Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Funny, yet many dead taliban thanks to good old Colt M4s.

KAC is a quality firearm no doubt, but for 90% of gun owners it won't make a difference.

Especially if half of them just walked a ridge line at 8k feet over looking Pakistan.

For most folks in GD a good pair of running shoes, a tiny bit of self discipline and diet will make them a better fighter/shooter.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/64/13/ef/6413efae1f482af01d011888afde7ad9.jpg

KAC flex thread

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20856/IMG_1941_JPG-345487.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything but Knights is gay

KAC is a quality firearm no doubt, but for 90% of gun owners it won't make a difference.

Especially if half of them just walked a ridge line at 8k feet over looking Pakistan.

For most folks in GD a good pair of running shoes, a tiny bit of self discipline and diet will make them a better fighter/shooter.

KAC flex thread

Stop trying to teach the loot drops
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Stop trying to teach the loot drops
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Probably for the best.

If you had buyer’s remorse already just imagine how you’d feel once you got it and realized you overpaid for an over-gassed 3 moa rifle.

Pete Brownell did you a favor.
View Quote

Lol. Mine must be broken, the Dimaco barrel in the Legacy SR-15 I have shoots so well I passed on getting a LPR. My SR-25 would shoot M118lr 1moa or better consistently which is probably the limit of my ability and close to that of the ammo.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lol. Mine must be broken, the Dimaco barrel in the Legacy SR-15 I have shoots so well I passed on getting a LPR. My SR-25 would shoot M118lr 1moa or better consistently which is probably the limit of my ability and close to that of the ammo.
View Quote

Your SR-15 must have been made back when they weren’t gassed so that poors could shoot garbage ammo through them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

KAC flex thread

View Quote

I wonder how the Taliban are liking their Colts. Then again I guess they also have KACs to compare them to.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Your SR-15 must have been made back when they weren’t gassed so that poors could shoot garbage ammo through them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, people were complaining about them being under gassed at the time. Same for the SR-25 EMC, kac said it was designed to shoot m118lr suppressed 100% of the time. Then it was “this is bullshit, I can’t even buy the EMC suppressor. Yeah, it’s been 100% reliable un-suppressed, that’s not the point.  What do you mean just use one of the new cans? How am I supposed to LARP out my D-boy fantasy without the cool looking reflex suppressor? Fuck this, I’m buying a SCAR” -me a few years ago, probably.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I wonder how the Taliban are liking their Colts. Then again I guess they also have KACs to compare them to.
View Quote

At least they won't be able to get spare parts for the KAC's (SR25's?)...
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Do they have shit in stock these days? Or did OP get lucky?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#11]
They are great products.

That said, I can run a DD upper just as fast and accurate and I don't feel bad about abusing it.  If I was independently wealthy, I would just abuse KAC gear.  But...I'm not.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
We probably are raiding the SS fund to send them updated E3 bolts.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I mean they designed them to be trans. Oh look it was 9mm but now its 40, RESPECT MY CALIBER PRONOUNS.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Attachment Attached File

Wife's 3T'd Mod 1.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We probably are raiding the SS fund to send them updated E3 bolts.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Probably for the best.

If you had buyer's remorse already just imagine how you'd feel once you got it and realized you overpaid for an over-gassed 3 moa rifle.

Pete Brownell did you a favor.
View Quote

I've had no issue shooting around 1MOA with my 14.5's.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

KAC flex thread

View Quote

Not much to disagree with here.

KAC flex thread:

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They are great products.

That said, I can run a DD upper just as fast and accurate and I don't feel bad about abusing it.  If I was independently wealthy, I would just abuse KAC gear.  But...I'm not.
View Quote

Retail on a MK18 upper is only around $500 less than a Knights upper, and it comes with great sights, hardly need to be wealthy. Abuse the shit out of a Knights, it's a tool and will take it. That said, I've had at least 10-15 Daniel uppers/ rifles, and have used DD barrels for builds more than any other brand, although I lean towards Criterion and Hodge nowadays.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Them guys couldn't keep lube or extra mags, I imagine anything left is in pretty bad shape by now.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

KAC flex thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFcWaLF-kWs

https://i.imgur.com/EeHpSyk.jpg
View Quote
Sweet

You reminded me I need a KAC can one day.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:57:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Piston is cringe though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LMT>KAC

Piston is cringe though.

Then uhhh... Choose DI instead of a piston.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Kinda makes me want to sell my APC upper/gun
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#23]

That mag would go with all of my old KAC stuff that I got rid of years ago!
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

KAC flex thread:

View Quote

I'm no KAC fan, but that particular SR25 is probably the coolest gun I've ever seen.  Everything about it is cool as shit.

I'd be willing to trade in my plethora of PSA shitboxes and my many Spikes Punisher lowers for something like that.

Eta: I would like to see something older and shittier used as an offset dot, like a Docter or Insight MRDS.  That's all I'd change.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LMT>KAC

Piston is cringe though.

I did... From Geissele
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The majority of that shooting was with the 11.5 Mod2/ QDC CQB suppressor. I just prefer the 14.5's now & Hodge barrels for suppressed 11.5's.

11.5 Knights upper is the easy part, good luck on a Knights lower. It's become ridiculous. I personally wouldn't bother. So many great lowers - PWS, LMT, LWRC, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to hear, though I am more worried about bolt life on shorter barrels. I wouldn’t be too concerned about a bolt breaking on a 14.5” rifle. I was kicking around the idea of getting an 11.5” complete rifle when they are available at retail price.

The majority of that shooting was with the 11.5 Mod2/ QDC CQB suppressor. I just prefer the 14.5's now & Hodge barrels for suppressed 11.5's.

11.5 Knights upper is the easy part, good luck on a Knights lower. It's become ridiculous. I personally wouldn't bother. So many great lowers - PWS, LMT, LWRC, etc.

If lowers are hard to get, that’s a hard pass for me. What’s the point of having a KAC engraved upper without a KAC lower? That’s like having one foot in the bank and the other in the dumpster.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Pmag > Lancer
View Quote

Maybe not.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#29]
E3 mod1 is the hottest.

Still want one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It’s true. I use to be a super hetero SR-25 owner but then I decided to experiment and I became a SCARmosexual.

mediocre groups included for therealbluedog
https://i.imgur.com/YSuud5c.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s true. I use to be a super hetero SR-25 owner but then I decided to experiment and I became a SCARmosexual.

mediocre groups included for therealbluedog
https://i.imgur.com/YSuud5c.jpg

Looks like your 20 patterns about as tight as mine
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Maybe not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pmag > Lancer

Maybe not.

Ok first of all that test was dumb, who uses canned ravioli? Imitation crab meat, sure. Chili with beans, definitely. Ammo smoothened with bacon grease, deus vult
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Ok first of all that test was dumb, who uses canned ravioli? Imitation crab meat, sure. Chili with beans, definitely. Ammo smoothened with bacon grease, deus vult
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pmag > Lancer

Maybe not.

@FriskyDillo

We appear to have some requests.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

@FriskyDillo

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pmag > Lancer

Maybe not.

@FriskyDillo

The superior magazine will be able to still function after being filled with bacon grease and refrigerated for 2 hours.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sweet

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

KAC flex thread:

Sweet

I highly recommend it.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm no KAC fan, but that particular SR25 is probably the coolest gun I've ever seen.  Everything about it is cool as shit.

I'd be willing to trade in my plethora of PSA shitboxes and my many Spikes Punisher lowers for something like that.

Eta: I would like to see something older and shittier used as an offset dot, like a Docter or Insight MRDS.  That's all I'd change.
View Quote

Thank you kindly, sir. That old photo of Shrek's BR from one of his deployments to Iraq combined with the photo of Slab's BR that he carried high up on Takur Ghar during Anaconda really set me on the path. My only complaint with those rifles is that ch0nky-ass railed gas block; I fucking hate the aesthetics of that thing on what's supposed to be a short and streamlined carbine, so that's why I built mine with a regular ol' low profile block instead.

The RMR wasn't my first choice. I honestly love the aesthetics of a piggybacked T1 in the old Wilcox mount but those have since become unobtanium, and unfortunately the repros that were recently done just didn't fit that well. But I kinda dig blending old with new and I love how this gun turned out.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Salient upper is better imho.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The ones who need that level of quality don't pay for it, and ones that don't need it, do pay for it.

Like Rolex watches, there's need, then want.
I could never justify $15K on a watch either.

To each there own, but I cannot extract the value out of a KAC product.
View Quote

Paid less for my sub than most have in a KAC setup.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Was is a SR25 upper?

Where did you buy it from?

How much did it cost?

Are your children going hungry?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:52:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This is actually ingenious. You buy a high-end Gucci AR, that really isn’t better than any other well-made AR in any OBJECTIVE way; then you insist that it is, and nobody can prove otherwise because the only way to do that is to actually buy one of them.  

I’m not poor. As a matter of pure statistics, I probably make more money than at least 95% of the people that are members here. But one of the reasons that I’m not poor is that I’m smart with my money. If you can afford a KAC rifle and you want one, go ahead and buy one. When some people want to brag, they will show you their rifles. If I wanna brag, I’ll show you my targets, or my split times. I’m not saying my approach is better, but neither is yours.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I own some KAC hardware. I do love their rifles.  The SR-15 Mod 2 is one of the most well-balanced, factory rifles that I have handled.

I don't like their triggers.

I realize their prices have increased significantly, but shit like this, is just fucking silly...

Also, the SR-25's chambered in 6.5CM are apparently such fucking unicorns that people are fetching 15k for them.  Again, they're great rifles, no doubt about it, but 15k for a 6.5CM gasser is just stupid.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I own some KAC hardware. I do love their rifles.  The SR-15 Mod 2 is one of the most well-balanced, factory rifles that I have handled.

I don't like their triggers.

I realize their prices have increased significantly, but shit like this, is just fucking silly...

Also, the SR-25's chambered in 6.5CM are apparently such fucking unicorns that people are fetching 15k for them.  Again, they're great rifles, no doubt about it, but 15k for a 6.5CM gasser is just stupid.
View Quote

If that Super Tap came with the big-bore NT4, I could understand the price. FWIW, that muzzle device is probably more rare than the 5.56 version and we've seen what those regularly fetch on the market.

Buddy of mine has an unfired 6.5 upper; I'm not even sure he knows what it's worth, lol.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If that Super Tap came with the big-bore NT4, I could understand the price. FWIW, that muzzle device is probably more rare than the 5.56 version and we've seen what those regularly fetch on the market.

Buddy of mine has an unfired 6.5 upper; I'm not even sure he knows what it's worth, lol.
View Quote

Very interesting. I understand the rarity, but I just can't comprehend damn near $8000.00 for a muzzle device.

As far as your friend's 6.5 upper goes, he should probably know that he's sitting on a lotto ticket

You don't even have to risk losing it to auction, just hit the "Buy Now" button, only $25k!

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:14:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Seconded.

ATLAS ONLY OR GAY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Staccato confirmed gay

Seconded.

ATLAS ONLY OR GAY

I’m gay for an Alchmey Quantico HiCap.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:21:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:40:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:45:59 AM EDT
[#46]
This thread, mostly:

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:47:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 2:49:06 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

That can laying in the pine straw is probably worth as much as a base model Corolla.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:02:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I replaced my SR15 mod2 uppers with G SDs.

Still like the lowers more though.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/47980/IMG_2802-2621684.jpg
View Quote

Nah. G is garbage, brah.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:04:42 AM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes

Quoted:
I replaced my SR15 mod2 uppers with G SDs.

Still like the lowers more though.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/47980/IMG_2802-2621684.jpg

TA33 in og SLR mount master race, unbeatable for the weight.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top