Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 44
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Invite them onto the show. It isn't connected with arfcom directly.

I think it's a great idea and would like to participate. Would definitely watch. But have zero idea of how to implement the idea.

What form it could take? Video conference sort of thing that gets YouTube live streamed???? Or a recorded blog type thing with special guests??

I hope it has legs. Maybe sponsors.
View Quote
I'm thinking the same, this wouldn't be directly involved with arfcom, so really anyone could be a guest. If a former member that folks would like to see is willing to participate, they'd be more than welcome.

Form, I'm thinking a YouTube Livestream, conference-style with a virtual set using obs...just thinking out loud, not really sure.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Sign me up. I'll ask my friend Fluffy to join us and we'll talk M1 Garands.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Only on the condition that EVERYONE on the show has to be loaded up on back/pain meds.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#4]
FIRST GUEST HAS TO BE SCAGDRIVER!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Invite them onto the show. It isn't connected with arfcom directly.

I think it's a great idea and would like to participate. Would definitely watch. But have zero idea of how to implement the idea.

What form it could take? Video conference sort of thing that gets YouTube live streamed???? Or a recorded blog type thing with special guests??

I hope it has legs. Maybe sponsors.
View Quote

Lord, if Quiganomics pulls this off,  please give Ronman a 5-min spot on the show.  Amen
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Imagine a panel with SCAG and ilikeporkchops, maybe even toss DeathHates in there for good measure.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Imagine a panel with SCAG and ilikeporkchops, maybe even toss DeathHates in there for good measure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that, bring in Deej
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

FUCK YES!!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:47:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is not the direction I envisioned.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is not the direction I envisioned.
View Quote
Me either. That was a joke. Ain't no way I'm going to try to moderate a discussion with those three. However, I do think an interview with SCAG could be interesting to see if he's actually like the person he portrayed here.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd like to vote for all three options!

I think it is a great idea, and I have a lot of experience starting and funding companies, so drop me an IM if you get serious.

Some friends an I, who are from all over the political map, have considered starting such a politically incorrect podcast where we all wear full single color body suits that cover the face as well, to avoid getting cancelled. Like this one: Bodysuits on Amazon.

EDIT: Always have the host wear one of the grey body suits, and call it the Gray Man Show. Gray has historically been associated with "the middle", and has even shown up in various sci-fi and fiction books and shows - see the Gray Council on Babylon 5 as one of many examples.
Guests can pick a color, anything other than gray. Tack on a number to their color, or a greek letter, so the first guest who chooses blue is Blue1 or Blue Alpha, and so on for each color, that lets you have repeat guests. The marketing plan is unfolding between my ears as I type.......
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#13]
the problem with self medication and creativity
most of the time the drugs alter any good critical sense a person has of realistically judging their own "best" work...
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#14]
@Quiganomics  10000% will listen, but you need @Aimless as the first guest.  I want to hear about penguin breeding habits in NY.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Our old house had leaf guards.

Guess when the next home investment is gonna be...
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm in. We'll do an episode on ballistics and how MOA-BDC is the master race reticle.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm thinking that 1 hour to 1.5 hours is the sweet spot for length. Thinking 2 guests, one for a serious discussion, the other would be the equivalent to shitposting. So for format, have the serious gues and discussion on for the first half of the show, then bring in the shitposter for the other half for a more laid back comedic ending.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#19]
I think over an hour is pretty long. Imho 30-40 mins would be max most people would be willing or able to spend.

Unless the host/interviewer is very talented and well prepared (which would take lots of behind the scenes time) two, or more, opposing viewpoints having a discussion with some reasonable and balanced moderation would make for good, on the spot entertainment.

You could toss in an auxiliary, neutral, fact checker, using the net to throw out tidbits, as a conversation develops. Something sorely lacking in many talk shows.

So, if someone thinks they can pull out a stat or fact out of their ass, they can expect an interjection 5 minutes later, " Ackshually, that isn't true at all according to  blah blah blah. That Stat seems to have originated with XYZ biased group".
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#20]
@WhiskerstheCat

CEO of Workbeers, Walrus extraordinaire

He could discuss the finer points of shitposting.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#21]
This has potential…
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Just a heads up for those that said they would be a guest, I updated the op, so if you're interested pm me and I'll start a spreadsheet of potential guests for those wanting to participate.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Great idea, as long as it's socially, sexually, and racially sensitive.

ETA: Please record them... some of us have old man bedtimes.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I would be happy to particpate in ARFCOM Coast To Coast should you like.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Great idea, as long as it's socially, sexually, and racially sensitive.

ETA: Please record them... some of us have old man bedtimes.  
View Quote
Livestreams are also available to watch on demand on YouTube so no issue there...
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll take you up on that.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#27]
RE: name - you're "Quiqanomics" so call it "Quigmire" or "Quiqmire Tales" or something vaguely both you and "Family Guy/Quaqmire" related.

Giggity
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I would be happy to particpate in ARFCOM Coast To Coast should you like.
View Quote

Is "arfcom" copyrighted or otherwise legally claimed? I like that name but it could be problematic if so.

Arfkids Clubhouse
Arfguements
Arfbar Spirited Debates
Fellow Firearm Enthusiast Discussions
Beans/No Beans (Not your average cooking show)

I'm not good at this.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
RE: name - you're "Quiqanomics" so call it "Quigmire" or "Quiqmire Tales" or something vaguely both you and "Family Guy/Quaqmire" related.

Giggity
View Quote
Oral Sessions with Quigmire

...giggity.

Or something simple like:
Beans Or No Beans with Quiganomics

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Is "arfcom" copyrighted or otherwise legally claimed? I like that name but it could be problematic if so.

Arfkids Clubhouse
Arfguements
Arfbar Spirited Debates

I'm not good at this.
View Quote
GD Live at 5  
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Arfkids Clubhouse
Arfguements
Arfbar Spirited Debates

I'm not good at this.
View Quote
I'd prefer to keep arfcom out of the name as to not ruffle any of our overlords' feathers.

While it's a show for Arfcommers, it's not associated with Arfcom.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#32]
What happens when someone wants to chime in and disagree/agree with differences/, etc, just like an arfcom thread? Gonna have a call in line, or Livestream chat that you can pick and choose from?

You KNOW that many episodes will devolve into good natured chaos, a boring "we all agree thread", outright anger, etc, from the peanut gallery. Possibly in the same episode...
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
GD Live at 5  
View Quote

Might be something there - we all seemed to like "Live PD", so maybe a "Live GD" would work and exert meme leverage?

Except if it's true to GD, we are all going to jail or hell or worse.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Arfkids Clubhouse
Arfguements
Arfbar Spirited Debates

I'm not good at this.
View Quote

Nah man, those are awesome!

Blading at 45

Fo Time

87 Degrees of Seperation

The Curse

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Turn of the 20th century philosophers and thinkers did their best work someplace between opium and cocaine.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hey, cocksucker, you'll have to watch your trashy fucking foul mouth shit if you want to podcast with moi.
View Quote
@RTX

i love you, man
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You're absolutely fucking right it is.
View Quote
goddamn right
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Fuck that, bring in Deej
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#39]
OP is nuts, but this is a GREAT idea.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What happens when someone wants to chime in and disagree/agree with differences/, etc, just like an arfcom thread? Gonna have a call in line, or Livestream chat that you can pick and choose from?

You KNOW that many episodes will devolve into good natured chaos, a boring "we all agree thread", outright anger, etc, from the peanut gallery. Possibly in the same episode...
View Quote
I think a live chat to accompany the show would be good. Maybe take calls from certain individuals....
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'd prefer to keep arfcom out of the name as to not ruffle any of our overlords' feathers.

While it's a show for Arfcommers, it's not associated with Arfcom.
View Quote

I'd say that's wise.

GDiscussion
GDebate
No Ragerts
Late Night GD

Sometimes, hundreds of names are thrown at the wall before one sticks. I think a catchy, apropos name is pretty important to success.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Turn of the 20th century philosophers and thinkers did their best work someplace between opium and cocaine.
View Quote
i do my best work with sleep deprivation, caffeine, nicotine, sugar, and grease.

tight deadlines help as well
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#43]
I like "LIVE GD" a lot.

I also kinda like "Beans or No Beans", that would be the first question every guest is asked and keep an all time running tally and the bottom.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is where skilled, experienced moderation and producers would make or break the effort. Herding a bunch of cats into an entertaining show has got to be exceptionally difficult.

What percentage of threads are great compared to flashes in the pan? Granted,  those are undirected and organic.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Blading at 45

Fo Time

87 Degrees of Seperation

The Curse

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arfkids Clubhouse
Arfguements
Arfbar Spirited Debates

I'm not good at this.

Blading at 45

Fo Time

87 Degrees of Seperation

The Curse

Those would be great episode subtitles/topics.

When I was den leader, I had my Tiger cubs make a news paper, each boy doing a short article. We handed them out at the pack meeting.

I named it "The Tiger Din". One mom pulled me off to the side to point out my embarrassing misspelling of "den".

I had to explain the play on words since "din" can mean a sort of low rumbling of discontent discussions.

If you're too far ahead of your crowd, you're just out for a lonely walk.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#46]
So I was playing around with making a logo and really liked the Live GD idea, and...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I like "LIVE GD" a lot.

I also kinda like "Beans or No Beans", that would be the first question every guest is asked and keep an all time running tally and the bottom.
View Quote

I think you should pick a stance, and defend it with no quarter;  Beanless Chili.  Doesn't matter if that's the way you roll or not - it's the conviction that makes the difference.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Like now. Fell off a ladder cleaning the gutters out this afternoon and I'm loopy as hell from back pain meds. I'm sitting here by myself watching TV because everyone went to bed and got to thinking, I wanna start a late night talk show livestream with arfcom members as guests. I think it would be funny as fuck having random GD'ers on live to discuss anything relevant, funny stories, firearms, politics, food, business, and womenz. It would be like a retarded Tonight Show: GD Edition. I have a ton of equipment to make this work and look halfway professional so it COULD be done.

Is OP a genius, or did OP maybe smack his head as well when he fell?

UPDATE #1:
Being that over 100 of you fuckers voted that this could be a good idea, I'm going to try to make it happen. Not sure how soon as I have a few things to do, such as design a virtual set, arrange for some folks that are willing to participate, get OBS set up for a conference style broadcast, etc. Also, got to think of a good name for this. Hoping to maybe start by Dec. 1 if everything works out.

UPDATE #2:
Ok, seriously looking to get this going and make it happen as this seems like it could be a lot of fun. I'm off work today so I just started designing a virtual set that is reminiscent of older late night talk shows. I want to get a list of folks that would be willing to be guests, so if you are interested, shoot me a PM. Looking for a name for this project as well, so if you have any ideas post it in this thread.
View Quote
I would watch. Would it be moderated at all?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#49]
WHere is the option for OP should share his pain meds
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So I was playing around with making a logo and really liked the Live GD idea, and...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/411079/Screenshot_20221014_121825_jpg-2562730.JPG
View Quote

I smell a winner!
Page / 44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top