century ago, the Crusades,  even crap going back to the Roman Empire, for which they merely view the US as the new point of the spear for.

"Nazis" is more of the default bogeyman, shorthand for "existential threat to Russia." in a sense.

Among other things, Putin's use of Nazis plays on established Soviet propaganda that the US, NATO, and the West were intent on goals or aims that started with the Nazis and was just a continuatoon of that struggle.

And there's a ton of earlier history and baggage that kind of circles around long-standing butthurt, that in a broad sense, stems from Russians being nominally Caucasians of a Judeo-Christian background, weren't "in the club" as compared to Western Europe, in terms of the broader strokes of history.

But optics are optics, and we live in a global information economy. And nobody does nuance or context worth a shit.

I'm in the "Guys... really?" camp over it. But it is what it is.

Honestly, the use of Nazi imagery and Hitler in SE Asia and Japan is both more interesting and disturbing. Partly because it's just ignorance and the place "Nazis" occupy in their worldview is different, it all being on the other side of the planet from them.

In recent history, Japan is the bogeyman.

And in the case of Japan, widespread ignorance of Imperial Japan's character and behavior in WWII and that it represents an "evil" for which they were just as culpable. If actually not more so. The Nazis were somewhat an insurgent political movement that navigated its way to power, whereas Japan's actions in WWII and their military expansion before its start, was just the inherent normal functioning of their culture and society.

"Kid glove treatment" to ensure a peaceful occupation meant they didn't have their noses rubbed in it like Germany did. And to this day, hard-line traditionalist factions can cause chaos at any time they wish. They're a minority in the Japanese Parliament, but big enough to scuttle any ruling majority coalition should substantial acknowledgement of WWII Japanese atrocities be discussed or taught in schools.

As such, the average Japanese person has at best,
only vague notions that WWII was some sort of "generic war" over geopolitical friction. And that they have something of a special status as the only victims of nuclear weapons dropped in anger.

It's not in their collective consciousness that Japan was a fanatical ethnocentric military expansionist nation. And that they might have done things, and conducted those things in such a manner that they "earned" Fat Man and Little Boy, isn't really a concept.

View Quote

True, it can be a psyop to intimidate your enemies into thinking your a berserker, fanatic or something. Mental gamesmanship in war is a real strategy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#42]
So Biden is funding Nazis?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fr fr no cap on god sheeesh aint bussin
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#44]
So I'm supposed to cheer on the people whose relatives killed my FIL's family during the war.
And I'm a traitor because I don't accept the Uke narrative. And have relatives in Russia? CA guy you can go pound sand up your ass.
I've been in Russia. Have you?
WE don't have dog in this fight. Except for the politicians who are getting rich with all the money laundering.
Hey bud did you know that most of the concentration camp guards were Ukes.
The Ukes are no teh good guys in this either.
This fiasco was set up by Nuland and Obama's ambassador for the express purpose of what you are seeing now.
For years the Ukes were shelling and killing ethnic Russians who lived in the Ukraine. But that is ok because they are just the evil Russians the government propagandized you about for your entire life.
I was shocked at how I was treated in Russia when I was there. Every where I went I was treated great. And heard people saying America is great.
But you keep fantasizing about killing the nasty Russkis while you live in your CA hellhole.
It's tragic that people on both sides are being killed for a globalist orgasm.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Just like using the "n" word, having nazi paraphernalia will be right good enough justification for ethnic cleansing in some folks eyes, regardless of any actual crimes committed.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Apparently Congress was going to fund these guys back in 2018, but Ukraine refused to say if any aid would go to their neo-Nazi brothers, so Congress pulled the plug.

Then the media transformation of Europe's second most corrupt country, and the neo-Nazis became the "good guys" and it all went away.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You think the world has changed much?  Not enough, I'm so sick of these retards, and especially American, but to an extent European too, (and I know you're not one of them) that genuinely support Russia, that I'm ready to do the same to them.  Of course it was horrible, but the universe is a cold place, and people living here should remember that perhaps more than just some of the old, iron spirit of America lives on in this nation.  Some lawmakers in Texas and Florida floated some bills which would have denied the ability to purchase property to Russian and Chinese immigrants recently.  That's shades of the America that fought, and was one of the victorious powers in the second world war, and it's also a reminder that things could, in a way, go that way again, and traitors would not be dealt kindly with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ukraine is not the United States nor is an ally of the United States.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

And eugenics, depopulation of undesirables, socialism, gun confiscation, re education. Yea the left are basically nazis
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top