Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:49:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Its a BMW, pretty sure it isn't wired for turn signals from the factory.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#2]
get a plate made with 1/2inch letters

IF YOU CAN READ THIS YOU'RE FUCKED
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:53:01 AM EDT
[#3]
IT'S A 4K JOB.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:00:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Op buys m4 with holes in car. Op is worried about 4 grand. Just wait until its maintenance time.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:02:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:02:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

With the invention of 3M molding tape and or strong ass cheap magnets from Amazon...drilling holes is fucking retarded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit I live in a state that requires front plates and they didn’t even drill mine although they did offer which I told them fuck no.

With the invention of 3M molding tape and or strong ass cheap magnets from Amazon...drilling holes is fucking retarded.

Tape is a good idea but plates here are aluminum and bumper facings are usually plastic. Do they have magnets for those materials?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:04:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

2020 M4..... Its a 4K job
View All Quotes

Bullshit and I’m in the industry.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I guess if you’re too poor to fix or change something, you live with it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:09:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#10]
You fix this by paying attention to the photos of said vehicle before you fucking buy it.

Since OP is blind, he moves with those annoying holes. He needs the 4k for eye surgery
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:25:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yup....real morans.
View Quote

But are they Erin Morans?

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Just rear-end somebody and let your insurance company pay for it.
Do I have to think of everything around here?!  
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:29:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You fix this by paying attention to the photos of said vehicle before you fucking buy it.

Since OP is blind, he moves with those annoying holes. He needs the 4k for eye surgery
View Quote

My first thought as well when op finally disclosed he actually bought a used car.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Is there not still a whole industry that makes novelty front plates? I had a Gadsden flag for years before it was cool and it only came off when an accident knocked it off.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My first thought as well when op finally disclosed he actually bought a used car.
View Quote

GD poors have first world problems.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thats a 4k job on this car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thats a 4k job on this car.

Yea, if you buy a new bumper.  Easy fix with this shit from Bondo, a little sand paper, primer and spot painting the bumper.   It’s a flexible filler.
Bumper repair | Bondo plastic bumper repair from Autozone

Former paint and bodyman.

Quoted:
I know people that have refused delivery of a new vehicle due to this.  It helps to have it in writing when ordering the vehicle.

When I ordered my 2015 Mustang, I told the dealership no dealer prep, and if they put the front plate holder on the car they would be ordering me a new bumper.  Didn’t really matter since my sons (adult) friend smashed the bumper into the garage door frame four days later after delivery.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Ask a shop to paint two Xmas tree push-in fasteners (auveeco #11146) and plug the holes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#18]
FPDNNI
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did it come from a state that required front plates ?
Where i live its super common 2 neighboring states have front plates while we dont.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#20]
License Plate Delete

I use these on Subarus
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Used car? You bought it like that, it’s yours.

The $4K estimate soundless bumper replacement if no then it probably includes bumper removal and re-calibration and new fasteners and every thing else they could think of. You need a shop that will do it without removal. Either way, it won’t be 100% perfect unless you do an expensive bumper replacement. It’s your money you get to decide how much it will be.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm surprised the quote wasn't more.
Used BMW owner wanting bumper pulled and repair /painted for 2 tiny holes.
You took it to the dealer right?
The shop decided an average person would not give a shit about. = trouble.
No, shop then said you are going to pay up front for the nit picking to come.
Not that body shop's writers first day on the job. Good bye.

There is a chance the paint might never match again, someone will always be able to tell its been painted then where will you be ?
When they pull the bumper and reinstall hope they get it right the first time because sometimes the align/gaps are never the same unless you tweak it. Always the chance the car will get some scratches or other body damage you won't notice while it's sitting at the shop, you might not see it right away.
Oh and think about the resale with a reported repair on carfax.
It's two tiny holes, when you get fixated on them just repeat " It's just two tiny holes that all the other BWW owner don't care about so why should I. " keep repeating until it passes.
Good luck
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#23]
front plates are monkeypoxobolaids ghey
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hide those holes with a Ranch Hand bumper. A good welder should be able to retrofit one, maybe even find a good used one.
View Quote

Your advice in car threads is always spot on.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quit worrying about it

Move to a state that requires a front plate
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Or you could just mount this on it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:08:01 AM EDT
[#27]
When I went looking for a new truck I wanted a rare combination of options so I had to look around. Only one I found in stock was in VA and the first question I asked was about the front plate and they had already drilled for it. Ended up ordering the truck and waiting 3months to get it.
There is no good and cheap way to make holes go away on a bumper.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#28]
I thought of another option. Get a fake German license plate and put it on the front like all the kids with BMWs do around here.  You can get one that says something German-ish like “Meine Motorkar” or “Das ist fastenshutzen”.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What did the dealer say when you complained ?
View Quote

Not a damn thing,  same as when my wife bought that piece of shit Nissan Murano with only one key and fob, then blew an $8k CVT transmission just like i told her it would

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Shit I live in a state that requires front plates and they didn’t even drill mine although they did offer which I told them fuck no.
View Quote

I do too, on the Mustangs the front bracket is not mounted and the holes aren’t drilled until it’s sold. If the buyer doesn’t want the bracket mounted, we don’t mount it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Learn to live with it, have a shop paint some Christmas tree style plugs to match, or go to a non-dealer bodyshop and have the bumper removed, holes repaired, and a blend refinish done.

They will remove and disassemble the bumper, mix up a plastic bumper epoxy, fill and bodywork the holes.  It with then get a small bit of primer over the repairs, a small amount of basecoat applied over the repair and blended out a little bit, then the whole bumper will get clearcoated.  If you have it repaired, make sure whatever shop you take it to is willing to remove and disassemble the bumper.  Any place they mask, such as around the grills, can at some point in the future start chipping away.  

At my shop that would be around $800.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Just wait until someone hit and runs it while parked and then you're just out your deductible. That's what I did
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#33]
I just had the same thing done at a local body shop to a car worth much more and it was only a touch over 1k.

Find the best body shop around you and go. If you can spring for a M4 you can pay to do that unless you’re over your head w the car.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They would be swapping the bumper from a car in their inventory with the same paint as mine
View Quote

That is what we always did.

4k would be replacing the bumper. Body shop would be 1000-1500 to fill and spray the bumper. Or you can just buy the plugs.

Orrrrr, since you decided to buy a BMW, just get a euro plate and cover the holes.....
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Tape is a good idea but plates here are aluminum and bumper facings are usually plastic. Do they have magnets for those materials?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you attach magnets on the front the plate and behind the bumper or a metal frame
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:42:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Localish dealer has a 2020 m4, it’s a nice looking car. 12k miles asking 62k. It’s also got the front plate

It’s a 60k used 4 year old BMW.  I’d bumper color plug the holes and be happy driving the hell out of it.

I’m also an arfcom poor with low standards so keep that in mind.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

yeah even with clearing the whole bumper I don't see it being 4k.

two small holes you aren't gonna have to blend into other panels
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Here you go OP.

Saved you 2k if you do it yourself.....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:52:05 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

It's a 4 grand paint job bro
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Install a couple stainless hex button head screws to fill the holes.  I do this on hot rods.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Perfect! Than I saved OP almost 6k. The bumper is a genuine BMW part that comes painted!

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Perfect! Than I saved OP almost 6k. The bumper is a genuine BMW part that comes painted!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lmaoooooo

I wonder if the body shop is just gonna order the bumper, slap it on and call it a day

That's an easy 2k profit
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#44]
NOT THE bumper drilled for plates   GASP

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Hat kinda used car dealer did you buy it on?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Cover with these. Added street cred.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:17:44 AM EDT
[#47]
My state issues front plates but they arent required.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

A benelli?

Full of details op.

So high class and yet, you can't find a fix that is suitable to your standards.

Brag thread? Not sure where else we are going here?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#49]
OP bought a used car from a state that had front license plates and now is pissed???????
Slap some JB Weld in the holes and use some touch up paint from NAPA.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Don't worry about it.  They're speed holes.  They make the car go faster.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top