Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2001 10:59:44 PM EDT
I have a Smith & Wesson, Mod 60 snub, J-Frame, five-shot and two Galco holsters for it. A 1911 full-size Springfield and three holsters, Smith Mod. 19 4" bbl. 38 Spl two holsters, a Ruger BlackHawk 44 mag. 10.5" bbl and two holsters.

The Bakail Makarov is the one that gets carried. 10-12 rds and it just seems to have the features I like . . . double action, decocker, visible hammer, points where I point. Slightly larger than the Smith .357 . . . which has twice the punch, but half the capacity.

Yeah, I carry the others, but I carry the Mak the most. This make any sense?

Link Posted: 5/29/2001 12:33:42 AM EDT
[#1]
with some corbon rounds, YUP it makes perfect sense
just practice those fast mag changes and your set
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 1:08:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Makarov is a nice carry weapon.
The best carry weapon is the one your most comfortable with. Since switching to the
SW 649 .357 I haven't thought about carrying
anything else.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:00:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:28:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I USERALY CARRY MY DETECTIVE SPEC OR MY WALTHER PPK/S.HOWEVER ive started carrying my EG MAK MORE OFFTEN.I LIKE A FLAT PISTOL MORESO THAN A FAT LITTLE SNUBBIE AND THE MAK IN 9MM MAKAROV has twice the power as my walther in .32
cant speak highly enough about the makarov pistol.
i have a bugarian and a 1961 east german modle ,the trigger on the EG BREAKS LIKE A GLASS ROD.BY FAR THE BEST TRIGGER OF ANY IN MY COLLECTION.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 7:00:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Ditto that Scooper, the triggers are stunning! Just like a fine tuned smith& wesson, probably one of the best values for the money on the surplus market!!! If they ever show up in quanity again I'll buy another one!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top