Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If Ukraine did this then Putin is a total pussy if he doesn’t order the green light on Zelly.  Hopefully Sean Penn will be with him.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
It's happening!
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

well factually it is Russias fault, If russia wouldn't have invaded then we wouldn't be arguing who and how it got blown up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No matter who did this, it's Russia's fault.

well factually it is Russias fault, If russia wouldn't have invaded then we wouldn't be arguing who and how it got blown up.
Right, so Ukrainian war crimes are Russia's fault. Yup, not a cult!
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#4]
50% of ARFCOM is officially retarded.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Can see where this is headed.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:46:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

What war?

There ain't no Geneva Convention on the Articles of Special Military Operations.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I do not want WW3.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:48:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How does it screw crimea? Guessing it may make it harder for them to get water?
View Quote

The beginning of the canal that provides water to Crimea is right next to the dam on the upstream side. Without the dam the water level wont be high enough to flow into the canal. AFAIK the canal is the only source of fresh water for Crimea.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:48:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Doesn't make sense to me.  The timing anyway.

Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Well that should escalate things nicely.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:52:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The beginning of the canal that provides water to Crimea is right next to the dam on the upstream side. Without the dam the water level wont be high enough to flow into the canal. AFAIK the canal is the only source of fresh water for Crimea.
View Quote

Ukraine Q&A Series: The Canal Controlling the Crimean Peninsula || Peter Zeihan
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:53:09 PM EDT
[#13]
They were talking about it back in 2022.

Russia 'plans false flag attack on hydroelectric dam to FLOOD Kherson' in latest attack on energy plants as Ukraine brings in four-hour blackouts to tackle electricity shortages

Link
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:59:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes absolutely no sense what you just said, what cult?  and what war crimes? .. your slacking sketti, come on do better and what facts do you have to share for us that Ukraine blew this dam? ill wait
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:59:54 PM EDT
[#15]
There was probably a bio lab there, likely Ran by Nazis. What does Tucker say?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like when Ukraine fired off a Russian only anti ship missile into an apartment in dnipro killing 20 people?

Oh wait that was Russia.

Or bucha?

Mh17?

So it’s illegal to call it a war but war crimes rules apply?

Okay
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:02:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I do not want WW3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I do not want WW3.

Russians are pushing and quoting the Geneva Convention article 56 already.

Article 56 - Protection of works and installations containing dangerous forces

Article 56 - Protection of works and installations containing dangerous forces

1. Works or installations containing dangerous forces, namely dams, dykes and nuclear electrical generating stations, shall not be made the object of attack, even where these objects are military objectives, if such attack may cause the release of dangerous forces and consequent severe losses among the civilian population. Other military objectives located at or in the vicinity of these works or installations shall not be made the object of attack if such attack may cause the

release of dangerous forces from the works or installations and consequent severe losses among

the civilian population.

2. The special protection against attack provided by paragraph 1 shall cease:

(a) for a dam or a dyke only if it is used for other than its normal function and in regular, significant and direct support of military operations and if such attack is the only feasible way to terminate such support;

(b) for a nuclear electrical generating station only if it provides electric power in regular, significant and direct support of military operations and if such attack is the only feasible way to terminate such support;

(c) for other military objectives located at or in the vicinity of these works or installations only if they are used in regular, significant and direct support of military operations and if such attack is the only feasible way to terminate such support.

3. In all cases, the civilian population and individual civilians shall remain entitled to all the protection accorded them by international law, including the protection of the precautionary measures provided for in Article 57 . If the protection ceases and any of the works, installations or military objectives mentioned in paragraph 1 is attacked, all practical precautions

shall be taken to avoid the release of the dangerous forces.

4. It is prohibited to make any of the works, installations or military objectives mentioned in paragraph 1 the object of reprisals.

5. The Parties to the conflict shall endeavour to avoid locating any military objectives in the vicinity of the works or installations mentioned in paragraph 1. Nevertheless, installations erected for the sole purpose of defending the protected works or installations from attack are permissible and shall not themselves be made the object of attack, provided that they are not used in hostilities except for defensive actions necessary to respond to attacks against the protected works or installations and that their armament is limited to weapons capable only of repelling hostile action against the protected works or installations.

6. The High Contracting Parties and the Parties to the conflict are urged to conclude further agreements among themselves to provide additional protection for objects containing dangerous forces.

7. In order to facilitate the identification of the objects protected by this article, the Parties to the conflict may mark them with a special sign consisting of a group of three bright orange circles placed on the same axis, as specified in Article 16 of Annex I to this Protocol [Article 17 of Amended Annex]. The absence of such marking in no way relieves any Party to the conflict of its obligations under

this Article.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:07:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That makes absolutely no sense what you just said, what cult?  and what war crimes? .. your slacking sketti, come on do better and what facts do you have to share for us that Ukraine blew this dam? ill wait
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if Ukrainian forces blew up the dam for military advantage it shouldn't be considered a war crime even though 10s of 1000s of people could be adversely affected?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:08:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And the Russians decide to do this because...?

Z Man's grand offensive is like a fart in the wind and hasn't had anything thing to with this area.  So the Russians just decide to blow the dam, because... reasons?

They're still there.   The Western Slavs haven't beaten back the Eastern Slavs despite all the money and advanced weapons, now Z Man's offensive has stalled.

What better thing to get the west's attention than another mass shooting, I mean "crisis", what with Zelensky demanding all our Patriots and the potato in the White House stopping further payments because it's an election year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Z Man's grand offensive is like a fart in the wind and hasn't had anything thing to with this area.  So the Russians just decide to blow the dam, because... reasons?

They're still there.   The Western Slavs haven't beaten back the Eastern Slavs despite all the money and advanced weapons, now Z Man's offensive has stalled.

What better thing to get the west's attention than another mass shooting, I mean "crisis", what with Zelensky demanding all our Patriots and the potato in the White House stopping further payments because it's an election year.

I know wikipedia can't always be relied upon for so many things, but.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainians

Ukrainians (Ukrainian: ????????, romanized: ukraintsi, pronounced [?kr?'jin?ts???i])[46] are an East Slavic ethnic group native to Ukraine. The native language of the Ukrainians is Ukrainian. The majority of Ukrainians are Eastern Orthodox Christians.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:08:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

You should probably raise your estimate by a bit...
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:10:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So if Ukrainian forces blew up the dam for military advantage it shouldn't be considered a war crime even though 10s of 1000s of people could be adversely affected?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

who said Ukraine blew it up? or are you hypothetical speaking for your defense

and what cult are you talking about? we wouldnt even be talking about this dam if russia didnt invade.. so yes absolutely its russias fault
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Like when Ukraine fired off a Russian only anti ship missile into an apartment in dnipro killing 20 people?

Oh wait that was Russia.

Or bucha?

Mh17?

https://i.postimg.cc/MGV0CmNw/IMG-1287.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/y8wXpbfn/IMG-1288.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/3JfZmRms/IMG-1289.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh wait that was Russia.

Or bucha?

Mh17?

how about these actual war crimes Sketti??
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:14:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s not a simple yes or no answer.  It would, in my humble non-JAG opinion, depend on the military interest in its destruction and the extent of the adverse effect.  The LOAC considers proportionality, not just negative impact alone.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:14:41 AM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXjiLOtEW7A

Interesting. That said, trying to go for the canal during their offensive could take months, then wouldn't it take more months for them to start running out of water in Crimea? But denying them water through the canal because the reservoir turns into a river will start now, thus accelerating the timeline
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:15:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not justifying it, I just don't give a fuck about those countries. I back neither side. I like the footage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who gives a shit about two corrupt as fuck countries? Fuck 'em both, I like the footage of commies killing commies. Hilarious.

Don't see really see a reason to consider Ukraine commies. Yeah their government is corrupt along with every other single government in the entire world ours included. I really find it a strange reason to justify invasion from another country.

Not justifying it, I just don't give a fuck about those countries. I back neither side. I like the footage.
I back the side defending its own homeland and people against an invader. The same invader that's been murdering and conquering people for a century.

Yeah their government isn't perfect but name one in this entire world that is.

I understand that you don't care I'm just saying plenty of people out there are justifying it and appear pro Russia because Ukraine's corrupt. Doesn't make any sense to me

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:15:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

and what cult are you talking about? we wouldnt even be talking about this dam if russia didnt invade.. so yes absolutely its russias fault
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"So if Ukrainian forces blew up the dam"
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:16:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Would it be a war crime if Russia did it?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Would it be a war crime if Russia did it?
View Quote

Can’t be a war crime, no war
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:19:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does it screw crimea? Guessing it may make it harder for them to get water?

I figured it was something like that. Interesting.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:21:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's not a simple yes or no answer.  It would, in my humble non-JAG opinion, depend on the military interest in its destruction and the extent of the adverse effect.  The LOAC considers proportionality, not just negative impact alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a simple yes or no answer.  It would, in my humble non-JAG opinion, depend on the military interest in its destruction and the extent of the adverse effect.  The LOAC considers proportionality, not just negative impact alone.

Ah yes, there it is, that cult like double standard. It's ok when our guy commits atrocities, he's the good guy!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:22:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ah yes, there it is, that cult like double standard. It's ok when our guy commits atrocities, he's the good guy!
View Quote

Why would Russia blow it up? They’re winning, right?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:22:08 AM EDT
[#32]
A critical piece of infrastructure like this seems like the sort of thing that would be kept under surveillance by all sides.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:25:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

At least the retardation has dropped to 28% . . .
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:25:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Can't see any benefit to Ukraine to blow it up, but substantial benefit to Russia. Plus just on the grounds that it's a pretty evil thing to do, Russia did it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Interesting. That said, trying to go for the canal during their offensive could take months, then wouldn't it take more months for them to start running out of water in Crimea? But denying them water through the canal because the reservoir turns into a river will start now, thus accelerating the timeline
View Quote

This is Ukraine getting desperate for a break. “A weather prayer” as Patton would put it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:30:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A critical piece of infrastructure like this seems like the sort of thing that would be kept under surveillance by all sides.
View Quote

Yeah. So that's more proof Russia did it. They physically controlled the dam so they could mine it (as Ukraine says Russia did) and you wouldn't see that from a distance. Certainly you wouldn't see the guy pressing the button to detonate it.

Ukraine would have to use missiles to destroy it, and the whole world would have seen that - everyone with satellites over the area would have seen that. It would take some big warheads to take out the dam, it wouldn't be subtle

So unless satellite evidence of a missile strike comes from any of the half dozen countries that would have that capability - Russia did it
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:30:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They're still there.  The Western Slavs haven't beaten back the Eastern Slavs despite all the money and advanced weapons, now Z Man's offensive has stalled.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Far from an sme but even shutdown and defueled (if they are idk) the spent fuel pool's gonna need water.

They're still there.  The Western Slavs haven't beaten back the Eastern Slavs despite all the money and advanced weapons, now Z Man's offensive has stalled.

What fucking offensive are you talking about?

The one that literally hasn’t started yet?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:32:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the statement was about russias fault in it... not ukraines.. idk where your getting that at... anyways what cult sketti?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Can't see any benefit to Ukraine to blow it up, but substantial benefit to Russia. Plus just on the grounds that it's a pretty evil thing to do, Russia did it.
View Quote

exactly, but of course we have our "usuall" suspects pushing russias narrative on here. one would have to be pretty low IQ to not see that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:40:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Zelenskyy can finally wash all the Nato jizz off his body.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:42:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Muh Russia

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:44:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Things go boom in war.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Oh wait that was Russia.

Or bucha?

Mh17?

So it’s illegal to call it a war but war crimes rules apply?

Okay
View Quote

I don't get this....it's one thing to make a genuine mistake and shoot down a civilian airliner and kill all the civilians on board......it's another to pose in front of the wreckage, proudly.  God, I'm addicted to these threads and the news in general, but it's too often horrible for me, stuff like this just fills me with rage.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:49:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Could British cruise missiles fired from a Su24 cause that kind of damage?
View Quote

In a word, no. Smoking a dam takes a LOT of earth movement.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:51:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Now destroy the Crimea bridge to isolate Crimea.
View Quote

Now THAT could be done with the Brit cruise missiles.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:54:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Who gives a shit about two corrupt as fuck countries? Fuck 'em both, I like the footage of commies killing commies. Hilarious.
View Quote
Funny how the Ukrainians have arrested or fired more corrupt dept heads than the US
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Now THAT could be done with the Brit cruise missiles.
View Quote

Maybe. It's likely got the best air defense Russia can deploy and cruise missiles can't easily hide over water
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:59:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Far from an sme but even shutdown and defueled (if they are idk) the spent fuel pool's gonna need water.

Yep.
If I search your names will I find similar idiotic statements about last years counteroffensive?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:59:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I really dont care. Russia can burn it all to the fucking ground for all I care. Or, Ukraine can. I. Just. Dont. Fucking. Care.
View Quote
Theres that malicious indifference.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:01:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I do not want WW3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I do not want WW3.
As my dear old sainted grandma used to say, "it ain't what you want that makes you fat, it's what you eat."
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top