Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
These days mostly solid earthy colors and a reversible smock, dark browns tans greens, repro german blurred edge smock fall/early spring. I'm liking smocks and 3d over-garments these days, simple setup that's fast to throw on or off and comfortable vs. getting all matching layers or just a bunch of camo layers period. Flecktarn and Coyote brown is another combo I like, Multicam and Coyote for Summer. I would like to get an ATACS FG pattern smock with a hood, no plans to buy anything else until I can find that, someone told me FG will be going back into production this year or upcoming year so hopefully someone gets the fabric and does a smock.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mossy oak bottomland
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#3]
M81
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
MC, ERDL, Finn M05, Swede M90, and most of the Russian stuff.

Russian Oak Leaf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCsOckEQk-U
View Quote

The Russians have some great patterns and a lot of them are better suited to my area than US patterns, seems like most of them never saw widespread issue/use. Regert not buying some of the different suits when they were available, I have a Bars Gorka suit, rarely wear it as a suit but use the top and bottom a lot on their own. Some decent thought went into the designs of the various suits, seasonal features/foliage attachment/reversible/tick traps, there's quite a few things we should out right steal for hunting and mil garments here.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck M81. ERDL better.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
These days mostly solid earthy colors and a reversible smock, dark browns tans greens, repro german blurred edge smock fall/early spring. I'm liking smocks and 3d over-garments these days, simple setup that's fast to throw on or off and comfortable vs. getting all matching layers or just a bunch of camo layers period. Flecktarn and Coyote brown is another combo I like, Multicam and Coyote for Summer. I would like to get an ATACS FG pattern smock with a hood, no plans to buy anything else until I can find that, someone told me FG will be going back into production this year or upcoming year so hopefully someone gets the fabric and does a smock.
View Quote

Curious about the smock concept. Got any links for your favorites?
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#7]
All Terrain Tiger™

I do like multicam as well - I have had turkeys' up close and personal - they never knew I was there....

Red

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Multicam and Kryptek Highlander
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm a sucker for Vietnam Tiger Stripe in almost all of its configurations.
Woodland.
OD Green.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#11]
The commercial "Duck Hunter" camo from back in the day.
Nice to see it making a comeback.
Though I've yet to see it used on something I can both use and afford.

I also have a soft spot for Natural Camo. (The one with the chameleon logo)
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#12]

My only camo clothing is an old SAS smock and warm weather trousers in DPM.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I've killed more animals in a white t shirt and bluejeans over any kind of camo.  But I like multicam and digital.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Sitka Elevated Forest II

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Curious about the smock concept. Got any links for your favorites?
View Quote

These are the two that I have, also have a Gorka but its not really a smock like these.

Blurred edge: https://www.atthefront.com/M42-Blurred-Edge-Smock-p/gusm42be.htm (has foliage loops)

Partizan Summer: https://russiancoldcamo.com/collections/suits-1/products/sso-suit-partizan-ss-summer (US based seller but out of stock and probably will be for some time but they are out there on ebay and elsewhere from time to time, I don't trust ordering anything from Russia now personally.)

Few others I haven't tried but considered:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007X2BULQ?tag=arfcom00-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H3S3FS8?tag=arfcom00-20

The one from At The Front is great quality and they have some different variants, sizing was perfect. With the Euro repro's or Russian stuff I suggest finding your EU size and maybe going up a size, definitely to accommodate cold weather layers or just give it a baggy look.

There isn't a lot of options for smocks in modern patterns unfortunately but I'd really love to see some more. It's Just a convenient garment that you can throw over whatever and head out into the woods, easy on off, works well with camo pants or solid colors, can add some vegetation if it has loops. My only complaint is they get a little heavy if they get soaked but if I know it's gonna be wet I wear a rain jacket underneath. In a small gym duffel I keep the smock a pair of mossy oak bottomlands gloves a boonie hat and some hand warmers, makes it easy.

There's also some 3d poncho's out there I'd like to try but haven't yet:

https://www.ghost-hood.com/show_all/ghost-hoodie_en.aspx

https://www.ghost-hood.com/show_all/camouflage/compact-poncho_en.aspx
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Always like atacs au for the desert
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Alpenflage all the things

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Whatever is on clearance and will fit my big ass.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I like that pink and white camouflage that the girls wear down at the barbecue bar.

I still have old BDUs.

I think my Crocks are a newer camo pattern.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Tiger stripe is the coolest by a long shot, but multicam and forest or desert digital, depending on elevation, are the best for my area.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Here in PA, Multicam for spring/fall/summer.

Summer, Multicam Tropic works remarkable well, too.

Winter, I've not found a favorite-must-have.

Without snow, though, MC is probably still the winner.

ETA: The alpenflage posted above looks really effective too. Damn!

ETA III: Spelling!
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Multicam or just plain brown works really well in dry native grass in ks.  I actually think woodland is probably my least favorite.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#23]

I was in an Airsoft match while wearing Alpenflage probably 15 years back. One of my teammates came up from behind me and knelt uncomfortably close to my side.

I said "Hey..." and he jumped about a foot. Never even knew I was there
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just curious ( while watching Bucs vs Browns).. 17-10 currently.. at the # 3rd Q..

Which camo version is your favorite?
Why do you like that / those choices?
Me..

I prefer Tiger Stripe.. # 1
and  # 2 BDU Woodland.
# 3 OD Green.

Go Bucs..
and as I occasionally chug a cold refreshment, I might check in to see the Arfcom results. Have a great day and....

View Quote

German Flecktarn

Tod Bowles needs to be fired!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hadn’t heard that they might bring it back- if so I’m stoked!

I got a set of closeout ACUs in ATACS FG and it’s my new favorite pattern for spring and summer
At night M81 woodland or tiger stripe, with some dark brown or OD green
For fall solid brown/tan or M81 if the background is right
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#26]
BDU Woodland
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 8:47:43 PM EDT
[#27]
I live in the desert so my favorite to wear is Desert Digi.

The ones that I think look cool but aren't as useful for me are Vietnam Tiger Stripe and Multicam Black.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#28]

I’ve got some Alpenflage.  That looks good and seems to work well in that pic
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I like all the different Tiger Stripes and Multicams. I actually like all different camo, reminds me of being a kid I guess and playing Army in the woods wearing my dad’s BDU coats. I’ve got all types of different camo clothing and usually just grab whatever is closest when wearing it out at the farm.  
For a SWAT uniform, we wear OD green and it is very effective in any of the woods around here
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Woodland and Mitchel are both snazzy.

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I hunt with Jeans and Plaid but my favorite camos is Fleck...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42280/IMG_3384-2492173.jpg
View Quote

Rifle is awesomely done. How did you do it so well?
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#32]
1 Natural Gear, good Arizona camo.
2 Rhodesian, best scrub desert camo ever, but impossible to find.
3 3 color desert.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#33]
I rather like the look of Pencott Badlands, but I don't have anything in that scheme. I'm tempted to buy some fabric and try sewing a simple smock but I don't know how to sew.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I got a set of closeout ACUs in ATACS FG and it’s my new favorite pattern for spring and summer
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looked around for a few to confirm and it's on the ATACS blog, hopefully we'll see some stuff in FG again next year. I don't have anything in FG yet, I waited too long and by the time I thought about getting something it was discontinued. If I can get the fabric I might try and make my own smock/pullover.

https://www.a-tacs.com/blog-post/original-a-tacs-fg-is-back/
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, the one that actually works so MarPat.  Multicam is the "One Size Fits None" of camouflage.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Multicam

ATACS FG
ATACS AU
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 6:54:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Very effective around here.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 6:58:57 AM EDT
[#38]
ATACS IX
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:09:11 AM EDT
[#39]
ATACS FG
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Flektarn in the cooler months
Tropic Multicam in the warmer months
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:40:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Look for camo that has both light and dark tones.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Multicam for actually doing shit, and then Flecktarn, Vegetato, and CADPAT TW for looking cool.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#44]
I'd consider myself a pretty advanced military camo pattern/uniform collector and own some of the rarest examples out there.
From a personal perspective of what I find to be the coolest, contemporary camouflage patterns, these would be amongst my top 10:

US M1948 ERDL Lowlands Pattern(Vietnam Era):

Shout outs to Scandinavia:

Norwegian Nkamo M04 Uniform:

Swedish M90 Splinter Camo:

Finnish M05 Camo:

Eastern Europe:

Albanian Flectarn:

Czech VZ.95(based off US M1948 ERDL):

Australian AMCU(Australian Multicam Pattern), kind of a brown dominant Multicam:

Canadian CADPAT Woodland:

For practical CONUS usage: Plain old Multicam, M81 Woodland, OD Green and Coyote Brown will all work just fine.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

I was thinking hunting.. but I'm OK with hearing from the other.
I don't really dress up in camo much anymore. Used to wear BDU Woodland many years ago. We were also authorized to wear OD Green (Army). But here.. Tiger Stripe is my choice for hunting.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Prefer ATACS woodland

Multicam for gen purp off the shelf

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:17:39 AM EDT
[#48]

Awesome maps, and basically sums up what I was going to say.

In my area Flecktarn fits in pretty well. During fall, Alpenflage does well, but it's red content would stand out during any other season.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:19:05 AM EDT
[#49]
ATACS
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Multicam tropic and flecktarn
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top