Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2001 4:55:41 PM EDT
I just had a massive fight with my girlfriend because of her kids.  She has three teenage kids.  Well anyway she and I were having an argument and the middle one kept making comments and getting involved.  I told her it was none of her business.  Her mom went off on me defending her kid and telling me not to talk to her child like that.  I am really getting fed up with being last person on the priority list.  I guess its time to move on.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Godspeed ARDOC
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of people disagree with me on this, but if I ever remarry, my kid had better treat my new wife with the same respect that she treats her own mother, because in my house, the adults rule. My new wife will be able to dish out the discipline, without any interference on my part, just as if she squeezed the kid out herself.

I will also expect the same authority over her kids, if she has any. There is no room for a castrated parent in any household.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Been there, bro. My current GF has no kids and I couldn't be happier.

Look for an exit....and run like hell!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys are right, I know in my heart that I need to move on but it is convient. It seems overwhelming in favor joining Imbrolio's status!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]
The lions are right.
In the wild, it is a sign of weakness to raise another male's offspring.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I try my darnest to be nice.  But they are her angels and they can do no wrong.  Her oldest and youngest are actually very good kids.  But they aren't mine.  Pass the BBQ sauce!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the club my brother.

Many of us here in the same boat through one means or another.

A mothers blind instinct to defend her child at all costs has been the catalyst to many good fights in my own home.

Neither logic, nor reason nor emotion or desire have nothing to do with a females reaction in these situations.

She blindly defends the innocent victim with every ounce of her strength and will sacrifice you in order to stand up for them.

Truly sad.

Many times I have looked at my own step son and thought..........[b]"If I were a lion and you were the offspring interloper that was a product of one of my lionesses roaming too far out of the prides territory I would pounce on you and instantly shred the life out of your young defenseless body..........and have no pity or emotion whatsoever about it"[/b]

But, alas, we are not the king of Beasts and besides.......I'd rather tangle with a lioness any day than a mother in these situations.

Hang tough my man or move on down the line.

Greener feilds surely await you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I knew I wasn't the only one in this situation. She is totally blind and overcompensates because her idiot ex wants nothing to do with them.  But if she put this much priority in her kids, I think I might be miffed too.  I see more from his perspective. Thanks for the advice.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#10]
BTW.................where in Michigan are you?
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I am in Southfield, MI. Rather be in Ann Arbor!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A lot of people disagree with me on this, but if I ever remarry, my kid had better treat my new wife with the same respect that she treats her own mother, because in my house, the adults rule. My new wife will be able to dish out the discipline, without any interference on my part, just as if she squeezed the kid out herself.

I will also expect the same authority over her kids, if she has any. There is no room for a castrated parent in any household.
View Quote

AMEN to that critter
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#14]
F*ck, I just realized I left all my friggin underwear and socks that I was washing at her place!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Sh*t it gets worse!!  I left 10 NIW centers, 2 new colt 20s and a brand new AUG trigger pack in her garage.  I hope she has no idea how much they are worth!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Tuff situation, saying adios is perhaps in the long run the best for you. It's hard when you open your mouth, and you are attacked, but they can verbally cut her up, and nothing is done. Best of luck. A relationship like yours will only make it, if she is willing to allow you to correct them if needed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top