BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Had a guy edit and delete somethings things from his listing after I posted "I'll take it" and sent payment.  Sold them to other, later, respondents.

Mods didn't care.
View Quote

Did you get a refund on your payment?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one bad deal.  Guy took forever to ship a pistol.  Had prior positives but had a few things listed and ghosted on multiple buyers.  Pistol finally showed up but missing a few parts.  Mods got involved.  Guy banned.  Turns out he traveled for work and was bad about staying in touch when he was out.  Blamed the slow shipping on his gun shop, "the only shop in 50 miles."  That's on him for not letting buyers know.

Mostly deals on ARF EE are easy.  Had a few colorful exchanges with entitled weirdos over items I had listed but never went through with them and saved myself the drama.

I saw a set of classic 1911 grips a few weeks ago on another forum.  Didn't sell.  Price lowered twice.  I reached out.  We agreed to buy/sell.  I asked about payment, guy went silent.  Guy is a respected high-post member over there.  Three weeks pass.  i occassionally send a message.  Saw he was active on forum posting/buying/selling.  He finally got back today.  He decided to keep them for a gun he bought.  Nice.  I kinda wish other forums were as anti-welch as ARF EE mods.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Did have a guy get pissed that he was the first to post “I’ll take it” in my ad but I sold it to someone else who posted I’ll take it after he did.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I have never bought or sold anything via EE but I have bought items from members direct here that turned out great.

Eggroll made me a custom chest rig that was awesome, smoking deal buying a knife from M4Real and a holster from garyd.

My experience with folks here has been good and I never was worried about being ripped off.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve probably completed over 2k deals in the equipment exchange and only had one problem. The problem I had was I accidentally sold something twice. I refunded the guys money and he insisted I sell it to him instead of the other party.  He was quite rude. I told him I’d rather burn the stock set than him have it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#7]
ETA:

Almost. I made the mistake of posting a WTB ad and almost immediately was contacted by a scammer who set off a couple of red flags. He's since been banned.

Quoted:
I remember zach posting at the beginning of covid and then I swear he completely disappeared
View Quote

I saw a dorky looking guy with a gun hat and an Asian girl next to him drawing in a sketchpad on a flight to Dubai around that time.

Wonder if there was a connection
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Had one keep three rifles in parts, original magpul stock,pri handguards, LMT lowers...Lost my postal receipt so couldn't prove it...well known here and was called a liar by a few of his buddies on here...
The rifles were to be given to my nephews who were going into the military.
One became and US Army Inf Capt the other a USMC Recon Scout Sniper both served in Afghanistan I got them replacement rifles.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I value my reputation, and my membership, I do my best to uphold my end of deals, very upfront as to conditions, take pics of dings, scratches, etc, to make sure there are no mistakes / misunderstandings, and willing to resolve issues if at all possible. Iv bought probably 100 items off here in my time here since approx 2006, and lurked with no account for years earlier.  I generally only buy expensive items from guys with really good feed back, and decent length of membership, while totally avoiding brand new members , with zero feedback, selling high dollar shit.

Iv, bought guns, sold guns, sold ammo,  bought ammo, bought and sold knives, traded guns, bought gear, parts, ham radios, helmets, armor, nvg items, hand Made SIL nylon camping tarps, and more,  bought mostly via EE ads, but occasionally items that simply popped up in threads, Iv shipped , drove hours to meet in person, and met some great dudes.

Only been totally ripped off once.

I paid zack3g,  what’s his face , the guy from the Philippines ? Iirc, etc, with the SUPER artistic girlfriend  who made those amazing sketches, to sketch me a book cover, paid $300.00, and waited, eventually he quit responding, so fuck me I guess. This was around the time there was a volcano erupting, and his / their life was a little disrupted, but that was easily 2 years ago, maybe even 3 - 3-5 years.

Losing $300 like that stung, big time, but maybe they really needed it, maybe I helped him biggly, they broke up or something.  Still out a book cover drawing though, Sigh.

Anyway,  what’s been your experience here ?
View Quote

I never liked that guy…
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Never been scammed here or any other forum.

Ebay is a different story.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Nothing but great interactions here, including Zack3G actually. Had a drawing commissioned, no issues. Now I realize I haven't seen him post in a hot minute. Hope he's well
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Never been scammed here or any other forum.

Ebay is a different story.
View Quote

Every time an Ebay thread starts up there are members telling us how often they sell on there with no problems.

I have no clue how or why I attract scammers but I'm frequently being scammed when selling on Ebay.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Knock on wood I never have been screwed on the EE.  I do wish some folks would follow through on feedback, but not much you can do about it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was sent internet dick pics instead of a personalized set
View Quote

Not my fault my dick is Internet FamousTM
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#16]
OMG

My last EE transaction:

As closely as I can recall as this happened so long ago:

I asked to buy what I thought was a Colt Stock due to how the title was:

"Colt ABC, XYZ, Carbine Stock"

It was $50 shipped as I recall. Then the seller said it wasn't a Colt stock. So I did not want it. They reported me for "welching". I said, ok- I'll send you $8 for "wasting your time"
no dice, got banned from the EE

That's how I recollect it as it happened what feels like over 5 to 8 years ago LOL. It saved me lots of $$$ though, not being able to spend on tempting EE purchases LOL

Funny thing is, I've transacted without issues over a dozen times prior to that and only had one feedback. Thus, my rating is now 2/50% (1 at 100% and 1 at 0% = 50%)
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Every time an Ebay thread starts up there are members telling us how often they sell on there with no problems.

I have no clue how or why I attract scammers but I'm frequently being scammed when selling on Ebay.
View Quote

Back when I was a power seller I sold a small antique brass turtle figurine and the lady left me a neutral saying it wasn’t as big as she thought it would be.
I literally had the measurements in the listing along with pictures of it next to the tape measure and a quarter in the picture for a size reference.
She didn’t try to scam me for any money back but damn that neutral still lives rent free in my head.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Never been screwed, at least that I can recall.  Been here a while...

I screwed up a couple sales.  Sold two items and shipped each to the wrong person.  I sent each person money for shipping and they were kind enough to ship the correct party.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Never on here but I got fucked on a Nightforce on Rokslide for $1500. I'm no longer very trusting and mostly just buy retail.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Bought an AK74 from a dude, rifle sent was not remotely close to the one advertised. He said he was deployed and his girlfriend sent the wrong rifle. Dude was a PoS and ended up having to contact his LT to get my money back.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I sold a C93 a while back. It was one that I had hand picked and was in good shape for a C93. He sent me pics showing all sorts of damage on the cocking tube and a cracked stock. I certainly didn’t send it like that. Then he tells me that him and his “gunsmith” had to beat the action open with a hammer. At that point I told him it was his. I was not going to take back something that they beat to hell. I couldn’t figure out if he was stupid or a liar.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Years ago, when I was a wee arfcommer, I had two sales go down at the same time.  Sold a Galco shoulder holster and a dozen 31rd Glock mags.   Shipped with no tracking #.  The guy who bought the mags said he never received them and I returned his money.  1). He realized I shipped without tracking and scammed me or 2) I mistakenly shipped both packages to holster guy who kept mum about the mags.  Oh well, live and learn.
View Quote

I screwed up the labels one time and sent the wrong items to the wrong people, my fault but both buyers were beyond understanding and I offered to pay for returns and ship them to the correct buyer I ended up paying both for postage and they just swapped the parts. I was pleasantly pleased on the outcome.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I screwed up the labels one time and sent the wrong items to the wrong people, my fault but both buyers were beyond understanding and I offered to pay for returns and ship them to the correct buyer I ended up paying both for postage and they just swapped the parts. I was pleasantly pleased on the outcome.
View Quote
I came >.< this close to doing that and sent tracking to the wrong person but fixed it first.  Sorry for the scare dude lol.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've never had a problem. Except the fuckers don't leave feedback..

I'll draw a dick pic for free if you want a nice book cover?
View Quote

Lol. My only complaint. I mean my feedback score should be almost double what it is.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#26]
The only thing resembling a bad experience that I've had on the EE is a buyer who ghosted me.  I've also never been scammed or, as far as I can recall, even disappointed with a transaction on eBay (as buyer and seller) or Etsy.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Only one sketchy deal so far thankfully, traded a G43 for a crate of 8mm Mauser halfway across the country.

Dropped the pistol off to my ffl who shipped next day, got confirmation that it was delivered and picked up!

Took a month and me and my good friend wearing the dude out on here, Instagram, etc. He had excuses for days but I think he got sticker shock in shipping a crate of ammo.

Still love the EE
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
OH how could I forget. I had no idea what a particular item was worth, got lowballed, and then called out by the guy who lowballed me.

I won't name names or even really give more details, but that was a really crappy experience.
View Quote

Same thing here, went to sell a rifle for waaaaaaay less then it’s value, I honestly didn’t know the value. Had a IM, email and a I’ll take it post. I also had a email and IM from a member about the value and who the potential buyer was. Thank god for the member , I emailed the EE mod and since I hadn’t agreed to sell it I could close the ad and inform the seller I changed my mind. I reposted it with the actual value a few days later and he sent me a nasty email about longtime member, good feedback and being a welch and he had also emailed the mods and I was going to be banned. Never heard another word from anyone.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I screwed up a couple sales.  Sold two items and shipped each to the wrong person.  I sent each person money for shipping and they were kind enough to ship the correct party.
View Quote

BTDT, wrong label on wrong flat rate box packing stuff up at 4am before work.   The arfcomer who got the $200 in pistol mags instead of a $20 holster, returned the mags to me the next week. The guy on the regional forum who got the $20 holster instead of the $200 in mags refused to return the holster and thought it was some sort of scam where I ship him a cheap item to prove I shipped something and keep his money. I drove 150 miles 1 way to make it right with him and do the exchange in person and the guy was still an asshole about it in person and acting like I had somehow tried to steal money from him by hand delivering the mags instead of shipping them to him a 2nd time.

Gave the arfcomer a full refund for helping unfuck my mistake.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:05:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I traded AR’s with a guy years ago. He said it was new. It had been shot some but it definitely wasn’t new.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I've had probably three-times as many EE transaction as my feedback indicates. I've only had two instances I can think of that weren't perfect:
1. A guy who kept telling me every few days he was going to ship the item. It ended up being over a week.
2. A mil-surp rifle that had a refinished stock that the buyer made no mention of(he may have not known) and wasn't apparent in the listing's pics. The price I paid was commensurate, so I didn't even mention it to the seller.

ETA: All of the mixed-up shipment posts reminded me. I did have a seller accidentally ship the item I had purchased to someone who had bought another item from him. I'm a patient and understanding guy. It didn't bother me to wait for the other guy to ship it to me. So, you all are definitely not alone.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did that as well. Worked out fine though.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I had someone stop responding to me after I had a problem with an item I bought, it wasn’t that big of a deal but it was rude. I’m glad that’s the worst experience I’ve had.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#34]
I've always been mortified by the thought of getting a negative rating!!

I've been very fortunate, though. I buy/sell/trade on a few sites, with the majority done on ArfCom. I've dealt with good buyers and sellers and have done my damndest to be a good buyer/seller. The guys I met in person were all awesome.

Never had even the smallest problem until this year when ammo I sold got busted up in shipping.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#35]
I know I have zero feed back, but I have bought a bunch of small things over the years.  Never had a bad experience.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#36]
My feedback is a few dealings short of 100 but I've had well over a hundred at this point. Only complaint is not all leave feedback. Otherwise I've had no bad dealings on the EE.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My feedback is a few dealings short of 100 but I've had well over a hundred at this point. Only complaint is not all leave feedback. Otherwise I've had no bad dealings on the EE.
View Quote

@RTUtah ,what do have that you want to sell.

I’ve given two members their 100th positive feedback over the years and would be proud to make you the third.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#38]
The one and only time I have been ripped off online, it was by an industry partner here.
ASPI Tactical was one of the first entries into the Hall of Shame.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

@RTUtah ,what do have that you want to sell.

I've given two members their 100th positive feedback over the years and would be proud to make you the third.
View Quote

Haha @bajagringo, well I just scooped a Colt barrel off the EE but I do happen to have a 16-inch SR-25 ACC barrel and Mod2 gas system to unload...
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Like most members I have had all good experiences with no feedback left.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I’ve probably completed over 2k deals in the equipment exchange and only had one problem. The problem I had was I accidentally sold something twice. I refunded the guys money and he insisted I sell it to him instead of the other party.  He was quite rude. I told him I’d rather burn the stock set than him have it.
View Quote

Technically he could of posted about a welch and your EE privilege's could of been at risk. At least somebody pulled that on me.

I accidently double sold a beat up $20 AK handguard twice (the emails were similar and pretty damn cringe), noticed my error, apologized to the guy and sent a refund. Sure as shit he tried fucking me over and posted about it. Just went no contact after I apologized and took it to the EE. So I just took the loss and sold him a new handguard I purchased to appease him/mods. Technically he was in the right, but damn was he petty about it. Ironically USPS delayed his package for about 3 weeks.

I mean there are rules I get that, but there is also being a dick about it. All over some tapco fucked shit.

Mods do a very good job of mediating, and cooling people down.

Most high risk for me was a firearm trade. Which ended up going very well.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:40:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

kpel308 maybe?
View Quote

Yeah, that's him
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:46:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Got a broken MBUS once in a trade. He offered to swap them back but then I had more in shipping than the sight even cost. Told him not to worry and left good feedback still since he tried to make it right, but I was still disappointed.

Certainly not the worst thing ever, but I mostly only do trades here.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:48:49 AM EDT
[#44]
I have never sold anything on here. Posted a few items for sale with very minimal interest.

ETA: I Did sell an ARFCOM member a scope last year the weekend of Wanenmacher but the deal originated on Armslist. so, technically it wasn't on here.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:52:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No, never bought or sold anything on EE.
View Quote
This right here.  Easiest way to ensure you don't get ripped off.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:17:05 AM EDT
[#46]
I had two bad transactions. One was for an AK parts kit that was local to me. We kept setting up a day and time for me to buy it and the guy kept jerking me around and rescheduling me after I headed out to meet him. Then some big shooting happened in the country and the guy then IMs me and says he’s now going to auction it off and he’s going to let me have the first opportunity to bid. ??

The second was a no ship for a RPD drum that I paid for.

That being said, I’ve had hundreds of great transactions here although many with no reciprocal feedback. I’ve even had a member send out a gun before I even had a chance to send funds.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:00:22 AM EDT
[#47]
I've only had one bad transaction here.  Buyer was selling pretty nice decals and took CC for payment.  I can't remember exactly but my order was around $20.  After 6-8 weeks, he still had not shipped and was giving multiple excuses.  I wasn't the only one who bought from him.  There were several complaining.

Ended up doing a charge back after the EE thread produced no results.  I don't remember for sure but I think he was put in the HOS.  No one ever got their decals that I remember.

Guess I've been pretty lucky to not get caught up in some of the fraudulent deals that have popped up here.  I have seen a few good deals that looked really tempting, only to see a negative thread come up a few weeks later.  I wish there were more controls that could be put on the EE, maybe time served, paid membership, ect.  But the thieves will probably figure a way around it like they have the WTB threads.

Everyone else I've dealt with have ranged the gamut from pretty good to excellent.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:07:21 AM EDT
[#48]
I had one incident with a real winner in the EE. I was selling a Ruger MK1 22. Guy semi local to me wanted it. Date was set to meet at an FFL between us to transfer in person. 3 days before we were to meet I had emergency surgery. My Achilles tendon needed reattached and I lost 1/3 of my calf muscle. I didn't really plan on being hit by a DUI in a stolen truck. I was hurting bad. I contacted the guy and asked if he could meet a bit closer and my wife could meet in my place. I offered gas money or a couple bricks of 22 ammo for his trouble and explained why. The FFL was 20 minutes closer to my house from the one we planned. Hurting as bad as I was I didn't want to be left alone longer than necessary. Cast to my knee, bruised ribs and found out 2 weeks later the hospital missed a crack in a bone. There was no way I'd be able to get out of the house and meet. The guy went nuts calling me names & threatening me. Posted my personal phone number and all info online and in EE saying I didn't meet and I was a no good son of a bitch. This was 2 days before we were scheduled to meet. Got Mods involved. He told me he was driving to my house to take the handgun. I told him no he was not as in Pa it's illegal to sell a pistol without a transfer. He told me he was still going to show up and destroy the handgun in front of me so I couldn't sell it to anyone else. Lots of threats later he finally stopped. It was an interesting sale. Every other went very well. Funniest one was a rifle I traded for. It was a wood stock Remington 700. It was exactly as described. The guy put it in an oversized box and sent it to my FFL. He wrapped it in an entire roll of bubble wrap. I was at my dealers when it came in. He still laughs about it when I see him.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:17:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Only thing that came close to a negative was AK furniture I bought off the EE. Guy emails me next day saying it was stolen. Pretty sure someone offered more money and he went with that. At least he refunded me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:21:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I value my reputation, and my membership, I do my best to uphold my end of deals, very upfront as to conditions, take pics of dings, scratches, etc, to make sure there are no mistakes / misunderstandings, and willing to resolve issues if at all possible. Iv bought probably 100 items off here in my time here since approx 2006, and lurked with no account for years earlier.  I generally only buy expensive items from guys with really good feed back, and decent length of membership, while totally avoiding brand new members , with zero feedback, selling high dollar shit.

Iv, bought guns, sold guns, sold ammo,  bought ammo, bought and sold knives, traded guns, bought gear, parts, ham radios, helmets, armor, nvg items, hand Made SIL nylon camping tarps, and more,  bought mostly via EE ads, but occasionally items that simply popped up in threads, Iv shipped , drove hours to meet in person, and met some great dudes.

Only been totally ripped off once.

I paid zack3g,  what’s his face , the guy from the Philippines ? Iirc, etc, with the SUPER artistic girlfriend  who made those amazing sketches, to sketch me a book cover, paid $300.00, and waited, eventually he quit responding, so fuck me I guess. This was around the time there was a volcano erupting, and his / their life was a little disrupted, but that was easily 2 years ago, maybe even 3 - 3-5 years.

Losing $300 like that stung, big time, but maybe they really needed it, maybe I helped him biggly, they broke up or something.  Still out a book cover drawing though, Sigh.

Anyway,  what’s been your experience here ?
View Quote

What happened to that guy?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top