[#2]
Green Paki tape and whore pictures.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

2020 M4..... Its a 4K job
View Quote
Rear bumper cover replacement for a 22 Lexus gx was like $1200. the cover itself was ~$600.  Was also nori green which is a limited more expensive paint.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#5]
A lot of good* suggestions in here, but OP has abandoned his thread.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I was wondering why TF someone would get so spun up about some stupid screw holes.  Now it makes sense.

On second thought, not really.  Those people you're tailgating won't be able to see those holes in their rear view.  Neither will the people who see you bypassing traffic at 80 mph on the right shoulder in their side mirrors...  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was wondering why TF someone would get so spun up about some stupid screw holes.  Now it makes sense.

On second thought, not really.  Those people you're tailgating won't be able to see those holes in their rear view.  Neither will the people who see you bypassing traffic at 80 mph on the right shoulder in their side mirrors...  

+1
If in doubt, use high beams in daylight and they'll never see them.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Google is your friend, you can get a new bumper cover for WAY less than that, but not sure why you'd replace the cover. Just have the cover repaired for $500 including touch up paint.

Just because a shop told you it was a 4k job, doesn't mean that's right.

Do some research, it took me seconds to find a front bumper cover for under $500.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Tape is a good idea but plates here are aluminum and bumper facings are usually plastic. Do they have magnets for those materials?
View Quote

It's called a bumper cover, and there's always steel behind it.

Not sure how you'd get a magnet to stick to aluminum though, unless you put a steel plate surround on it and use the magnets on that.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Where I live you can't cover your plate with anything.....including the windshield.  No plastic covers, etc. It's the same ticket as not having a plate I think.

That being said I have ~100k miles on vehicles with no front plate, even though it's required.  I've been pulled over exactly 0 times for it.
View Quote
Same in WI. Also plates have to be at the furthest forward or rear of vehicle (illegal to put plates in windows). Technically license plate frames that cover the reg stickers and WISCONSIN on the plates are also illegal. Real hilarious one is the month sticker is required to be on the lower left, year on the lower right but I see a bunch of idiots every day with the year stickers all over the plate.

Cops dont bother sports cars without front plates, but not more than 15 min after my dakotas front plate bracket got ripped off in a snow bank, I got pulled over for no front plate on the way to the hardware store. Fix it ticket since the bracket and plate was on the pass floor and still had snow packed on it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#10]
ETA nvm its a used car.

Plug holes and get on with your life
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Options
1.  Bumper Plugs and paint them to color match

2.  Replacement Bumper Cover and paint

3.  Spend $4000 because you know you will and stop complaining

4.  Call Marco he’ll make you a good deal
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#13]
A 911 Turbo owner had one of these rigged up and it looked pretty good if you had to run a plate.

decal plate
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A 911 Turbo owner had one of these rigged up and it looked pretty good if you had to run a plate.

decal plate
View Quote

well Op's bumper has lost it's virginity already so, a little too late for sticker mcstickerson
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Some dealers are aware, and some aren't. Here in VA we are required to have front plates, and both times we bought our Dodges, the local dealer politely asked us if we wanted their guys to drill the nubs and install the OE plate brackets before we took the vehicles. This dealer knows some folks might want to instead get aftermarket brackets that mount up differently, that don't drill into the bumper.
View Quote

Finally a non dickhead answer from the dickhead that respond to this trying to be funny. Car came from Califrnia, where you are required to have a front and back plate.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Bullshit and I’m in the industry.
View Quote

Show me what shop industry man. Ill be there Monday
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Depends.

If it was done PRE sale, it’s on you, as you bought it that way.  Color matched plugs for $50 and you’re done.

If it was POST sale, it’s on them to fix, or unwind the deal.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quit worrying about it

Move to a state that requires a front plate
View Quote

Like Texas where I get a front plate and so many fucking DMW stickers go on the window I cant see out. Nope.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Like Texas where I get a front plate and so many fucking DMW stickers go on the window I cant see out. Nope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quit worrying about it

Texas uses 1 sticker.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Texas uses 1 sticker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quit worrying about it

Texas uses 1 sticker.

OP's windshield is small.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Im the OP, I see much dickhead in these responses.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm curious, did the dealer drill the holes after you bought it or were the holes there to begin with?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

And a lot of solid suggestions too.

This is GD… posting problems here always has a pretty bad S/N ratio… just have to sift.  But you’ve been here long enough to know that.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:03:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

well Op's bumper has lost it's virginity already so, a little too late for sticker mcstickerson
View Quote

As legal as your braced pistol
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Bumper plugs.  They're colored matched and $30. I have them also and they work well.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#26]
How about some googly eyes?  Like $1 and done instantly with a hot glue gun.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see much ado about nothing in the OP.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Some dealers are aware, and some aren't. Here in VA we are required to have front plates, and both times we bought our Dodges, the local dealer politely asked us if we wanted their guys to drill the nubs and install the OE plate brackets before we took the vehicles. This dealer knows some folks might want to instead get aftermarket brackets that mount up differently, that don't drill into the bumper.
View Quote

Same with the Toyota dealer I bought my FR-S from. Supra was bought out of state in PA (no front plate) and the salesman just held the plate bracket up and said "what do you want us to do with this"? I said "keep that as far away from the front bumper as possible" and they put it in the trunk.

I'd be grumpy about plate bracket holes in an M3. I'd do the bumper plugs until I could find a shop to do a quality repair reasonably.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Texas uses 1 sticker.
View Quote

How the fuck can you see around it?!?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You came to the GD gloryhole pal, fool you once shame on me, fool you twice you might not be gay, but your def truck stop bathroom gay.

Just sayin’
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Same with the Toyota dealer I bought my FR-S from. Supra was bought out of state in PA (no front plate) and the salesman just held the plate bracket up and said "what do you want us to do with this"? I said "keep that as far away from the front bumper as possible" and they put it in the trunk.

I'd be grumpy about plate bracket holes in an M3. I'd do the bumper plugs until I could find a shop to do a quality repair reasonably.
View Quote

You’d be grumpy that you bought a used car with a front plate from a state that requires a front plate?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yup....real morans.

OP, you bought the car.

Either take somewhere and spend the money to patch the holes.

Put plugs in the holes.

Or leave the holes.

Those are the same choices you had before you started the thread.

View Quote

This.  

Your question on "how do I fix this"   has been answered a few times.

If it's a 2020, you bought it used, which means it comes as you saw it when you decided to get it.

Or are you expecting someone (the dealer?) to replace a bumper on a used car that you bought just
because you don't like the mounting holes for a front plate?? lol

Just because it's not required in your state, doesn't mean the car originated in your state.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just rear-end somebody and let your insurance company pay for it.
Do I have to think of everything around here?!  
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Learn to live with it, have a shop paint some Christmas tree style plugs to match, or go to a non-dealer bodyshop and have the bumper removed, holes repaired, and a blend refinish done.

They will remove and disassemble the bumper, mix up a plastic bumper epoxy, fill and bodywork the holes.  It with then get a small bit of primer over the repairs, a small amount of basecoat applied over the repair and blended out a little bit, then the whole bumper will get clearcoated.  If you have it repaired, make sure whatever shop you take it to is willing to remove and disassemble the bumper.  Any place they mask, such as around the grills, can at some point in the future start chipping away.  

At my shop that would be around $800.
View Quote

You forgot about the $3200 BMW upgraded clearcoat...
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why did you buy a used car with holes in the bumper?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My state doesnt even issue front plates. Two dealer made screw holes. How can I fix this?

So you bought a used car with holes in the bumper?

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Personal attacks
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top