Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Tim Hawkins on Cracker Barrel
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Our local CB is doing more business than they can seat, food is great every time I go, ( only three restaurants in the town worth eating at - they are one of them), and service is just fine. The menu did diminish for the plandemic, but recently expanded back to the original plus some.
View Quote

Still don't see the Haddock dinner .
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:38:02 AM EDT
[#3]
People complaining about long wait times need to download their app. You can put your name on the list before you get there, so very little waiting.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:46:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It was never good. I would eat Applebees before Cracker Barrel.
View Quote

That’s not saying much….
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:48:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Still good in the ones I've visited in NV, AZ, and UT.

Maybe it's you, OP??

Edit to add:  Sorry, I forgot this is GD -- we hate EVERY food chain on earth.  The ONLY good restaurants are the little hole in the wall ones that are found ONLY in our immediate area.  Everything else sux.

Carry on...
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:01:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quality has took a hit for a while now.

But for Pete’s sake, avoid this place. It’s a complete woke show. You can go to their DEI website and it’ll make you puke. They also hate guns.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:15:06 AM EDT
[#7]

I was hoping that was not an official Cracker Barrel thing, but was sadly mistaken...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:41:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The one near me is an hour wait minimum to get into on the weekends, especially before noon. Clean restaurant, well stocked gift area, good coffee, hardworking waitstaff..
View Quote

thats how the one around the corner was.
It's pretty bad now, especially the service.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:42:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Microwaves got more expensive?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:42:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Cause boomers are getting old and a social security check is hard to live off of especially going out to eat
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:05:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 6:18:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 6:38:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Cracker Barrel got canceled because they are racist.  LOL

The are a highway food stop, nothing more.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 6:41:29 AM EDT
[#14]
I went to Cracker Barrel a couple of months ago. Average age must have been 55+ eating there.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 6:44:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Had breakfast there a couple of years ago. Small portions.

Iced tea was good.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Even before covid, it was going down hill fast.  My wife and I ate at two different cracker barrels in two different states (about a month apart) five years ago.  We both got sick shortly after we ate at cracker barrel both times.  We haven't been back since.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Last one I went to was a few years ago just before Covid. Always super crowded with subpar food. Meh!
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I’ve never been there.
View Quote

Neither have I.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:48:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Overpriced, very “meh” with no flavor.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Don't hate my senior citizens discount
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Old People Food.

Worst thing about catering to the elders is that the food has to be bland and unseasoned with low sodium.

Don't hate my senior citizens discount

I keep telling the AARP to piss off, I guess their hearing aids are turned off.................

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Ate at one last night.

Not my choice.

Food sucked.

They can't even make a decent cheese burger.
At least the cheese burger didn't make my bowels evacuate like the fried chicken
did last visit there.

Maybe I'll order the sirloin next time, my grandson got one and it seemed ok.

I hate that place and I had to pay for all of it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Their customer base either died or developed a sense of taste.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Other than waffle house, it's the cheapest breakfast I can find with a decent amount of food.   No complaints here other than a lack of hot waitresses at some restaurants.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Just like 87% of every other short staffed restaurant, they try turning up the heat to get the food out faster.  This always results in shit food.

It's not just CB it's everywhere.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I've ate there 3 times and I drive by one daily.

I've only had exceptionally good food once out of those three times.

Pre Covid.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Cracker Barrel is an overpriced fake country tourist trap that happens to have a restaurant attached.

I despise that place and that stupid ass store where you have to pay your bill.
View Quote

Meh, you just wish you had thought of it...  Fracking brilliant money making idea.

But I agree the store gets on my nerves too.  But I'm not who they are targeting, our wives are...
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:25:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Love their Country Boy Breakfast
Lot of food for the $$
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If I boycotted every company that said or did something I disagreed with politically, I'd be naked and hunting food with a pointy stick.

And then I'd find out that the CEO of the company who made the knife steel posted some BLM shit on Twitter. So then I'd be foraging for pieces of flint.
View Quote

Rest assured that cracker barrel is only doing the "latest thing". They actually codified the firing of gay employees, something that's been memory holed. They are the big reason it was added to the protected groups and was a catalyst for gay activism.

Same with the politicians who practically fell over each other firing any gay campaign workers. I remember Sam nunn as one of them. It's all been scrubbed from wiki who only mentions his support for Clinton and Obama and all his supposed woke policies.

The funny thing to me is how thoroughly the "latest thing" is scrubbed and replaced by the next latest thing.

You have to really dig to find out these goings on from that time but that era is who to thank for the gay activism from which we now suffer, it didn't just vaporize for no reason.

So you can go back to your dirty lattice clad restaurant secure with the thought that cracker barrel, like every corporation, is merely doing the latest thing. Now the latest thing is "white supremacists", eventually even that will be scrubbed and replaced by a different latest thing.

Screenshots that escaped the memory hole

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#30]
So bringing thread back to life because 83 yo FIL insisted on Cracker Barrel for breakfast yesterday. Got there at 11. This time I did my chicken fried chicken.  First thing I did was get a to go box and put that huge ass second piece of chicken in it for later.  Saved half the gravy for later.  
It was great, service was fast this time.  Different store than my last experience.  And my wife still wouldn’t let me buy the 2’ tall metal rooster in the gift shop.  
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top