Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2001 5:25:35 PM EDT
On about 2 years ago my ex-wife left Idaho and ended up in Seattle Washington where she shacked up with your run of the mill creep.  The worst part of the deal was my four kids who I dearly love were dragged along and I did not get an address or anything for a year.  She was I quote "A BATTERED WIFE" and so protected by the state.  Well a year later I was called because my children were in foster homes, she had been declared an unfit mother.  On the trip home we stopped for the night and when the kids saw I had my trusty M1911A1 my youngest daughter literlly breathed a sigh of relief.  She said, "Dad you goin to protect us for the bad people".  They told me what they had been through in the last year OMG!! All I can say good goddamn thing I was 300 miles from Seattle!!!  The first 6 months every night our bed time ritual went like this: First to my room and check the 45. 21 rounds, check chamber empty, safe weapon, check all doors locked with outside lights on, check closet for intruders, tuck kid in and say good night.  I've seen my children go from being scared all the time to being normal kids just like everyone else.  Amazing how much children who don't have to live in fear grow.  I'll tell you today my kids are 9 to 14 years of age.  Once a month weather permitting its not uncommon for us to blow off 2000 rounds.  Fire arm safety was taught the old fashioned way every mistake was 20 push-ups, yep muscle memory is the best learnin tool.  We also moved into a larger home for the five of us its not in the best part of town, but its what a working man can afford.  Crime here is not too bad, mostly robbery and breaking and entering and such so they can pay for there drugs I guess.  Mostly retired people live around me and used to be not many folks would spend much time out side.  Scared I guess, intimidated by the press mostly.  Well we started cleaning the guns on the front step, at first people had the fear in there eyes.  Even called the cops the first time.  One big FO fixed that situation.  Then I started noticing creeps were becoming hard to find around the neighborhood and others even old man Johnson would go out and put on a show for the local vermin.  Well a year later I live in a neighborhood were my kids can go ride there bikes and not be bothered. Mrs Johnson can walk her shopping cart all the way to the store and back no problems.  She wont accept a ride you know that's charity.  Well I am telling you guns change peoples lives for the better.  I did not have to shoot anyone or even threaten too.  Just a quite resolve and an good display gave my family and my neighborhood back the confidence that is every Americans right.  The Right not to Fear.  Anything!  The right to bear arms to protect ones self and community.        
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#1]
That's one messed up story. I'm glad it had a happy ending.  Good Luck ..
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a story all Americans should read.

I'm glad you were able to get your kids back into a healthy environment!
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank God you got your children out of a vertically fornicated mess.  Amazing what a little resolve (and the means to back it up) can do for a neighborhood.........
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 12:38:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Happy for you and your children.
This is a good story.
It's one that HCI for sure will never publish. [:(]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Good guys with guns is all the world needs sometimes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top