Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Some CETME C action

LET ME SEE THAT CETME-C | Cheap and Affordable Battle Rifle
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a few G3 mags last week. That new MKE is in my radar.

My Israel FAL build should be done soon as well!
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the furniture the same between the models? Could you put that wood on say the MKE HK33's? Are they basically the same?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the furniture the same between the models? Could you put that wood on say the MKE HK33's? Are they basically the same?
View Quote

Not without modifications as there are small differences

It would also be too long for a HK33
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Pretty pleased with my MKE/Century MP5K copy!
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's gay.

I want a wood one like you have .
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Had one in the early 2000s and other than the rear sight needing filing and shimming, because it was so far out to one side, it ran great. It was accurate once I fixed the rear sight. It did throw the brass a country mile. As happened to be popular at that time, I sold the wooden stock for a four hundred dollars to someone in Australia on Ebay of all places, back when they allowed gun parts sales. I bought the black plastic HK stock with the slim forearm.

This was back when I was just trying to see what 7.62x51 platform I liked by buying cheaper guns, and making a decision, then buying a real deal nice one. I tried a century FAL that was junk after that. Bought a nice FAL later. Then an AR10, and finally a couple of M1as. Found out I was a better shot , except prone , with the M1a NM than anything else. Pronr , the AR10 was hard to beat.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
when built right
View Quote

I went through 3 that weren't.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I went through 3 that weren't.
View Quote

Damn thats some bad luck
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’m quite happy with my PTR 91.

It just keeps chugging along.
View Quote

I also have an early PTR-91. Removed green furniture and installed some surplus wood. As a Lefty, I just never enjoyed shooting it so it sits in back of safe. I DO enjoy MKE AP-5P. It's so short that charging handle is easy to reach as a Lefty.

The 91 shoot out dented brass fast enough to kill. LOL!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I just love the happy little guy on the wood stocks ??
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine has been fantastic and is a joy to shoot. It IS one of the PTR receiver models, though.

My brother has one that runs well, too. Both have unground bolts and great bolt gaps.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#13]
My CETME runs fine
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I have shot plenty of HK91s including one in full auto.

While superior to the FAL, they both pale next to a well built AR308.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

The hell it is.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#16]
What pouch is that?

I need some pouches for my BM59s
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#17]
My century ran fine,gave it to my son as I got a wood stock ptr-91Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Is there someone I can send a kit to to have built? Do I have to have a receiver or do any builders out there provide receivers? I really need to get my Cetme model B built, but I want it done right.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Bought one of Century's 'limited edition' cetmes (they made 500, mine is # 029) back in 2004 and it was made from unissued cetme parts along with a cast receiver and it runs perfect with no issues and .017 bolt gap.

At the same time DSA was selling boxes of German made G3 mags mixed with both aluminum and steel, 50 mags for $50 which run even better than cetme mags in my gun.

They made some guns that where really bad but made some that were really good. I think it all depended on what contractor built which lot. A few of the builders instead of fixing the bolt gap correctly simply ground down the back of the bolt for gap which was the worst thing they could have done. But it wasn't all of them.

I would recommend buying one locally so that you could check the bolt gap and shoot it. If that checks out you have a good one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I built my own on a PTR receiver. Runs like a champ, headspace is dead nuts on, no grinding. I still prefer my FALs.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The hell it is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hell it is.

Much more controllable in Full Auto.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have a Century Canadian fal build. It's fine. I also have an sar 1 and 2, were those century?
View Quote

They just swapped a few parts on those imported SAR series.  But still got blamed for the canted sights...
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Pretty sure the SARS are Springfield imports, and good guns.
View Quote

You are thinking of the SAR-3 and SAR-8....  G3 copies made in Greece.  

He is talking about romanian AK’s.  Although one of them is also called an SAR-3 (5.56 AK).
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What a fine rifle when built right

https://i.imgur.com/STJ5Ygbh.jpg
View Quote

Worst $700 I ever spent on a rifle
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The 91 shoot out dented brass fast enough to kill. LOL!!!
View Quote

When HK was importing the HK91 and HK93 into  the US, they had an optional gadget that snapped on to the receiver just behind the ejection port.  It was called (logically) an "ejection port buffer" and it contained a piece of hard rubber that the ejected cartridge case struck as part of the ejection pattern of the action.

This buffer did two things:

1.   lessened the spent brass ejection distance and speed by a SUBSTANTIAL amount
2.   eliminated the big dent in the body of the brass caused by the case striking the rear of the ejection port so violently.  This made reloading the brass much more practical.

I am betting finding one of those HK branded buffers would be a challenge, but I wonder if anyone else has created an aftermarket clone that would work on both HK rifles and the CETME and PTR clones thereof.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is there someone I can send a kit to to have built? Do I have to have a receiver or do any builders out there provide receivers? I really need to get my Cetme model B built, but I want it done right.
View Quote
I'm having Black Ops Defense build me one.  I had a ptr receiver already but I think he can also build one.  Not sure.  Didn't seem like most builders wanted to deal with them .  Apparently theres a lot of shitty kits out there.  Haven't got it yet so can't really say much about the quality but he was recommended by a few people.  Not cheap though.  Another builder I found is Middletown firearms. They'll build them.   Don't any experience with them but they have some nice looking pics on their Facebook page
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:43:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah they were hit or miss. I bought a Century Arms Cetme back in 2004 when they first came out in post van configuration. $350 brand new at a local gun store. Mine worked fine but it’s long gone.

I have a PTR91A3R now and it kicks ass. I’m hoping they import some Turkish one this year.

I bought 100 mags like ten years ago, all in excellent or unfired condition for like $150. Last year Centerfire systems had a 1 day special and I picked up 200 more for $130 delivered. They’re dirty and have some rust on the followers and baseplates but should all work fine once I get around to cleaning them up.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Bought mine in 2004 and became an expert in the weld,solder and grind school of gunsmithing.! I replaced the locking piece and considering it was assembled by Century on a worn out parts kit it runs really well and is very accurate.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:01:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Century trying to sue all their competition into extinction gave century a bad rap.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Century trying to sue all their competition into extinction gave century a bad rap.
View Quote

Really? I guess I wasnt aware about all that
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Got it out today

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#32]
My C308 has been 100% since Day 1. It doesn't look much like when I bought it, though. Last thing I did was
install the MUCH superior Spuhr stock assembly.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top