Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2001 3:48:42 PM EDT
My wife has always been supportive of my firearm purchases and of my training our children in the use of arms. She can hit anything she wants with a scoped rifle but has never been able to hit anything with iron sights with the exception of the red ramp front and white outline sights on my brothers S&W 686.

Today I picked up a S&W 7 shot 686+ and a nearly identical except for size S&W model 63 .22 with the same sights and I have ordered grips to match for both of them. My thought was that this will be the best way for a severely recoil sensitive person to learn with starting with the .22 moving on to .38 special and finally .357 mag. I will transition her to a rifle with iron sights as not long after she starts consistently hitting her target.

I tied starting her off Simi-autos but she is so afraid of the slide that she can’t concentrate on the sights.  

Does this make me a traitor?

THISISME
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
If you feel like a traitor, then you are one.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Nah....what else you gonna do, buy a taurus?.....(you COULD have looked at dan wesson though!)..............[smoke]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Imbrog|io, I don’t feel like a traitor but this has been a topic of discussion here before.
Is your revolver a S&W.

black&green, I looked at Dan Wesson and Taurus before S&W but could not find both .22 and .357 with the sights she needed and grips substantially the same in both guns. This is an issue because my wife does not take to learning about guns very quickly. She was not raised around firearms and she seems to be especially hard to teach so a uniform shooting platform is very important. Thanx for understanding.

thebeekeeper1, I feel the same way now that they have sold and the new owner lives less than 35 minutes away in the free state of AZ.

I cant wait till she is a good enough shot to go get her CCW.

THISISME

Link Posted: 5/29/2001 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#5]
You're not as long as it isn't new.  [:D]

Joking aside, I think it would be more important to our cause to make sure she is proficient with a weapon.  

Personally I would never buy a NEW one, but a used one is not advancing the cause of a traitor (S & W).

SOL
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 4:16:00 AM EDT
[#7]
You can always buy Pre-soldout S&W.  I did and they are much nicer.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:29:37 AM EDT
[#8]
While I’m confessing I might as well get it all out.

Both S&W’s are NIB or LNIB. They don’t look like they have been fired but the dealer could not say for sure. They are not new from the factory though.

My kids and my wife prefer my pre-ban Colt Match lightweight target AR much more than their post-ban BM AR’s. They don’t like the retractable stock; it’s totally a weight and accuracy thing with them.

Yup, I bought three new Colt Match lightweight target uppers complete with factory head spaced bolt’s and charging handles for $ 510.00 each from JCArmory. They will be here in time for this weekend. I plan on switching them without their knowledge and wait to see how soon they notice.  
Now I just might be able to shoot more and load for everyone else less because everyone wont be asking to shoot my rifle.

I have done all of this and somehow I don’t feel bad about either transaction and was wondering if I had somehow strayed.

THISISME
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:59:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Which would be worse?  Buying a new S&W or not having a gun (or two) for your wife?  To add a new shooter to our ranks is worth it.  

Now, collectors or shooters that already have a variety of guns, that's another story.  I like S&W handguns, I just don't like the management's "deal".  Here's hoping the new owners can see to do the right thing.

Norm
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:08:46 AM EDT
[#10]
GOD WILL NOT FORGIVE YOU! [:(!]

No, seriously. Whatever works for your wife is fine. Besides, S&W are talking about giving in to NRA pressure anyways. With Comrade Clinton gone, there are no friendly faces left in the executive branch for them. Just see a priest, confess your foul crime and you'll be saved. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Imbrog|io, I don’t feel like a traitor but this has been a topic of discussion here before.
Is your revolver a S&W.
View Quote

I have a toris .38 m85t.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#12]
t a u r u s
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#13]
lingus, toris.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 3:28:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Smith and Wesson has been sold! No longer owned by those Limey Bast*##s. Now owned by a US company(can't remember thier name ). Just happened recently. Maybe thier back in pro-gun hands now(I hope). Hopefully they will trash the agreement the Brits made with Slick Willy! I hated to see a grand ol US Institution like S&W slide down the slippery slope(taking our 2nd amendment right with them). I'm hoping for the best, will soon find out I imagine. Hooray thier owned by Americans again!
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 4:33:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 4:41:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I find it strange that when S&W goes out of business, Hilary Clinton will be celebrating.
I do not want to be part of that party.

I disagree with what S&W management did, but I will support their workers.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 4:41:48 AM EDT
[#17]
www.taurususa.com
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 4:46:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top