Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 48
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is what it always comes around to in these threads.

BF is a physical being, a large ape-like creature with well known habitat and behavior... until it's inconvenient. Then he becomes a supernatural being who can sense electronics and cannot be photographed except by a 1960s movie camera.

And once the supernatural is invoked, all bets are off because any problems can be explained away by magic.
View Quote

The Patterson film captured a Bigfoot in transition to cover.  The IMAX helicopter crew captured a Bigfoot in transition to cover.  The key here is transition to cover.  You are very lucky to capture a glimpse, and extremely lucky to capture them fully exposed.  They leave physical evidence, but they are keenly aware of themselves and their impact, unlike a snow leopard.  If you stage a camera, it is extremely unlikely that you will get anything of value.  Interestingly, staged audio recorders, albeit electronic, produce good results.  At all times, they possess their characteristics both physical and other.  You never know what you are going to get.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Sure they are assumptions, I was asked how I explain it.

Assuming he had mutability of memory and the brain seeking patterns in the unknown is much smaller leap than assuming he encountered an unknown creature with enormous range whose area is easily found but leaves absolutely no physical traces and cannot be captured on any kind of visual recording.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You make a hell of a lot of assumptions as to his report of what he saw, it almost seems you have some motive, for whatever reason, to prove eyewitnesses wrong.  Odd.

Assuming he had mutability of memory and the brain seeking patterns in the unknown is much smaller leap than assuming he encountered an unknown creature with enormous range whose area is easily found but leaves absolutely no physical traces and cannot be captured on any kind of visual recording.

Since you weren't there you're left with calling him a liar and faker then, since I wasn't there either, I'm left with "I don't know"
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Finish the quote and the meaning is clear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would have to dig it up again, I am sure Google will get you there.  I remember a Smithsonian transfer receipt, old newspaper articles, stuff like that.  LA Marzulli does a lot with this, I am sure you can find something from him.

Beyond the Smithsonian, one of my favorites is from a speech by Abraham Lincoln.
“The eyes of that species of extinct giant, whose bones fill the mounds of America, have gazed on Niagara as our eyes do now.”  What was once common knowledge is now a myth.

Finish the quote and the meaning is clear.
The eyes of that species of extinct giants, whose bones fill the mounds of America, have gazed on Niagara, as ours do now. Co[n]temporary with the whole race of men, and older than the first man, Niagara is strong, and fresh to-day as ten thousand years ago. The Mammoth and Mastadon—now so long dead, that fragments of their monstrous bones, alone testify, that they ever lived, have gazed on Niagara.

That sort of paraphrasing is the same sort of dishonest (or stupid...or both) bullshit that is so common with creationists.  It's a nice feature of their character (or lack thereof) that makes it nice and easy to spot which of them is not to be trusted or even taken seriously.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Since you weren't there you're left with calling him a liar and faker then, since I wasn't there either, I'm left with "I don't know"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You make a hell of a lot of assumptions as to his report of what he saw, it almost seems you have some motive, for whatever reason, to prove eyewitnesses wrong.  Odd.

You should spend less time commenting and more time in a Remedial English class.  He didn't even remotely call the individual in question a liar and/or a faker.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where are the DNA samples tested at? It's quoted quite a bit that they don't match anything but where is this information coming from?
View Quote

How many chromosomes does it have from these?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This thread was created outside the safe space to elicit a specific reaction. There is a word for that… trolling.

You know that.
View Quote

BS. So any subject not in it's specific forum is trolling now ?
There Are forums for most everything. Also pics of mtn lion in mi?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:03:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@imq707s
@ 10 min
I don't know?  The rest of footage is out there apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b52-6Eg2Ajo
View Quote

HaHa!! That's got to be one of the most fake/staged things I've ever seen. Looks like a stage prop.

" />
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Because it isn’t like any animal in the zoo.  It is a peer threat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? If they froggy you just got them out of cover now you can shoot a bunch of them. Win win.

They have shot gorillas. We have gorillas in the zoo. We have 2000 killer mammals do tricks for us at parks. Humans Have masters so much. Why would Bigfoot be different. I mean if it were real.

Because it isn’t like any animal in the zoo.  It is a peer threat.

Go to the local VFW.

My personal theory about all these different cultures all over the globe that have stories about a large hominid that was antisocial, and lived in the woods is as such.

In the not so distant past, there were three, at least subspecies of humans with overlapping ranges. One theory as to why our subspecies won out, is that we were much more social. So stories of large, very reclusive, upright walking hominids that were not quite us make sense. Throw in 10,000 years, or more of retelling, and a very hairy Neanderthal or Donovan has shaggy fur.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

BF is a physical being, a large ape-like creature with well known habitat and behavior... until it's inconvenient. Then he becomes a supernatural being who can sense electronics and cannot be photographed except by a 1960s movie camera.

And once the supernatural is invoked, all bets are off because any problems can be explained away by magic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bigfoot believers seem to be split into two main groups for the most part

Group A believes that bigfoot is an undiscovered animal, it needs to eat, sleep and fuck

Group B believes bigfoot is a broader group where bigfoot is tied to ufos, orbs, spirits, dimension crossing beings.  

I would love for bigfoot to be real, I looks at the vastness of north american forests and hold out hope that its possible for some to be out there but the reality is there is just nothing to support this other than stories and blurry video.   Sure we discover new species all the time but those are usually small and are found in the depths of dense rainforests.

I am in camp C - All of the above.  They are physical and leave physical evidence, but there is a whole lot of WTF that puts it in camp B.

Bingo. When that " BF is supernatural " card gets pulled (and it happens about mid way through any GD BF thread.......you might as well just enjoy the ride, because it's all downhill from there.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That sort of paraphrasing is the same sort of dishonest (or stupid...or both) bullshit that is so common with creationists.  It's a nice feature of their character (or lack thereof) that makes it nice and easy to spot which of them is not to be trusted or even taken seriously.
View Quote

Lol - I guess the natives had mastadon to do their plowing and buried them in their burial mounds.  Does that make sense to you?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So, do I believe people see and hear something they can't explain and believe that it's Bigfoot....YES.

Two weeks ago I lost a piece of equipment in my warehouse the size of a small compact car.

I swear to God and would have testified in court that I saw the crate it was in sitting next to the smaller version of the machine in another crate.  I clearly remember seeing both of them and checking on the serial number label and description which has a unique battery description on it.  If I shut my eyes, I can clearly see me looking at it in my minds eye.  I can clearly see this today.

Upon a 2 hour search for this large crate, one of the employees said there was only one crate and it was the smaller machine and he moved it on a certain date at a time window of 'X'.  Well now we could go to the security tapes.  Sure enough he was correct and it was only one box.  Now I believe and still believe what my mind was tell me so I went back to the tapes of the last days I was in this part of the warehouse looking for equipment.  Sure enough two weeks prior I was at that location looking at exactly what I though I saw.  I clearly confused my dates and what I saw in my head.

We were now able to determine a two week window and were able to figure out what happened to the machine.

So I am sure people are seeing and hearing something and are 100% convinced at what they see.  

Luckily my machine doesn't have Bigfoot's ability to only be caught on low grade cameras, at incredibly far distances and or during freak equipment failures.  

Else, I'd have been out a lot of money.

View Quote

A few years ago I was in my front yard by the garage and I saw a strange dog run through my yard, just out of the corner of my eye. It was a dog...a brown one, I've never seen it before.  Looked around a little bit, and it was gone....never saw it again. I would have bet my life that it was a dog....and medium sized brown one.

A day later I'm in the backyard, and see a wadded up paper grocery bag.  What the hell??  I got on my security camera and pulled up the footage from the day before. There I am.....there goes the brown paper bag blowing across the corner of my house and around the corner into the back yard.  It was a paper bag the whole time.

Like others have said in this thread....your mind can play some really strange tricks on you.  Unless I saw it on camera, I would have said that was a dog until the day I died.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Post your pictures from the two bolded statements above.  I would really like to see your wolf and bear surprises...
View Quote

in before "I see so many of them I dont even bother now"
or "I don't keep my phone with me in the woods"
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've posted the rest of the story here before. I'm willing to accept that what I heard wasn't a BF. Like I said, I've never seen one.

How do you explain how it got up the side of the hill that was covered in leaf litter without making a sound? How do you explain how it got back down to the creek without making a sound? I was up on the side of a steep hill camping in the depression a root ball would make as a tree fell over in a camouflaged tent no bigger than 20" tall. The sign at the roadside entrance to the NF listed the fire danger as "extreme" because of all the dry leaves on the forest floor. I picked my spot because it wasn't visible from the trail along the creek.

When it came walking down the trail around 2am, it was walking on two legs. I know because I heard it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Given their large lung capacity, tremendous vocal range, their ability to mimic sounds, and the fact that people have heard wood knocks in areas without trees suggests that this might be a vocalization.  I don’t know for certain, just sharing that detail.

Large in absolute terms or large relative to body size?

how would anyone know if they had a large lung capacity anyways?

Before I ever gave any thought to Bigfoot, I was sniffed by something with massive lungs just on the other side of a small tent. After whatever it was sniffed me, it walked (on two legs) a couple hundred yards down the creek and past a couple camping that had brought their GSD along. After the dog went nuts barking at whatever was walking down by the creek, and they had got their dog quieted down, I heard what I've seen here and elsewhere described as tree knocking. At the time it was sniffing me, I felt very underarmed with the SIG P228 I had in my hands pointing though the tent at whatever it was on the other side of the nylon.

On a trip to the same area a couple months later, I heard an air raid siren-like howl that sounded like the "Ohio Howl" (you can youtube it) minus the dogs.

That was 15 years ago.

I've never gone looking for them, and I've never seen one, but now I'm of the opinion that maybe not everyone who claims to have seen one is crazy.

Edit: for what it's worth, I've been a paramedic for almost 14 years now, and an EMT for a few years before that. I've breathed for a lot of people in that time, both with a BVM and a couple different vents. Whatever it was that sniffed me had massive lungs. It's been a while since I read the manual/insert instructions that come with one, but the standard Ambu bag we carry will deliver something like 500mL with one hand squeezing it and 1200mL using a two-handed technique. The thing that sniffed me would have been underventilated (tidal volume) with two hands squeezing an ambu bag through a 9.0 ETT. It was huge. If these things can get 6-800 lbs and 8 or 9 feet tall like some report them to be, and they are sort of human/primate-shaped, you can begin to understand how massive their lungs are. If an adult human male has a tidal volume of about 500mL, then something 1.5 times as big will have a tidal volume of 1687.5mL (1.5*1.5*1.5x500). Now, imagine sniffing something. It is usually a bit more than your usual breath, probably closer to your inspiratory capacity. That's why I said what sniffed me had massive lungs and would be underventilated with a standard ambu bag and a 9.0 ETT.

@AROKIE

It’s funny that you say that, because I had a similar thing happen the first time I took my family camping in bear country.

In the middle of the night something just appeared at our tent without making a noise and started sniffing around it. It woke up my wife who thought it was a huge grizzly and started looking for a knife. Just then whatever was out there pushed in the entire side of our tent. Considering it was a pretty stout outfitter type tent, that bothered me too because as a 200 pound man, I’d have trouble pushing the tent around like that.

But, instead of cowering in a tent and letting my mind run wild, I grabbed my flashlight and went outside.

It was a Labrador Retriever sniffing around my tent.

Because you can’t determine the size of an animal by sound, let alone it’s lung capacity.

I've posted the rest of the story here before. I'm willing to accept that what I heard wasn't a BF. Like I said, I've never seen one.

How do you explain how it got up the side of the hill that was covered in leaf litter without making a sound? How do you explain how it got back down to the creek without making a sound? I was up on the side of a steep hill camping in the depression a root ball would make as a tree fell over in a camouflaged tent no bigger than 20" tall. The sign at the roadside entrance to the NF listed the fire danger as "extreme" because of all the dry leaves on the forest floor. I picked my spot because it wasn't visible from the trail along the creek.

When it came walking down the trail around 2am, it was walking on two legs. I know because I heard it.

So it didn't make a sound when approaching or leaving, but you heard it walking down the trail.  OK.  And even if we ignore that inconsistency, what is your point?  Are you asserting that BF has magical levitation powers or something that allows it to move over leaf litter and the like silently in a way that no other animal can?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Post your pictures from the two bolded statements above.  I would really like to see your wolf and bear surprises...

Unless I'm specifically out in the woods looking for a animal to photograph, I don't carry my camera on me (or at least have it at the ready) when I'm just out hiking.  

Now...if I was on an expedition to find some elusive animal, with several other people who have the same goal as me.....then I would have a camera at the ready, and I would have 100 photos of said animal before it even fully got out of view. I've seen a few black bears while hiking....never took any photos. That being said, there are a bazillion game cam pics of black bears, so why would I take a picture of some random bear? In case several years later I have to prove my "hard to believe" story about seeing a bear to some random dude on a gun forum?

You are comparing apples to oranges.  A guy out on a random hike in the woods is not the same thing as a whole group of people with hi tech gear out looking for some elusive creature that NEVER gets photographed or video taped.  Trying to say those things are the same is just silly.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So it didn't make a sound when approaching or leaving, but you heard it walking down the trail.  OK.  And even if we ignore that inconsistency, what is your point?  Are you asserting that BF has magical levitation powers or something that allows it to move over leaf litter and the like silently in a way that no other animal can?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Given their large lung capacity, tremendous vocal range, their ability to mimic sounds, and the fact that people have heard wood knocks in areas without trees suggests that this might be a vocalization.  I don’t know for certain, just sharing that detail.

Large in absolute terms or large relative to body size?

how would anyone know if they had a large lung capacity anyways?

Before I ever gave any thought to Bigfoot, I was sniffed by something with massive lungs just on the other side of a small tent. After whatever it was sniffed me, it walked (on two legs) a couple hundred yards down the creek and past a couple camping that had brought their GSD along. After the dog went nuts barking at whatever was walking down by the creek, and they had got their dog quieted down, I heard what I've seen here and elsewhere described as tree knocking. At the time it was sniffing me, I felt very underarmed with the SIG P228 I had in my hands pointing though the tent at whatever it was on the other side of the nylon.

On a trip to the same area a couple months later, I heard an air raid siren-like howl that sounded like the "Ohio Howl" (you can youtube it) minus the dogs.

That was 15 years ago.

I've never gone looking for them, and I've never seen one, but now I'm of the opinion that maybe not everyone who claims to have seen one is crazy.

Edit: for what it's worth, I've been a paramedic for almost 14 years now, and an EMT for a few years before that. I've breathed for a lot of people in that time, both with a BVM and a couple different vents. Whatever it was that sniffed me had massive lungs. It's been a while since I read the manual/insert instructions that come with one, but the standard Ambu bag we carry will deliver something like 500mL with one hand squeezing it and 1200mL using a two-handed technique. The thing that sniffed me would have been underventilated (tidal volume) with two hands squeezing an ambu bag through a 9.0 ETT. It was huge. If these things can get 6-800 lbs and 8 or 9 feet tall like some report them to be, and they are sort of human/primate-shaped, you can begin to understand how massive their lungs are. If an adult human male has a tidal volume of about 500mL, then something 1.5 times as big will have a tidal volume of 1687.5mL (1.5*1.5*1.5x500). Now, imagine sniffing something. It is usually a bit more than your usual breath, probably closer to your inspiratory capacity. That's why I said what sniffed me had massive lungs and would be underventilated with a standard ambu bag and a 9.0 ETT.

@AROKIE

It’s funny that you say that, because I had a similar thing happen the first time I took my family camping in bear country.

In the middle of the night something just appeared at our tent without making a noise and started sniffing around it. It woke up my wife who thought it was a huge grizzly and started looking for a knife. Just then whatever was out there pushed in the entire side of our tent. Considering it was a pretty stout outfitter type tent, that bothered me too because as a 200 pound man, I’d have trouble pushing the tent around like that.

But, instead of cowering in a tent and letting my mind run wild, I grabbed my flashlight and went outside.

It was a Labrador Retriever sniffing around my tent.

Because you can’t determine the size of an animal by sound, let alone it’s lung capacity.

Yes.....that is exactly what people are saying. This is when they pull the "it's supernatural" card, and anything goes because.....it's supernatural.  BF can travel without making noise. Can transport from one area to the next. Can appear and disappear when it wants to. etc, etc, etc...

It's like they are doubling down.....not only do you have to believe there are lots of BF out there, but now you have to believe they they are also "supernatural" and can do things no other being on earth can.   Entertaining to say the least.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Lol - I guess the natives had mastadon to do their plowing and buried them in their burial mounds.  Does that make sense to you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lincoln never said "Indian burial mounds".  He just said "mounds of America".  You have no idea what he was referring to.  This is yet another example of what I'm talking about.  You're dishonestly paraphrasing.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

HaHa!! That's got to be one of the most fake/staged things I've ever seen. Looks like a stage prop.

https://i.imgur.com/xIvQIOW.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/xIvQIOW.jpg
View Quote

I liked the way they kept twitching the still image in the video to give the impression of motion.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:28:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes.....that is exactly what people are saying. This is when they pull the "it's supernatural" card, and anything goes because.....it's supernatural.  BF can travel without making noise. Can transport from one area to the next. Can appear and disappear when it wants to. etc, etc, etc...

It's like they are doubling down.....not only do you have to believe there are lots of BF out there, but now you have to believe they they are also "supernatural" and can do things no other being on earth can.   Entertaining to say the least.  
View Quote

I've not been following the Bigfeets community but it seems like Bigfeets were fully natural beings until cameras in cell phones started becoming more and more common.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you explain the reports from folks like the Yellowstone ranger posted here in this thread?

Here’s a man that spent 40 years on horseback riding an estimated 50k+ miles on horseback in some very remote country. A virtual modern day mountain man. He sees 1 clearly at 50-75 yards run across an alpine meadow.

Is he a liar?
Did he misidentify a bear running on 2 legs?

Those are the type of accounts that make you wonder. There are others too. Not everyone is a liar or scam artist with llama skulls.

Confabulation. Memories are known to be alterable and eyewitness accounts are often unreliable for this reason. Basically a combination of power of suggestion and the way the brain stores memories. For example:

The ranger saw something out of the corner of his eye that wasn't the normal things he sees: bears, deer, dogs, people. Could be a person in an odd coat. Could have been a dog doing a trick of walking on its hind legs, could have been a bear stuck in a trash can. Whatever it was, it was too indistinct and too quick for him to completely identify it. Brains doing what brains do*, it did two things. 1) Put more emphasis on the things that were odd about it and 2) tried to fit it into a known pattern. Working in the woods for so long, he had heard many stories of Bigfoot sightings from campers and hunters. Over time, the repeated telling and/or thinking about it put more and more emphasis on the odd things. Those odd things ended up making the best match with his image of a Bigfoot and so his brain decided he had seen a Bigfoot. Once his brain decided that, it started filling in that memory with "Bigfoot" instead of "weird thing running around the woods".

* Brains are very lazy. They will do almost anything to avoid storing more data. One of the ways it does this is to store a placeholder rather than a new image, phase, or fact. For example, one of the Mandela Effect examples is that the Pokemon Pikachu has a black tip to his tail. He never did. I think what our brain did is decide that Pikachu was a cat and stored the common Siamese pattern of the body being a light color and tip of the ears and tail being black. When we think of Pikachu our brain goes "Yellow Siamese cat with a crooked tail" and so we paint him yellow with black tips to his ears and tail.

Because eyewitnesses are the absolute lowest form of evidence for a reason.  I deal with them daily, 20 years now and they have never matched the video or physical evidence.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I liked the way they kept twitching the still image in the video to give the impression of motion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/xIvQIOW.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/xIvQIOW.jpg

I noticed the same thing.....it never moved, but they sure tried to make it look like it did.  If you actually had one of those things on video.....why wouldn't you keep it on video until it actually moved, blinked, did something?  You know why? Because it's fake....
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I noticed the same thing.....it never moved, but they sure tried to make it look like it did.  If you actually had one of those things on video.....why wouldn't you keep it on video until it actually moved, blinked, did something?  You know why? Because it's fake....
View Quote

It is clearly a child Bigfeets and its control over the power to fuzz and/or erase cameras with its mind is not fully developed. It let its control lapse for a fraction of a second and the resulting image is the frame where it appeared before it concentrated again and disappeared.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Confabulation. Memories are known to be alterable and eyewitness accounts are often unreliable for this reason. Basically a combination of power of suggestion and the way the brain stores memories. For example:

The ranger saw something out of the corner of his eye that wasn't the normal things he sees: bears, deer, dogs, people. Could be a person in an odd coat. Could have been a dog doing a trick of walking on its hind legs, could have been a bear stuck in a trash can. Whatever it was, it was too indistinct and too quick for him to completely identify it. Brains doing what brains do*, it did two things. 1) Put more emphasis on the things that were odd about it and 2) tried to fit it into a known pattern. Working in the woods for so long, he had heard many stories of Bigfoot sightings from campers and hunters. Over time, the repeated telling and/or thinking about it put more and more emphasis on the odd things. Those odd things ended up making the best match with his image of a Bigfoot and so his brain decided he had seen a Bigfoot. Once his brain decided that, it started filling in that memory with "Bigfoot" instead of "weird thing running around the woods".

* Brains are very lazy. They will do almost anything to avoid storing more data. One of the ways it does this is to store a placeholder rather than a new image, phase, or fact. For example, one of the Mandela Effect examples is that the Pokemon Pikachu has a black tip to his tail. He never did. I think what our brain did is decide that Pikachu was a cat and stored the common Siamese pattern of the body being a light color and tip of the ears and tail being black. When we think of Pikachu our brain goes "Yellow Siamese cat with a crooked tail" and so we paint him yellow with black tips to his ears and tail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you explain the reports from folks like the Yellowstone ranger posted here in this thread?

Here’s a man that spent 40 years on horseback riding an estimated 50k+ miles on horseback in some very remote country. A virtual modern day mountain man. He sees 1 clearly at 50-75 yards run across an alpine meadow.

Is he a liar?

Those are the type of accounts that make you wonder. There are others too. Not everyone is a liar or scam artist with llama skulls.

It appears you’re so eager to discount what he saw that you didn’t bother even reading the account. The first thing you mentioned is he saw something from the corner of his eye. That’s false. Read the account. He sat right there on his horse and watched it. And it wasn’t Pikachu.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have no idea what they look like if they exist. Is this fake? I dunno
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Then why am I here?

It is pretty telling that BF Believers really don't want to hear counter-opinions.

I read up thread here about odd things happening to electronics...I absolutely believe that happens in different parts of the world, not just deep wilderness....although my experience with that is semi-wilderness. I know of a ridgeline in the western UP that I can stand on and watch my battery drain from my phone or GPS. I am only speculating, but I do know that in that exact spot are massive copper deposits. I have brought home large chunks. My speculation is that something in the copper deposits causes my batteries to drain. Not BF. All oddities in the bush can be explained.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
These threads are interesting to me exactly the same way "Stolen Valor" videos are interesting....just watching, trying to decide who is the scammer, and who is crazy...

lmao...you do understand that you're either one or the other here, nobody has twisted your arm to post on this subject.

Naaaahhhh.....Bigfoot is complete fantasy. I'm here for the entertainment. Plus it's good to note who is a BF Believer....then we know they are likely full of shit when they post on other subjects.

That post alone validates you’re not here for the entertainment.

Then why am I here?

It is pretty telling that BF Believers really don't want to hear counter-opinions.

I read up thread here about odd things happening to electronics...I absolutely believe that happens in different parts of the world, not just deep wilderness....although my experience with that is semi-wilderness. I know of a ridgeline in the western UP that I can stand on and watch my battery drain from my phone or GPS. I am only speculating, but I do know that in that exact spot are massive copper deposits. I have brought home large chunks. My speculation is that something in the copper deposits causes my batteries to drain. Not BF. All oddities in the bush can be explained.....

Why are you here?
You stated why in your last sentence. So you can label them full of shit on other subjects. If you were here for the entertainment value you wouldn’t be labeling people. You’d read, laugh and move on.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This thread was created outside the safe space to elicit a specific reaction. There is a word for that… trolling.

You know that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL.  These threads are an irresistible flame for the following personality types:

1.  Huge arrogant ego.
2.  Smartest guy in the room.
3.  Loves to "put people in their place".
4.  Smarmy dick attitude.

They don't have to click on the subject.  They don't have to berate others.  But they CANNOT help themselves.  

It is funny to see them get so wound up over something they don't believe is possible.  It consumes them.

They have their own forum.

It’s amazing how this subject triggers you. Now you’re wanting “them” segregated. Wouldn’t it just be easier for you not to click on this thread? After all GD is a compilation of subjects that all could be moved into other forums.

You know that.

Ranging isn’t trolling. The subject interests him and he likes discussing it. GD gets lots of traffic. Threads get buried in sub forums because there’s little to no traffic.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I've not been following the Bigfeets community but it seems like Bigfeets were fully natural beings until cameras in cell phones started becoming more and more common.
View Quote

Not true they were thought to hypnotize in the 20s and have supernatural powers

'They kill their game entirely by hypnotism. They have great supernatural powers. They also have the gift of ventriloquism, and have deceived many ordinary Indians by throwing their voices,"

http://hamell.net/earliest-documented-bigfoot-sighting-in-pacific-northwest/
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Evidently there is quite a bit of it out there. I can't be the first person to think of doing this, where have the samples been sent?
View Quote

It's not so much who they send the DNA samples to as it is what becomes of those samples that turn up unknown. <cue dramatic music>
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Ranging isn’t trolling. The subject interests him and he likes discussing it. GD gets lots of traffic. Threads get buried in sub forums because there’s little to no traffic.
View Quote

I agree. I Don't believe in Bigfoot but I don't see this as trolling I am glad its in GD so its not just a circle jerk like the snowflake forum.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The ranger saw something out of the corner of his eye
that wasn't the normal things he sees: bears, deer, dogs, people. Could be a person in an odd coat. Could have been a dog doing a trick of walking on its hind legs, could have been a bear stuck in a trash can. Whatever it was, it was too indistinct and too quick for him to completely identify it. Brains doing what brains do*, it did two things. 1) Put more emphasis on the things that were odd about it and 2) tried to fit it into a known pattern. [color=#ff0000]Working in the woods for so long, he had heard many stories of Bigfoot sightings from ca.mpers and hunters[/color] Over time, the repeated telling and/or thinking about it put more and more emphasis on the odd things. Those odd things ended up making the best match with his image of a Bigfoot and so his brain decided he had seen a Bigfoot. Once his brain decided that, it started filling in that memory with "Bigfoot" instead of "weird thing running around the woods".

View Quote

OBSERVED: The following account was given to Colorado curator T.E. Stein during a phone interview with Bob Jackson in 2003. Recently, Jackson gave permission to submit his account to the BFRO. Jackson, also known as "Action Jackson," was legendary among park supporters - notorious among outfitters and scofflaws - for his enforcement of park rules and regulations. He retired as a Yellowstone ranger in 2004. Few people have ever known Yellowstone's backcountry and its wildlife like Jackson.

"The first time heard anything was in the mid-late 70s. An outfitter and I were riding up Fan Creek in the northwest section of the park. Up the drainage in Stellaria Creek, we heard a sound that just kept going and going. It was probably a mile away. It filled the whole valley up - kind of 1,000 like elk going to their death. I couldn’t believe this thing had that much volume for that long a period of time. He had never heard anything like it, neither.

"A couple of weeks later, I was coming out from Sportsman Creek, taking a trail which comes out of Fan Creek. I was 11 miles back in, up high in a subalpine fir meadow complex.
I was on a steep sidehill with horses and in woods but down below about 40-50 yards there was a kind of fairly flat meadow, with dense subalpine thickets. There were these low fir growths that have a centerpiece tree and then everything kind of cone-shapes to ground. They were about 20 yards wide or so.

"The horses were flaring their noses and snorting, like they do when a grizzly bear is real close, but I could see fairly good all around and I couldn’t see one. So I started looking down below me, and the horses were really agitated – they’re wanting to get out of there. I held them but only with effort.

"I looked down to see where griz was, and I saw a deer at edge of thicket. All at once it bolted and started jarring ahead perpendicular to me. Right then coming out the other side was this thing that was running on two feet. It was black like a bear and it had long arms and ran. I think I held it there 30 seconds, but it got scared and then came out. It ran but not super fast. It ran to another thicket and went at angle out of thicket to another thicket about 40-50 yards away (At this point, the creature was 75 yards downslope.)

"It kept hitting these thickets trying to get away from me. I’ve never seen a bear do that. They’ll always take a straight line.

"The first thing I thought was “bear” but right away I realized this black shaggy thing wasn’t a bear. This thing was smart. I’ve never seen animal trying to pick up protection as it fled.

"I tied that together with sound had on other side of the drainage.

"It wasn’t that tall – it looked like it was like 6 foot, maybe 6' 5". The side of the face looked like it had a lot of fur. Most of the time it was angling away, so I only got a good look at the head for probably the first 10 steps.

"The proportions of the torso - it looked more stocky than anything else. I notived the arms swung more than a human’s would and it didn’t have elbows cocked.

"This was no hoax. I’ve ridden maybe 50,000 to 70,000
miles in the backcountry on horses and you encounter a lot of bears when you do that. This thing, whatever it was, the horses looked straight down to it.

OTHER WITNESSES: Several other witnesses, unnnamed.

OTHER STORIES: After his sighting, Jackson started asking other people if they had ever heard any unusual vocalizations.

Read the whole encounter he wasn't up there with bigfoot on his mind . He never paid it no mind or discussed it with campers . After he saw one THEN he decided to ask other people if they heard or saw anything weird

There was no corner of his eye

ETA

If anything his mind was working the opposite of what you posted . He had encountered 1000's of bears over his time and his MIND worked to see a Bear but then he realized he wasn't looking at a bear.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:24:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The Patterson film captured a Bigfoot in transition to cover.  The IMAX helicopter crew captured a Bigfoot in transition to cover.  The key here is transition to cover.  You are very lucky to capture a glimpse, and extremely lucky to capture them fully exposed.  They leave physical evidence, but they are keenly aware of themselves and their impact, unlike a snow leopard.  If you stage a camera, it is extremely unlikely that you will get anything of value.  Interestingly, staged audio recorders, albeit electronic, produce good results.  At all times, they possess their characteristics both physical and other.  You never know what you are going to get.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. If sound recorders work, use them to identify areas where BF regularly takes cover. Surely they must bed down and sleep sometime. Make it a long term study, long enough to determine regular patterns of movement and domicile. Then swap the sound recorders with cameras placed to capture their movements to and from cover as they rise from sleep, forage/feed, then return to their den/lair/whatever.

But no, they are so stealthy and aware they will figure out what's going on and escape/evade without leaving a trace. That's where their "other" characteristics come in so handy.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it’s fake.
There’s a well known bigfoot hoaxer named Tim (?) something or the other that supposedly took that video. I believe Les Stroud did a show with him.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes it’s fake.
There’s a well known bigfoot hoaxer named Tim (?) something or the other that supposedly took that video. I believe Les Stroud did a show with him.
View Quote

That guy is a clown but has spent more times in the bush then most people posting in this thread . Too bad he felt he had to fake this stuff
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes it’s fake.
View Quote

You  gotta cite stuff!!!!.
I can't find

Tons of faked bf articles obviously
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Because eyewitnesses are the absolute lowest form of evidence for a reason.  I deal with them daily, 20 years now and they have never matched the video or physical evidence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is he a liar?

Yet if you were called to testify in court with eyewitness testimony it would be enough to send someone to jail for life, what would make your testimony any different?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I used to think bigfoot was fake and then I saw Michelle Obama.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yet if you were called to testify in court with eyewitness testimony it would be enough to send someone to jail for life, what would make your testimony any different?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is he a liar?

A shitty legal phenomenon is not evidence that eyewitness claims are inherently reliable.  It's evidence of an unfortunate flaw in the legal system.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:

Google Dr Melba Ketchum Sasquatch Genome Project

It may or may not answer the questions you have.

I am on fence with whole Sasquatch thing but reading the information she put out it does make say hmmm….
View Quote

The person in this article?

"How did the team definitively determine that the samples were from Bigfoot? Well, they didn't; the report details where Bigfoot samples were retrieved: "hair found on tree" and "hair found on wire fence" are typical. In other words, the people collecting the samples didn't see what animal left it there, possibly weeks or months earlier — but if it seemed suspicious it might be Bigfoot."
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

<a href="[url]https://i.imgur.com/xIvQIOW.jpg">https://i.imgur.com/xIvQIOW.jpg">[url]https://i.imgur.com/xIvQIOW.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is he a liar?

Lol no, not at all. I’ve never seen a case with nothing but witness testimony run. You still need to back that with evidence
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No shit. I haven’t seen so many people triggered since trump won the White House.

It’s hilarious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL.  These threads are an irresistible flame for the following personality types:

1.  Huge arrogant ego.
2.  Smartest guy in the room.
3.  Loves to "put people in their place".
4.  Smarmy dick attitude.

They don't have to click on the subject.  They don't have to berate others.  But they CANNOT help themselves.  

It is funny to see them get so wound up over something they don't believe is possible.  It consumes them.

No shit. I haven’t seen so many people triggered since trump won the White House.

It’s hilarious.

That's how the Big Feet work...they turn us against each other causing us to waste site resources.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It's not so much who they send the DNA samples to as it is what becomes of those samples that turn up unknown.  
View Quote

It kind of matters. Are the samples going to 23andme?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

"How did the team definitively determine that the samples were from Bigfoot? Well, they didn't; the report details where Bigfoot samples were retrieved: "hair found on tree" and "hair found on wire fence" are typical. In other words, the people collecting the samples didn't see what animal left it there, possibly weeks or months earlier — but if it seemed suspicious it might be Bigfoot."
View Quote

Then don’t bother with it then.

Have a curious mind or not. See for yourself what she reports or just believe the negative things said about the study.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is he a liar?

Nothing, I don't think witnesses should be a deciding factor in court.  

Take this thread for example.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

OBSERVED: The following account was given to Colorado curator T.E. Stein during a phone interview with Bob Jackson in 2003. Recently, Jackson gave permission to submit his account to the BFRO. Jackson, also known as "Action Jackson," was legendary among park supporters - notorious among outfitters and scofflaws - for his enforcement of park rules and regulations. He retired as a Yellowstone ranger in 2004. Few people have ever known Yellowstone's backcountry and its wildlife like Jackson.

"The first time heard anything was in the mid-late 70s. An outfitter and I were riding up Fan Creek in the northwest section of the park. Up the drainage in Stellaria Creek, we heard a sound that just kept going and going. It was probably a mile away. It filled the whole valley up - kind of 1,000 like elk going to their death. I couldn’t believe this thing had that much volume for that long a period of time. He had never heard anything like it, neither.

"A couple of weeks later, I was coming out from Sportsman Creek, taking a trail which comes out of Fan Creek. I was 11 miles back in, up high in a subalpine fir meadow complex.
I was on a steep sidehill with horses and in woods but down below about 40-50 yards there was a kind of fairly flat meadow, with dense subalpine thickets. There were these low fir growths that have a centerpiece tree and then everything kind of cone-shapes to ground. They were about 20 yards wide or so.

"The horses were flaring their noses and snorting, like they do when a grizzly bear is real close, but I could see fairly good all around and I couldn’t see one. So I started looking down below me, and the horses were really agitated – they’re wanting to get out of there. I held them but only with effort.

"I looked down to see where griz was, and I saw a deer at edge of thicket. All at once it bolted and started jarring ahead perpendicular to me. Right then coming out the other side was this thing that was running on two feet. It was black like a bear and it had long arms and ran. I think I held it there 30 seconds, but it got scared and then came out. It ran but not super fast. It ran to another thicket and went at angle out of thicket to another thicket about 40-50 yards away (At this point, the creature was 75 yards downslope.)

"It kept hitting these thickets trying to get away from me. I’ve never seen a bear do that. They’ll always take a straight line.

"The first thing I thought was “bear” but right away I realized this black shaggy thing wasn’t a bear. This thing was smart. I’ve never seen animal trying to pick up protection as it fled.

"It wasn’t that tall – it looked like it was like 6 foot, maybe 6' 5". The side of the face looked like it had a lot of fur. Most of the time it was angling away, so I only got a good look at the head for probably the first 10 steps.

"The proportions of the torso - it looked more stocky than anything else. I notived the arms swung more than a human’s would and it didn’t have elbows cocked.

miles in the backcountry on horses and you encounter a lot of bears when you do that. This thing, whatever it was, the horses looked straight down to it.

OTHER STORIES: After his sighting, Jackson started asking other people if they had ever heard any unusual vocalizations.

Read the whole encounter he wasn't up there with bigfoot on his mind . He never paid it no mind or discussed it with campers . After he saw one THEN he decided to ask other people if they heard or saw anything weird

ETA

If anything his mind was working the opposite of what you posted . He had encountered 1000's of bears over his time and his MIND worked to see a Bear but then he realized he wasn't looking at a bear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ETA

Quoted:

It appears you’re so eager to discount what he saw that you didn’t bother even reading the account. The first thing you mentioned is he saw something from the corner of his eye. That’s false. Read the account. He sat right there on his horse and watched it. And it wasn’t Pikachu.

I love the irony of Bigfeets people suddenly deciding that one inconsistent or wrong detail is suddenly a big deal.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Have a curious mind or not. See for yourself what she reports or just believe the negative things said about the study.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A truly curious mind would consider both.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2013/07/an-honest-attempt-to-understand-the-bigfoot-genome-and-the-woman-who-created-it/
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I agree. I Don't believe in Bigfoot but I don't see this as trolling I am glad its in GD so its not just a circle jerk like the snowflake forum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ranging isn't trolling. The subject interests him and he likes discussing it. GD gets lots of traffic. Threads get buried in sub forums because there's little to no traffic.

I agree.

But getting the forum was a long but fun process.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#48]
The Russian pics found with the hikers was interesting.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Better yet are Mars rover pictures.....

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
An explanation for any predator would be once it became aware of his campsite/scent, it immediately went into stealth stalking mode.  Stealth in, stealth out.  On with its business.

Like this...

Leopard Hunts Baboon in Broad Daylight

Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top