Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2001 7:22:38 AM EDT
I'm posting this in general discussion to get the most views. Everyone needs to get on the phone, write letters, email, visit their reps, whatever it takes to stop this bill.

Not only will it ban any high-cap magazines from being imported,
it will also make it illegal to transfer any high-cap magazines - so you can never again buy,
sell, or even give away high caps.

[url]https://www.keepandbeararms.com/news/kabanews/display_day_archive.asp?d=5%2F30%2F2001[/url]

Rep. Diana DeGette of Colorado has introduced H.R.1922.

A few years ago, domestic manufacture of large capacity magazines was banned. This Bill would also ban the import of foreign-made large capacity magazines and criminalize the transfer of lawfully owned large capacity magazines that were legally purchased prior to the ban.

KABA NOTE: This bill already has 25 cosponsors. CONTACT YOUR U.S. REPS to OPPOSE this bill!

Also, CONTACT THE HOUSE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE MEMBERS to oppose this bill!
View Quote

Original bill located at [url]http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c107:H.R.1922:[/url]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#1]
so what. Did the ban stop you from putting a preban upper on your post ban lower? They can go jump.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:51:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I will leave specific insturctions with my family that after I am dead that all of my mags are to be destroyed.  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:52:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with the pre-upper on post-lower argument but this would be akin to making it illegal to transfer pre-uppers at all. Hence, no one would be able to "transfer" mags at all.

If this gets to Bush's desk he will more than likley sign it as he agrees with the current ban on US manufactured hi-caps.

Just another straw for the camel to carry, or line in the sand crossed, that will be accepted by the sheeple of this country.

Here is the actual bill:
[url]http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c107:H.R.1922:[/url]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Admit defeat. The Republic is lost. Even military personel here are talking about killing gun owners.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with Imbrog|io...I am going to give up.  They can have all my guns...they would have won anyway.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sick and tired of writing my reps.  Honestly.  When the black market really gets going (like in Britain) the price of full capacity mags will likely plummet.  

This is somewhat tongue in cheek, but I'm beginning to not give a shit about gun laws anymore--AT ALL.

I'll still make sure I call my Senators (Edwards, yeah like he gives a flying fuck about gun owners) and Helms (this guy has been in office so long you'd think he was royalty).  Helms is a good guy, mind you, but our biggest problem is career politicians of all colors.  That stupid Democrat from Taxachusetts that just died was in office for 15 terms!  Some kind of republic this is! Look at Thurmond, Kennedy, etc.  They have no business being in office for a lifetime.  Jefferson and Madison would be shocked by their hubris.

Our NC Congressmen are somewhat better, but the form letters I get back have convinced me that they have an agenda all their own.    

All I want to know is, when do we get to start shooting these traitors?

Link Posted: 5/30/2001 11:20:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm sick and tired of writing my reps.  Honestly.  When the black market really gets going (like in Britain) the price of full capacity mags will likely plummet.  

This is somewhat tongue in cheek, but I'm beginning to not give a shit about gun laws anymore--AT ALL.

View Quote

Anyone that does not comply with gun laws only hurts the 2nd Amendment and you will be giving gun owners a bad name because you will no longer be "law abiding".

You will have to constantly look over your shoulder when you are at competitions or duck hunting and will jeopardize the continuation of your hobby.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'll still make sure I call my Senators (Edwards, yeah like he gives a flying fuck about gun owners) and Helms (this guy has been in office so long you'd think he was royalty).  Helms is a good guy, mind you, but our biggest problem is career politicians of all colors.  That stupid Democrat from Taxachusetts that just died was in office for 15 terms!  Some kind of republic this is! Look at Thurmond, Kennedy, etc.  They have no business being in office for a lifetime.  Jefferson and Madison would be shocked by their hubris.

Our NC Congressmen are somewhat better, but the form letters I get back have convinced me that they have an agenda all their own.    

View Quote

Read the book, "Term Limits" by Vince Flynn
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

When one of us grows the balls not only to pull the trigger but admit to it and defend the actions as an act inspired by our founding fathers and the Decleration of Independence!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Another gun law, that if passed, I will just ignore.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#12]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#13]
[%(]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#14]
The transfer part would be impossible to enforce, except on the retail level.  Another stupid POS bill.  Just be glad that they did not register our high caps as DDs.  That little proviso was in the oringinal draft of the '94 AW ban bill.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I agree with trickshot, make me a criminal and I will start acting like one.  Everytime I turn around someone is telling me to contact my rep.  I live in Texas and not in a big city, so there is nothing wrong with my reps on the gun issues.  Why don't some of ya'll who have reps like Fienstein (sp), Schumer, Clinton, & Kennedy do something about them. [:(!]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#16]
No more gun laws of any sort, please.
It should be a law that if you try to destroy the Constitution you get shot.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey Diana DeGette...if you were standing somewhere and you bent over and I was holding a broom....I bet I know where I could shove the handle.  Why Ms. DeGette are you wiser than Patrick Henry, Samuel Adams, James Madison and the rest of us.  Go back to school you stupid traitor and read you American history lessons!!!
I am continually amazed that we are led by total and complete IDIOTS!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey Diana DeGette...if you were standing somewhere and you bent over and I was holding a broom....I bet I know where I could shove the handle.  Why Ms. DeGette are you wiser than Patrick Henry, Samuel Adams, James Madison and the rest of us.  Go back to school you stupid traitor and read you American history lessons!!!
I am continually amazed that we are led by total and complete IDIOTS!!!!!!
View Quote

,,,,,Who are voted into public office by complete idiots.

Let's not forget who's fault this really is.

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#19]
How ya gonna enforce this one? I have five mags for my AR . . . wait, it's six. (They multiply ya know!)

They're not registered. Hold on . . . seven mags. Did it again!

Hard to believe that restricting sales on an item that is legal to possess would pass any sort of Constitutional muster.

If you can find me an item that is legal to posses and unlawful to transfer, I'd like to hear about it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 12:45:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Powder,

Correct me if I am wrong, I am NOT from there...

But arent there some things in Kalikommie that possession is legal on, but transfer is NOT?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 12:50:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I wrote mine

May 31, 2001

Dear Congressman Miller,

Myself, and other law abiding gun owners residing in your district, are troubled by your co-sponsorship of H.R. 1922, which would ban the sale of so-called "pre-ban" high-capacity rifle and pistol magazines. By banning these magazines, you in effect create a sort of de-facto gun ban as once one's existing supply of magazines wear out, the magazines cannot be replaced and the weapon becomes unusable. Clearly, this bill is being used in an indirect way to ban semi-automatic rifles and handguns. One of the factors that led to the passing of the 1994 Crime Bill was the express guarantee that pre-ban magazines would be exempt from the ban. In fact, I believe many Democrat gun owners who were "sitting on the fence" at that time gained a small measure of assurance in knowing that pre-ban magazines would continue to be available. It appears however, that this assurance was temporary. As a long time gun owner and target shooter living in your district, I am troubled that you would go back on your word by supporting this bill.

Why do you continue to punish law abiding gun owners? These laws fail, in every test, to affect criminals as by definition these people do not obey the law. I find your support of this most recent violation of our rights highly discouraging.
View Quote

Some good it will do me as they are already banned in my state! [:(!]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 12:52:28 AM EDT
[#22]
By the way, I saw no mention of this bill on the NRA-ILA web site. Should I be surprised?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:29:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Who the FK is gonna enforce it?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 3:56:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By no ma''am:
I agree with trickshot, make me a criminal and I will start acting like one.  Everytime I turn around someone is telling me to contact my rep.  I live in Texas and not in a big city, so there is nothing wrong with my reps on the gun issues.  Why don't some of ya'll who have reps like Fienstein (sp), Schumer, Clinton, & Kennedy do something about them. [:(!]
View Quote

Not intended as a flame but have ANY of your reps sponsored/co-sponsored a bill to eliminate ANY anti-gun control laws?  If not then they are indeed part of the problem.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:01:47 AM EDT
[#25]
"Admit defeat. The Republic is lost."

"I agree with Imbrog|io...I am going to give up. They can have all my guns...they would have won anyway"

"Anyone that does not comply with gun laws only hurts the 2nd Amendment and you will be giving gun owners a bad name because you will no longer be "law abiding"."
View Quote

Ah, I get it!  We're all going to [i]pretend[/i] the fight is lost... and then what?

"All I want to know is, when do we get to start shooting these traitors?"
View Quote

Yeah, it's about time, isn't it?

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:16:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Diana DeGette is a total joke and will lose her job in 2002. She has done nothing in her time in office. Better late than never.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#27]
For those of you that are thinking, "So what?" Consider this...

Right now, the posession of a post ban high capacity mag carries the same penalty as posession of a class five destructive device.  If transfer is made illegal, it will be just as illegal as purchasing a live hand grenade at a gun show.  If you know someone that will sell us all hand grenades with no risk of legal trouble, I am sure that every member on this board will be waiting to purchase a dozen or so.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#28]

The Hell with the commies, Iam feed up with
 all of Washington,D.C. They think their God
 and were to stupid to do anything.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#29]
PARA BELLUM............
 GGradualism works.  'They' will continue to use the tactic as long as it works.  Write your reps if you want, then ask the folks from the PRK how much good it does.............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top