Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Her server was an intelligence trough for foreign intelligence agencies but it’s a drop in the bucket compared to Snowden. Both belong in prison.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He gave every foreign intelligence service sensitive intelligence. The guy compromised our Nation.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/67160/ap090306017956-5-3763725844_jpg-2540181.JPG

I'm sure this cunt gave away much more damaging intel than Snowden did.

Her server was an intelligence trough for foreign intelligence agencies but it’s a drop in the bucket compared to Snowden. Both belong in prison.

Her server was wiped. We will never know the extent of what was on it.   All just speculation.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:58:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Her server was wiped. We will never know the extent of what was on it.   All just speculation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He gave every foreign intelligence service sensitive intelligence. The guy compromised our Nation.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/67160/ap090306017956-5-3763725844_jpg-2540181.JPG

Her and her staff purposely compromised numerous programs by air gapping information from classified systems onto her server.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I hope he gets taken out by a DJI mavic with a home made charge that gets dropped into his shorts while his taking a shit and the video is posted on youtube.
View Quote

i dont get all the hate for him.  with all the whistles he was blowing.
tell me the specific harm he has caused the US.  no dont give me any shit about "methods" or whatever give me some specific info.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He’s living with a lying crooked government that paid him for actionable intelligence about his own country.
View Quote

Wait, the same country he fled or ended up in?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

tell me the specific harm he has caused the US.  no dont give me any shit about "methods" or whatever give me some specific info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope he gets taken out by a DJI mavic with a home made charge that gets dropped into his shorts while his taking a shit and the video is posted on youtube.

Lol. He betrayed all of us under the guise of being a ‘whistle blower’.  Only simps buy into the “he’s a hero” train of thought.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We are the ones being spied upon. Where is your rage at that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's going to have a nice life with his family.  There won't be any tranny pedo librarians over there trying to groom his kids.

He gave the Russians more actionable intelligence than the entire SVR.

Oooh Russia found out about if Obama was going to spit or swallow Mike after he got back from playing golf on Martha's Vineyard?

Hope the traitorous little prick ends up eating something explosive and fraggy in UKR.

He'll die of old age surrounded by his grand children while deep staters here will wonder why their kids turned them in to the ATF after they didn't register their muzzle loaders.

That’s quite a mancrush you have on the guy.  Bet you’re a fan of the Rosenburgs, Alger Hiss, the Clintons, and Benedict Arnold too.

Cope and seethe.  

You liking spies and traitors doesn’t affect me at all, but it says a lot about you.

We are the ones being spied upon. Where is your rage at that?

That’s bad too.  Doesn’t change the fact that Snowden is a traitor who sold information to our enemies… even if some minute portion of the data told us something that thinking people already strongly suspected.

He needs to be shot (or hanged).  His fan club can deliver flowers to him afterward.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lol. He betrayed all of us under the guise of being a ‘whistle blower’.  Only simps buy into the “he’s a hero” train of thought.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually he is both a hero and villain.

I don’t care much for the man, but the way our government spies on us is intolerable.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Actually, no.   It’s the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/thatwasdifferent-667.gif

Actually what she did is far worse.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You liking spies and traitors doesn’t affect me at all, but it says a lot about you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's going to have a nice life with his family.  There won't be any tranny pedo librarians over there trying to groom his kids.

Oooh Russia found out about if Obama was going to spit or swallow Mike after he got back from playing golf on Martha's Vineyard?

Hope the traitorous little prick ends up eating something explosive and fraggy in UKR.

He'll die of old age surrounded by his grand children while deep staters here will wonder why their kids turned them in to the ATF after they didn't register their muzzle loaders.

That’s quite a mancrush you have on the guy.  Bet you’re a fan of the Rosenburgs, Alger Hiss, the Clintons, and Benedict Arnold too.

Cope and seethe.  

The only spy here is the NSA and its brother agencies.

And the only traitors here are the numb nuts who enable them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Do you deny that delivering military operational plans and capabilities briefs to our enemies damages our National Security?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you deny that delivering military operational plans and capabilities briefs to our enemies damages our National Security?

which enemies did he deliver military operational plans to? He has repeatedly said he didn't provide anything to Russia or China outside of what he published to everyone, about DOMESTIC spying program.

I'm not talking about shit obama or msn made up, what did he actually compromise other than illegal US spy programs aimed at US citizens?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did Snowden give Russian Uranium?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hillary operated for years.

Where is her fan club here, since selling government information to foreign governments is cool now.  Maybe some of her info made the US look bad too.  What a hero!
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

maybe.  what all was it that he released that was so bad?  what can the US no longer do now because of his release?
stack it all up against the info against the illegal surviellance state that he released.  personally, Id be willing to give up a shit ton to get rid of the deep state.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The guy who stole secrets, delivered them to China, and then defected to Russia is neither a spy nor a traitor?

No shit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cope and seethe.  

The only spy here is the NSA and its brother agencies.

And the only traitors here are those numb nuts who enable them.

The guy who stole secrets, delivered them to China, and then defected to Russia is neither a spy nor a traitor?

No shit?

Only if you consider yourself a part of the government.  I'm the guy whose side consists of the citizen civilians of the United States.  The intelligence agencies and the government that funds them are not our ally.

Snowden is worth an infinite amount of GHWB CIA directors.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

She did OTHER things that are far worse.

His espionage is of a greater magnitude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

.gov got caught breaking the law, he called them out, they wanted to lock him up and throw away the key, he went into fight or flight, fighting would have meant he loses, chose the path of his survival. .gov knew what they were doing was wrong, they didn't care, would continue to break the law anyway, he figured that out. He would be locked up the rest of his life, Hillary gets to walk free and clear.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

which enemies did he deliver military operational plans to? He has repeatedly said he didn't provide anything to Russia or China outside of what he published to everyone, about DOMESTIC spying program.

I'm not talking about shit obama or msn made up, what did he actually compromise other than illegal US spy programs aimed at US citizens?
View Quote

One example we know about was a program targeting Al Qaida in Iraq.

https://www.business-standard.com/article/international/snowden-documents-reveal-nsa-targeted-al-qaeda-with-leaky-apps-114013100860_1.html
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Your timeline is off.

He took a job with NSA in Hawaii, (which focuses on China) with the “sole intent of stealing secrets.”

He then stole those secrets and delivered them to China.

He did not, “call them out” and then flee.

He stole secrets and fled before the government knew anything about it.  It was not a “fight or flight” scenario, it was a deliberate plan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

.gov got caught breaking the law, he called them out, they wanted to lock him up and throw away the key, he went into fight or flight, fighting would have meant he loses, chose the path of his survival. .gov knew what they were doing was wrong, they didn't care, would continue to break the law anyway, he figured that out. He would be locked up the rest of his life, Hillary gets to walk free and clear.

Your timeline is off.

He took a job with NSA in Hawaii, (which focuses on China) with the “sole intent of stealing secrets.”

He stole secrets and fled before the government knew anything about it.  It was not a “fight or flight” scenario, it was a deliberate plan.

Who released THIS timeline?

Credibility is everything and I just do not believe .gov as they have lied, and lied, and lied, and lied, and lied  so many times that anything they say I expect to be a lie so why is it different this time?

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh boy. Not voicing for or against him, but its amazing how after this much time people are still more angry at what he did than what he exposed...its basically been forgotten.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Snowden is a better man than any of his detractors.

Sucks that this was his only good option, but it was.
View Quote

@arowneragain he made the unforgivable sin of exposing the security state. They had to crush him, along with Julian Assange.

It’s sad that what he exposed (illegal and unconstitutional spying on American citizens) gets lost in the fact that exposure inadvertently helped foreign actors.

ETA I will say my official position is I disagree with how he exposed it and more specifically who he exposed it to. But I have doubts whether anything would have been had he done it the “correct” way.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#29]
By being a Russian citizen is Snowden under possible risk of orders to be conscripted into the military?

For example could he be forced to go to the "Russian Front" as an arm twist or leverage something more material out of him for anti-west counter intel or embarrassment?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Good for him, fuck out govt.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not enough for us to stop hiring Chinese and placing them in Los Alamos apparently.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#32]
An American hero. It's a shame he can't come home freely.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#33]
ROFL at “patriots” defending a gov our Founders would have hung from a tree.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
F Snowden, may he rot in Russia, together with their government.
He made my life miserable, while I was at LM ADP.
Retirement did not change any of my prospective against him.
View Quote

Don't want your systems compromised maybe don't spy on Americans then. The collateral is the fault of those who instituted and maintained the dragnet not Ed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Good. He exposed a massively illegal and unconstitutional government program that of course none of them were ever punished form. Don't even get punished for lying to congress. One of Obama's stooges wrote in his book about how they purposely stranded Snowden in Russia to hurt his credibility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So is Snowden still a good guy now or is he evil. I have seen many people argue over this dude being a hero or traitor.

This should be good

Good. He exposed a massively illegal and unconstitutional government program that of course none of them were ever punished form. Don't even get punished for lying to congress. One of Obama's stooges wrote in his book about how they purposely stranded Snowden in Russia to hurt his credibility.
Evil. He manufactured out of whole cloth a domestic email monitoring program.  A real, legal, program that monitored the email of international bad guys got canceled because of it.
He manufactured this lie to cover the fact that he stole gigabytes of US intelligence data and took it to the Russians.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Kind of funny, because I was actually just thinking about Snowden yesterday, and wondering what his take was on all of the current happenings, given his um...asylum status and all. And Russia's famously tolerant view of dissenting political speech.

What an interesting life he's had (and will have). Sort of wonder if he regrets any of it. If he ever does, I imagine he'll keep it to himself.
View Quote

Imagine if they drafted him and sent him to Ukraine only for him to get captured. Zolkin could do a video interview with him, it would be glorious.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Snowden is a “patriot”

Of course, he’s also Russian
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ROFL at “patriots” defending a gov our Founders would have hung from a tree.

Snowden is a “patriot”

Of course, he’s also Russian

Well the Russians did get Donald Trump elected
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't, we don't really know what he did. We know what they say he did. They say a lot of other stuff too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He did.  When he gave that long interview with Glen Greenwald.

Where in the world did you get your mythical timeline?  A Russian children’s book about the “Hero Snowden”?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your timeline is off.

Who released THIS timeline?

Credibility is everything and I just do not believe .gov as they have lied, and lied, and lied, and lied, and lied  so many times that anything they say I expect to be a lie so why is it different this time?

He did.  When he gave that long interview with Glen Greenwald.

Where in the world did you get your mythical timeline?  A Russian children’s book about the “Hero Snowden”?

The basic timeline of what was reported at the time. You got a transcript of that interview.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#42]
The amount of dick sucking for the federal government in this thread in unsurprising.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Evil. He manufactured out of whole cloth a domestic email monitoring program.  A real, legal, program that monitored the email of international bad guys got canceled because of it.
He manufactured this lie to cover the fact that he stole gigabytes of US intelligence data and took it to the Russians.
View Quote

You wanting to trade liberty for safety?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Cincinnatus

What about this?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well the Russians did get Donald Trump elected
View Quote

Well it .gov said it's true then it must be, right?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The point is that the government has massive spying on us.

I don't agree with everything Snowden did but our government is out of control.
View Quote
If Obama or trump pardoned him for exposing our unconstitutional illegal government acts instead of hunting him he wouldn't have had to do whatever he did .   This shit isn't on Snowden. Not one fucking bit
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#47]
In a just society he would live here in the United States free from fear of persecution or assassination, character or otherwise.  Our Top Men sent a team of people to make up sex crimes against Julian Assange. Imagine what they’d do to Snowden if given the chance.

He’s a hero and anyone who says otherwise can eat shit while Obama watches you through your phones camera.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

He achieved very little in the grand scheme of things.

As far as him being “stranded,” as you recall, he met with the Russians while he was in China.  Then he left with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

@Cincinnatus

What about this?

He achieved very little in the grand scheme of things.

As far as him being “stranded,” as you recall, he met with the Russians while he was in China.  Then he left with them.

So let's just play a little what if game.

You find something highly illegal that the .gov did. You report it but now do you turn yourself in knowing the .gov is highly corrupt?

You decide you are not going to be Arkancided or go to jail for exposing the illegal activity. The .gov makes it where your former home is no longer your home. What do you do? Where do you go?

Rules to this game is you are not Snowden, you are you. Simple question, answer as you may. Or cowar from the question.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Here's your regular reminder that Snowden didn’t do what he did out of some profound sense of moral obligation.  He was mad that he didn’t get a job with the NSA and was largely embarrassed that they laughed him out of the room.  It was revenge.  

Much of what he leaked had nothing to do with domestic surveillance at all, but crucial sigint programs for foreign collection. That's what the NSA’s literal fucking mandate is.  Let's not forget the fact he was totally fine doing what he did for the previous administration.  He literally know exactly what was going on and wanted to do it himself.  He handed both Russia and China critical information that NSA collected about them, ruining sources and methods for decades at considerable expense.

He outright lied about his military service.  He lied on his resume to get the job at Booz.  He's always been a distrustful piece of shit.  The signs were there when he worked for the CIA in 2009.  A supervisor sent him back to the US and essentially fired him because he was trying to gain unauthorized access to classified information.  He tried to cheat his way into working with TAO.  I guess in a way he did the country a favor because he likely would have been a much greater danger to the IC if he succeeded in getting such a job.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top