Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Just got home from church, as usual.

It was great, as usual.

I'll be there next week, as usual.

Unless Jesus comes back this week.  I hope He does.  Then, I will be in Glory next week.

I love Jesus, I love His church, and I love my brothers and sisters in Christ.  It is always a pleasure to worship with them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I am such an infidel, even atheists and infidels call me 'infidel.'

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#3]
It's kind of funny...

I wonder how much good in the world could actually be done if Christian Churchgoers would reduce their sitting time by 25% and volunteer that time in the community.

In my experience, every single church that I have ever attended or visited (hundreds) has been nothing more than a self-sanctified social club. The human drama and conflicts within the congregations have made me realize that I am absolutely able to carry on a productive, healthy relationship with G-d without inviting that level of nonsense into my world.

I'll pass.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#4]
The closest church of my denomination is thousands of miles away - so I think God will forgive me if I don't go.

Then again, most members of my church - Church of Denmark - don't actually go very often.  I think something like 90% of the population of the country are members of the Church of Denmark (and pay the church tax), but only about 5% attend church regularly  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The closest church of my denomination is thousands of miles away - so I think God will forgive me if I don't go.

Then again, most members of my church - Church of Denmark - don't actually go very often.  I think something like 90% of the population of the country are members of the Church of Denmark (and pay the church tax), but only about 5% attend church regularly  

Sounds like you need a new church, old buddy.

Don't worry too much about the name over the door.  Just find one where Jesus is Lord and the Bible is believed, and the people love one another.  You will enjoy it.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's kind of funny...

I wonder how much good in the world could actually be done if Christian Churchgoers would reduce their sitting time by 25% and volunteer that time in the community.

In my experience, every single church that I have ever attended or visited (hundreds) has been nothing more than a self-sanctified social club. The human drama and conflicts within the congregations have made me realize that I am absolutely able to carry on a productive, healthy relationshit with G-d without inviting that level of nonsense into my world.

I'll pass.

Really?  In my city alone there are 2 Catholic hospitals.  The Knights of Columbus routinely have fund raisers for all sorts of things.  There are over 10 private catholic schools in my area, many others of other Christian denominations.  We have several food programs for the poor, help for drug addicts, help for anyone that asks or needs.

What has your atheist group done lately?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:56:19 AM EDT
[#7]
No thanks.  Church always makes me feel like a fraud and hypocrite (I make that judgement on myself, not the church).
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Who's an atheist?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Who's an atheist?

My apologies if I mis understood.

But as you can see...we do alot.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I almost fell asleep in church. Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#12]
been there, done that, got the grace

thanks for asking

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#13]
No thanks. I'm agnostic.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#14]

I missed this thread earlier...

...probably because I was at church.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#15]
i slept till 10:30 this morning
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Pastor Pillow had a great sermon this morning.

Actually, I'm going to ECU's Wesley Foundation (Methodist) to find a good church next week or so.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
go on, get moving....

That would make me a hypocrite , I prefer to leave that to .................
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
go on, get moving....

And get up before noon??  And get all dressed up????????  And be forced to sit on a bench that makes my ass fall asleep???????????  Nah.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

BTW, I always have Communion at the Hun Farm on Sundays, even if it's just the Lord and I.

One of these days, you and I will share Communion on the Farm.

I look forward to it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
My daughters pet hamster died last night.  I had to build a small coffin for him/her/it.

We will be buring him this morning.

Well, if you were half the man John Kerry is, you could have revived that hamster with a little CPR . . . if you only cared about the children . . . shame on you!

Edited to add that Longshot_VA and I did go to church today.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top