User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Toyota is supposed to be coming out with a competitor to the maverick.
View Quote
Not bad

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#2]

It's a bit of a crappy render and has very little in common with Toyota's current styling trends, so I wouldn't expect it to look like that at all if it does come out.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So what would be the best package to order to guarantee I don't get rolled and actually get a delivery. Also what's the delivery time? Next year?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you want one be prepared to show up at the dealer on July 17th.

Last year the order books for hybrids were open 5 days.

Ford doesn’t make much on the XL and that one is the most constrained.

So what would be the best package to order to guarantee I don't get rolled and actually get a delivery. Also what's the delivery time? Next year?

If you order one in July, the earliest you will see it is end of the year and it could be as long as a full year.

Couple of tricks.

You have to figure out which dealers have lots of allocations, and then you have to get in early and high priority.  Generally speaking the big dealerships get more allocations course they also taking more orders, but a lot of the smaller dealerships might only get a single allocation a month.

ask for what trims in options probably a pretty basic XLT or a basic lariat.  As you add options and packages, you are more likely run into constraints.

Ecoboost is less popular and more are produced.

All that said, I’d order that you want and order as early as possible.  Then sit back and wait and wait and wait.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
get the bigger motor non-hybrid two-wheeler
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#5]
look up Toyota Stout
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you order one in July, the earliest you will see it is end of the year and it could be as long as a full year.

Couple of tricks.

You have to figure out which dealers have lots of allocations, and then you have to get in early and high priority.  Generally speaking the big dealerships get more allocations course they also taking more orders, but a lot of the smaller dealerships might only get a single allocation a month.

ask for what trims in options probably a pretty basic XLT or a basic lariat.  As you add options and packages, you are more likely run into constraints.

Ecoboost is less popular and more are produced.

All that said, I’d order that you want and order as early as possible.  Then sit back and wait and wait and wait.
View Quote

Commodity issues can really fuck ordering.

When I ordered my SD if I got a bedliner, adaptive cruise, or the 5-th wheel prep it added like a year or something wild.

My sales guy also mentioned that for some reason the trucks all getting produced quickly for them all had the dual battery setup....so I added it on mine(un-sure if it helped) but my SD was in my possession 4/4/22 and I ordered it 1/21/22
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not bad

https://www.carandmotor.gr/sites/default/files/styles/horizontal_rectangle_small/public/2022-11/Toyota-Stout.jpg?itok=phs6aGJ7

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
look up Toyota Stout
View Quote

Drop a link. All I see on a quick search is clickbait bullshit with no real ammo
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a hybrid XLT with 1,300 miles on it. Fortunately, my VIN is not part of the latest recall. I absolutely love mine. Such a fun little truck. I’ve already done several mods.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hybrids are getting recalled. Another issue with Fires
View Quote

Not all of them. Only certain VINs. Mine is not part of the recall.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bought one for my sister, it has been in the shop 6 darn times so far. Once went to pick it up and when they brought it up, flipped a light and they had to work on it for another week. Worst POS I’ve seen. Inside looked nice and I hoped it would be a good option for her, but I was dead wrong, if it breaks again I’m trading it in for something more reliable for her.
View Quote

Sorry but she got a lemon. Most owners are very happy with no issues.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Use expanding foam and fill every nook and cranny.

And that fooking mess is why I won't touch new vehicles until I open the hood and crawl under them to see exactly how much of a PITA it will be to do maintenance and such on them. I'd pass after one glance at that nest of snakes.
View Quote
@fxntime

When I was considering buying a Bronco Sport, a local dealer had one (abet the "wimpy" 3cyl 181 HP, 190 lb-ft as opposed to the 245HP, 275lb-ft model)  inside.  I looked all over it, then slid underneath to look at the oil change situation.  I happened to be wearing a nice suit, and the salesman was stunned when I told him I'd never paid for an oil change and wanted to know what I was getting into.  Its not that bad in terms of access, and certainly better than the 87 miles of vacuum hose on the 1984 Bronco II I had 20 years ago.

After waiting ~9 months for my ordered one to come in, I had told him I planned on spending less than 10 minutes in the dealership to pick it up (drop off check, sign a sales agreement, take keys).  He did, for a minute pass me off on some minion that wanted me to sign up for Ford Pass rewards:

Minion: If you fill out this stuff, I can get you free oil change coupons!

p3590: Uhh, can you give me a case of OEM oil filters instead?  I might be down for that, though you guys did promise 10 minutes total.

Minion: Uhh, what? I'll have to talk to my manager, that's not, not, how this works?

p3590: OK, not a problem, have a nice day!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@fxntime

When I was considering buying a Bronco Sport, a local dealer had one (abet the "wimpy" 3cyl 181 HP, 190 lb-ft as opposed to the 245HP, 275lb-ft model)  inside.  I looked all over it, then slid underneath to look at the oil change situation.  I happened to be wearing a nice suit, and the salesman was stunned when I told him I'd never paid for an oil change and wanted to know what I was getting into.  Its not that bad in terms of access, and certainly better than the 87 miles of vacuum hose on the 1984 Bronco II I had 20 years ago.

After waiting ~9 months for my ordered one to come in, I had told him I planned on spending less than 10 minutes in the dealership to pick it up (drop off check, sign a sales agreement, take keys).  He did, for a minute pass me off on some minion that wanted me to sign up for Ford Pass rewards:

p3590: Uhh, can you give me a case of OEM oil filters instead?  I might be down for that, though you guys did promise 10 minutes total.

Minion: Uhh, what? I'll have to talk to my manager, that's not, not, how this works?

View Quote

FWIW signing up for the Ford Pass stuff when you buy a car used to get you a few hundred dollars worth of points to spend on various stuff. Was a nice way to get free weathertech floormats and the like.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:24:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

FWIW signing up for the Ford Pass stuff when you buy a car used to get you a few hundred dollars worth of points to spend on various stuff. Was a nice way to get free weathertech floormats and the like.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@fxntime

I might, hating dealership sales experiences, have passed on some perks.  Besides, the Badlands version comes with rubber mats/floors already.

Also, I was back to shitposting here in GD in a total of 15 minutes, including walking to the dealership from work.  My time is highly valuable.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

They still have the program. I got a hood protector for my Maverick and will use the rest for free oil changes.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@fxntime

View Quote

The Ford Pass points can be used for parts. (I think Ford changed the rules and some dealers that have an online parts department "store" will let you order parts with the points)
IF you had the app already downloaded, you just have to give them them the account number....It took me a minute or two.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

See the items with Red in the right hand column.  Those are things that are constrained.  The hitch is if you order a stand alone hitch (not the hitches that are included in various packages, such as the FX4 package comes with a hitch)

Column 1 = What the factory planned on being able to build
Column 2 = What people actually ordered

As you can see, way more people ordered the hybrid than what Ford could actually build.  Then people ordered more XLs than they planned on building.

Really, from what I have seen, if you really want your order....people that ordered a Tremor seemed to get them.  They planned on build 8% of all mavericks as Tremors, but people only ordered 1%
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I had written them off when I read about demand and the next fall ordering, but I just checked and they can be had locally. Unfortunately they are basically 10k above asking, which puts them on par with Tacoma prices. So it's then a decision on Does Toyota reliability trump Maverick MPG's
View Quote

That's the big question. I love my '15 Tacoma for everything but the mileage. For your use, the Maverick would be great, but not with that severe markup.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#19]
What about that Santa Cruz thing?
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:54:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Specs look pretty decent in comparison but I hate how they look in person. I might be in the minority though.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not bad

https://www.carandmotor.gr/sites/default/files/styles/horizontal_rectangle_small/public/2022-11/Toyota-Stout.jpg?itok=phs6aGJ7

That’s a Ford maverick with stuff photoshopped onto it
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@fxntime

View Quote

Buying a new car gets you $210 worth of credit that you can use for anything once you set up ford pass. Good for you though not spending the 3 minutes doing it for the $210. I guess you make more than $4200 an hour.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

It looks like they tried photoshopping a front similar to the Compact Cruiser EV they teased a while back:

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I was super excited about the Maverick.  XL hybrid for me.  Wife's pilot for medium duty trailer hauling, the dually for big stuff.  However the inability to order and the high dealer markup for in-stock units has turned me off.

By the time they're readily available for order Toyota will probably have their competitor out.  And I'll be buying the Toyota offering then.

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was super excited about the Maverick.  XL hybrid for me.  Wife's pilot for medium duty trailer hauling, the dually for big stuff.  However the inability to order and the high dealer markup for in-stock units has turned me off.

By the time they're readily available for order Toyota will probably have their competitor out.  And I'll be buying the Toyota offering then.

View Quote

Will the Toyota be less popular and easier to acquire?
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#26]
FWIW:

I have some friends who are hardcore off roaders in the remotest mountains of Death Valley. They NEVER go out alone;  break down out there and nobody will find your bones for 10 years. Except for the everpresent Jeep, virtually all of them have Tacomas.

Just a data point.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was about to say that is literally a maverick body with garbage pasted on it lol.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Im actually a very aesthetic person, but can can cope with Things I don't like if it fits a need. I'm not wild about the mavericks Looks, it's acceptable. The Santa Cruz however is my line. Lesbian spaceship.
No thank you
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:36:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Sounds like their experience is a testament to the reliability of the tacomas.  I've always liked the idea of an end of the world capable car but my reality is driving to work on a highway listening to journey 95% of the time so I think it makes sense for me to adjust my reliability expectations with fuel, cost and other variables.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:39:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

See the items with Red in the right hand column.  Those are things that are constrained.  The hitch is if you order a stand alone hitch (not the hitches that are included in various packages, such as the FX4 package comes with a hitch)

Column 1 = What the factory planned on being able to build
Column 2 = What people actually ordered

As you can see, way more people ordered the hybrid than what Ford could actually build.  Then people ordered more XLs than they planned on building.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/attachments/1686080839262-png.108626/

Really, from what I have seen, if you really want your order....people that ordered a Tremor seemed to get them.  They planned on build 8% of all mavericks as Tremors, but people only ordered 1%
View Quote

Good info.
When was this chart made? If it's last years insights I would assume they would be adjusting based on what the market wants for the next run.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:56:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Good info.
When was this chart made? If it's last years insights I would assume they would be adjusting based on what the market wants for the next run.
View Quote

It's a big equation of what they have supplies for, what the customers want, and what they want to sell to get the most profit.

Selling just base models does eat into their planned profits after all.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Good info.
View Quote

It looks like 6/5/2023
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
FWIW:

I have some friends who are hardcore off roaders in the remotest mountains of Death Valley. They NEVER go out alone;  break down out there and nobody will find your bones for 10 years. Except for the everpresent Jeep, virtually all of them have Tacomas.

Just a data point.
View Quote
Meh that's what a decent HF radio is for
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
FWIW:

Just a data point.
View Quote

Well that’s a $250 fix for any vehicle

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/garmin-inreach-mini-handheld-gps-satellite-communicator
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#35]

OP might have taken a wrong turn or two if he ends up in Death Valley while hauling his sheet of plywood for home renovation.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 1:04:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top