BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The chinese are already buying up everything that comes off the battlefield, why not a battalion of Bradleys? With the amount of Kontakt-1 those sub-Russian mouth breathers in Kiev put on everything, no one would notice until they're in a parade in Hong Kong. Unless one of the better news sources like The American Conservative breaks it first. That was Zelenskis end goal anyways, resist just enough let that straight cash pipeline funnel from the American taxpayer right into his accounts (some of which are linked to Russia!!)

View Quote

Would you have a source for the Chinese buy equipment from Ukraine, if I understood you correctly?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#2]

There’s a female present. Fake pic.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Another welfare state we have to maintain.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
You know what never gets old?  Every single Ukraine thread is immediately bombarded with the same bunch of anti-Ukraine posters all complaining about some inevitable rush of pro-Ukraine posters, which never materializes.   It's literally every single Ukraine thread.  The irony is just magnificent.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You know what never gets old?  Every single Ukraine thread is immediately bombarded with the same bunch of anti-Ukraine posters all complaining about some inevitable rush of pro-Ukraine posters, which never materializes.   It's literally every single Ukraine thread.  The irony is just magnificent.
View Quote

Not wanting to create more welfare states or dump our tax dollars into another country equals anti-ukraine?

Some of us are pro ukraine or neutral but just tired of the same old bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Would you have a source for the Chinese buy equipment from Ukraine, if I understood you correctly?
View Quote

Guessing a reference to pre war https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Business-deals/Ukraine-blocks-Chinese-takeover-of-jet-engine-maker-on-US-urging
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

And the same bunch of bros. Hop down off your high horse.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The chinese are already buying up everything that comes off the battlefield, why not a battalion of Bradleys? With the amount of Kontakt-1 those sub-Russian mouth breathers in Kiev put on everything, no one would notice until they're in a parade in Hong Kong. Unless one of the better news sources like The American Conservative breaks it first. That was Zelenskis end goal anyways, resist just enough let that straight cash pipeline funnel from the American taxpayer right into his accounts (some of which are linked to Russia!!)

View Quote

Only buy I’m aware of https://www.rferl.org/amp/ukraine-seizes-motor-sich/31161801.html
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No doubt that's what he's doing, i don't see any evidence of a single thing we sent being used on a battlefield.
View Quote
The ruskie's are posting busted up self propelled guns and APCs in their propaganda telegram channels, so there is proof that some is getting there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Zelenskiy: Ukraine needs more weapons, faster
View Quote
We have Top Men working on it.  TOP MEN!
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Thanks!

According to that, Kiev blocked the chicoms from buying the aerospace company. I believe we would owe them for that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#12]
No way!
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought they were kicking orc ass?

Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Lol, Russia wants the war to drag on ?

No one wants it to last longer than pedo Joe and the Dems and the war industries .

Transitioned right from war on terror to Ukraine
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sent you a IM
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sent you a IM
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's what I thought too. All I ever hear about is them destroying the Russians left and right so many drone videos dropping grenades killing multiple Russians at a time etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought they were winning? No?

That's what I thought too. All I ever hear about is them destroying the Russians left and right so many drone videos dropping grenades killing multiple Russians at a time etc.

Russia has a massive manpower and even more equipment stockpiles. They're slowly pulling out more tanks, even if older shittier ones, from storage. Ukraine might be getting a more favorable rate of casualty exchange but this is a war of attrition. Both countries will grind each other down. Back when this war kicked off I thought Ukraine would fall within a week. The fact this war is almost a year old and Russia is still nowhere near fully taking Ukraine is amazing.

It would be like the US invasion of Iraq in 91, except instead of a curb stomp the US was fighting there 11 months later with almost 3,000 tanks knocked out.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Can the US send all the Putin-fluffers to Moscow?
View Quote

So where do us America Bros go/do? Especially since we think Z and Pooti can suck a fart out of their collective assholes....together.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Russia has a massive manpower and even more equipment stockpiles. They're slowly pulling out more tanks, even if older shittier ones, from storage. Ukraine might be getting a more favorable rate of casualty exchange but this is a war of attrition. Both countries will grind each other down. Back when this war kicked off I thought Ukraine would fall within a week. The fact this war is almost a year old and Russia is still nowhere near fully taking Ukraine is amazing.

It would be like the US invasion of Iraq in 91, except instead of a curb stomp the US was fighting there 11 months later with almost 3,000 tanks knocked out.
View Quote

They would have fallen in a week.

The only reason they still have a flag is because of us.

And now we hand them an EBT card like the rest of the leeches we take care of endlessly.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#21]
When we kicked the Brit's out who supplied us with weapons again.................
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Why doesnt he ask hunter to unload some more paintings for him?

Shit. Z-fanbiis here are getting a stiffy at the thought of having another 20+ yr war.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Can't they make their own? I'm all for helping countries but those countries gotta pay back or pony up their own defense at some point.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have trouble believing this one.  How are they getting the kills ?

In most other conflicts, most causalities resulted from indirect fire.  This war became an Artillery duel early on.  In the beginning of the war the Ukrainians were on the receiving end of a 1:5? mismatch in Artillery.  If the Ukrainians are getting a favorable rate, they how are they getting the kills?   Also, how does each side compare with treatment of their wounded?  

Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

In most other conflicts, most causalities resulted from indirect fire.  This war became an Artillery duel early on.  In the beginning of the war the Ukrainians were on the receiving end of a 1:5? mismatch in Artillery.  If the Ukrainians are getting a favorable rate, they how are they getting the kills?   Also, how does each side compare with treatment of their wounded?  

View Quote

This is not the thread for legitimate questions
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#26]
If I was a dude in charge of a country and another country invaded me,
I would want everything I can get as soon as I could get it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Russia has and will continue to adapt; even at the cost of many lives and precious resource. We are not dealing with folks that think the “we” do. Russia is ok with a war of attrition and will chip away at any advantage Ukraine has…. Until a new western capability is introduced. Rinse and repeat.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No one wants it to last longer than pedo Joe and the Dems and the war industries .

View Quote

Pretty sure the Chi Coms want it to drag on as long as possible.

If we are gonna do it we should do it blitzkrieg style
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Putin and his entire vile regime need to take a dirt-nap.

End Russia.  Permanently.
View Quote

Just hit the canned sunshine already, brah.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Putin and his entire vile regime need to take a dirt-nap.

End Russia.  Permanently.

Nah, I’m good with the frog boil.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Not at all. Anytime anyone throws up a poll, aid to Ukraine runs about 35 to 40% for, about 60% against.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LoL, Seems the vast majority here were Uke Bros just a year ago! What gives?

Not at all. Anytime anyone throws up a poll, aid to Ukraine runs about 35 to 40% for, about 60% against.

It certainly seemed like it reading the posts early on.
My search Foo is weak. I can't find a single pole.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#33]
DIE you fuck'n Cretin!
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I will attempt to answer, from my observations. They could be off base.

1. Russia will never "run out of ammo" however much people project that narrative. But, their cadence of fire has definitely decreased. I have seen reports, if to be believed, the cadence has dropped from 60k to 20k per day. I think they can sustain this rate with their production all through 2023.
2. Ukraine has good tactical level precision artillery with HIMARS and Excalibur. They employ this correctly it seems, on troop concentrations on and behind the LOC. Russia doesn't seem to be using their PGM for tactical level support, but instead of attacking infrastructure or terrorizing civilians. On the battlefield they use mass MRLS and 152, and go with mass over precision.
3. Generally more casualties are always taken by attackers than defenders.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
DIE you fuck'n Cretin!
View Quote

They tried.  Being Russian of course, they failed.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Dude, seriously? Zelensky is asking for weapons for his military to defend their country. Comparing him to Hitler for that, a bit much don't you think?
View Quote

are they really that different from each other? both have nazi's fighting for them
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

are they really that different from each other? both have nazi's fighting for them
View Quote
One murdered 6 million at least and you really ask "are they that different?"

Reality has left the premises for some of you.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Dude, seriously? Zelensky is asking for weapons for his military to defend their country. Comparing him to Hitler for that, a bit much don't you think?
View Quote

Dude. You’re in your 23 year of participation here. How is it possible that you haven’t noticed that, in these second string, international pissing contests, GD generally sides against whomever our country is giving money and materiel to.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#39]
I bet that soon we will see Russia make big territorial gains.  They don’t care how many personnel it will cost them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I will attempt to answer, from my observations. They could be off base.

1. Russia will never "run out of ammo" however much people project that narrative. But, their cadence of fire has definitely decreased. I have seen reports, if to be believed, the cadence has dropped from 60k to 20k per day. I think they can sustain this rate with their production all through 2023.
2. Ukraine has good tactical level precision artillery with HIMARS and Excalibur. They employ this correctly it seems, on troop concentrations on and behind the LOC. Russia doesn't seem to be using their PGM for tactical level support, but instead of attacking infrastructure or terrorizing civilians. On the battlefield they use mass MRLS and 152, and go with mass over precision.
3. Generally more casualties are always taken by attackers than defenders.
View Quote

There's not enough HIMARS and Excalibur to offset the numerous fields with a zig-zag trench and shell craters that look like the Somme.  The HIMARS are $150K a pop and they only have a few dozen launchers.  Excaliburs are $68K per pop, I doubt they are beating down trenches with them.  Seems like they were hitting the Ammo dumps and command centers for a while from a distance.  The ground pounding is happening with cheap Artillery.

Link Posted: 1/30/2023 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
you got any cash to buy weapons with?

no? then fuck off midget
View Quote

c'mon man, he was really trying with 4% of GDP!

He's like that homeless guy who tried to get a job by sending out one application a week then cries to daddy to come bail him out because life is so hard he has no money.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would benefit China for us to be tied up in this war so they can make their move.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I bet that soon we will see Russia make big territorial gains.  They don’t care how many personnel it will cost them.
View Quote

They haven't had the logistical wherewithal to push aggressively anywhere but bahkmut for... what, 6 months?  

Assuming they take Bakhmut (possible), how far does that get them until they reach the next set of prepared defenses?

Where else are they going to attack?   Kharkiv?   There's a reason they retreated from there in the first place.   Likewise the push south from Belarus to Kiev.

Kherson?  Good luck with that.   They couldn't hold it in the first place.

North from Melitopol?  Maybe they'll try but again...its not just a manpower thing.   And Ukraine has the long range fire capacity and intelligence to make their front line logistics suck really hard.

I really don't see where they'd make these big territorial gains.... it's not like they just haven't been trying.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Pretty soon they'll be demanding new soldiers too
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Lara Logan on the MSM reporting of Ukraine.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/gCJ0EfOGo09H/
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

There's not enough HIMARS and Excalibur to offset the numerous fields with a zig-zag trench and shell craters that look like the Somme.  The HIMARS are $150K a pop and they only have a few dozen launchers.  Excaliburs are $68K per pop, I doubt they are beating down trenches with them.  Seems like they were hitting the Ammo dumps and command centers for a while from a distance.  The ground pounding is happening with cheap Artillery.

View Quote
Yes you are correct. That is what I was referring too as "troop concentrations".
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#49]

He is straight-up soiling himself in that top picture.

Heck, he's probably doing it in picture two, as well.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think it's a mistake to simply characterize the war as an artillery duel. I would say that so far the war has four distinct phases.

The first is what I would call the Russian hopium phase, when they tried to decapitate Ukraine's government and defeat Ukraine's army through rapid maneuver warfare. This plan failed for a variety of reasons, one of which will become a recurring theme in the next few phases of the war: lack of mobilization/conscription. Failing to mobilize meant many of Russia's best units went to war with a severe shortage of infantry. This shortage of infantry left their heavy armored units vulnerable to light Ukrainian formations and led to disproportionate casualties and heavy loss rates for some of their best equipment. Meanwhile Ukraine started mobilization and used Territorial Defense Forces to temporarily fill their own manpower gap. This first phase ended with the extremely expensive retreat from Kiev.

The second phase was characterized by Russia trying to use the weight of their artillery to complete their conquest of the Donbas and to cut Ukraine off from the Black Sea. You could call this phase an artillery duel, and the Russians certainly brought an impressive weight of artillery to bear during this period, but it's also a phase where the Russians were trying to smash headlong through prepared defenses. Frontal assaults on trench lines are real expensive and WWI pretty conclusively shows that volume of fire alone is not sufficient to change that. During this time Russia relied heavily on poorly trained and equipped conscripts from the DNR/LNR as their infantry. Ukraine, on the other hand, was phasing out TDF and bringing mobilized units on line. Ukraine also received HIMARS at the end of this phase.

The third phase started with Ukraine's Kharkiv offensive. Precision strikes on Russian rear areas and a deception campaign that convinced Russia to shift forces to Kherson left the Kharkiv front undermanned and Ukraine found and exploited weaknesses in the line through rapid attacks, forcing the Russians to retreat in disarray for the second time in the war. This was followed in short order by a legitimate Kherson offensive from which the Russians were again forced to retreat, although in somewhat better order than the first two times. During this phase the Russians finally started mobilization, rushing Russian mobiks into combat after little or no training in desperation as their forces were rolled up in Kharkiv.

The Russian retreat from Kherson brings us to the current phase of the war, where the Russians are again making frontal assaults on prepared Ukrainian positions in the Donbas, only this time without anywhere near the volume of artillery they employed during phase 2. This remains extremely expensive.

So TL;DR: failure to mobilize and poor tactical, operational, and strategic decisions have led to the Russians taking disproportionate losses.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top