Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:48:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Who’s wife here is this?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
depends, if she knew that is was a feral dog I give her a pass. If she was too dumb to know then I agree.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should result in a permanent hunting license revocation.
depends, if she knew that is was a feral dog I give her a pass. If she was too dumb to know then I agree.
Her post if prima facie evidence that she believed it to be a wolf.  A wolf, for which, she didn't have a tag.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Wolves are not dumb, a ride in the car beats a long walk.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Her post if prima facie evidence that she believed it to be a wolf.  A wolf, for which, she didn't have a tag.
View Quote

Yup. Fuck poaching and fuck poachers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

That’s so messed up!
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well.....

At least it wasn't a llama
View Quote

We used to put blaze orange vests on our horses during firearm deer season.  People are just that fucking stupid to mistake a brown 2000 lb quarterhorse for a 200 lb deer.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  FWP will love her tenderly if she didn't have a tag.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:23:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It seems reasonable from both sides to me.  Sure the livestock might cause some property damage, but I doubt it's much and it's easy to repair.  Dogs harassing livestock can injure or kill them pretty easily, which can mean the loss of a lot of money and time especially if the livestock is a breeder with good genes.  And I'm sure everyone with a shred of sense understands what a pet can mean to a family, no matter how much of a fence-jumping shithead he might be.  It's nice when you have a decent neighbor and the situation allows the neighbor to help get the dog off the land without a more permanent solution.  But it's asking a lot to want that more than once or twice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I totally wood but GD provides too much entertainment. Like the dog shooting Diesel McBadass operatives on here. If you are serious about shooting tame dogs on your property, you should be prosecuted.

Is your dog harassing my livestock?

It lost it’s oxygen license.

It’s Interesting to see the polarity on this topic. I’ve never really taken the time to think about it.  

I have high $ value dogs that due to their nature wander from time to time. I live with the reality that they could get hit by a car or lose them to an accident. One of them being shot by a neighbor has never really crossed my mind but is within their rights.

On the other side of the coin a couple times a year my neighbors horses or cattle wonder onto my property. They’ve been in my back yard even entering my barn and caused what most would view as”property damage” they could also be a danger to someone who doesn’t know how to deal with them.

I always  just wrangled them up and helped the neighbor get them back where they should be. Guess shooting them would be an option that I never considered, maybe even take a couple shots at their boy when he rides his 4 wheeler on my property…

It seems reasonable from both sides to me.  Sure the livestock might cause some property damage, but I doubt it's much and it's easy to repair.  Dogs harassing livestock can injure or kill them pretty easily, which can mean the loss of a lot of money and time especially if the livestock is a breeder with good genes.  And I'm sure everyone with a shred of sense understands what a pet can mean to a family, no matter how much of a fence-jumping shithead he might be.  It's nice when you have a decent neighbor and the situation allows the neighbor to help get the dog off the land without a more permanent solution.  But it's asking a lot to want that more than once or twice.

You’ve never seen a horse maim another horse?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I am not sure there is really much difference between a feral dog and a wolf.

I guess they are technically different subspecies but they are literally the same species.

Sort of looks faked as well without reading all pages. Looks like some poses with a live dog and then photoshopped dogs head on a pelt.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Montana law regarding dogs and livestock. (I think there are laws about shooting dogs chasing wildlife, I'll have to find that)

Killing Of Dogs Harassing, Destroying, Or Injuring Stock -- Notice To Owner -- Penalty
81-7-401. Killing of dogs harassing, destroying, or injuring stock -- notice to owner -- penalty. (1) As used in this section, "harasses" means worries, chases, or runs after livestock, including ostriches, rheas, and emus, in a manner that may lead to subsequent injury to the livestock.

(2) A dog, whether licensed or not, that, while off the premises owned or under control of its owner and on property owned, leased, or controlled by the livestock owner, harasses, kills, wounds, or injures livestock not belonging to the owner of the dog is considered a public nuisance and:

(a) may be killed immediately by the owner of the livestock or an agent or employee of the owner; or

(b) the owner of the dog, when reasonably notified after due process, shall kill the dog within 24 hours of notification. If the owner fails to do so, an officer may be notified and shall kill the dog or cause the dog to be killed.

(3) A dog may not be killed in a manner that will endanger a person.

(4) This section does not apply to a dog herding livestock under the direction of its owner or the agents or employees of its owner.

(5) This section does not apply to a dog engaged in legitimate sport hunting or predator control activities under the direction of its owner or the agents or employees of its owner.

(6) The owner of a dog that harasses, kills, wounds, or injures livestock is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be fined not more than $500.

I don't think you can legally shoot a dog trespassing on your property just because.  Harasing livestock, pets, people ok, but just trespassing I don't think so.

In any case, this dumbass shot a dog thinking it was a wolf and did not posses a wolf tag.  She could get loved tenderly (and I hope she does).  I have no problem with hunting or trapping wolves, have at it.  Just play by the rules.

ETA. Regarding dogs chasing wildlife:

Except as provided in subsection (3)(g), a peace officer, game warden, or other person authorized to enforce the Montana fish and game laws who witnesses a dog chasing, stalking, pursuing, attacking, or killing a hooved game animal may destroy that dog on public land or on private land at the request of the landowner without criminal or civil liability.

Apparently John Q. Citizen can't up and shoot dogs chasing deer through the forest.  The 3(g) exclusion says you can use dogs to chase wildlife off of your property.

3(g) use trained or controlled dogs to chase or herd away game animals or fur-bearing animals to protect humans, lawns, gardens, livestock, or agricultural products, including growing crops and stored hay and grain. The dog may not be destroyed pursuant to subsection (2).
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Trust me we live in the sticks… I hunt and shoot out my back door. I’ve returned many a dog.

Thankfully my pooch (a 100 lb GSD) doesn’t leave our yard, even though we have no fence. He just doesn’t have any wanderlust. He protects the house and that’s it. It’s his job and he likes his job.

But he’s still a dog, and there would be hell to pay if some redneck asshole shot him for just being in the wrong place.

Chasing and harassing stock? I’d be pissed, especially if it was a first offense. But I can get why folks need to protect there livelihood.

But the whole “I shoot dogs on sight because that’s what we do out here!” fills every negative stereotype of gun owners, hunters, and county folk.
View Quote

This. Sometimes dogs just do dog shit and it takes a second for the owner to react.

I got really lucky. I used to take my buddy to work with me when we were surveying timber tracts because it was usually 100+ acres with no one nearby. But one day on the edge of a plot my dog ran down to the creek. Its something he loved doing and I could see him, and he was about 200 yards down hill splashing about.

I was still working so I looked away for about a minute, and figured he was on his way back. He was ALWAYS up my ass and was my shadow for the years I was lucky enough to have him. But in that time he had smelled something interesting and had decided to investigate. Turns out a guy deep in the woods had a chicken coop at the back edge of his property about 300-400 feet away from his house. I didn't see or notice it until I heard a shot, and went into full panic. I RAN down that hill calling his name and praying that my dog hadn't been shot. I heard the guy yell out "I just shot a warning shot, I wouldn't shoot a dog" and I can't describe the feeling of relief I had hearing that. Because at a distance, his golden color and his smaller stature he could be confused for a coyote. He hadn't killed anything, he was smelling near the fully enclosed pen when the guy shot.

But now I had to find him because he was gone. He had a blaze orange collar on (what might have saved him) and after 30-40 mins of checking everywhere near the creek and chicken coop I finally retraced my path to the work truck. And there he was, hiding underneath it.

Sometimes you make a mistake. I mistakenly thought there were no neighbors and he could run around free. I'm glad that the good ole boy who lived in that holler was nice enough not to shoot my dog for trespassing. I know I personally couldn't shoot a dog for anything less then trying to kill me and mine.

So for you guys in rural BFE, remember that its likely someones pet that got loose before shooting it. Chickens can be replaced. And if my guy had killed some, I would have gladly paid to replace them. Hell theres no amount of money I wouldn't pay to have him back period.

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If you kill something based on incorrect ID, and still treat it as what you thought it was even after being corrected, can you be charged with killing what you thought it was?

Maybe they should just plaster ger photos at all license sellers with a big "Don't do this" sign.
View Quote

“Mens rea”

Unless she can convince the judge/jury that her post was satire, she intended to take a wolf illegally.

If you go buy a baggie of white powder from a dude on the street, then take it to the police to complain that it’s powdered sugar instead of the cocaine you thought you were getting… how do you think that’ll turn out?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Looks a hell of a lot more like a wolf than the dog on the OP.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If that was my Husky she shot I would be going to jail...just saying.
View Quote

Maybe the morgue.  She might mistake you for chupacabra.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I will never understand why people come into everyone of these threads proudly proclaiming they would murder somebody over a dog.

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I will never understand why people come into everyone of these threads proudly proclaiming they would murder somebody over a dog.

View Quote

I suspect a fair amount of it is internet buffoonery and bluster, coming from both sides of the equation. A lot of it also seems to be regional differences.

I've said it before, and I'll probably end up saying it again, but that shit actually happens. Happened near here 20 years ago, and it cost two men their lives, and a third in prison for life. Over a dog shitting in someone's yard.

Another instance; a guy shot somebody's Lab for trespassing repeatedly. The shooter got a couple charges, and about a year later his garage "mysteriously" burned down while he was at work. Lost a truck and a bunch of family stuff. Everyone knew what happened, but no one gave a fuck what happens to someone they see as an asshole. Eventually he had to move, as everyone in that town hated him afterwards.

Where I live, we don't have feral dogs. If you see a dog on your property that isn't yours, it's either some Bear-hunter's hound, or a lost/runaway pet. Besides the emotional attachment people have, an awful lot of those dogs here are very expensive. Some of the bear-hounds run several thousand dollars each, and good bird-dogs can be an easy $1k-$2k. Most people here are smart enough not to fuck with someone else's stuff, whether it's a dog or a cow.

I'd wager where I live is more rural than many on this forum, but just shooting your neighbors dog is usually a good way to end up with some negative consequences. Especially around here, as most people are armed, and some don't give a fuck.

Everything is going great, until you run into the guy that's got very little to lose besides the animal you just killed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

You don’t have to understand it.

In some places if your are on someone’s property without permission - killing or destroying their property- they are justified to use lethal force.

To the point you could be running down the driveway with their old VCR under your arm and take one in the back.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

people  think they be john wick and shit
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Another update lol

Reddit

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Should result in a permanent hunting license revocation.
View Quote

Like you never made a mistake.  Do you even hunt?

A permanent loss of her hunting license is extreme to say the least.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Poor Belgarath
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

We used to put blaze orange vests on our horses during firearm deer season.  People are just that fucking stupid to mistake a brown 2000 lb quarterhorse for a 200 lb deer.
View Quote

There was a guy in the northern Shenandoah who’d paint COW on his beeves.  IIRC, the last time I recall reading about him in the paper, he’d started using luminous paint because some dickhead shot a cow, before sunrise, in violation of VDGIF hunting regs.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Boy, looking at the follow-up her and her boyfriend seem to be a special kind of stupid.

Killing a feral dog is one thing, skinning it a posing for pictures and posting it online is another. Threatening to kick people's ass over the backlash is doubling down on the stupid.

Where I lived in Maine we had a huge problem with packs of feral dogs killing deer, there were even several people that were attacked by them. The Game Wardens were encouraging everyone to shoot them on site. I understand killing feral dogs or dogs harassing livestock but that couple are just trash.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#27]
is she stupid? Sure, shooting a dog is terrible, but if it was truly a wild feral dog,  honestly that's probably worse than a wolf and I'm not sure she should face any charges.

I'm not 100% sure but I think in Utah you can shoot dogs harassing wild animals or livestock without penalty.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Besides the emotional attachment people have, an awful lot of those dogs here are very expensive. Some of the bear-hounds run several thousand dollars each, and good bird-dogs can be an easy $1k-$2k.
View Quote

LOL $1k-$2k? Maybe in 1990.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#29]

New Copy Pasta!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Has an owner come forward? If not, then besides her being too stupid to identify an animal and lying about it being aggressive, who cares?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Has an owner come forward? If not, then besides her being too stupid to identify an animal and lying about it being aggressive, who cares?
View Quote

Over a dozen dogs were dumped in the woods. She shot one of them. She's likely going to be cited for hunting wolves without a license because she bought the tag after she shot the dog.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Like you never made a mistake.  Do you even hunt?

A permanent loss of her hunting license is extreme to say the least.
View Quote

I've seen local DNR take such drastic action for a lot less of a "crime".  Start your deer season early?  Lose your hunting rights and all of your gear is confiscated.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#33]
What a stupid cunt.
If she was any fucking dumber I would have to water that bitch like a fucking tree.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#34]

From the comments:

He's certainly not one to be meth'd with.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Over a dozen dogs were dumped in the woods. She shot one of them. She's likely going to be cited for hunting wolves without a license because she bought the tag after she shot the dog.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+2

Couple of dogs also had parvo.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s fine. But people freaking out about someone shooting an unwanted dog that has no owner needs to chill.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#37]
There are people in this thread that would shoot a 1 year old baby in the face to save a dog.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There are people in this thread that would shoot a 1 year old baby in the face to save a dog.
View Quote

Is it a liberal baby?

(I'm joking mods, don't taze me, bro.)
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#40]
So apparently now she's using the Southpark "IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!!" defense. After reading her boyfriends tirade, I think it's safe to say those accusing her of being extraordinarily low in the IQ department are likely spot on given the "birds of a feather" clause. It's clear her boyfriend has no more than a second grade reading/writing level and is probably legally mentally handicapped due to his clear lack of brain function. They've lost any possible benefit of the doubt I may or may not have had. It wasn't nefarious I'm betting, it was just incredibly stupid people doing what incredibly stupid people do. Lets hope those two do not procreate. The gene pool is bad enough as it is.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Fucking stupid bitch.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Just a dog but a whole lot of derp involving social media. King’s deer police love social media because it’s less work they actually have to do.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

New Copy Pasta!
View Quote

It's almost like divine providence, isn't it?   Seeing something like that, still new and pure is a thing of beauty.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I like that:

1. Facebook post brags about shooting a wolf pup
2. Second Facebook post claims the rabid dog was chasing her, so she shot it in self defense
3. Meth boyfriend posts stating that the dog was rabid and chasing deer only
4. Meth boyfriend in same post says everyone makes mistakes

Which one is it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So apparently now she's using the Southpark "IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!!" defense. After reading her boyfriends tirade, I think it's safe to say those accusing her of being extraordinarily low in the IQ department are likely spot on given the "birds of a feather" clause. It's clear her boyfriend has no more than a second grade reading/writing level and is probably legally mentally handicapped due to his clear lack of brain function. They've lost any possible benefit of the doubt I may or may not have had. It wasn't nefarious I'm betting, it was just incredibly stupid people doing what incredibly stupid people do. Lets hope those two do not procreate. The gene pool is bad enough as it is.
View Quote

Yep. Not nefarious, just a fuck up she just had to brag about (her original post), then try to cover for (buying a tag after the fact), then try to justify (IT WAS COMING RIGHT FOR ME!).

Stupid is as stupid does, and that’s a monumental heap of stupid. Probably shouldn’t be in the woods hunting. And her boyfriend is just as bad.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I like that:

1. Facebook post brags about shooting a wolf pup
2. Second Facebook post claims the rabid dog was chasing her, so she shot it in self defense
3. Meth boyfriend posts stating that the dog was rabid and chasing deer only
4. Meth boyfriend in same post says everyone makes mistakes

Which one is it?
View Quote

In any and all cases. No fucks given.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:05:55 PM EDT
[#47]
"Chasing deer."  "Coming right at me." And so forth.  It's like a Magic 8 Ball of rhetorical excuses.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Everyone: OMG this woman is evil. I’m glad the rest of the dogs were found by the local humane society.

The local humane society:
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#49]

Looks like a hobbit caught a wolf on the shire...
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Was this one of the predator black bears she was after?

Attachment Attached File
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top