Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I messed up and paid for the 1yr discounted HBO Max offer, I wish I hadn’t.

I guess this is something new, I’ll check it out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#2]
We are planning to watch it. Hopefully it won’t be too woke. We already know the little girl is a lesbian. But as long as she is not playing bumper cars with every female she meets I can hold my nose and watch.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Three minutes in and there's the magic words...global warming.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
This is very good so far and very faithful to the game.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:21:19 PM EDT
[#5]
That was pretty good!
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The game got woke as fuck for the last of us 2, so a TV adaptation should be unbearably commie.

I’m going to give it a shot but I’m holding my nose until proven wrong
View Quote

I'm guessing it's going to go more to the 2 side.  Which is a shame.

The Last of Us 2 is a perfect example of how woke bullshit---which, make no mistake, is all about how these people are not like you---can kill an otherwise amazing IP.

I swear, Lucasfilm took notes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Both games are great fuck the haters
View Quote

Both games?  

LOL.  All you deserve.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:26:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That was pretty good!
View Quote

I enjoyed it.  Never played the game.  I'll watch it.  I both love and hate an episode a week.  I'd binge it all tonight if I could, but it's nice to have something to watch every Sunday.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#9]
It’s a documentary of the last couple of years and what is to come.

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#10]
It wasn’t terrible.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Cautiously optimistic after the first episode.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:40:33 PM EDT
[#12]
1st episode set the hook. I am pleased so far.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Neil cuckman can fuck himself
View Quote

Disappointed with TLOU2?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Was decent. Didn’t amaze but should get better.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Anna Torv's in this?  I still remember her fondly from those Fringe days.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:46:18 PM EDT
[#16]
was ok..

looks like walking dead redoo...

zombies, quarantine zones, living on the fringe, escape to freedom zone etc.....

i was never a walking dead fan. we'll see how this goes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:01:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Having played through the 1st game multiple times (currently on my 4th play-through), they've kept sort of close to it.

I'm not sure how I feel about Nick Offerman playing Bill in the upcoming episode, though. The guy that did his voice (and the likeness for the character) in the video game would've been the perfect choice to play him in this series. He's an actor and has been in a few movies and TV shows I've watched. His whole attitude in the game was so perfect. And as soon as I heard his voice in the game, I knew exactly who it was in real life. But Nick Offerman? Really? I just don't see it. At least they got the person who did Marlene's voice in the game to play the same character in the show.

The people that did the voices of Joel and Ellie in the game do have small parts in the show.

Overall, I liked it. I thought they did a really good job of showing the bleakness of 20 years of shit that affected the entire world and caused the downfall of the society we know, today.

I'll keep watching as I'm a BIG fan of the show. And from what I've read, the 1st season will basically be the 1st game. So I'm assuming the 2nd season will be the 2nd game. I don't know what will happen after that. Hell I don't know what's going to happen after this season. I never played the 2nd game.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
was ok..

looks like walking dead redoo...

zombies, quarantine zones, living on the fringe, escape to freedom zone etc.....

i was never a walking dead fan. we'll see how this goes.
View Quote

Um, no.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:39:07 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm going to watch it.

HBO has done a good job with White Lotus so I'm hoping they get back after it with their shows.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:40:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Off to a good start
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:48:23 AM EDT
[#22]
We liked it and will continue to watch.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Having played through the 1st game multiple times (currently on my 4th play-through), they've kept sort of close to it.

I'm not sure how I feel about Nick Offerman playing Bill in the upcoming episode, though. The guy that did his voice (and the likeness for the character) in the video game would've been the perfect choice to play him in this series. He's an actor and has been in a few movies and TV shows I've watched. His whole attitude in the game was so perfect. And as soon as I heard his voice in the game, I knew exactly who it was in real life. But Nick Offerman? Really? I just don't see it. At least they got the person who did Marlene's voice in the game to play the same character in the show.

The people that did the voices of Joel and Ellie in the game do have small parts in the show.

Overall, I liked it. I thought they did a really good job of showing the bleakness of 20 years of shit that affected the entire world and caused the downfall of the society we know, today.

I'll keep watching as I'm a BIG fan of the show. And from what I've read, the 1st season will basically be the 1st game. So I'm assuming the 2nd season will be the 2nd game. I don't know what will happen after that. Hell I don't know what's going to happen after this season. I never played the 2nd game.
View Quote

Let's hope they just skip the 2nd game and do what they want. Im sure whatever they come up with will be better than that trash.

SPOILER alert below for the 2nd game.

The 2nd game story sucks because they kill Joel off in literally the first 20 minutes of the game then you play half the game as Elle and the other half as the person who killed Joel and get forced through a weird sex scene as that person. Then to top it off Elle doesn't even get revenge for Joel. Making the whole Story as Elle worthless since the whole reason of her story is to get revenge on the person who caved Joels skull in.

The Best parts of that game were flashback scenes with Joel thats literally it.

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:09:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Pretty good.
What is the infection vector?
I kept thinking Sara looked familiar and it turns out she's Thandie Newton's daughter.
Quibbling: Beating someone to death barehanded is almost certainly going to break multiple hand and wrist bones.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:10:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Overall good first episode.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:14:57 AM EDT
[#26]
First episode was good. If the first season ends with the end of the first game I will be content and not watch the second season like I didn't buy the second game. It pisses me off that Druckman is benefitting from this though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:32:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Pretty sure it will be one episode per week.
View Quote

That’s fucking weak. I’ll just wait the 9 weeks and then binge it. That old TV model is why HBO will never be successful.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:42:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Both games?  

LOL.  All you deserve.
View Quote
TLOU 2 gave me months of entertainment. I didn't play it but we got a lotta memes out of it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:45:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Pretty good.
I kept thinking Sara looked familiar and it turns out she's Thandie Newton's daughter.
Quibbling: Beating someone to death barehanded is almost certainly going to break multiple hand and wrist bones.
View Quote

Cordyceps fungus.

In ants it can take over their brain and behavior; they'll go to a plant and then lock their jaws on.  Eventually stalks of fungus grow out and send out spores infecting others.  So we have to imagine the version of cordyceps in the game/tv show can infect humans and spread to them through spores in the air, or being attacked and then bitten allowing spores to get into the victim.

The beginning scene on had the doctor explaining some of this which really helps new viewers.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:49:37 AM EDT
[#30]
I never played the game. Too old for that stuff, but I liked the first episode if they can mange to have the characters stay on an even footing with each other it will be good.
I like Anna Torv from the fringe series and hope she sticks around unless she becomes an overbearing bitch. Sadly most female characters these days have to be powerful at the expense of the males in the show.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:53:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Depech Mode ride with my best friend ( studio version ) ''original''
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:54:49 AM EDT
[#32]
That was pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:00:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Way better than expected.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:01:06 AM EDT
[#34]
First episode was very close to following the source material that is the game. I enjoyed the game.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:20:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Both games?  

LOL.  All you deserve.
View Quote

I deserve Last of Us 3
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:42:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Love the game but haven’t seen the show yet. How are y’all liking it? I did see at least 1 race-swap already.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:46:12 AM EDT
[#37]
I played the first game for like 30 minutes and couldn’t get into it. I might try the show but I have no idea what’s going on. If it’s like every other adaptation I’m sure that won’t matter.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:48:37 AM EDT
[#38]
I know I’m a bit strange, but I never play games “for the story”, that’s like watching TV.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 3:01:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Just watched the first episode.  I was thinking that you all were morons for thinking the show follows the game’s story line, until I figured out that I never played TLOU and was instead thinking of Days Gone.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 3:07:57 AM EDT
[#40]
I'll watch it but if it has anything to do with the story in the 2nd game I have zero interest in continuing to that point
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 3:18:22 AM EDT
[#41]
I never played the game but I have an idea of the story and enjoyed the first episode.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 3:41:27 AM EDT
[#42]
I never understood giving a fuck about the story of a game. Sure some of them are ok, but the only thing that matters is game play.  

Too many games these days force you to sit through cutscenes and it's just pure cringe.

Zombies, tranny's, Nazis, or tanks -- it should be fun to play.  Fuck the story. It's ancillary to the whole thing.

Never played this one, but it sounded terrible cuz nobody ever once said it was fun to play, just kept talking about how great the story was. Who gives a fuck. That's what movies are for.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 3:48:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I never understood giving a fuck about the story of a game. Sure some of them are ok, but the only thing that matters is game play.  

Too many games these days force you to sit through cutscenes and it's just pure cringe.

Zombies, tranny's, Nazis, or tanks -- it should be fun to play.  Fuck the story. It's ancillary to the whole thing.

Never played this one, but it sounded terrible cuz nobody ever once said it was fun to play, just kept talking about how great the story was. Who gives a fuck. That's what movies are for.
View Quote

I mean… Some games have fantastic story. Some of the telltale games are more story driven than gameplay. Yeah, no one is going into COD expecting a fantastic narrative. Games like The Witcher, TLOU, Horizon Zero Dawn, are able to blend great gameplay while telling a great story.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 4:48:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Disappointed with TLOU2?
View Quote
fuck him after sandman and all the sweaty woke horseshit he spewed to push that garbage. I hope that cunt dies in a fire.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
fuck him after sandman and all the sweaty woke horseshit he spewed to push that garbage. I hope that cunt dies in a fire.
View Quote

lol wut
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Pretty good.
View Quote

Yeah he’s 56 when he does that. Arm would be ruined
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#48]

Yeah, I still don't get it. I probably won't care, anyway.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disappointed with TLOU2?

Are you thinking of Neil Gaiman? He's the writer of Sandman (comic and show) but afaik he's got nothing to do with TLOU2
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Pretty good. Never played the game
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top