BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I discovered his site just day before yesterday and printed out all 123 pages of his blog so I could read it off line. Today it's all gone. Sucks for sure. Thanks to this thread I got to see it before it disappeared for good.

Hey do you think you could burn those to  a CD and send them to me?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:51:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been wondering whether or not I would have a chance of writing a book about my experiences. I didn't think of it when I was in the Irish military, but I kept an online diary of my US military experiences over on Tank-net through Basic, OCS, OBC and Iraq. Shouldn't be too hard to come up with something someone would buy. I mean, if "Jarhead" sold (and I thought it was a piece of crap) there must be hope for me!

Fortunately, it's not too publicised, and whilst it has caught the attentions of some CJTF-7 personnel, nobody's told me to shut it down yet. I figure this lack of publicity may make up for the fact that most of the base information is freely available!

NTM
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've been wondering whether or not I would have a chance of writing a book about my experiences. I didn't think of it when I was in the Irish military, but I kept an online diary of my US military experiences over on Tank-net through Basic, OCS, OBC and Iraq. Shouldn't be too hard to come up with something someone would buy. I mean, if "Jarhead" sold (and I thought it was a piece of crap) there must be hope for me!

Fortunately, it's not too publicised, and whilst it has caught the attentions of some CJTF-7 personnel, nobody's told me to shut it down yet. I figure this lack of publicity may make up for the fact that most of the base information is freely available!

NTM

Dude you should do something with it. it's first hand account at history that most people will never understand fully(what it's like for soldier in Iraq/Astan) or really get to see. 20-30-40 years from now how will people look at whats going on today, From what prospective will they see it? From who's prospective will they read about it? If for no other reason put it all together in one place just to preserve it. Put it all on a CD or something so that later the kids or grand kids can look at it and see first hand a part of history. Thats one thing I wish I had from my grandfathers is some of the stories about their military service, what they did what it was like from day to day. I don't even really know what they did in the military as they really didn't talk about it that much, one died when I was in 5th grade, my other grandfather passed away in may and only rarely did we hear stories about his time in the military, and even than it had to do with stuff about my aunts and uncles when they were kids and not so much his military sevice. My one living grandfather served in Korea in the airforce he was a mechanic. He rarely talked about it when we were younger and really doesn;t now either. If anything do it as a part of a family history thing or something like that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Dude, show some fucking respect. This guy is over there making sacrifices for all of us. If you don't have anything positive to say about this fine young man, then keep your friggin trap shut, PLEASE! Once you go over and do a tour, we might feel you have earned the right to judge these guys.

Yeah. He about sacrificed his own troops.

BTW,Not that it really matters,  I have earned the right to have an opinion.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
All that drivel and he dosent even say what is really going on. How many kills did they have? Apparently he dosent know but they did shoot a bunch of watermelons and he almost shot his buddies 3 times.  What a buffoon.

I wanna see you address your flanks, in or outside of a room, while there are people screaming at you to do a dozen different things, with the possibility of someone scalping you with a piece of metal at 1700+ fps....  let's see how you react.  

As for saying anything about "what is really going on" do you think that it's for a reason or not?

I'm kinda glad to have a guy like this on the other side of the world, setting the place that I'm gonna hafta go to soon into a pretty good position to occupy.  I could be going to some other fucked up joint like Najaf or Fallujah, oh ,wait.... they're kicking ass and taking names there too.

Try not to be too critical of a guy who's got it bad enough without some clueless jerkwad badmouthing him for shooting watermelons.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, show some fucking respect. This guy is over there making sacrifices for all of us. If you don't have anything positive to say about this fine young man, then keep your friggin trap shut, PLEASE! Once you go over and do a tour, we might feel you have earned the right to judge these guys.

Yeah. He about sacrificed his own troops.

BTW,Not that it really matters,  I have earned the right to have an opinion.

Please, do tell - how have you earned the right to Monday morning quarterback anyones actions in a firefight?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All that drivel and he dosent even say what is really going on. How many kills did they have? Apparently he dosent know but they did shoot a bunch of watermelons and he almost shot his buddies 3 times.  What a buffoon.

I wanna see you address your flanks, in or outside of a room, while there are people screaming at you to do a dozen different things, with the possibility of someone scalping you with a piece of metal at 1700+ fps....  let's see how you react.  

As for saying anything about "what is really going on" do you think that it's for a reason or not?

I'm kinda glad to have a guy like this on the other side of the world, setting the place that I'm gonna hafta go to soon into a pretty good position to occupy.  I could be going to some other fucked up joint like Najaf or Fallujah, oh ,wait.... they're kicking ass and taking names there too.

Try not to be too critical of a guy who's got it bad enough without some clueless jerkwad badmouthing him for shooting watermelons.

His point was to try to correct a CNN news article about the number of kills. He didnt do a very good job.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
His point was to try to correct a CNN news article about the number of kills. He didnt do a very good job.

Please, don't feed the troll.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top