Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I was a kid, oldtimers called them "Puppy dog peters"
View Quote

I sailed with a guy that called them 'War puppy peters' and ate them by the case.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm...we called them tasty 'monkey dicks' in our 3-gunners group . Great for a quick lunch between stages when there is no time to waste, just hope the porta-potties aren't full
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/199158/0ldFyGnMcBamBcga_png-2694567.JPG

Conagra Brands has initiated a recall of more than 2.5 million pounds of canned meat and poultry sold nationwide over faulty packaging that could cause contamination.

The U.S. Food Safety and Inspection Service announced the recall Tuesday, saying in a statement that the products affected were produced between Dec. 12 and Jan. 12.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2023/02/01/Conagra-recalls-canned-meat/9161675303876/
View Quote

Here is a more detailed list from the USDA.

We have several cans put up with our other emergency stores...They all seem to have the P4247 number on the 1st line, but different lot #. I think I'm just gonna toss them anyway.   Can't remember last time we actually opened a can.  We usually just buy a half dozen every year or so, to mix in with the stash, then throw away when close to the Exp date.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#4]
We ate these while hunting. They were fine when out driving around the mountains looking for deer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#5]
They're fun over a fire with a 2&4 year old. Dessert is marshmallows.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I sailed with a guy that called them 'War puppy peters' and ate them by the case.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I was a kid, oldtimers called them "Puppy dog peters"

Use to carry a couple cans while hunting. We use to call them "preacher pricks".
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#7]
People actually eat those? I swear to God they use saw dust as a filler
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
People actually eat those? I swear to God they use saw dust as a filler
View Quote
They're a guilty pleasure and a staple of quick cheap Cuban cooking. Rice, vienna sausages, onion, and garlic. BAM, you got lunch and dinner. Need breakfast? Same deal, with a fried egg on top.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice hiss.
"let's get this out onto a tray.....nice"
View Quote

I see what you did there
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Got damn I love me some Vi-eenaa weenies! Pop the top, dump the juice and pour mustard on top and pull ‘em out with a fork one at a time and eat with Saltine crackers.  I have one can left.  Other 5 didn’t kill me, fuck it.  No checking, just foing on them.  

Use to make my coworker gag when he saw me eating those things.  And he’s an old redneck country boy from Holly Hill SC.  If I really wanted to fuck with him I’d walk up to his office door, crack the lid on one while we’re talking and start drinking the salty brine out of the can.  

But you know what really pisses me off? Opening up a can and finding either half a wiener missing or one missing all together.  I got robbed last week with half a wiener.

Edit:  For a while I was calling them Chyna clits.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Got damn I love me some Vi-eenaa weenies! Pop the top, dump the juice and pour mustard on top and pull ‘em out with a fork one at a time and eat with Saltine crackers.  I have one can left.  Other 5 didn’t kill me, fuck it.  No checking, just foing on them.  

Use to make my coworker gag when he saw me eating those things.  And he’s an old redneck country boy from Holly Hill SC.  If I really wanted to fuck with him I’d walk up to his office door, crack the lid on one while we’re talking and start drinking the salty brine out of the can.  

But you know what really pisses me off? Opening up a can and finding either half a wiener missing or one missing all together.  I got robbed last week with half a wiener.

Edit:  For a while I was calling them Chyna clits.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

These make up 87% of GD's cupboard/emergency prep food.
View Quote

I prefer smoked oysters and foil pouch tuna in olive oil.  The  Vienna sausages are the last resort.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#13]
That shit just looks disgusting.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A friend of mine would call them "Vi-eee-nah" sausage.  He always cracked me up with that.
View Quote

I hear that a lot around here as well

Vie-YEEE-nah
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Saturday afteroon childhood memories:
Vienna sausages, slices of sharp cheddar, Saltines and Coca Cola while Crappie fishing with Dad.
He'd sometimes pour a little Jack Daniels in his Coke.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#16]
In before someone posts that they only put big wieners in their mouth.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#17]
P4247 is a code for where they were produced.

Smeared on Club or Ritz crackers, they are good.

I do rmember when you had to take the center one out first to eat them. Now the tiny weiners are even smaller.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
P4247 is the bad lot number.   Love them..
View Quote

Hmmm..... I have 2 left, I always get the shits after eating them, how do I know if they are bad?

I was in the hospital a few weeks ago for food poisoning, thought in was the canned potatoes that did it. They pumped my stomach and I was in the hospital for 4 days.

I wonder...............

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/199158/0ldFyGnMcBamBcga_png-2694567.JPG

Conagra Brands has initiated a recall of more than 2.5 million pounds of canned meat and poultry sold nationwide over faulty packaging that could cause contamination.

The U.S. Food Safety and Inspection Service announced the recall Tuesday, saying in a statement that the products affected were produced between Dec. 12 and Jan. 12.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2023/02/01/Conagra-recalls-canned-meat/9161675303876/
View Quote

I like these better

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top