Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 44
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Alright, YouTube channel is created. I'm going to continue working on a virtual set and getting OBS set up for this.

Upon setting up the channel, I see YouTube now requires 100 subscribers to go live without scheduling it, so go, do it.

My plan is to do a 1 hour show twice a week if my schedule allows and if there are willing guests, Tuesdays and Thursdays are probably going to be the days. Goal is for 1st show to be Thursday December 1.

Oh yeah, CHANNEL LINK

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I was playing around with making a logo and really liked the Live GD idea, and...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/411079/Screenshot_20221014_121825_jpg-2562730.JPG
View Quote

Pretty good!

Should it have a descriptive sub title or stick with the streamlined, understated for the cool factor?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Pretty good!

Should it have a descriptive sub title or stick with the streamlined, understated for the cool factor?
View Quote
I like the streamlined look myself
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#4]
There are without a doubt some smart and interesting people on this site….but an hour twice a week? I think you overestimate the amount of smart and interesting.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There are without a doubt some smart and interesting people on this site .but an hour twice a week? I think you overestimate the amount of smart and interesting.
View Quote
But there's also an abundance of not-so-smart GD'ers that could be quite entertaining. Those could be even more fun.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Alright, YouTube channel is created. I'm going to continue working on a virtual set and getting OBS set up for this.

Upon setting up the channel, I see YouTube now requires 100 subscribers to go live without scheduling it, so go, do it.

My plan is to do a 1 hour show twice a week if my schedule allows and if there are willing guests, Tuesdays and Thursdays are probably going to be the days. Goal is for 1st show to be Thursday December 1.

Oh yeah, CHANNEL LINK

View Quote

Subscribed.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm subscribed, too - though it's still in single digits.

Man, if this goes off, it's gonna be such a shitshow. I look forward to it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Gave you two subscriptions, OP. One as me and one from the business.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Oh yeah, CHANNEL LINK

View Quote

Subbed
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I am 100% in for the shit show.  Also would be willing to partake as GDs least known member.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Subbed.
Possible guest?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#12]
awesome, from idea to 16 subscribers in less than 12 hours
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Subbed

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You can be my Ed McMahon
View Quote

This could be fun
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I never subscribed to a YouTube channel........until today

Good Luck OP!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Just a reminder, I know a lot of you said you'd be interested in participating, PLEASE pm me if you are serious....it's the easiest way for me to keep track without having to comb this thread looking. I will be starting a spreadsheet for potential guests, being able to just look and who pm'd will be much easier.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#17]
If you have an episode about formerly pretty, currently chubby, upper Midwest women with low self-esteem, daddy issues, still on the decline to rock bottom from too many poor-to-mediocre decisions, who are about midway though their ride on the cock-carousel...I may know a guy who's into that.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you have an episode about formerly pretty, currently chubby, upper Midwest women with low self-esteem, daddy issues, still on the decline to rock bottom from too many poor-to-mediocre decisions, who are about midway though their ride on the cock-carousel...I may know a guy who's into that.
View Quote
That's quite.........descriptive.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In all seriousness, that's probably half the women 25-35 in WI.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#22]
just subscribed. excellent bad idea, OP.

ETA: 1/3 of the way there now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Subscribed
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just a heads up for those that said they would be a guest, I updated the op, so if you're interested pm me and I'll start a spreadsheet of potential guests for those wanting to participate.
View Quote

I'd sign up for comedic relief, but otherwise nobody gives a popcorn fart about what I think.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Subscribed
View Quote

My only question - are you going to have enough pharmaceuticals to go the distance?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#26]
You need to put a BS video on the channel to get some views started
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Subbed
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Subscribed!
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#29]
If Wayne and Garth can do it, so can you.  

Maybe you can get Tia Carrere to guest spot?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You need to put a BS video on the channel to get some views started
View Quote
Yeah, I was going to make a channel trailer. I'll probably work on that this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh I am in on this. I will bring puppies.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Is "arfcom" copyrighted or otherwise legally claimed? I like that name but it could be problematic if so.

Arfkids Clubhouse
Arfguements
Arfbar Spirited Debates
Fellow Firearm Enthusiast Discussions
Beans/No Beans (Not your average cooking show)

I'm not good at this.
View Quote

Back in the '70s this would be called a Circle Jerk...
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#34]
39 and counting. Don't make me make all my sockpuppets do the heavy lifting.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#35]
i wish you the best. but ime "high me writes checks that sober me can't cash"
especially when the pain pill opiates hit lol.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You'd get canceled after 2 episodes.  
View Quote

2? That’s optimistic.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#37]
40 subscribers and no content. It will probably set a record for the most subscribers with nothing to show for it, lol.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Subscribed
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
40 subscribers and no content. It will probably set a record for the most subscribers with nothing to show for it, lol.
View Quote
Well, there may or may not me a teaser trailer up this weekend, so there's that.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't know how this stuff works, but when you search for Channel 87, you get some fat broad in a nighty.

Channel 87 Live GD gets nothing.

Is there a secret to the actual name of the channel? Like should it be unique like an email address has to be?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Subbed
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just a reminder, I know a lot of you said you'd be interested in participating, PLEASE pm me if you are serious....it's the easiest way for me to keep track without having to comb this thread looking. I will be starting a spreadsheet for potential guests, being able to just look and who pm'd will be much easier.
View Quote

PM sent
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Subscribed.
Dis gonna be good!

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Like now. Fell off a ladder cleaning the gutters out this afternoon and I'm loopy as hell from back pain meds. I'm sitting here by myself watching TV because everyone went to bed and got to thinking, I wanna start a late night talk show livestream with arfcom members as guests. I think it would be funny as fuck having random GD'ers on live to discuss anything relevant, funny stories, firearms, politics, food, business, and womenz. It would be like a retarded Tonight Show: GD Edition. I have a ton of equipment to make this work and look halfway professional so it COULD be done.

Is OP a genius, or did OP maybe smack his head as well when he fell?

UPDATE #1:
Being that over 100 of you fuckers voted that this could be a good idea, I'm going to try to make it happen. Not sure how soon as I have a few things to do, such as design a virtual set, arrange for some folks that are willing to participate, get OBS set up for a conference style broadcast, etc. Also, got to think of a good name for this. Hoping to maybe start by Dec. 1 if everything works out.

UPDATE #2:
Ok, seriously looking to get this going and make it happen as this seems like it could be a lot of fun. I'm off work today so I just started designing a virtual set that is reminiscent of older late night talk shows. I want to get a list of folks that would be willing to be guests, so if you are interested, shoot me a PM. Looking for a name for this project as well, so if you have any ideas post it in this thread.

UPDATE #3:

Oh yeah, CHANNEL LINK
View Quote

Subscribed
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#45]
I subscribed.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Subbed
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Subbed... 67 I think I was.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I don't know how this stuff works, but when you search for Channel 87, you get some fat broad in a nighty.

Is there a secret to the actual name of the channel? Like should it be unique like an email address has to be?
View Quote

There’s a channel link in the OP.

@ridgerunner9876
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

@ridgerunner9876
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@ridgerunner9876

I know that.

I'm saying that (and I'm ignorant of how this works) the youtube search engine doesn't bring up the channel when you search for "channel 87" or "channel 87 Live GD" or any combination thereof.

So, I'm just wondering what the search engine is actually looking for and if there is some minutiae in the name or link, etc.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I know that.

I'm saying that (and I'm ignorant of how this works) the youtube search engine doesn't bring up the channel when you search for "channel 87" or "channel 87 Live GD" or any combination thereof.

So, I'm just wondering what the search engine is actually looking for and if there is some minutiae in the name or link, etc.
View Quote
It won't bring it up in the algorithm because there are no videos yet.
Page / 44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top