Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who gives a shit about two corrupt as fuck countries? Fuck 'em both, I like the footage of commies killing commies. Hilarious.
View Quote

Welcome back fellow gun enthusiast.

Couldn’t take your ban, huh?
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Regardless of who did it this is going to hurt Russia the most.  Crimea is fucked now.  If the Russians did it to slow Ukraine’s offensive they did it at a great cost to themselves.  If Ukraine did it, it shows they plan on doing their offensive else where and they know how much this fucks the Russians long term.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What do you suppose could happen, given the specific reality of the situation?
View Quote

Thats a question for our resident RO's. If they're anything like ours they have contingency's in place but it takes a few years before you can throw it in a dry cask and forget about it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Great, now we will send moar trillions
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Z will get another 50 billion dollars
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And the Russians decide to do this because...?

Z Man's grand offensive is like a fart in the wind and hasn't had anything thing to with this area.  So the Russians just decide to blow the dam, because... reasons?

They're still there.  The Western Slavs haven't beaten back the Eastern Slavs despite all the money and advanced weapons, now Z Man's offensive has stalled.

What better thing to get the west's attention than another mass shooting, I mean "crisis", what with Zelensky demanding all our Patriots.
View Quote

What did Russia say about Kherson when it kicked off?

Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Probable that Russia did it for Crimean area denial to prep for a withdrawal.
View Quote

Certainly some kind of plan to stop or slow down a Ukrainian advance in that direction.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Z Man's grand offensive is like a fart in the wind and hasn't had anything thing to with this area.  So the Russians just decide to blow the dam, because... reasons?

They're still there.  The Western Slavs haven't beaten back the Eastern Slavs despite all the money and advanced weapons, now Z Man's offensive has stalled.

What better thing to get the west's attention than another mass shooting, I mean "crisis", what with Zelensky demanding all our Patriots and the potato in the White House stopping further payments because it's an election year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Far from an sme but even shutdown and defueled (if they are idk) the spent fuel pool's gonna need water.

What better thing to get the west's attention than another mass shooting, I mean "crisis", what with Zelensky demanding all our Patriots and the potato in the White House stopping further payments because it's an election year.

Yep.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Welcome back fellow gun enthusiast.

Couldn’t take your ban, huh?
View Quote

What do you mean?

since it's all kicked off, I really haven't cared. They're both corrupt as hell, and I appreciate the combat footage. That sums up my thoughts on the conflict.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn Son….
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Both Ukrainians and Russians.

And as we saw with Bakhmut, as soon as it was lost, Z Man went "oh well it's just all rubble anyway".

I'm sure the Ukraine propaganda will be in full mode tomorrow, with the Dwarf King (5'4") demanding billions for rebuilding.

Edit:  Hey wait, weren't their pictures of Ukrainian jets with British cruise missiles just posted the other day on here?   Curious.
View Quote

Are you implying they launched limited commodity long range cruise missiles at a damn that was within artillery range?
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I really dont care. Russia can burn it all to the fucking ground for all I care. Or, Ukraine can. I. Just. Dont. Fucking. Care.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What do you suppose could happen, given the specific reality of the situation?
View Quote

I'm not as expert either but what has been said about other nuclear plants is that no water to cool them means Chernobyl happens
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One source says this royally screws Crimea for 10-15 years.  

Either Russia is throwing in the towel and sabotaging stuff on the way out or Ukraine just kicked Russian Crimea in the balls big time. If Ukraine did do this the volume knob may get turned to 11.
View Quote
got both
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
One source says this royally screws Crimea for 10-15 years.  

Either Russia is throwing in the towel and sabotaging stuff on the way out or Ukraine just kicked Russian Crimea in the balls big time. If Ukraine did do this the volume knob may get turned to 11.
View Quote

How does it screw crimea? Guessing it may make it harder for them to get water?
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Who gives a shit about two corrupt as fuck countries? Fuck 'em both, I like the footage of commies killing commies. Hilarious.
View Quote

Don't see really see a reason to consider Ukraine commies. Yeah their government is corrupt along with every other single government in the entire world ours included. I really find it a strange reason to justify invasion from another country.

Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Biden crime family will do anything to deflect the news away from them
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Far from an sme but even shutdown and defueled (if they are idk) the spent fuel pool's gonna need water.

I think it's a little early to say that counter offensive has failed. Seems like that was said before early on and they ended up doing pretty well retaking a lot of ground.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wasn't implying that they did but..
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:15:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:15:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Muh Russia
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Major Dam Collapses in Ukraine - LIVE Breaking News Coverage (Nova Kakhovka Dam Destroyed)
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:16:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Not good. Just not good.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sucks to be them, sure.

But that doesn’t address the question of whether it is “good”?
View Quote

It’s 8D chess by Ukraine, they’re trying to fix the Russians in position so they can’t escape the “massive” offensive.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:18:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Both the reactors and the spent fuel pools have intakes from the Kakhovka reservoir, depending on how low the reservoir (now a river again) drops it could cause issues.

The floodplains are mainly on the Ukraine side, and flooding the islands would remove many of the structures the Ukrainians are using to hide and create staging points.

The mining efforts of the Russians on the east/south side of the river (controlled by Russia) will probably be washed away, but the lower banks are high enough to limit the flood damage. The dam was not working properly and the river was very high due to heavy rainfall.

Here is a flood simulation by the US Army Corps of Engineers.

Model of a 200 - 1800 m dam break at the Nova Kakhovka dam
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:21:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:24:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Will the Three Gorges look that way?
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:25:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

When this war is over there won't be anything left. Even if the Ukraine wins thier country is completely fucked.  

Something spooked the Russians, they expecting an assault to south?
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:26:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm. Glad. You. Don't. Fucking. Care. So much you needed to make a post about it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really dont care. Russia can burn it all to the fucking ground for all I care. Or, Ukraine can. I. Just. Dont. Fucking. Care.

I'm. Glad. You. Don't. Fucking. Care. So much you needed to make a post about it
I'm glad you care that I dont care. Someone has to care.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Don't see really see a reason to consider Ukraine commies. Yeah their government is corrupt along with every other single government in the entire world ours included. I really find it a strange reason to justify invasion from another country.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not justifying it, I just don't give a fuck about those countries. I back neither side. I like the footage.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:26:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

For whom?
View Quote

Us.  We are going to pay to rebuild it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:27:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Are you implying they launched limited commodity long range cruise missiles at a damn that was within artillery range?
View Quote

Slavs are sneaky little rascals.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Fuck it @JustinU235 @Gamma762  Iz gots questions.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With all the issues our country faces, I'm with him on not caring about them.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:29:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Besides the potato sending all the money what else is he going to send due to this? Fighter jets with American pilots? Authorized military strikes in Russia? Never know with this administration.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:29:58 PM EDT
[#37]
VERY interesting.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:30:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Oooooh.  Looks expensive!!!!

Remember - 10% for the big guy!
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Besides the potato sending all the money what else is he going to send due to this? Fighter jets with American pilots? Authorized military strikes in Russia? Never know with this administration.
View Quote

Australia will send some F-18s!

Retired RAAF fighter jets could be sent to Ukraine
Jun 6, 2023 – 5.00am

Australia, the US and Ukraine are discussing sending 41 Royal Australian Air Force F/A-18 Hornets to Kyiv helping fulfil part of President Volodymyr Zelensky’s request for fighter jets, rather than sending them to the scrapheap as planned.
Sources have told The Australian Financial Review that the US, which recently gave permission to other Western allies to supply Ukraine with advanced fighter jets, including US-made F-16s, is favourably disposed to the idea of gifting Ukraine the F/A-18s.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Certainly some kind of plan to stop or slow down a Ukrainian advance in that direction.
View Quote

Yep. Just beyond belief.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#42]

I understand this reference
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#43]
That is a lot of dam water
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

How is this even possible?

Are you aware of the geography?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wonder if it's used in the reactor cooling process, if so, this could be pretty bad, no?

How is this even possible?

Are you aware of the geography?

Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:36:31 PM EDT
[#45]
both sides have been saying they would blow the damn, but right now its worse for Russia as the left bank is lower than Ukraines side of the river. and now Ukraine can just float over the mine fields instead of marching through them..lol
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:36:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Peter Zeihan was right
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Dambusters | Building the Bouncing Bomb | 2 of 2

Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
No matter who did this, it’s Russia’s fault.
View Quote

well factually it is Russias fault, If russia wouldn't have invaded then we wouldn't be arguing who and how it got blown up.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Tagged to see new video again tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:39:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Okay, who dusted off the Lancasters?
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top