Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I did a few web searches and could not find an address or email address for Nina Maiden in California.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I get really tired of dealing with people like that woman.  Okay, I can see her being startled, scared, etc. at the time of the incident.  However, it's when everything has been explained to her and she demands that the cops make everyone else play by her rules is where she loses me.  I don't know how many goddamn calls I've taken where the complainant doesn't like what someone else is doing and wants the police to put a stop to it, even though it's not illegal.  When I tell them there has not been a crime committed, they say 'can't you just go talk to them and ask them to stop?'.  Let's see- I just told you that the behavior you find upsetting isn't illegal, and now you want me to go over and use the color of my authority to try and get them to stop anyway, just because you don't agree with what they're doing?  Ahh, I don't think so.  People have forgotten that they don't have a constitutional right to not be offended or have others not do anything that they don't agree with, and they like to use the police as a club to try and make everyone else do things their way.  I'm bloody sick of it.  Life is risky, get over it.  Not everyone thinks the way you do- get over that, too.  I've gotten more IA complaints for refusing to be someone's personal Gestapo agent than I ever have for things like excessive use of force.

Okay, rant mode off!

View Quote

Sparky I think you hit the nail on the head.  Those of you who think that we are being too hard on this woman should rethink your stance.  This is not a person we want to win over.  This is a person that we want to use as an example of what is wrong.

Aggie1
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#4]
OK, here's my apology -

Dear Soccer Mom -

I'm sorry that you are an idiot. Please forgive me that you can't tell the difference between toys and real guns.

signed,

garandman
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top